• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Interested in Time Travel? Step Right Up!

Princess A

Long may I reign.
Well, let's get right to it.

About Me:
  • 21+ Female​
  • Post length usually mirrors my partner's - I am more than comfortable settling in between 2 and 4 good paragraphs. As far as post frequency goes, you can expect to hear from me about once a day - sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.​
  • I adore a dark theme. In fact, I prefer a storyline with darker elements; hit me with your best shot. Romance is more than welcome, and the plot listed below is a MxF pairing.​

About You:
  • Age 18+
  • Comfortable writing a handful of well-crafted paragraphs with each response.
  • Interested in helping to contribute to plot and character building in OOC.
  • Ready and willing to write a male character for the plot listed below - a semi-dystopian, sci-fi adventure.
  • Feel free to shoot me a PM if you are interested! Give me your thoughts on the story, ideas for your character, or just say hi.

Without further ado, allow me to set the stage:

Your character is in attendance at a carnival or similar roadside/circus-type attraction when he is beckoned by a pair of strangers to test out their newest attraction - a strange machine which the swindlers boast to be a bonafide working time machine. The year in which this moment takes place is totally your choice. Is it 1950, and is your character a former soldier home from serving his country in WWII, trying to ground himself in civilian life? Or is it 2019, and is your character an amateur computer genius, willing to get a glimpse at this "time machine" just for the joke of it? Or... is he someone else entirely? You tell me.

Regardless of his identity, your character resigns to shelling out a small amount of money to these sideshow wannabe P.T. Barnums in order to step inside their wacky piece of machinery. And... Well, whaddaya know? The damn thing actually works.

Welcome to the year 2100.

You'll be amazed what all has changed.

However, beneath the incredible leaps in technological advances, something more sinister is lurking. American citizens are, at this point, quickly approaching the brink of looking and operating like an entirely new species. This is all thanks to technological body modifications, pieces of tech installed in the human body for the enhancement of everything from abilities to appearance. Most upper class citizens are heavy users, considering it fashionable to undergo many modifications. Meanwhile, underprivileged citizens usually are only able to sport the bare minimum amount of body tech.

And I do say "bare minimum."

You see, the government has made it illegal for citizens over the age of 5 years old to go about their lives without undergoing at least the basic procedure to install a short list of primary alterations. Those whose bodies are not, well, cyborg-ified, are called "Naturals," the term carrying a very derogatory connotation. Naturals are typically members of fringe groups or criminals who do not want their activities - *ahem* - monitored.

So, when your character arrives on the scene - well over the age of 5 and complete with none of the required body modifications - he's going to need more than a little help.

Enter my character, a seasoned resident of this dystopian future who toes the line between the cyber-fanatic luxury of the big city and the underworld of back-alley tech which rests at its feet. If he plays his cards right, she might just be able to get your character back home alive.

Well, let's get right to it.

About Me:
  • 21+ Female​
  • Post length usually mirrors my partner's - I am more than comfortable settling in between 2 and 4 good paragraphs. As far as post frequency goes, you can expect to hear from me about once a day - sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.​
  • I adore a dark theme. In fact, I prefer a storyline with darker elements; hit me with your best shot. Romance is more than welcome, and the plot listed below is a MxF pairing.​

About You:
  • Age 18+
  • Comfortable writing a handful of well-crafted paragraphs with each response.
  • Interested in helping to contribute to plot and character building in OOC.
  • Ready and willing to write a male character for the plot listed below - a semi-dystopian, sci-fi adventure.
  • Feel free to shoot me a PM if you are interested! Give me your thoughts on the story, ideas for your character, or just say hi.

Without further ado, allow me to set the stage:

Your character is in attendance at a carnival or similar roadside/circus-type attraction when he is beckoned by a pair of strangers to test out their newest attraction - a strange machine which the swindlers boast to be a bonafide working time machine. The year in which this moment takes place is totally your choice. Is it 1950, and is your character a former soldier home from serving his country in WWII, trying to ground himself in civilian life? Or is it 2019, and is your character an amateur computer genius, willing to get a glimpse at this "time machine" just for the joke of it? Or... is he someone else entirely? You tell me.

Regardless of his identity, your character resigns to shelling out a small amount of money to these sideshow wannabe P.T. Barnums in order to step inside their wacky piece of machinery. And... Well, whaddaya know? The damn thing actually works.

Welcome to the year 2100.

You'll be amazed what all has changed.

However, beneath the incredible leaps in technological advances, something more sinister is lurking. American citizens are, at this point, quickly approaching the brink of looking and operating like an entirely new species. This is all thanks to technological body modifications, pieces of tech installed in the human body for the enhancement of everything from abilities to appearance. Most upper class citizens are heavy users, considering it fashionable to undergo many modifications. Meanwhile, underprivileged citizens usually are only able to sport the bare minimum amount of body tech.

And I do say "bare minimum."

You see, the government has made it illegal for citizens over the age of 5 years old to go about their lives without undergoing at least the basic procedure to install a short list of primary alterations. Those whose bodies are not, well, cyborg-ified, are called "Naturals," the term carrying a very derogatory connotation. Naturals are typically members of fringe groups or criminals who do not want their activities - *ahem* - monitored.

So, when your character arrives on the scene - well over the age of 5 and complete with none of the required body modifications - he's going to need more than a little help.

Enter my character, a seasoned resident of this dystopian future who toes the line between the cyber-fanatic luxury of the big city and the underworld of back-alley tech which rests at its feet. If he plays his cards right, she might just be able to get your character back home alive.
oh HECK yes this is perfect can you pleAse PM me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back