• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Intergalactic cleanup crew

This is a bit of a short notice but I won't be having any internet for the next 2 days. I'll try what I can but there's a high chance that you won't hear from me for that time.

So try to get your questions out within the next 10 hours if possible.

This looks rad. Any chance for a spot as a lowlife scrapper or a shady, sleazy janitor? 

Is the chef still available? 

I think Gaaron1234 is out of contact for the next couple of days due to internet issues. However, I don't think we have a chef or a quartermaster yet. Check the opening post listing the positions. If there's no name in the description, it's probably still available.

I think Gaaron1234 is out of contact for the next couple of days due to internet issues. However, I don't think we have a chef or a quartermaster yet. Check the opening post listing the positions. If there's no name in the description, it's probably still available.

Name: Sophia Alders

Appearance: Young, olive skin, dark hair and eyes. Average build. Hair long, straight, and kempt. Wardrobe and fashion sense is distinctly femme. 

Species: Human

Position: Chef

Seniority: New recruit. 

Personality: Her sweet demeanor masks deep scars and a sense of vulnerability.  Pleasant but introverted. Certain topics may ignite her passionate side. 

Personal belongings: Makeup, naturally. Some tasteful clothes - dresses and skirts, mostly, along with jeans and faded shirts in case the need arises to get her hands dirty. A white apron that she wears while cooking - combined with her wardrobe, it gives her the appearance of a housewife of old. 

A diary - she'd never let you see! - and an old scrapbook. Various utensils for cooking. A chef's knife sharp enough to put an unskilled cook in the emergency room. A sharpening stone, for the knife. Some knickknacks to liven up her living quarters - old photos, mostly. A communicator (I don't know how exactly the technology in this world is, but I'm picturing something vaguely reminiscent of a cell phone.). A laptop computer. Medications - various multicolored pills. Finally (if the roleplay will allow for it) an innocuous-looking jewelry box stuffed to the top with marijuana, along with a few lighters. (I don't know if pot exists in this world, if it would be legal, or if she'd be able to bring/smuggle something like this onto the ship - for that reason, this one is open-ended.)

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all.  I'm already back. The trip was only for one night and I even had somewhat acceptable Internet at the Hotel.

And secondly: welcome aboard @Silverlee

Yes Chef is still available and you're welcome to take it. I personally don't mind the usage of pot in the Rp but Sophia will obviously get into trouble if she's caught at her post while under the influence. And yes, most of the plant life has survived the end of the world and can be found on most of the planets colonized by humans.

There isn't really much of an unified theme to the technology of the setting. There are dozens of different brands just as are today and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them decided to stick to the designs of the 21st century.

All personal communication would have to be relayed through the ships main computer while in deep space obviously or through a terminal of a space station while we're in Port.

Just posting to let people know i'm still down for this. my tablet broke, so acquiring a picture of my character's gonna take longer than usual. can't decide if i wanna make him human or an alien of some sort

Name: CopperHead

Nickname: "Sergeant scrap"

Age 38

Position: scrapper

Personality: the joker of the salvage team and the only salvager to utilize an AI drone (more on IT later)

Personal belongings: 

A baseball cap and a drone named Potatoes of all things.

WIP kk?

Just posting to let people know i'm still down for this. my tablet broke, so acquiring a picture of my character's gonna take longer than usual. can't decide if i wanna make him human or an alien of some sort

Don't worry, we've still got a ton of time after all.

Name: CopperHead

Nickname: "Sergeant scrap"

Age 38

Position: scrapper

Personality: the joker of the salvage team and the only salvager to utilize an AI drone (more on IT later)

Personal belongings: 

A baseball cap and a drone named Potatoes of all things.

WIP kk?

Shouldn't his nickname be lieutenant Scrap given his rank? I also feel like you've just infringed on some scrap yard mascot.

Anyways I certainly welcome you aboard, let me point out a few things I noticed in your wip cs.

1. We're a civilian vessel so that rank is cosmetic at best.
  2. Your drone needs to stay in the hangar if its larger than a briefcase.
  3. You don't need to include an exact year but it's important to know if you've been around long enough to have known the old captain.

First of all.  I'm already back. The trip was only for one night and I even had somewhat acceptable Internet at the Hotel.

And secondly: welcome aboard @Silverlee

Yes Chef is still available and you're welcome to take it. I personally don't mind the usage of pot in the Rp but Sophia will obviously get into trouble if she's caught at her post while under the influence. And yes, most of the plant life has survived the end of the world and can be found on most of the planets colonized by humans.

There isn't really much of an unified theme to the technology of the setting. There are dozens of different brands just as are today and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them decided to stick to the designs of the 21st century.

All personal communication would have to be relayed through the ships main computer while in deep space obviously or through a terminal of a space station while we're in Port.

Thanks! Count me in. 

A few questions about lore:

1) Do human-colonized planets exist beyond New Terra and Ark Horizon? Small mining and farming planets perhaps?

2) Does terraforming technology exist in this universe? 

3) Do intergalactic corporations exist? 

Thanks! Count me in. 

A few questions about lore:

1) Do human-colonized planets exist beyond New Terra and Ark Horizon? Small mining and farming planets perhaps?

2) Does terraforming technology exist in this universe? 

3) Do intergalactic corporations exist? 
  1. About a dozen planets were earth like enough to be fully colonized and span the human federation. There are many mining operations within that territory and efforts are made to find new habitable planets that are also not protected by Intergalactic laws.  The Ark horizon was founded by humans but is now home to members of pretty much every space faring species.
  2. Terra forming exists but is incredibly expensive and forbidden on planets with any preexisting life.
  3. Mostly trade companies shipping goods halfway across the galaxy. Production lines spanning multiple planets usually just aren't profitable enough.

1. About a dozen planets were earth like enough to be fully colonized and span the human federation. There are many mining operations within that territory and efforts are made to find new habitable planets that are also not protected by Intergalactic laws.  The Ark horizon was founded by humans but is now home to members of pretty much every space faring species.
  2. Terra forming exists but is incredibly expensive and forbidden on planets with any preexisting life.
  3. Mostly trade companies shipping goods halfway across the galaxy. Production lines spanning multiple planets usually just aren't profitable enough.

Could a corporation theoretically offer residents on a small planet contracts for land  in order for a corporation to terraform? Maybe to build a city or mining colony there or the like? Trying to form a character backstory. 

OK, if you guys still have room, might I take the role of quartermaster or mechanic? Or perhaps I'll be the one taking up the hangar space? Seems like a cool rp!

Could a corporation theoretically offer residents on a small planet contracts for land  in order for a corporation to terraform? Maybe to build a city or mining colony there or the like? Trying to form a character backstory. 

It'd have to jump through a few hundred legal loopholes to do so but its certainly possible.

OK, if you guys still have room, might I take the role of quartermaster or mechanic? Or perhaps I'll be the one taking up the hangar space? Seems like a cool rp!

The mechanic position is getting a bit crowded. It's not full but you'd have to offer something unique at this point.

The other two spots you mentioned are still open.

Want to start after shut down?

The shutdown has been delayed for a week so I'll try to finish my preparations tomorrow and start earlier than expected.

The character creation phase will still last way past the shutdown anyways going by my experience regarding group RPs.

It'd have to jump through a few hundred legal loopholes to do so but its certainly possible.

The mechanic position is getting a bit crowded. It's not full but you'd have to offer something unique at this point.

The other two spots you mentioned are still open.

Ah OK, cool! Perhaps I could be a field scientist/master at arms sort of person? What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back