• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Intergalactic cleanup crew

Gaaron01234

The shopkeeper
Space is a canvas of infinite possibilities. You could be an Explorer, claiming new worlds far away, a trader, meeting new kinds of people every day or a soldier fighting for glory and honor. Or anything else really, the point is that there are a lot of space faring jobs out there.
And where there are people there is trash. Now I personally don't mind if you throw your soda cans into the great void. But have you seen the things people just let float around out there? Wreckages left behind by epic space battles, abandoned space stations and other derelict vessels just lie there, no longer belonging to anyone.
And that's where we come in. We Scrappers locate these lost chunks of metal, take them apart and sell the pieces for profit.
Or that's what we are supposed to do but we've recently lost most of our crew due to legal reasons and are now looking for replacements.
If you feel qualified to fill any of the below posts then please meet us at the location specified below.

Looking for:

• A few scrappers obviously. You'd go out there in a space suit,take apart the target and haul the parts into the cargo bay. One spot reserved for Nezumi.
  • We need someone to man our three defense turrets.
  • We've got a mess in dire need of a chef. And maybe a quarter master since we're at it.
  • A mechanic to keep things running. You can use the ship's workshop however you want while you stay and can use parts of our haul for your work. Reserved for Ironrot and Noivian. More mechanics are welcome but you'd have to also fill a scrapper role.
  • A doctor would also be nice. And we've already got two with Zaltusinel and Leo Radomir.
  • There's also a small, and currently empty hangar for small crafts. You'd need to bring your own ship. Half of it is occupied by Tarmagon already.
  • Ship AI reserved for fabulous trash
  • Maybe a janitor as well. You will at least not be on viscera cleanup detail.
  • And that's all I could think of. Do you think we need you for any other reason? I'm open for suggestions

And that's the basic scenario. What are we going to do once the crew has assembled? I've honestly haven't decided yet, though I've got a few ideas.  From how we live on a ship to epic space adventure, I've got it all.

Regarding further content. If you for example want to play as the space race of your choice. Just let me know and we'll find a way to add it into the world.

The server will be temporarily down from the 19th onward I'll try to have the rp running ASAP once the site is back. Have a CS template to pass the time.

<Name>

Appearance: A picture of your character or a description. I don't care about artstyle. Also add your vehicle if you have one.

Species: also state the source if you've taken it from an existing medium.  Add a short description if it's an original.

Position: your role in the crew.

Seniority: for how long have you been a member of this crew. We got the ship 8 years ago and the current captain took over 2 years ago.

Personality: your likes/dislikes and whatever else you feel is important.

Personal belongings: whatever you brought along for the trip.

And whatever else you deem important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting!

Cool, do you have a role in the crew that has catched your interest?

And while I'm already here.

A few possible story lines that I thought of.

• Slice of space life: why not relax a bit and play the crew's everyday life aboard the ship?
  • The locked door: what did the last captain hide in there? Let me tell you it's pretty important and the crew has to figure out what to do with it.
  • Pirates! : they are after our loot! Time to fight back!
  • Classified: looks like someone lost a document of highest importance. Too bad the rightful owner now wants us dead for knowing the horrible truth.
  • Artifact if Doom: we've found a macguffin among the rubble. Too bad it's of the clingy variety.
  • Wargames: Intergalactic war has broken out and we've been drafted into it.

I'd be interested in the engi.

A mix of slice of Life with some short distinct arcs might be good.

I actually clicked on this because I thought an rp about a clean up crew might be a good chance to avoid those RPs that are mostly combat and showboating.

On that not e, is the goal of the shop to clean and destroy waste or to salvage?

I'd be interested in the engi.

A mix of slice of Life with some short distinct arcs might be good.

I actually clicked on this because I thought an rp about a clean up crew might be a good chance to avoid those RPs that are mostly combat and showboating.

On that not e, is the goal of the shop to clean and destroy waste or to salvage?

Welcome aboard.

The goal is a good question and depends on the perspective and situation.

The removal of objects is most of the time ordered by whoever holds ownership over it. They usually are only interested in the content of their property if at all and leave everything else to the crew. If they want said content salvaged or destroyed is their business. Any other parts that are still useful are in that regard considered part of the payment for the job and are usually sold off.

On the other hand. Object whose owner can't be located or doesn't bother become free for the picking after a while.

Okay. I ask because human debris around earth is serious issue, mostly because it will stay there forever, or a very long time and there are fears that it may impact satellites/space craft. There are a few plans in the works for how to handle it in the real world.

Dangit I was thinking about taking the mechanic. I even have a character that would fit perfectly into the role. He's got mechanical limbs and everything, oop. But it's okay, I can think of another character. Perhaps a doctor?

I'd give him to you, but I think I've got a pretty good backstory/twist in mind for a mechanic.

Dangit I was thinking about taking the mechanic. I even have a character that would fit perfectly into the role. He's got mechanical limbs and everything, oop. But it's okay, I can think of another character. Perhaps a doctor?

I'd give him to you, but I think I've got a pretty good backstory/twist in mind for a mechanic.

First of all, welcome aboard Noivian!

And it's not as if we couldn't have several players take the same role. Especially mechanics since they could also assist in the whole disassembly business.

I'm going to be as lenient as possible as far as world content goes to give you freedom with your character background and such.  But there are a few things that I will be adamant about.

1. Earth, the origin of humanity has been completely destroyed several generations ago.  We can give the remains a visit in the story if theres interest.
  2. The human capital is the artificial planet "New Terra" in orbit around Iota Centauri
  3. The largest man-made object in space is the space station "Ark Horizon" that has been built in Intergalactic collaboration and is considered a sovereign state.

Well I'm also a research scientist that's good at making shit from parts, and having two meds when one dies or incap is really nice.

Who am I to argue against SCIENCE anyways?

So now we've got two Doctors\other stuff. Hurray!

On another Note: do the server switch on the 19th this month. Remind me to get a CS template done by then so I can give you something to do in these 4 days of server downtime.  we should be ready to get started once the server is back as far as I am concerned.

Who am I to argue against SCIENCE anyways?

So now we've got two Doctors\other stuff. Hurray!

On another Note: do the server switch on the 19th this month. Remind me to get a CS template done by then so I can give you something to do in these 4 days of server downtime.  we should be ready to get started once the server is back as far as I am concerned.

Sounds Good!

Hmm. Do you have space for an ex-fighter pilot who now spends his time piloting a retrieval sled? And no, you don't want to ask what those mounts below the waldo arms on the sled are. Just, don't ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back