• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interstellar Empires Reborn

Okay, here goes...

1- On the subject of abduction. If that empire has not consented to it then you cannot do it
I have no issues with this. I imagined that it would work this way.
2- "Universal Credit" is not optional. none of our empires have met yet so its useless
Actually, it's a credit that is universal within Rem'Ticuli society. Considering that it's an empire that spans 1000 planets. It's not meant for use outside of their society though. Should I just change the name to eliminate the confusion?

3- "impending disasters" i wont allow a "I'm trying to save you so i'm the good guy" mentality. If they have it as a religious belief, not a fact then its fine. If anyone decides galactic events, its me.
I didn't elaborate on the impending disasters, of which the Rem'Ticuli has uncovered thousands. If you'd know, you'd laugh. I thought that the fact that they know of a thousand ways the galaxy could die should raise an eyebrow or two. Basically, they're preparing for events that are very unlikely in the short term (short term meaning thousands of years) and believe in preparation for the long term (as in millions of years in advance). So... They're basically preparing for the inevitability of cosmic locusts, the universe being a simulation and how it will be unplugged, and the heat death of the universe... Yeah, they are funny that way.

They obviously think that they're the good guys, but I think everyone thinks that. Just that the Rem'Ticuli is actually goofy about it underneath... The twist being that no one knows about it yet.

4- Now this is no fault of your own, but in the old rp there was a lot of "Precourser " races, really ancient races where very common in the old rp so were trying to avoid that

Well... It's not my intention to come up with a precursor race, so I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I was just coming up with a race that had a headstart, but fell back in line with the others because of some disasters they brought onto themselves... Is that okay? Perhaps it's the writing that gave the wrong impression?

5- Bermuda Sphere: No ships that enter their territory are ever heard from again, resulting in the Rem'ticuli remaining unknown to this day, and their space becoming a 'Bermuda Sphere'. This makes your faction sounds very aggressive, a little too much for a war averse faction. Even if its just abduction, i imagine abducting people is a quick way to start a war.

Actually, I was going with hyper-defensive, hyper-reclusive and isolationist. They're not going to go beyond their territory and conquer other races, and when they violate territories, they do so under the impression that the borders they cross are not valid, and they're just conducting scientific missions... To create a master race of beings who could transcend the heat death of the universe :D.

I'm actually okay with the risk of war. I mean, we are dealing with aliens, and every species of alien should have a very different view of reality. As such, I expect friction and all sorts of complications, which makes it fun. The end result should be quite interesting to predict. It's either the Rem'Ticuli becomes a galactic threat (and yet oblivious about why they're considered as such), or they become forced to change their ways and open up their borders.

One of the guys mentioned that it's too much that the Bermuda Sphere sucks up each and every ship. Should I downgrade this a little? I'm thinking I can say that some of the most advanced or nimble or best-crewed ships were able to escape, but the data they were able to get from their ordeal is fragmented or inconclusive because of the stealth/non-lethal tactics the Rem'Ticuli employed?

Okay, here goes...

I have no issues with this. I imagined that it would work this way.

Actually, it's a credit that is universal within Rem'Ticuli society. Considering that it's an empire that spans 1000 planets. It's not meant for use outside of their society though. Should I just change the name to eliminate the confusion?

I didn't elaborate on the impending disasters, of which the Rem'Ticuli has uncovered thousands. If you'd know, you'd laugh. I thought that the fact that they know of a thousand ways the galaxy could die should raise an eyebrow or two. Basically, they're preparing for events that are very unlikely in the short term (short term meaning thousands of years) and believe in preparation for the long term (as in millions of years in advance). So... They're basically preparing for the inevitability of cosmic locusts, the universe being a simulation and how it will be unplugged, and the heat death of the universe... Yeah, they are funny that way.

They obviously think that they're the good guys, but I think everyone thinks that. Just that the Rem'Ticuli is actually goofy about it underneath... The twist being that no one knows about it yet.

Well... It's not my intention to come up with a precursor race, so I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I was just coming up with a race that had a headstart, but fell back in line with the others because of some disasters they brought onto themselves... Is that okay? Perhaps it's the writing that gave the wrong impression?

Actually, I was going with hyper-defensive, hyper-reclusive and isolationist. They're not going to go beyond their territory and conquer other races, and when they violate territories, they do so under the impression that the borders they cross are not valid, and they're just conducting scientific missions... To create a master race of beings who could transcend the heat death of the universe :D.

I'm actually okay with the risk of war. I mean, we are dealing with aliens, and every species of alien should have a very different view of reality. As such, I expect friction and all sorts of complications, which makes it fun. The end result should be quite interesting to predict. It's either the Rem'Ticuli becomes a galactic threat (and yet oblivious about why they're considered as such), or they become forced to change their ways and open up their borders.

One of the guys mentioned that it's too much that the Bermuda Sphere sucks up each and every ship. Should I downgrade this a little? I'm thinking I can say that some of the most advanced or nimble or best-crewed ships were able to escape, but the data they were able to get from their ordeal is fragmented or inconclusive because of the stealth/non-lethal tactics the Rem'Ticuli employed?

The impending disasters idea that you're preparing for with that "Final Plan" won't work because it's assuming things about the universe. It forces a narrative in which we are forced to accept that you are the good guys. Given that the gm makes the universe, it's up to them to decide if there any impending disasters at all.

I personally don't like the idea of a precursor/ancient race like yours simply because it affords you a head start at all. And because it's boring having to interact with how precocious they are. "Scientists don't often talk with ther lab rats" and all that.

Also the Bermuda Sphere thing IS aggressive in the eyes of other empires as you are attacking their ships with no warning or reason. And they don't know your territory is there either, so they can't be blamed for travelling there. Basically, it just means everyone is likely to declare war on you very quickly and you should prepare for that.

Back to the point of diplomacy, I wouldn't assume my Empire to be as "lab rat" like as the rest. Given the weaknesses I've given my empire (and how you've neatly ripped them off), I'd say my tech level is at least on par with yours, if not further developed. So treating my Empire as some fledging chick won't reflect particularly well on your people and may break down negotiations. Oh, and I fully intended this to happen post-the OP in the IC.

You seem to be taking this rather seriously...

Anyway, we've had a talk about this in Discord. I've also fixed this in the CS. All done and over with.

You replied while I was writing this: Anyway, we've had a talk about this in Discord. I've also fixed this in the CS. All done and over with.

Jamiesauce12 Jamiesauce12

your CS is pretty good! but, i dont think theres magic in this rp and steel or its alloys are not mined
also if there are strengths and weaknesses that are both strengths and weakness they go to "other" and then you'd have to bring another two into there
also i dont think "Strong navy" should be a strength, especially since you didnt explain why they have a strong navy or why the "Consortium to remain strong" how it was strong in the first place.
you also dont explain how they are "ahead of the curve" of other nations when it comes to research.
Not having a huge amount of trade isnt a weakness cause isolationist is already a thing and i doubt they'd need trade with a small population and your having less planets than others is rendered mute by all your space stations

Jamiesauce12 Jamiesauce12

your CS is pretty good! but, i dont think theres magic in this rp and steel or its alloys are not mined
also if there are strengths and weaknesses that are both strengths and weakness they go to "other" and then you'd have to bring another two into there
also i dont think "Strong navy" should be a strength, especially since you didnt explain why they have a strong navy or why the "Consortium to remain strong" how it was strong in the first place.
you also dont explain how they are "ahead of the curve" of other nations when it comes to research.
Not having a huge amount of trade isnt a weakness cause isolationist is already a thing and i doubt they'd need trade with a small population and your having less planets than others is rendered mute by all your space stations

#Update# Lance has been removed, left in from an old short story i wrote. :D

There is literally no mention of magic. But will update the other things. In my defence it was written late at night on a phone for me. :)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw my interest in this RP due to numerous reasons. You guys keep at it, and I'd be happy to pop in to read your stuff now and then. Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back