• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

rainingxme

Don't let the hard days win.
Roleplay Type(s)
HELLO!!!

So I'm not going to lie I have no idea what I'm doing. I am an incredible noob when it comes to all of this, I was possibly looking for a partner who might be willing to help teach me the ropes?

If you are! Then you are an incredibly kind soul, and please shoot me a pm.. (thanks D. Rex.. 🤣 )

Last edited:
HELLO!!!

So I'm not going to lie I have no idea what I'm doing. I am an incredible noob when it comes to all of this, I was possibly looking for a partner who might be willing to help teach me the ropes?

If you are! Then you are an incredibly kind soul and please shoot me a dm!! T.T

Welcome to the dice section! But here, it's generally not advised to shoot the DM.

Were you looking for a type of game in particular? Most folk here are pretty friendly to noobs, from my experience

Welcome to the dice section! But here, it's generally not advised to shoot the DM.

Were you looking for a type of game in particular? Most folk here are pretty friendly to noobs, from my experience
Good to know!! I was still working so it was just easier to get ahold of me if so but I'm here now!! Haha

That's really good to know, and I really don't have any idea. I like the idea of D&D but I have lame friends. So I've never really been exposed to any of it. I'm really about as green as they come.

Good to know!! I was still working so it was just easier to get ahold of me if so but I'm here now!! Haha

That's really good to know, and I really don't have any idea. I like the idea of D&D but I have lame friends. So I've never really been exposed to any of it. I'm really about as green as they come.
Was making a joke about about shooting the Dungeon Master lol. They are in short supply.

As for Dnd, it's an easy start! Games pop up for it now and then. Plenty of other types of games too. I am running my first campaign of a system called Exalted.

And I wouldn't worry too much about being green. I was too when I started. But after a few games I'm sure you will learn things in no time.

You can always try asking around on some existing campaigns, but dont get discouraged if the party is full.

As for dice interest checks. It much less active than the main rp section. But that also means when a game comes, it gets filled pretty quick. So watching the dice interest check thread can give you a heads up and give you a good chance of getting in a game.

Was making a joke about about shooting the Dungeon Master lol. They are in short supply.

As for Dnd, it's an easy start! Games pop up for it now and then. Plenty of other types of games too. I am running my first campaign of a system called Exalted.

And I wouldn't worry too much about being green. I was too when I started. But after a few games I'm sure you will learn things in no time.

You can always try asking around on some existing campaigns, but dont get discouraged if the party is full.

As for dice interest checks. It much less active than the main rp section. But that also means when a game comes, it gets filled pretty quick. So watching the dice interest check thread can give you a heads up and give you a good chance of getting in a game.
OH. MY. GOD. I'M BLONDE....

Very nice!! Yeah I'm hoping to get into the swing of things especially now that I do actually have some more time.

T.T I'm hoping so, but I also missed your joke like an idiot xD

I'm going to try and keep an eye on it, I'll have to have google as my friend to hopefully understand what the heck I'm reading.

OH. MY. GOD. I'M BLONDE....

Very nice!! Yeah I'm hoping to get into the swing of things especially now that I do actually have some more time.

T.T I'm hoping so, but I also missed your joke like an idiot xD

I'm going to try and keep an eye on it, I'll have to have google as my friend to hopefully understand what the heck I'm reading.
Lol you'll learn in no time. Things might seem a bit difficult at first, but it gets much easier once you start wrapping you head around things.

And dont worry about being blonde lol. I got someone like you in my game. And if she can do it, I'm sure you can too.

Google is useful! Some good sites or DnD info that can even help make characters. Dnd beyond .com is an easy one to get into. It's got the rules and stuff there too.

But delving into dice, you will inevitably want to find the books, especially for other systems. But those can easily be found as PDFs.

Lol you'll learn in no time. Things might seem a bit difficult at first, but it gets much easier once you start wrapping you head around things.

And dont worry about being blonde lol. I got someone like you in my game. And if she can do it, I'm sure you can too.

Google is useful! Some good sites or DnD info that can even help make characters. Dnd beyond .com is an easy one to get into. It's got the rules and stuff there too.

But delving into dice, you will inevitably want to find the books, especially for other systems. But those can easily be found as PDFs.
I'm not 100% sure if I should actually be offended or not xD But I appreciate the support none the less!!

Thank you! I'll have to check that out. I've gone as far as making a character before with the help of an online friend years and years ago, had insanely lucky rolls and a character that no one would actually believe was actually luck. xD

I'll definitely poke around though!! I guess the biggest fear is misunderstanding.

I'm not 100% sure if I should actually be offended or not xD But I appreciate the support none the less!!

Thank you! I'll have to check that out. I've gone as far as making a character before with the help of an online friend years and years ago, had insanely lucky rolls and a character that no one would actually believe was actually luck. xD

I'll definitely poke around though!! I guess the biggest fear is misunderstanding.
Lol can always be both offended and amused.

Yeah, they'd probably have you reroll unless you used the standard stat pool. That's pretty standard practice. But it's a good a start as any.

And dont worry about any misunderstandings. Everyone was new at some point. Besides, we got a nice lot around here from I have seen. And all pretty helpful. Especially to those willing to learn.

Lol can always be both offended and amused.

Yeah, they'd probably have you reroll unless you used the standard stat pool. That's pretty standard practice. But it's a good a start as any.

And dont worry about any misunderstandings. Everyone was new at some point. Besides, we got a nice lot around here from I have seen. And all pretty helpful. Especially to those willing to learn.
Don't worry, it's definitely more of the amused side.

That is good to know though. I'll definitely keep my eye out for places I can maybe slip in

Lol life's too short to worry, so I tend not to.

And I hope you find your bearings here on the dice side of RPN. Maybe we shall see each other in a game together at some point.

If you dont have any luck, let me know. It may not be Dnd, but I can try to see if I can squeeze in one more if the players are okay with it. I have always had a fondness for noobs, after all.

Lol life's too short to worry, so I tend not to.

And I hope you find your bearings here on the dice side of RPN. Maybe we shall see each other in a game together at some point.

If you dont have any luck, let me know. It may not be Dnd, but I can try to see if I can squeeze in one more if the players are okay with it. I have always had a fondness for noobs, after all.
That is definitely facts.

And if you need another player at any point please by all means reach out 💜

That is definitely facts.

And if you need another player at any point please by all means reach out 💜
I will, if a player drops out, I'll let you know. And if you dont have luck, ill see what I can do.

Though, like I said. It's not Dnd, but it is a fantasy. And it can be a lot to take in all at once. It also requires a bit of commitment and a love for flair.

I will, if a player drops out, I'll let you know. And if you dont have luck, ill see what I can do.

Though, like I said. It's not Dnd, but it is a fantasy. And it can be a lot to take in all at once. It also requires a bit of commitment and a love for flair.
I am always willing to at least try!!

Hey would just like to add that if you are perhaps looking for a forum with a higher population of dice players Giant in the Playground is the best I've found.

Additionally a nice type of game to start off playing is Powered by the Apocolypse games (PbtA), it's a style of system that has relatively easier to understand mechanics. One PbtA game (Masks) is still my favourite tabletop game.

Hey would just like to add that if you are perhaps looking for a forum with a higher population of dice players Giant in the Playground is the best I've found.

Additionally a nice type of game to start off playing is Powered by the Apocolypse games (PbtA), it's a style of system that has relatively easier to understand mechanics. One PbtA game (Masks) is still my favourite tabletop game.
Thank you! I appreciate the advice! 💜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back