• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Into an Infinite Darkness (Closed)

Romeo frowns watching the lanky guard retreat down the hallway after depositing them steps away from their waiting ship. Her thoughts spin, tumbling over one another like a falling star. What were they going to do? Make the repairs and then make a run for it? When the engineer offers his hand, she doesn't take it or do whatever it is he intended her to do with it. Instead she scowls, shooting a quick glance around them. They were no doubt being watched, they'd need to be careful about what they did and especially said while here. Romeo wants to decline when he suggests venturing into one of the bars, exhaustion pulls at her now that the remaining adrenaline in her system fades. Plus they needed to get back to the ship and figure out what they were going to do.

Was he threatening her? She eyes his back as he moves towards the nearest bar without her response. Romeo chews on her lip. He no doubt suspected she'd comply, given she'd want answers just as he did. Romeo glances at Blue, who hovered, oddly quiet, beside her. The little droid bobs quickly up and down, her version of a shrug. "Alright, lets go," Romeo hums, slipping through a group of workers who'd just docked. They grumble softly to one another, tired after a long day's work. They stare at the two strangers openly. It would be difficult to remain anonymous here, she notes. Everyone knew everyone.

Romeo ducks into the dim bar (one proclaiming to have the best imported liqueur on the ship) closely behind the engineer. A strip of red light illuminates the area just inside, washing them both for a moment completely in red. It looked like they were covered in blood. Romeo shivers. The space within was small, but somehow still held the feeling of being spacious- likely a trick of the poor lighting. The murmurings of different languages fill the space, mixing with the sound of clinking glasses, and static filled music coming from hidden speakers.

She's glad when he chooses a table situated away from the other patrons and near the back of the bar. Romeo takes the seat facing the doorway, able to keep an eye not only on her companion from here but the rest of the bar as well. She sits rigidly until the drinks arrive, the bar keep barely sparing them a glance, and then they were left to their own. Romeo wraps her fingers around her glass, the condensation on it cooling her palms. She'd never really drank before- her parents never had and as a pilot (even an unimportant one on Polos) she had to be sober. Still she picks up the glass, returning the engineer's cheers, somewhat ironically, and nearly downs all of it.

"What's your name?" Romeo asks, not missing a beat. She might as well start with the basics, see where and how far the lies extended.

Sami eyed the girl across from him closely, the android buzzing around her, seemingly as nosey as very, so far though without any remarks to the establishment that had been chosen. He would have prefered to talk over everything in a more private place, but considering that she had aimed a gun at him and he had thought about stranding her at a space station, a place like this with potential witnesses around seemed like a better option, that and a drink would probably help ease the atmosphere as the last few hours had not exactly given them time to relax. He thanked the barkeep with a nod and grabbed the glass by the top, letting the amber liquid circle for a few moments, the liquid looking better than he had anticipated. He eased up a bit as the girl returned the cheer only for his eyes to widen ever so slightly as she downed most of it one sip, though he followed her lead, downing his drink, shaking his head as the liquid burned its way down his throat.

He smiled at her, his face brightening as he took out the stolen ID he had used till now, placing it on the table with a small chuckle. "Well I guess that one has served its use well enough" he looked at the idea with a glint of mischief in his eyes before his eyes settled on the pilot again, his facial expression calm, with a small friendly smile on his lips as he spoke up. "Well my real name is Sami, that one belongs to some poor sap I managed to meet in a bar, he should have woken up with a headache and without a few of his belongings by now.." He leaned onto the table for a moment as the gear in his heads were turning, trying to figure out just how honest he should be with the girl., his first instinct telling him to only be truthful with what she could double check, thought hat thought died out quickly as he realised that he would need a way off this station either way and not only was the ship that had gotten here a damn fine one but also had the girl shown to be a very capable pilot. certainly an appealing combination.

He signalled the barkeep, motioning for a bottle as that would make it easier to talk without any interruptions, waiting to talk until the bottle was placed at the table, both glasses topped off by Sami only a moment later. "And before you ask, besides that I have been truthful" he left out the fact that he had not exactly given her much information besides that. "I am an engineer and I would say a pretty good one at that... Just not from Pollos..or employed as such." he took a sip from his glass, hoping that it would make it easier to think of a favourable wording. "I have been to Pollos and as you may be able to tell I manage to piss off quite a few people already, so I had decided that I needed to get off that cursed rock and you offered the only opportunity" He was quite certain that she would have more questions, but as a basic outline it should be enough, at least enough to ease the distrust. "Now that brings me to one question that has been at the back of my mind ever since our little trip tot he station...Why did you turn into a deserter?" Romeo had seemed rather straightforward from his experience and frankly, she did not seem like the kind of person to turn her back on the people she had pledged to serve as a pilot. The girl did not seem like she would feel at home in the darker parts of space, yet here she was sitting at a bar with a scoundrel like him.

Romeo's gaze flickers to the ID he tosses onto the table. In the dim lighting it looked standard issue. However knowing it was fake she now notices a slight imperfection with the picture, probably from when he was rushing to cover the old photo with his own. She snorts, leaning back in her seat, wondering who the poor guy was that Sami, had taken advantage of. Romeo slowly turns the near empty glass in front of her, only a little of the amber liquid remained, the rest swished around somewhat unpleasantly in her stomach. Although the unpleasantness was slowly fading, being replaced by a weird giddiness that bubbles up inside her.

She watches as Blue goes and hovers over the id, scanning it and likely fact checking Sami's words as soon as they leave his lying mouth. Romeo watches him from across the table, trying to decipher whether he was now telling the whole truth, or if she was just getting bits and pieces. Her brow draws together though when he mentions not being employed by Polo's or even from the planet. How had be gotten there then? It was nearly impossible to come or leave- as they very well knew. Was there some kind of underground way of transportation she hadn't known about?

Romeo drums her fingers lightly over the table, her full glass remaining full for the time being. He could have found a way onto Polo's moon, she supposes then snuck onto one of the supply ships that traveled the short distance back and forth for the Moon's wealthy population.

Romeo arches a brow, her attention drifting back to Sami hearing his question. "I didn't desert," she says simply. For moment she wonders herself if she should be telling him anything, but at this point what harm could it do? It's not like it would get her into anymore trouble. "I don't work for the military." She doesn't tell him that she was barely a certified pilot- in Polo's eyes at least. He'd seen for himself that she could handle herself in a cockpit.

"How did you get onto Polos?" She asks, deciding it was her turn to ask a question again.

Sami watched the droid go over the ID with a grin on his face, the ID had managed to do its job and the fact that even the hasty job done on it had been enough was something he took pleasure in, though his face turned more serious once more as he focused on the pilot and the words coming out of her mouth. The young engineer even laughed as she corrected him about her status as a deserter, for a moment thinking about if it was smart to say anything, in the end, he could not help himself. "While I am sure there are some greater motives for your actions or even an employee on polos, I do have to say that you are a pilot that left his position behind, stole a ship and ended up on a wanted transmission next to a con artist while most of your planets navy tried to murder both of us... certainly sounds like a deserter to me" he mumbled instead raising his glace "But hey we are here to clear up all these little misconceptions." he downed his glass, finding the burn rather pleasant as a warmth slowly began to spread from his stomach.

Sadly Romeo did rain on his parade a bit by asking a rather difficult question, things like that were considered secrets of the trade usually, then again it seemed like questions like this one had to be expected, so he simply straightened himself, opening the bottle, motioning towards it as a signal that Romeo could and should help herself to a bit more to drink while he prepared his answer. His voice was calm, only loud enough for Romeo, and her droid. "Well it turns out that even in such a godforsaken system certain people do have access to luxuries, often delivered by smugglers, one of those smugglers is a man I used to work with before and for a very fair price, he was willing to get me to your little moon...That of course was the easy part." he paused for a moment, sighing " I soon found out that to get to the actual planet it would either be one of the rare private transports for VIPs or cargo run by your navy....The navy turned out to be the easier option, it took me a lot of time but with the right arguments, a certain behaviour and a fitting enough costume, enlisted personnel can be convinced that there had been a mishap at the last transport of personal and the easiest way to cover up such as mistake is to simply correct it. Getting a set of papers that held up to the scrutiny that comes along with such an endeavour, of course, took a bit longer than I would have liked and I did almost end up caught a few times, but as you can see, I did make it. It helped that I made a rather convincing case to know one of your commanders, a certain Admiral Evans or something like that" he waved the name off with his hand, he tended to forget names like that once they had served their purpose.

A smirk appeared on his face as he realised that this answer should be enough to make it his turn once more, his tone was casual as if catching up with an old acquaintance." So, I do have to ask though, seeing as I doubt that you wanted to end up here...Where do you intend to go?" In his mind he was focused on the ship, the girl would most likely need to travel far, and at least faster than the ships they had run into earlier, if his assumptions were right it could be that she might need his help and in turn, be his way off this station.

Romeo merely shrugs, he had a point, but she wouldn't acknowledge it further. Just because they were both coming clean didn't mean they were suddenly best friends. To one another they were still a means to the other's ends. Romeo lifts her glass drinking the remaining liquid inside. While he describes his harrowing journey of getting to Polos, the bar keep brings two more full glasses, one of which she accepts. She's somewhat annoyed that Sami seemed to have managed it so easily- compared to all the trouble she'd gone through to take their now broken ship. However, a bigger part of her, probably the one now being drowned in alcohol is fairly impressed.

"Everything Polos can manage to produce goes to that bloody moon," Romeo sneers. She absently draws a likeliness of the moon with the condensation that had collected on the table from her glass. "They leave nothing for the people on the planet, who are already being devastated by the storms." Romeo shakes her head, her face flushing red either from anger or her drink. "The higher up military personnel are loyal dogs hoping they'll one day be allowed on the moon. But most of the rest... not so much." She takes another drink, then points at him. "You must have found the right one to let you by."

Blue buzzes her assent and comes to perch on the rim of Romeo's glass. It was to keep the girl from drinking anymore, but it also provided an great vantage point to keep an eye on their con artist.

Romeo blinks slowly, her mind turning over his question once and then again when no answer immediately presents itself. "I don't know," she mumbles, slouching back in her seat. They'd ended up a lot further from her original destination, and in a lot worse condition. At this point she didn't even know if they would manage to get off this rock heap. She sighs resting her head back against the top of the seat so she stared up at the ceiling lights. They swam in her vision, thanks to her head having begun to spin a little. Romeo smirks, thinking it was much like flying or maybe crashing.

"The closest cluster of planets is in the Indigo quadrant. It'll take about a week to get there, but they would be an ideal location," Blue chirps, her scanner flickering to Romeo, without testing Romeo's blood she knows her blood alcohol index was quickly rising, and her sense quickly plummeting. Blue turns back to Sami. "Where do you intend to go?" She asks.

Last edited:
He noticed her shrug and her general reaction to the little remark, for a moment wondering if he had pushed his luck a bit too far, after all making this trip more difficult than it already would be, was not something he wanted to do, luckily the pilot seemed to not hold the remark against him as she still appeared quite entertained by his story.

As she spoke once more he had expected some more banter, though this time he turned out to be wrong as the voice of Romeo was nothing more than a sneer, her words full of anger and maybe even disappointment at how things were at her home planet, the moon she had drawn on the glass slowly fading from the glass, leaving Sami looking at the place where she had drawn before he spoke softly. "The galaxy is full of places like this, grant it a dying world like Polos is a rare case but things like the exploitation are everywhere... Even in the core systems..." images of the villages on Pluto flashed through his mind, the cheap barracks and small cheaply built apartment buildings for the workers, small houses for the foremen and then there were the people that made proper money, mostly employees from earth or mars, overseeing the shipyards, these houses were a different story, some of the only places on Pluto not covered in ice where the gardens of the elite and gardens of the company headquarters. The flush forest on one property offering the strange sight of trees rising in the middle of a walled property in the middle of the ice surface, he took a calm breath, swallowing down these memories as he smirked at her comment about finding the right one. "A talent at finding the right person is a huge reason I am still alive."

His eyes moved from the pilot to the android that was now perched on the glass while the pilot seemed to feel the alcohol as she looked up at the ceiling after admitting that she was without a destination, the lights appearing to fascinate the girl for a moment as Blue interjected herself into the conversation, her eyes focused on Sami, leaving him with the distinct impression that the android was not as cooperative as the pilot and most likely not a fan of the fact that the two of them were getting drunk, Sami feeling the warmth spread throughout his body, needing just a few moments longer to formulate his thoughts, his movements a tad slower, all signs of the fact that the pilot was not the only one feeling the drinks, yet he did not mind, after all considering their situation, one could easily enough come up with an excuse to drink.

He took his time mulling Blues question, on the one hand, he could move towards the core system, contact who had given him this little tip and sell what he had gotten, on the other hand, a straight route usually was an easy one to follow and considering the expenses uses to get to the pilot and him he wanted some time to figure out what it was he had gotten his hands on to, the force used had seemed a bit excessive for it and if he played his cards right he could end up with more than he had originally signed up for.

He turned his head as the bar began to fill up the atmosphere getting rowdier while he signaled for more glasses, pretending to not see how the android seemed to be against more drinking, his answer pouring out of his mouth slowly, as if he was still mulling over every word, yet it was for once not a play or time, but the alcohol and genuine lack of plan. "I will go wherever, as long as I get off this ship" he mumbled as he tried to remember if he had been to the Indigo quadrant or knew someone from there, his brain only producing a mix of nonsense and musings concerning another journey of his. "After that, I would love to eventually make my way back to the inner systems, but that has time....After all, I would rather make sure that we don't have anyone on our heels first" he sighed as the sounds of a loud argument grew behind them, the atmosphere reminding Sami of the beginning of many bar brawls Sami had witnessed. "Though maybe we should pay up and continue that talk on our ship?" he asked as his eyes darted around, taking note of the atmosphere in the room, wondering if the two of them would manage to get out of the bar before it properly started.

Romeo releases a breath, her interest in the star lights waning. She frowns hearing his remark about exploitation being found far and wide in the universe. She swats Blue off the rim of her glass and takes another drink. "Maybe it's just human nature then... to just... use and destroy everyone and everything around you." Romeo crosses her arms on the table then rests her chin on them, feeling strangely warm and bubbly physically but hopeless emotionally. Weird.

She merely nudges those unwanted feelings aside and tries to focus on what Sami's answer to Blue's question would be. Which was a task far more difficult that she imagined it would be. Romeo breaths out a laugh. She'd always wanted to visit the inner systems- the oldest parts of humanity, where it all began some say. Her father had been once, when he was slightly older than she was now. He would tell her bedtime stories about the old cities on the planets, some of which were haunting ruins. Forgotten things that were whimsical just for being so. Her little mind gobbled the stories up and dreamed similar adventures she would go on one day.

Romeo turns her head to the side, glancing toward the growing commotion closer to the bar. She had no idea what they were yelling at each other as they were speaking in another language, but it was no doubt obscenities. "What? And miss the show?" Romeo snorts, sweeping her hand towards them. However, the alcohol had made her movements sloppy so she sweeps her arm to much forward and ends up smacking the legs of another bar patron. Romeo exclaims an apology, then bursts into a fit of giggles at how ridiculous she'd sounded.

"We should go," Blue agrees, hovering worriedly over the table. Her sensor darts back and forth between Romeo who was still laughing- what was so funny? and the arguing crew members. Thankfully the stranger she'd smacked was either too drunk to notice or to intent on the brewing fight to care.

Romeo gasps around her laughter, unable for a moment to stop. She leans back in her seat- too fast, causing her head to spin. "Oh!" She chuckles, placing one hand against her head, like that would make her vision hold still. "Fine, lets go. This place is boring." Romeo hums scooting to the edge of the seat before hopping up. She nearly falls back as vertigo sweeps over her, but she manages to catch herself on the edge of the table. "Come on space pirate," Romeo laughs softly, clever nickname.

Sami watched the pilot swat the droid away as if having an argument about who was in charge of her drinking, only for her words to draw his attention away from that little power struggle, leaving him with furrowed brows as he tried to think of a quib or joke he could make, sadly coming up empty as the girl had hit the nail on the head, he had so far never found a star system without something like that. Truly the biggest export of the human race, destruction.

The pilot seemed lost in her thoughts for a moment, almost seeming a bit melancholic before life came back to her face, easing fears of Sami about the alcohol having caused a good old emotional breakdown, instead it seemed to have brought out the humour in Romeo. He laughed a bit at her comment about the show as he eyed the bar, as the atmosphere moved towards the boiling point without any signs of it easing up. The idea of watching the show was more tempting than one would think, in part because he was getting drunk just like her and in part because fights like these offered a good payday for someone with quick fingers, but his fingers were slow and much more suited to pouring more alcohol into glasses than stealing things. These finer philosophical considerations were put on hold as Romeo smacks someone's legs and while the patron did not seem to even notice it was more than enough to make clear that a bar fight was not a fitting environment for the two of them.

Blues voice is a sign of good news for the first time to Sami since he finally agrees with the android on a point, more than glad to go as the sounds of angry words was replaced by a wild array of even angrier words and then lastly the loud sound of a punch landing. The room fell eerily quiet for a moment as Sami could not even comment the nickname, only chuckling while he made sure to at least leave some credits tugged in under the glass. Before he even turned around to follow Romeo the eerie silence had vanished, replaced by fists flying, glass and bones breaking.

The conman did his best, manoeuvring between the many small brawls that made up the barfight, barely able to dodge some stray punches or bottles heading his way, instead, smirking as he spotted a whisky bottle on a table, grabbing it with an unsteady hand. His joy was short-lived as he found himself face to face with the presumable owner of the bottle and could not even let out a snarky comment about the man's appearance before a fist was flying towards his face. Sami got ready to dodge the punch, his feet almost moving on their own and yet he never had to, the man was suddenly holding his face, apparently having been hit by something from the side, either way Sami was out of here, bolting for the door as the sounds of the fight and music from the speakers filled his ears, the action almost happening in slow motion as he wondered how he had gotten into this.

Time only seemed to return to its normal flow when he made it out of the bar, the port of the station still brightly lit as he looked up at all the neon signs, his head spinning slightly as he took deep breathes, somehow trying to regain his composure as he could not help but interrupt his breathing exercise for some laughter, looking at the still almost full bottle in his head before he leaned against the wall, looking for Romeo, more than happy to share his find, for a military pilot the girl made for a drinking companion, and even better it did seem like he would not have to find another ride of this station, at least if they managed to get the ship fdixed and off the station without pissing off even more people. He took a relived sip from the bottle, eager to continue this evening on the ship.

Romeo sweeps her hand toward the exit, letting her space pirate take the lead through the erupted chaos. Giant fists flew, glasses broke and shouted words in another language which she could only assume were curses, filled the tiny bar. All the while the tiny lights overhead illuminated it all prettily. Romeo glances toward Blue, who hovered protectively just above Romeo's right shoulder. The little droid's sensor was darting frantically, no doubt analyzing the chances that at least one of them would get hit by something. Romeo smirks trailing behind Sami as he shuffles and weaves through the mess.

A round ball of adrenaline rests in her chest as they agonizingly make their way to the exit. The bar was rolling, perhaps because her vision was still affected by the alcohol. That made this all the more fun however. Romeo arches a brow when Sami swipes a full bottle of liquor off one of the tables- no doubt figuring it's owner had abandoned it for more violent ventures. Unfortunately his judgement hadn't served him. A large figure rose up before Sami, his fist already poised to connect to the thief's face. Romeo reacts without thinking, her hand wrapping around the neck of another bottle- this one forgotten as it was empty, and hurls it at the man. The bottle shatters when it hits him, spraying tiny shards over the rest of his face and to the floor. He releases a roar, releasing the fist he'd been clenching to instead cradle his bloodied cheek.

"Romeo, move!" Blue urges. As Sami quickly takes the opportunity to dodge around the man and escape to the exit. But another pair of brawling aliens block Romeo's path, leaving her facing the man she'd just attacked. "What a knight in shining armor." Romeo mutters, sobering up now that the ball of adrenaline in her chest had been released.

The man mutters under his breath dropping his hand and looking at the purple hued blood there. He was at least two heads, maybe more taller than her and twice as wide. She rolls onto the balls of her feet, raising her hands defensively. Blue darts in front of her, bobbing up and down worriedly. "Romeo, I wouldn't advise trying to fight him. I-"

He lunges towards her without much warning, normally she would have been able to easily dodge away, but Blue was blocking her vision and Romeo was clumsy thanks to the liquor still singing in her veins. She does manage to twist out of the way, avoiding most of his attack. But he does clip her shoulder, which was enough to shove her back into a sticky bar wall.

Romeo laughs a wheezing sort of sound as some of the air was knocked out of her. She pushes away from the wall and rolls her smarting shoulder. That was going to bruise. The man was already lumbering towards her again, unfazed by her in any way, his glowing eyes were narrowed onto her, unconcerned by any of the other fighting idiots.

Romeo grabs another nearby bottle, this one already broken on one end, making it a better weapon than her fists. She flashes a smile, showing her teeth. Get it over with already. The man snarls swinging for her. Romeo jumps onto a nearby bench and then onto the table before jumping towards the man with the the jagged edge of the bottle aimed for his neck.

The collision with him knocks the air out of her again and she misses his neck, but she's able to dig the bottle into his shoulder. The wound is deep, his purple blood gushes up from the bottle and over her hands. However, this made it easy for him grab onto her and he uses the opportunity to shove her back against the wall. Stars fill her vision. Again the ceiling looked like the heavens raining down.

Romeo gasps, one of his hands, somehow wrapping around her throat and holding her suspended against the wall. She kicks out, landing a solid blow to his mid section, but it isn't enough. If anything his hold tightens. She claws at his hand, but her fingers were slippery from his blood.

Blue rushes out of the bar, a feat much easier for her since she simply flew above all the fighting bodies. It took everything she had to leave Romeo behind in order to retrieve Sami. Even now her processor screamed at her the odds of returning only to find Romeo already dead or horribly wounded. How could she have left her?

"Sami!" The droid squawks. "Romeo, she needs your help!." The droid buzzes in front of the space pirates face, her tiny wings clinking softly. She jabs her beak into his hand when he takes a drink from the bottle, emitting a small electrical shock at the same time. She'd electrocute him to sobriety if she had to. "Get back in there!"

Last edited:
His good mood was interrupted when instead of the pilot her little droid came out through the door after all the droid seemed to stick to the pilot, watching over her like a nanny, so the android without a pilot following right behind could only mean bad news. He was still enjoying his drink when Blue chirped in, the little bird honestly seeming way more worried than he thought an android could, eying it closely as it buzzed around in front of his face. It truly seemed like the two of them could not get lucky, he wanted to take another sip before going back in when he felt a sharp shock and sting coming from Blues peak, shaking his hand in return Sami laughed and nodded. "Got it, got it, no time to waste" the rouge mumbled, lucky that he at least had managed to not drop the bottle as he once more moved back into the bar.

The air inside had only gotten thicker, the more general brawl having broken down into smaller conflicts amongst groups that already had animosity amongst them, be it from work, their species or any other reason, a brawl like this often offered the disguise to go after anyone one disliked. This at least meant that Sami was not immediately targeted as his eyes darted around the room, trying to spot the pilot and whatever trouble she was in.

His head sank for a moment as he spotted her figure held against the wall by her throat, recognizing the attacker as the goliath he had managed to avoid thanks to the distraction, sadly Romeo appeared to not have been so lucky. Her position looked quite bleak, the man pleading but his grip on the pilot's throat unrelenting, the android certainly had not lied about Romeo needing help. While he was not a fan of teamwork he finally began moving through the crowd towards her, sliding through the crowd and the brawls, maneuvering them in the hopes of not causing more problems on his way.

As he arrived behind the man holding her he took a last breath, assessing the situation, the guy holding her positively dwarfed him and seemed very pissed, Romeo was close to being knocked out and was drunk, as was he, so frankly attacking the man and getting involved was a horrible idea, and yet his arm was already moving, swinging the bottle at the mans head.

Time froze for a moment as the thick glass shattered on the side of his head, purple blood spewing from the open wound, yet it seemed to mostly fuel the man's anger, reinforcing the idea in Samis mind that this was a horrible idea. But there was good news for a change, after all, he let go of Romeo to swing wildly at Sami, his other arm apparently quite affected by the stab wound on his shoulder.
The swings were wild, without much control or aim but each of them seemed to more resemble a truck hitting one at full speed than a simple fist. Sami moved with a strange rhythm, his speed constantly shifting as the tipsy scam artist had to asses where the next swing was coming from, but so far he managed to avoid them, even if he nearly stumbled over his own feet, he even managed to get a few counter punches in as the adrenaline kicked in, his movements becoming noticeably sharper, yet each punch seemed useless, the stranger charging at him like a bull, even worse Sami was running out of space to avoid the angry beast.

Sami not only grew frustrated but also worried as he soon found himself moving back towards the wall where Romeo had been pinned, fearing that he may not have the luxury of help, as he barely dodged another bunch he dived for the remnants of the bottle he had used for the initial attack and gripped its broken remnants tightly, cutting himself in the process, but he had to focus, had to wait for his chance.
It came when a wide swing opened him up, his fist missing Sami barely as he ducked, instead of a punch though Sami dove deep, stabbing what was left of the bottle into the man's knee.
He did not listen to the tirade coming from his attackers mouth as he continued the dive only emerging behind the man, eyes darting around for the Pilot as he shouted at her to run, bolting for the door, not wanting to engage in another fight like that, the adrenaline rush carrying him through the crowd, pushing away whoever was in the way.

The "fresh" air of the outside filled his lungs, making him aware of just how much they burned as he only slowed down outside, a good 10 metres away from the door, nervously looking around for Romeo, he had sacrificed his drink for that girl and he did not intend to get back in there, so Sami could only hope shame made it out this time.

Black spots dance in her vision, first only in her peripherals then growing larger. She was going to loose consciousness... then die. Maybe. Romeo grits her teeth, pawing rather uselessly at the beasts hands. Romeo struggles to draw in a breath, her lungs burning, chest aching for oxygen. Then suddenly the pressure on her throat is gone and she's falling to the floor. Romeo gasps, her head spinning. She blinks rapidly, staring up at Sami and the alien as they circle one another. Blood oozes from a new wound on the alien giant's head.

"Romeo! Can you stand?" Blue appears in front of Romeo's face, bobbing up and down. The droid had come to her rescue, yet again.

Romeo nods clenching her jaw. She uses the wall she'd just been pinned against to help push herself up. She wobbles slightly, still a bit light headed. Romeo blinks watching as Sami drives what remains of the glass bottle into the alien's knee. The giant roars, dropping down to his other knee, his hands hovering over the obviously painful would. He was immobilized, for now, but Romeo wasn't counting on that to last for long.

Romeo sucks in a breath, pushing away from the wall. The space pirate wouldn't need to tell her to move twice. A stab of pain shoots through her injured shoulder and she scowls. The giant releases a rumbled growl, weakly reaching for her as she passes. It may be overkill, but she grabs onto either side of his head and brings up her knee, hitting him in the face, hard. This finally seems to stop the man, as his eyes roll back in his head and he sinks the rest of the way to the ground.

"Maybe next time," Romeo breathes, hopping over his prone body and making for the exit.

"That was extremely reckless," Blue chides, following Romeo out the door.

Romeo isn't sure if the droid referred to the entire incident or just to Romeo kneeing the guy in the face. Romeo chuckles, waving away the droid, "you're no fun," she rasps, her throat bruised. She reaches up tentatively touching her neck, knowing it was probably darkening to a lovely shade of maroon. Romeo glances toward Sami catching his breath a few strides away. "Thanks." She nods, before her eyes flicker past him, to a cluster of guards in riot control gear rounding the corner towards them.

"We should take our leave," She arches a brow, moving down the opposite direction of the hallway and towards their waiting ship. She winces when a loud alarm suddenly sounds over head. It echos painfully in her already ringing ears. A red light switches on in the hallway, bathing them in it's bloody hue. Blue flies ahead of them, scouting to make sure they wouldn't run into anymore trouble. "Going into lock down?" She wonders aloud.

Samis eyes darted around the area, the first occupants already leaving hastily into the calmer places of the ship, most of them nursing a small wound of theirs or in some lucky cases just a bruised ego, as much as he enjoyed observing crowds he was only waiting for the pilot, not in the mood for more electroshocks by the android, that and the pilot surviving this little time out was very much in his interest. Luckily he spotted Romes frame almost stumble out of the bar soon enough, letting out a long-held breath.

He could not help but shake his head with a laugh, waving off her gratitude with a grin plastered on his face. "Just remember that for the next time you aim a weapon at me" he quibbed while finally straightening his back and looking towards Romeo and her droid, ready to comment on her rather joyful attitude, only to be cut off by the local police force announcing their presence by streaming into the bar, their riot gear clearly not just for show as the sounds of some rather one-sided fighting began to come from the bar once more, Romes suggestion of getting away from the mess appearing a bit more attractive than continuing to joke around in the open and more importantly in earshot of the guards.

He quickly began to follow her, needing a few steps to catch up to her, keeping his head down, more than eager for the calmness of the ship that had gotten them here, curious if there was any booze in its storage. Yet once more his thoughts sent astray by the bright red light and the sounds of the alarm. "Idelle seems to keep this place on a short leash" he mumbled as his steps accelerated with the ship coming into view soon enough. "Let's just get inside and pretend we hear nothing" he sighed and began to move his hands over the console, the door opening a few seconds later. As the door gave way to the darker interiors of the ship he finally relaxed fully, only to remember that they certainly were not in the clear yet as there were a few questions left to figure out.

He waited a few steps into the colder light of the ship, eyes aimed at the port as if fearing the worst any second now, Sami clearly was more than happy the two had gotten out without being apprehended. The two still had quite a few things to figure out, a way to fix up the ship and get away from this place without making even more enemies being on the top of the list. "I mean at least we did not have to pay for the bottle" he managed to joke as he turned his back tot he port, beginning to walk towards the crew areas of the ship.
"So think this ship has some booze and food to spare, it would be a shame to end the night on a smashed bottle, especially considering we still have some things to figure out" he slowed down as he took out his tablet, his movements clearly slower and more sluggish than before their little adventure. "Oh and just for the record, considering your recent choices, you are much more of a space pirate than me!" he grinned, clearly trying to keep up the good mood the evening and ligh buzz had produced as he seemed to need a few minutes to gather his bearings on his way to the mess of the ship.

Romeo snorts, moving brisking down the hallway. "Don't hold your breath," she retorts. Considering their relationship? Partnership? Whatever it was, so far, it was more likely than not that one of them would be pointing a gun at the other again eventually.

Her shoulders remain tense until they arrive back at their ship and even then she can't help but look over their shoulders, listening to the clomp of the security guards boots. Romeo sighs, letting her eyes flicker over the ship while Sami opened the door. The numb euphoria from the alcohol was wearing off and it left her feeling sore and grumpy. Romeo reaches up rubbing her head. It was her thoughts that alarmed her though, more than any pain she felt there. She'd been teetering on the edge of a place she'd not seen for a while. A place she thought she'd escaped and buried.

"You aren't the same as you were then, Romeo." Blue chirps buzzing close to Romeo's ear then away again.

Romeo frowns, eyeing the drone. "You should connect to the ship, charge up your battery." Romeo clenches her jaw, following Sami inside, glad to disappear into the dim confines of the ship. "Tomorrow's going to be a long day."

"... Very well," Blue drawls, her concern somehow emitting perfectly even with her artificial voice.

She closes the door behind them and ensures that it's locked. She didn't want to take any chances that someone with a grudge to settle from the bar may come looking for them. "Doubtful," She mumbles slipping past him to drop down onto a bunk that folds out from the ship's metal wall. The mattress is thin and lumpy, standard military grade, but it's better than the floor. Romeo folds her arms behind her head, staring up at the ceiling for a long moment, quiet. She didn't steal this ship- wasn't here now, out of her own self interest. She was here for her people. To try and find them a future. Romeo gnaws on the inside of her cheek. Maybe this mission, this entire fantasy of hers would be be for nothing. All she'd done thus far is end up a wanted criminal and stranded with an actual pirate. What if that was all she accomplished? What if Blue was wrong and she was still the same?

Romeo rolls onto her side, she'd been half listening to Sami, rummaging around, looking for more alcohol or food. She wants to chide him about using up unnecessary rations, but she doesn't have the energy. Instead she watches him now, tapping away on his port screen, curious as to what he'd actually be able to find in the ship.

Sami continued his search, almost asking the droid to at least help him only to remember the exchange between the pilot and her android, having thought nothing of it at first, it certainly seemed to hint at something interesting in the past of the pilot, maybe she had not always been the model citizen had lead him to believe. It certainly was something to keep in mind and a place where he could dig deeper, though right now most likely was not the time for it, for one he was buzzed and very much not in the mood for more games after the events of the evening and secondly, the two of them would either be stuck here or on the ship itself for quite a bit of time, more than enough time to dig deeper with less of a chance of it turning into a brawl like it had today.

He interrupted his search through some of the supplies as he realised that a drunken aid on their limited supplies was most likely not the best strategy, leading tot he hunched over man emitting an audible sigh as he put back the few non-powder rations to where he had found them and instead focusing on setting up the second emergency bunk. The ship most likely had some better crew quarters but even the thin mattress of the bridge bunk was rather enticing as he sat down heavily, rotating his shoulders as his eyes wandered over towards the pirate and then towards the view provided outside of the window. The behemoths spaceport still as busy as ever, the mining operations never truly stopping as even now ships were constantly landing and taking off, the bars, restaurants and more still busy with those whose shifts had ended or were just about to start, well it may have been 1 bar less than usual.
"We definitely need to stock up on supplies" he mumbled as he laid down after getting rid of his boots, eyes half-closed as it almost sounded as if he was talking to himself. " We got a bit of a trip ahead of us and considering your friends at the space stations we might not always meet friendly people as we did here" his voice was dry, a small smirk on his face, even if it was true that their arrival here had gone relatively smoothly with guns only being aimed at them and not fired. "We may want to do our best to avoid the bigger ports and stations, especially since I doubt we will be able to pay the repairs and so on and they most likely won't be happy to find out about that either." for a moment the drunken buzz let off and his voice was heavy,his speech slow as he seemed to mull every word.

He turned to face the wall, there were many questions left unanswered from their talk at the bar but there was a time and a place for everything and right now it hardly seemed to be the right time for digging deeper into each other, he knew enough to not expect to be in chains or otherwise betrayed by Romeo and that was enough for now at least. His eyes soon fell closed as he ignored the flickering lights from the outside throwing their shadows onto the interior of their vessel, the man had grown up on and around a shipyard, what many found stressful was a small reminder of his childhood to him. Yet he could not help himself, throwing one more comment at the pilot. "How does it feel to be an outlaw now? Seems I am not the only space pirate onboard anymore" a small smile played around his lips at the comment though mere seconds later the only sounds coming from his bunk where those of a drunk man, deep in his dreams, unaware of the hangover he would suffer once he awoke.

Romeo presses her lips together, unwilling and perhaps more vexing unable to answer his question. She was an outlaw now, regardless of her intentions for breaking the laws she'd broken to get here. How similar were the two of them in all actuality? Romeo closes her eyes, her thoughts drifting back to the space port and the hoard of military personnel that had shown up to stop them. What was she missing? Would Polo's government really go through all that trouble for a stolen space cruiser? She hadn't counted on it, obviously, and Blue had agreed, that's why they'd chosen this particular ship. Would they show up again? Blue had ensured the ship wouldn't be tracked, but still. Uneasiness wells in Romeo's belly. Nothing had gone according to plan thus far.

Romeo sighs rolling over, her thoughts spinning, making it impossible for her to fall asleep. Insomnia was nothing new to her, but she'd hoped the alcohol would help lull her to sleep even if it was a fitful one. She could hear the engineer's deep breathing somewhere behind her, having had no trouble falling asleep. She grits her teeth when he begins snoring, softly at first but then loader. If she couldn't sleep then she'd begin the ship's minor repairs.

Her footfalls are quiet as she slips off the cot. She swipes his forgotten port screen and moves to the cockpit of the ship. Blue hovers there, attached to the ship's control console. A soft blue light emits from her chest, she was charging as Romeo had instructed her to do. The droid doesn't react as Romeo lays down and shimmies beneath the console with a bag of tools and the port. It's pale light illuminates her face and the immediate space surrounding her as she attaches it to the ship. There were a few- well more than a few wires that had been fried. They wouldn't need brand new replacements, only some tweaking and soldering which she could handle. The bigger repairs would have to wait until tomorrow and until they procured some finances.

Romeo hums gentle while she works, soft enough as not to wake anyone, but enough to keep her mind from wondering too far. They wouldn't be able to steal the money needed for the repairs, not at a port this small, that sort of thing would be highly regulated. She imagined most debts accrued here were worked off. Perhaps they could make a deal then, labor on their part in return for aid in repairing the ship. Romeo winces burning the tips of her index fingers while soldering two wires. She bites the inside of her cheek, adjusting the wires slightly before pulling up the port again to see if the short resolved itself. The only problem with that plan, is it would take time, too much time. Unless they did something worth a lot, which would mean no doubt danger.

His sleep was deep, the adrenaline from earlier now gone from his body as it was busy dealing with the alcohol the two of them had shared. The outlaw for once looked unassuming, harmless and at peace, blanket tightly wrapped around him and a mall smile on his lips, he would not say it out aloud but nights like this added to the kind of life he had gotten used to since leaving the shipyard and furthermore it seemed the pilot would at least be decent to work with, able to fly a ship, not too curious and able to hold a drink, now he only had to hope she would not dig too deep into what he had gotten from Polos or aim a gun at him and try to strand him somewhere. Though these things, for now, were worries that were at least a full night of sleep away for now.

It was only after a few hours that Samis peacefull, and in his opinion, well-earned sleep was interrupted. His throat left dry from the alcohol and his mind had begun to wander away from the rather good evening to more worrisome thoughts. A soft groan escaped his dry throat as he sat up in his bed, eyes blinking as they were not greeted by the darkness he had expected but by some light coming from the ship's console, while he knew that the resting places on the bridge were not usually calm he had to admit that he was surprised to see the outline of Romeo, or rather her lower half being barely illuminated by the pale blue light. He cranked his neck as his eyes moved around in the search of his usual portable screen, briefly wondering if he had more drink then he remembered, after a few quiet seconds of contemplation though he settled on the more likely choice of the pilot having taken it to use for her repair job. Sami bit his lip as he cussed internally for not looking out more for his few belongings, a lection that one usually learns quickly, though in this case, he was lucky enough that the pilot seemed to only use it for repairs instead of digging into his belongings, still even so it was a mistake he would not repeat.

He silently placed his feed on the ground, taking a few deep breaths as he stood him, feeling a sting in the back of his head as if to remind him that usually, he would sleep longer after a night of drinking, though it was not like they had the luxury of that available anyways as they would have to somehow get money for the repairs. His mind followed his old habit of wanting to check the time only to remember that his port was currently used by someone else and so he finally moved, the lack of sleep clearly showing in his rather unrhythmical movements, though he at least managed to move silently towards the console, soon standing over Romeo and as he opened his mouth to say something he stopped himself, not wanting to make a big deal out of the "borrowing" of his port, after all the girl may get a bit too curious then.
Instead, he taps his foot against her, his voice croggy, as he spoke, his tone casual as if to avoid the fact that they were not exactly stuck on the ship together by choice. "I am sure you are doing a good job down there but you know that your little droid and me could probably do that better, may be hard to believe me but I do know how to deal with a ship and its problems.." he rested his weight on the console, his eyes wandering the otherwise empty bridge, imagining it filled with a proper crew, the girl certainly had trusted her abilities going for a ship like this without even a co-pilot. "So how about this, I get some of our suppliers so we can have a breakfast and talk about what we can actually do to raise the money for the repairs, I would rather not face our friends from security without an idea what we will say again you know..." he did not wait for an answer, instead leaving to get at least something for breakfast, even if it was just some bread, butter and tea from the supply room.
It did take him a bit longer than he had expected to find what he needed, the ship not one he knew and the young engineer not completely awake yet, but he finally did manage to make his way back to the bridge. "Not exactly luxurious but it will do" he mumbled more to himself as he tried to find a place to set everything down. "How much did you get fixed while I was out by the way?"

Romeo looses track of time while she works and soon her thoughts drift away becoming nothing more than white noise in the back of her mind. The first couple of shorted wires were easy enough to fix, and she completes them with only minor cuts and burns on her part. This next one though is a headache- literally. Her head pounds, probably thanks to the alien alcohol they'd consumed more than anything else.

She sighs relaxing back and dropping her tired arms to her sides, immediately she feels the blood flow returning to them. It was still in the very early morning when her eyes drift close and her body finally forces some sleep out of her. But it feels only moments later when something or rather someone is nudges her sharply awake.

Romeo starts, having forgotten where she is and smacks her head against the console still above her. She swears once in another language, wincing at the new pain now added to her growing list. Her head still throbbed if dully and her body ached from being tossed around the night before. Romeo groans softly as she shuffles out from beneath the console to glare up at the pirate. She was not a morning person. Even after nights when she does sleep. "I'm more than capable," she means to growl, but an unexpected yawn ruins the effect.

She reaches up rubbing her blood shot eyes which feel dry and strained. Her hair is also a mess, half in, half out of the messy pony tail she'd pulled it into before beginning her work. A grease stain mars one of her cheeks which she only makes worse when rubbing her face.

Romeo presses her lips into a thin line as he leaves, not giving her a chance at another grumpy response. She closes her eyes again briefly and gently touches the tender and bruised skin at her neck. Lovely. She pushes herself to her feet, her various joints popping all the while. "Blue, what time is it in Polos?" She asks, cracking her knuckles one at a time. When the droid doesn't immediately respond, Romeo frowns glancing to where she'd been charging. Gone. "Blue?" She calls louder while dropping down into the pilot seat. Still no response. "Hmm," Romeo frowns. The droid must have gone to survey the outpost, hopefully she'd come back with a lead as to how they could pay for the ship's repairs.

When Sami returns, Romeo accepts his breakfast offerings. "Thanks," she mumbles, taking a drink of the bitter tea. It helps to chase away some of her grogginess and makes their simple meal taste all the better. "Not enough," Romeo replies to his question, swiping away a few bread crumbs that had fallen into her lap. "I came across more problems than solutions." She sighs, drumming her fingers on the arm of her chair. "I think our best and perhaps only bet is to find work on the outpost to pay for the bigger repairs and parts..."

"You are in fact right, Romeo." Blue buzzes into the bridge, somehow looking more chipper than either of them despite her being a droid. "I was able to explore the entire mining operation while you both slept- even the restricted sections, which were far more lack luster than you'd expect." The droid bobs up and down, her sensor rotating between the two of them. "There is a job... a mission of sorts. It's important to them, but dangerous, they don't want to risk their own people and well none of their people want to risk themselves. So that makes it the perfect job for one of you!" Blue perches herself on Romeo's chair. "I already spoke with their leader... they are willing, but only one of of you is allowed to go and should they fail... well the other must join their workers and I'm to be relinquished to them..." Blue trails off, not having to say that they stood to loose more in this deal than gain anything.

Romeo releases a breath and reaches up to massage her temples. The mission would be difficult, if not impossible considering their terms. Whatever it was, would they even be able to decide who would stay and who would go? She knew she didn't sit well with the idea of trusting her and Blue's life in the pirates hands. He probably felt much the same. "What is this mission exactly?" She asks.

"Before we arrived there was a pod sent out with a worker and droid programmed to maintenance a gunner system, meant to destroy any asteroids that would otherwise come into contact with their outpost. They made it there, but have yet to return and the gunner isn't functioning. Stray asteroids have already caused damage to some of their living quarters. Their livelihood is much more precarious than they'd lead us to believe."

"So they want one of us to go and fix the gun and bring back their pod?" Romeo frowns. "That doesn't sound that difficult?"

Blue bobs up and down, "I would agree. I believe they simply don't want to risk anymore of their own resources and they know we are desperate. So why not risk us instead?"

The bitter tea certainly did not pass for a 5-star breakfast but he had worse, especially during times when he was on the run. Though he could not help but muse at the poor quality of rations on one of Polos's most capable small vessels, the food did its job but it did not scream prestige ship. Yet the taste at least did help him wake up, his fingers rubbing across his eyes as he listened, briefly wondering how bad the night showed on his face before deciding that that did not matter for now, though the grim news about the ships issues Romeo mentioned certainly did matter. " Well, I guess considering those lovely people we met during our visit to the space station we should be happy to even have made it this far" he let out a small cough as if to clear his throat before he raised his voice from a mere mumbling to a conversational volume. " I really do hate to agree on that point but after the riot yesterday honest work does seem like the idea that's most likely to get us away from here without serious injuries. Though I also got to ask if you know anyone that would hire to people that stranded here and, forgive the harsh words, don't exactly seem like the most trustworthy folks around."

Before he really could drive that point home though, Blue arrived on the bridge, seeming rather excited, well as excited as an android could be. Blue may have been a killjoy yesterday, today though it seemed like the little android was the only one in a good mood. Sami opened his mouth to question the situation, only to fall silent as Blue began to report the good news, clearly not interested in delaying that. Sami even chuckled a bit at the comment about the restricted sections, wondering if the android had more humour than he had been lead to believe so far. Soon enough as Blue found her place on Romeos chair Sami had a clear smile on his face, those were good news for once. Sure there were quite a few questions unanswered but compared to what had happened to them so far, it clearly counted as good news.

As the initial joy about the possible job settled down the smile sadly vanished though. Sami slowly moved to one of the chairs, sitting down slowly, resting his head in his hands as he thought about the offer given to them, he could very much imagine the grin on the face of whoever came up with it, somehow easily able to imagine Idelle having come up with it. "So just so I get this right, one of us is sent on that little errant and the other more or less signs a contract for life in case it doesn't work out?" This job may be their one chance to get their ship fixed, but that did not mean that he would break out into a dance of joy. The idea of trusting his life to the android and the pilot was not something he enjoyed. One of the perks of his lifestyle had always been the ability to rely on himself and his own abilities, this time he may not be able to do that and that possibility made him deeply uncomfortable.

"So they already lost 1 worker on that job and instead of sending more people they just send more expendable people?" it was a rhetorical question, mean to allow time for his own thoughts to form. He prefered to go though frankly, he felt that something must have been left out when describing the job to Blue and it was not an easy call to make on who of them would go, undoubtedly the pilot was thinking about the same issue. He looked across towards her and the droid, his eyes now not sleepy but awake as if trying to spot a detail that could make it easier for him to decide. "Think you and the tin can could handle that pod?" he asked calmly, slowly warming up to the idea of the two of them going. After all, it was not like they could make a run for it, considering their ship was busted, and even more importantly, he did not trust the job description at all. Being stuck in forced labour was a problem he felt he would eventually be able to solve, while the problem of a malfunctioning turret and one worker that already had vanished on that job seemed like a much more urgent threat to his life. His stomach was turning at the idea of relying on the two of them to solve the problem but it did seem like the better option, especially since the droid could most certainly come in useful on that job.

Romeo runs a thumb over her bottom lip, before biting the nail between her teeth pensively. Her blue gaze flickers to the pirate now sitting across from her, offering to stay behind, stake the rest of his life on this mission. Well, that part she doubts, even knowing the little of him that she did, Romeo had no doubts he'd be able to escape eventually. She disliked the idea of leaving Blue behind however, the two of them hadn't been separated for years now. But, what other choice did they have?

"Couldn't be worse than flying through a solar storm." She flashes a devious smile, hiding that fact that her stomach was a twisted knot of nerves.

***​
Idelle stood before them, back straight and looking far more imposing and regal than she should in her charcoal gray jumpsuit. Romeo eyes the woman and the two guards always hovering in the shadows behind her. Romeo wore a similar jumpsuit, only older and too big. The sleeves were rolled up three times before falling at her wrists and the bottoms were much the same. Bits of space dust were ingrained in the stiff fabric. Romeo figured Idelle's was probably made out of satin and she knew her's didn't smell like rotten milk. The blue woman was looking over the shoulder of one of her engineers, who was tapping away on an old busted screen. Their deal had been struck, now a small group of them gathered in a small landing bay, preparing for Romeo to travel to the unresponsive pod and damaged gunner.

Another pod was being prepped for her, this one would be completely remote operated, at the engineer's insistence. Claiming that he didn't trust Romeo not to crash into one of their working pods or try and take off with it. Apparently he thought she was a complete idiot. She refrains from rolling her eyes and shimmies into a space suit- which thankfully fit as it should. Romeo glances back at her companions while the engineer's assistant looks over the suit, checking it's seals and then finally fitting a helmet over her head. It was bulky and dented in one corner, old tech to be sure. Romeo had read about space suits made of nano tech that could form onto any body type and take much more damage and wear than these old things could. She could only dream of ever being able to wear one.

"Your first priority is repairing the damaged gunner. Then you should retrieve the pod," Idelle addresses them, waving away the engineer. "I need not remind you how important this is... not only for us but for your two comrades. She levels her icy gaze briefly on the pirate and Blue hovering near his left shoulder. Romeo clenches her jaw then releases it, nodding her head once.

"I understand." Romeo accepts a bag with the tools necessary for fixing the gunner. She clips it onto her belt, pulling it tight so it would float away while she worked.

"You'll have sixty minutes worth of oxygen. No more no less, at fifty minutes I will signal the pods return- whether you're on it or not." Idelle places her hand upon an offered screen, granting clearance for the door to open and Romeo to board her pod.

"Romeo, be careful!" Blue chirps worriedly fluttering forward then back again. She even perches herself on the pirates shoulder, which brings a half smile to Romeo's lips.

Romeo wasn't much for goodbyes but she nods and levels one last look on the pirate, which she hoped translated her intent- look after Blue and don't be an idiot. Romeo turns away before either of them could say anything else and moves to duck into the small shaft that would lead to the pod. Before she could slip through though, Idelle reaches out stopping her. The woman steps close and Romeo initially wants to shrink away but Idelle pulls her closer and angles herself to block the other's view.

"Take this," She instructs quietly while offering Romeo a small energy pistol. The metal gleamed a dark silver under the yellow overhead lights.

Romeo frowns, taking the offered gun reluctantly. "Why?" She questions.

Idelle sighs. "The other worker who'd been sent before. He's still alive, but suffers from space delirium. You will need this to retrieve the pod." She releases Romeo's arm and steps back, her lips pressed into a thin line. She waves her hand and the door begins to close behind Romeo cutting her and any objections promptly off.

Romeo stumbles inside, her brow drawn together. This wasn't apart of the deal. She peers down at the gun, sitting perfectly in her palm. There was no cure for space delirium. It was one of the first things taught to children- the dangers of being alone in space. You went mad simply. Romeo shudders, slipping the gun into her satchel among her other tools. She'd do what she had to. Maybe he was now dead, they'd said he hadn't taken any rations. He'd no doubt starved to death or killed himself in the delirium.

Hopefully.

A dry laugh escaped Samis throat at Romeo's comment in regards to the job. A smile remained on his lips as he shrugged. " Just try to return your vessel in a better state from that trip " he commented teasingly, guessing that some sense of humour would at least help with the situation as his eyes wandered around the ship one last time. The whole job description screamed missing details but really there was no alternative tot aking this job and the pilot had proven herself more than capable, so all he could do now was to trust her. With that, it was time to leave and face Idelle

--------------------------------

Sami was relegated to being a bystander, for now, standing a few paces behind Romeo, the young man clearly not used to such a role as his eyes kept darting around the room, taking in as many details as he could, even if he knew that he could do nothing now, eventually his eyes settled on the scene playing out in front of him, ignoring the engineers in the background, only noticing how he felt almost certain that he would be able to do a better job. Though that thought may be rooted in the distrust towards the staff of Idelle. Even the comparison between the jumpsuit given to Romeo and the one worn by Idelle made it very clear how much the station was willing to invest into the mission, the pod hopefully being of higher quality, or at least cleaner than the jumpsuit, a brief grimace flashing across his face as the distance did not stop the smell coming off it.

As the time of Romeo's take-off began to inch closer Sami was able to look at the spacesuit and the pod being readied, though he kept his distance to both, feeling the eyes of the armed guards on him whenever he even moved a finger, he had to fight the urge to step up tot he pod, wishing to at least contribute something to this suicide mission, though his mind won the fight against his instincts as he remained rooted in place, instead shaking his head with a defeated smile as he spotted the spacesuit. It certainly was not a current model, even one that would have only been found on a trash heap in the days of Samis youth. Though the seals seemed proper and unlike the jumpsuit it seemed like someone took care of it, even if care could not prevent tech like that from showing its age. As the helmet finally lowers, he manages a genuine smile, glad that the suit at least seemed like it would hold up to outer space, meaning Romeo at least had a chance to get them off this station, even if it was a small chance.

Idelle's cold gaze is enough to make Sami drop his current train of thought and actually straighten up as he met the woman's gaze, almost feeling the blood in his veins freeze up as her voice fills the room. As much as Sami knew that he would never get along with Idelle he found himself admitting that she certainly knew how to take charge, everyone in the room deadly quiet as she spoke. Sami knew people like that and he knew himself even better which was enough for him to know that he needed Romeo to succeed, escaping from this place after a failure at this job would be a tall order, one he could not be certain of surviving and remaining here on this station would only lead to further confrontations with Idelle, Sami not sure how many more he would end up walking out of on his own.

The terms of the mission once more make Sami clench his teeth, noting how the allotted time was anything but generous, a job in outer space offered sheer endless room for mistakes and delays to happen, even under the best conditions, and by this time there was a small hint of guilt in the back of his mind, making him wonder if he wouldn't have been the better fit for the task, though now it was too late to entertain and he could only rely on the pilot once more, telling himself how she certainly had been full of surprises so far. Though a smile replaces the serious expression on his face as the android perches herself on his shoulder after wishing the pilot good luck. Sami could only imagine that the moniker of space pirate would seem even more fitting now. He eyes the android from the corner of his eyes for a moment, contemplating brushing her off before he decided against it, mouthing good luck towards Romeo instead, not wanting to step forward like the android had done, feeling like the guards would be less lenient than with Blue.

Sami kept a smile as the pilot looked at him and the android one last time before she made her way to the pod, almost able to imagine Rome with a stern look telling him to not bring blue to the scrap yard or something along those lines. Though he finally turned away from the scene trying to find a window that would allow them to see some of the flight at least, clearly not being a man that was used to goodbyes or relying on others in such situations. He turned his head for a brief moment as one of the engineers began to type away at one of the screens, most likely getting the pod ready for launch, a timer shown running down a few moments later. Sami sighed a bit as he looked away from the engineer towards Blue " I better not hear any complaints about my shoulder being uncomfortable" he mentioned dryly as the countdown ran out, the pod zipping by the window seemingly moments later as if to remind the two of them that their fates now lay within Romeo's hands as they had to spend this hour surrounded by Idelle and her goons, neither of them striking Sami as being up for a friendly chat.

Romeo grits her teeth as the pod propels itself away from the main ship, flying unsteadily at first, towards her ominous destination. The flight path wasn't a straight line to the gunner as Idelle had forewarned her. The pod would first maneuver around a portion of the main ship before entering the unsafe airspace as they'd called it where the gunner would be. Blue had been agitated to learn she'd be unable to oversee Romeo's mission beyond her taking off and landing at the designated port. But the engineer had assured her the tracking beacon and the small camera they'd installed on top of the pod would allow sufficient viewing- for him at least.

Romeo's hands ache to take hold of the controls, to adjust the thrusters energy output to steady her flight. But she knew even if she attempted to do so the pod wouldn't respond to her commands, only those from the Idelle's engineer. Romeo draws in a breath, trying to quell her anxiety, it wasn't the mission that was making her nervous so much as her lack of control in it.

And what of the other worker? Once she'd repaired the gunner then she'd have to deal with him. Romeo closes her eyes briefly, one problem at a time. For all she knew she'd be unable to fix the gunner and they'd abandon her out here. Romeo leans forward, peering through the slightly cloudy window to the darkness beyond. Light's from the mining operation attempt to pierce through the ever present darkness of space but did very little beyond a few yards. Other pods whiz to and from the main ship, carrying their day's work or just beginning it. The people here had been less than friendly to Romeo but she respected what they did- dedicating their lives to producing energy for the galaxy. She would be so utterly bored.

When the pod suddenly slows, Romeo braces one of her hands against the window stopping herself from smacking into it. She had her doubts about her engineer, but she knew he'd be competent enough to fly something as novel as this pod. Romeo opens her satchel checking again that she had all the supplies she would need to hopefully repair the gunner. The silver of the gun winks up at her, catching one of the tiny red lights from the console. Romeo swallows zipping the bag shut again.

Romeo shifts her attention back to the window, her gaze flickering over the portion of the main ship unseen until now. The damage resulting from the malfunctioning gunner becomes apparent. Large and small dents mar the metal surface of the ship. Bit's of debris litter the atmosphere, some rock some metal and other objects that were broken loose from the ship. As she drifts past other pods- these ones smaller and also remote operated, work to remove chunks of asteroid that blocked a landing strip for workers. Romeo can understand their mounting concern over the asteroids.

When the pod turns finally flying away from the main ship, she can see the gunner mounted on an extended appendage of sorts jutting away from the ship. It sits there dormant, while flashes from a neighboring gun draws her eye as it fires a laser, disintegrating an asteroid that traveled too close. Their range wasn't great, but they seemed to be precise. Romeo clenches her jaw when the other pod comes into view, floating on the other side of the gunner, certainly powered down or in some kind of stasis. It was tethered to the same appendage holding the gun which had kept it from floating into space, but it too had received damage from stray asteroids. She wasn't sure if it would be functional or sealed properly at this point.

Romeo starts when a loud bang echoes inside the pod, an asteroid already hitting it's mark. She frowns staring out at the sea of them, dancing menacingly around the perimeter of the ship. It reminds her of certain planet's that had rings of them surrounding their entirety. Beautiful in a way, but so very deadly to try and fly through. How they managed to make it to the mining ship was now beyond her. Romeo checks her helmet again as she moves to the center of the pod where she'd be able to exit out it's top. She first attaches a life line to herself, tied at her waist and then hooks the other end to the pod just beside the escape hatch. Romeo gives it a sturdy tug before opening the hatch and ascending.

Sami now was fully degraded to being a spectator during this rather important job, it certainly was a position he was not used to and frankly, so far it was one he did not enjoy, constantly wondering if there was something he could do if he could have helped prepare the pilot or even if it would have been better to be in the pod instead of standing here. His eyes travelled around nervously as the usually so chatty conman remained quiet for once, after all, none of the people in the room seemed particularly interested in a little chat, the eyes of the engineers in charge glued tot heir screens and while Sami had hoped for some insight, even that little glimmer of hope for something to do had been quickly shut down by an angry look coming from one fo the guards, in combination with a gesture towards the rifle the man was holding. He could not help but grow increasingly restless, his weight shifting around constantly, for the first time even considering a conversation with the tin can on his shoulder, though considering the people within listening distance he refrained from that, only stepping closer towards the window, eyes gazing out towards the asteroids, amazed at how small a gigantic ship like this miner could feel when just a few people were in the position to apply the right pressure to one.

His attention was only drawn away from the window when there was some shouting coming from the background, the doors had opened to reveal yet more guards, a sight Sami could do without by now, though the interesting part of this group was the mountainous being they had chained up, almost dragging him along. His memory of the night may have been hazy but he certainly remembered that goliath, a satisfied smirk appearing around his lips as he noticed the bandages made necessary by the two of them and especially the limp, though the smirk was quickly suppressed, knowing that it most likely was a bit idea to give Idelle, even more, to pin on the two of them, though that may happen anyways, Sami turning to face the window, praying hed not be recognised as the man was dragged before Idelle, a member of the group of security forces saluting before the icy woman, luckily the man was the embodiment of a soldier, his voice loud enough to be heard comfortably from the window.

"One of the chief contributors to the fight, we caught him when he tried to pay or rather force a vet to patch him up, the asshole caused another few thousand credits of damage when he tried to resist arrest..." the man did not get to continue his report as Idelle interrupted him, the window's reflection showing a very pure, scary rage burning in her eyes for the briefest of moments as she seemed to open up a file on a tablet, most likely the man's rap sheet. " I want him off the ship, next transport possible, chained up, shock collar, the whole ordeal, mark him for Prison station Lupus, they always appreciate a hard worker and can handle him, confiscate his belongings, they will be sold as a start to pay for the damage he caused, wages and accounts from the company are to be frozen and then used for that as well, the rest of the bill will be sent to his relatives, and don't forget to bill the transportation too" her voice was ice cold, making Sami shiver almost, though he could only imagine the length of that rap sheet, after all sending a person that could work of a ship like this was a rare enough occurrence.
The guard simply saluted her and Sami began to relax, having seemingly avoided the worst, only for him to regret that thought as the mountain of a man seemed to begin to struggle, taking shaky steps towards his window and shouting something in a language Sami was unaware off, though he guessed that this was a unique chance to learn new curse words. Luckily the guards took no chances though, jamming electric shock rods into the man, earning themselves screams that sounded more like they were cooking him alive than merely stopping him, though it did bring him down to his good knew, still screaming profanities and presumably promising revenge towards Sami as he was dragged off.

Instead of that goliath reaching him, soft steps echoed through the room as Idelle came to stand behind him, her icy glare digging into Samis skull as she spoke calmly, only the slightest hint of anger in her voice "Oh is there something you need can tell me about the riot at a bar in the port... I am sure you and your friend have noticed it, your ship is not docked far from it. He went over several scenarios in his head, ranging from straight-up lies to faking ignorance, though as he had to think quickly he decided to go for a slightly prettier version of the truth, turning to face the head of security, meeting her icy gaze with a calm look on his face, able to at least fake calmness as he spoke. "Of course, I am always more than glad to aid a proper investigation into such chaos" he sounded calm, hands crossed behind his back as he looked towards the door before facing Idelle once more " We went for a drink yesterday, we wanted to drink to the fact that we had survived despite the damage to our ship and it was a good time though the atmosphere in the bar was a tad heated from the beginning..... After a good couple of drinks we were a tad drunk," he decided to be blunt in that regard, wanting to at least sound as factual as he could " and well fights began to break out, little arguments boiled over and soon enough it was chaos, we did the right thing and bailed, the only problem being that that mountain of a man had for some reason decided to pick us as a suitable outlet of aggression, probably did not like the fact that he had to share his bars with strangers or something asinine as that....... our ship almost lost its pilot but with some teamwork we were able to stop his rampage at the bar" as he remembered some of the man's injuries he sighed " The head and knee is on us, though we ran off after that, fearing that it would not slow him down for long and the chaos he caused at his arrest seems to prove that much..."

He braced himself for repercussions, hoping for simple ones, though to his surprise the woman merely regarded him with a cold expression, seemingly running numbers in her head before she spoke, her voice calm, even conversational and yet it carried a clear threat "I am glad to see that you two stepped in as law-abiding citizen to stop such a man but yet I have to say I feel like you attract trouble so here is where I stand on this.... If your friend returns, you get paid and are off my ship as soon as your banged-up vessel can fly, stay a moment longer and both of you will be sent on your trip in pods like the one your friend is in right now, just with less air and less fuel.... if she does not return however then I am afraid you are on the hook, an extra bill from the bar fight, the cost of the equipment she lost and whatever I feel like you cost me in nerves, your droid and ship will be salvaged and you will work in the deepest hole here where you cant cause trouble until I have decided we are even..." she did not wait for a reply, merely stepping away to talk to the engineers about the state of the mission, leaving Sami to turn towards the window once more, his face noticeably whiter as he doubted hed be able to work that debt off in a lifetime.

Romeo draws in a breath floating gently up and away from the hatch of her pod. Space embraces her completely and for a moment she can't help but be a little awe struck. The asteroids continue their deadly dance before her, swarming past one another and sometimes smashing the smaller rocks into tiny little pieces. Those pieces gleam in the lights shinning from the mining ship. The ice crystal's twinkling prettily in the inky darkness as if they too were stars.

Concentrate. She blinks, drawing in a breath. She couldn't screw this up and she didn't trust leaving the engineer and Blue to their own devices for too long. Well, Blue would be okay and the engineer... admittedly he'd probably be fine too. She imagines if he wanted he could talk himself out of a black hole. It was simultaneously something she admired and distrusted.

Romeo presses her lips together and kicks off the edge of the pod, propelling herself onto the appendage that held the gunner. It's metal frame is solid beneath her, although years of space ware was evident in the many nicks and grooves in the metal. Thick power cords run along it's bottom, the source of the guns power. Hopefully there wouldn't be anything wrong with them.

She uses the metal appendage to climb towards the gun. There were miniature jets attached to the back of her suit which she could use to essentially fly, but she'd prefer to save them. Small bits of asteroid float past her, too small to do any damage. She's constantly glancing around her though, making sure a bigger one wasn't about to smash into her. Romeo loved space walks, but the idea of floating through space without a tether terrified her.

Romeo passes the other pod first and apprehension bites at her. The gun first. She clenches her jaw, pulling herself easily up alongside the mounted gun. It was nearly as big as she was. Besides the metal around it's barrel being stained dark from the laser it fired, there didn't appear to be anything outwardly wrong with it. So that left possible wiring or something as simple as a build up of space dust that needed to be scraped away.

Romeo removes the metal plate that protects the inner workings of the gun and shoves it into her bag so it wouldn't float away while she worked. She also grabs a small pen light and shines it inside. First she'd check the dust build up since that would be the easiest thing to fix. Wiring would take more trial and error. Romeo frowns however, her eyes flickering over the gun's mechanics. Considering where it was and it's job... it was pristine. Already cleaned. The bright colors of new wires gleam back at her. There was even a new mirror for the laser.

It had already been fixed.

Her brow draws together as she stares at the gun, her thoughts spinning. "Power source" she mumbles to herself and climbs down to the base of the gun where it attaches to the appendage. She peers over the edge, working upside down. Multiple cords were weaved together with three main attachments at their ends. Each a slightly different color that corresponded to a inlet on the gun. It was remarkably straight forward but they were all floating loose. If the engineer they'd sent was able to replace everything within the gun with such precision, why hadn't he been able to do this? Romeo grabs the wires and reattaches them. It's unlikely they'd come undone themselves. She tugs on them experimentally and they hold firm. So he'd purposely left them unconnected?

Romeo pushes away the unease building in her chest. Something was off. She right's herself and replaces the metal plate on the gun. Whatever the reason it doesn't matter, it made her job easier and meant she could leave sooner. Romeo presses the comm button on the side of her helmet. "Try rebooting it." When there's only static she frowns going to press the button again but pauses seeing a set of lights illuminate on the back of the gun. Slowly it raises it's barrel rotating as it's targeting system scanned the asteroid field. It was working.

Romeo releases a breath, her unease dampening any feelings of success. She grabs hold of her tether and uses it to pull herself back towards the pod. She didn't want to see what would happen if the gun fired with her being so close.

"Forty minutes of oxygen remaining." The voice echos inside Romeo's helmet. An automatic timer set for her. As long as she remained calm and moved diligently that would be more than enough time.

Romeo pauses outside the other pod. It was the same design as the one she'd been given. Slightly more banged up, but the same. If it wasn't functional she could tow it with her pod. She hesitates wondering if she should just do that regardless and make Idelle clean up her own mess. Romeo swallows. No, she'd have to use the cord that served as her tether and she wasn't sure it would be durable enough. She knew there wasn't anything else that could be used in her pod. In this pod maybe...

She gathers up her tether, making sure she'd have enough to move freely then jumps soaring through the space between the arm and the pod a brief moment. Romeo was aiming for the top of the pod where the hatch is. She nearly drifts past , over estimating the jump. Her heart thrums as she snatches onto a metal hand bar beside the hatch pulling herself back. A keypad sits between the hatch and the bar, the only way to open it from the outside.

Should she try and warn the guy inside she was going to open it? If he wasn't strapped in he'd come flying out. She didn't even know if he was alive though and Idelle clearly thought he was hostile. If she opened it and he flew out then she wouldn't need to use the gun. Romeo closes her eyes, her quick breathing fogging up the inside of her helmet. Just do it. Romeo opens her eyes and bangs on the hatch, hopefully that would be enough warning. She bites the inside of her cheek, entering the code Idelle had given her before leaving.

It takes a moment before the hatch pops open, the air inside hissing out. Lights from the dash flicker up at her and an artificial voice declares the hatch was open. Romeo removes her tether attaching it to the bar before lowering herself inside. She wouldn't be able to close the hatch with it still attached. Her eyes flicker around the pod's interior, searching. Romeo draws in a breath, seeing his form sitting in the pilot's seat, strapped in. His arms raised up beside him, free from artificial gravity. Romeo swivels around quickly pulling the hatch shut.

"Decompressing." The ship drones as a whoosh of air fills the small space.

Romeo leaves her helmet on and drops down her boots landing with a muted thud. She sways slightly, her body feeling strange and heavy. Her eyes stay locked on the other man however, his arms fallen back to his sides and still unmoving. She edges closer, almost fairly certain he was dead or at least unconscious. He wore one of the standard jumpers but no helmet or space suit. Romeo pauses when she's beside him then slowly positions herself so she could look at his face and search for a pulse.

He was blue, the same species as Idelle. His was lined with age however and scared. Romeo frowns seeing what appears to be scratch marks over both his arms and... the dash. His fingertips were bloody, his nails broken and missing. Space delirium. She removes one of her gloves and reaches out pressing it to his neck. Not every species had a pulse in their neck or a pulse at all, but she didn't care about such specifics right now.

"Thirty minutes of oxygen remaining." The lifeless voice reminds her. Distracts her.

Romeo gasps when the alien man suddenly lurches forward, his eyes snapping wide open and darting around frantically. His arms raise again and grab onto her hand which she'd used to touch him.

"They're dead! They're dead!" He yells, spit flying from his mouth and hitting the front of her helmet.

Romeo jerks away, panic flooding her veins. She tries to pull her arm free, but his grip was firm. Romeo tries to reach for her satchel, for the gun there but with the way he held onto her it was trapped between her leg and the ship's console.

His wild eyes dart all around her, as if searching for some enemy she couldn't see. Eventually they pause on her and he becomes strangely calm. "You're one of them." He rasps, his voice dry and raw. He shakes her and tries to sit up, but the harness stops him. "You're one of them... Her puppets." He spits that last word, then gasps his head jerking to the side as he searches for yet another thing she can't see.

She needed to get away from him, he was gone, his mind completely broken and if he thought she was a threat he'd try and kill her. Romeo pulls away from him, gritting her teeth. She was still hurt from the bar fight. The multitude of bruises throbbed along her arm and her neck. "Let me go!" She yells giving up on the gun to notch her arm back and punch him in the face.

His head snaps back hitting the seat and his grip looses enough for her to wrench herself free. He begins laughing. Romeo trips over her own feet landing against the wall perpendicular to his seat. She gasps watching him throw his head back laughing uncontrollably. A shiver crawls down her spine. Get out. Get out. Get out. Romeo didn't care about the pod, she fixed their stupid gun, they could deal with this themselves. Romeo stumbles away from him, back to the small ladder leading to the hatch.

When a flash of bright red light illuminates the inside of the pod the man's laughter stops and he leans forward, his eyes widening. "They fixed it." The gun.

Romeo blinks, glancing at him then out the pod's window.

"No. No. No. No. No!" He drones getting louder and louder with each word, until he's yelling. The man lifts his fisted hands and hits the dash of the ship. "I failed." He cries, slumping forward so his forehead rests against the dash.

Romeo's brow draws together, despite her chance to get free she pauses, one of her arms holding the first ring of the ladder while her feet stay planted inside the pod. "But you fixed it?" She questions, thinking of the work he'd done to the gun. "You just didn't replace the power cords..."

He remains silent a long moment, she doesn't think he'd answer. He probably wasn't even capable of coherent conversation anymore. But then he sighs, long and slow. Miserable. "I only pretended. Was so they could get away." He gently bangs his head on the dash a sob catching in his throat. "All trapped. The plan was good, it was good. But...But... I... they didn't leave." He lifts his head staring out the window. "I waited but they didn't come... The gun was off, I could shoot the ship....."

Romeo's mind spun, her thoughts trying to piece together his broken sentences and make sense of what had actually happened. "Your people were trying to escape the mining ship and you used the malfunctioning gun as your opportunity to get through their defenses." And then he'd planned on using the gun on the mining ship and anyone that tried to stop them. The people here were rising up, not so content in their lives as Romeo'd been led to believe. They could very well all be slaves and Idelle their slave driver.

"Idelle lied." She murmurs to herself, anger snaking through her. She'd used Romeo...used all of them. She obviously still didn't know who she could trust which is why she needed an outsider to do her dirty work. Her power was under attack and she was using Romeo to quiet the coup against her.

Twenty minutes of oxygen remaining.

"Idelle," The man whispers.

Romeo gasps, her head tilting up sightly to look at him, now standing before her. He'd gotten up when she'd been distracted, sorting out her own wild thoughts.

Shit.

A sneer contorts his face as he looks down, staring past her. "You're one of them." He says again, blinking slowly so that his milky irises actually focus on Romeo. "She sent you... to kill me." He says it slowly, his head tilting slightly to the side like an animal. "You killed the others....You sabotaged us..."

The sound of Romeo's pounding pulse nearly blocks out the man's words, she breaths hard slowly reaching up for another rung on the ladder. "I'm not apart of this." She whispers, knowing technically Idelle did send her and with a gun to kill him. The gun. Romeo keeps her eyes on him, watching the ragged rise and fall of his chest. His arms twitch slightly and he seems to have trouble focusing on anything without great concentration. She slowly slips her gloveless hand into her satchel. Her fingers skim over the cold smooth metal of the gun until she finds it's handle.

"I failed..." He growls lifting his hand and hitting himself in the head. "I failed... I failed....I failed, because of you!" The man releases a roar and lunges for Romeo, his destroyed fingers grasping for her.

Romeo doesn't think. She draws in a choked breath and lifts the gun from her bag. Her hand shakes, her index finger jerking over the trigger. Romeo jumps when it fires, the laser a bright red flash in the tiny pod. The man's momentum suddenly seizes and he drops- still falling into her but without the malice he once held.

Romeo slumps beneath his weight, dropping the gun. She tries to shove him off and his head rolls back slightly, his cheek pressing to her helmet. Romeo's stomach lurches. A perfectly round hole shines hot at the center of his left eye. The flesh around the wound sizzles, burning. Romeo gasps shoving him away fervently, her limbs shake. Her muscles unsure whether they wanted to be solid or liquid.

"Ten minutes of oxygen remaining." The voice echos in Romeo's helmet. She tries to control her quick panicked breathing, while trying to wrap her mind around why that message was important.

Her pod. Romeo stumbles over the man's limp body to the pod's window. She jerks off her helmet and presses her cheek against the cold glass. She was at fifty minutes. They were recalling her pod. Romeo slumps away from the window, falling back in the seat the man had been sitting in before. The strong smell of sweat and feces registers somewhere in the back of her mind.

They'd left her out here, in a pod she still wasn't sure could be piloted anymore... With a dead man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back