• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Interest Gathering for a Long Term Star Wars Universe Reboot

An older TV Show that was kind of like a more modern Indiana Jones but with ethical consumption and more magic/folklore
Ethical consumption/Ethical consumerism seems like a weird element to throw into a TV show.

Ethical consumption/Ethical consumerism seems like a weird element to throw into a TV show.
I've gotta reprimand myself, that's literally the wrong phrase. I was trying to say, less of the 'it belongs in a museum' stuff

I’m actually not very into Star Wars a whole bunch, but there are aspects I like. While I can see most people hate the jedi/sith force stuff, I like when it’s done in a more mystical sense, less colored light and more ritualistic mysticism. I’m also a big fan of when it’s not governments and politics, but more adventure. Something like The Librarians in Space. I’d love to join for that reason.
While I'm not familiar with The Librarians, I think I understand the vibe you're trying to get across. I've had a few ideas and inspiration for stuff of that nature, set a few years after the Empire's defeat and the New Republic's rise to power, when the Galaxy (and Jedi) has to put themselves back together and more or less rediscover a lot of things. I'm not entirely sure if that will be the first rp set in this universe, but it's nevertheless something I'd love to explore.

genevys genevys
I had forgotten that I wanted to share this character with ya. She's not hard-wired into a particular timeline. But her gear and surrounding tech/crew/ship would place her in old republic era. I know y'all are very likely NOT going to do anything in that timeframe. But I thought I'd share her regardless.

So like.... what happened with this req? Everyone went silent all of a sudden?

Last edited:
Picks up the stick and draws a line in the dirt, above which he writes:  Interested.

Tossing the stick to the side.

I have always had an interest in Star Wars RP on here. I've been part of several, spanning Old Republic, GGW, Disney Era, and many versions in between. I'm a fan of the story, almost no matter the form it takes. I have taken a long break from playing on here due to life and work and burnout, but I've been getting that itch lately, and I just need to scratch it.
I can play as a Force User, smuggler, bounty hunter, Mandalorian (and there is a distinction in my mind, and the Fetts are Mandalorian plants a flag on that hill holding a thermal detonator .

So in short, I'm interested in this.

I can play as a Force User, smuggler, bounty hunter, Mandalorian (and there is a distinction in my mind, and the Fetts are Mandalorian plants a flag on that hill holding a thermal detonator .
The Fetts ARE Mandalorians. At least they were in Legends lore (AKA the better lore).

Depending on who you ask, Star Wars content as of late has been pretty... disappointing. Especially when it comes to Disney's Canon. Many Star Wars fans have grown apathetic in the wake of everything that's happened within the lore, how the franchise has been treated, and so on and so forth. I consider myself to be a part of this audience. Seeing so much potential in a universe, a world full of characters and locations and opportunity, yet still being let down when a new piece of media is released.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy watching Star Wars content nowadays, it's just that I don't care about it anymore. We already know what happens at the end. The New Jedi Order is destroyed, the Skywalker bloodline ends, and Palpatine is defeated by "all the Jedi" in a final push to the end. To me, everything has just become predictable. Plain. Soulless.

For the longest time, I've wanted to create my own universe of stories set in a galaxy far, far away. I've toyed around with many various ideas, from rewriting Canon stories to incorporating Canon and Legends content into one setting, but enough with that. I think I can do better. In an attempt to avoid the soulless, plain, and predictable nature (in my opinion) of Disney's Star Wars, I would like to rewrite Star Wars from the very ground up. Not Legends. Not Disney. My own version of the events as they happened, decanonizing EVERYTHING with the exception of the original six movies, and revel in the experience with as whoever would like to join me on the journey.

Ideas, for the moment, are few and far between. This interest check only serves to poke at the community with a stick; to see who, and how many, would be interested in this. I personally write semi literate to advanced literate (at least one paragraph, I try to fit more in when possible), and would appreciate the same amount of effort in any who join. I don't like taking shortcuts in my writing and would like to explain everything in detail. After all, I am making my own lore.

All RPN rules apply, obviously. I may host a Discord server depending on how many respond. Also, I will be creating a new interest check when a plot for the first RP is created and fleshed out. That may take a while though. Do keep in mind that I expect everyone to respect one another, no matter their views on the current state of Star Wars. We each have things we like, and there's no shame in that. Just be respectful towards one another in general as well.
I'd be interested : )

Hey guys!!!!! Sorry about the absence!!!! Just came in to say that I haven't given up on the rp. It seems we've picked up a few more interested people, which is awesome!

I'm currently trying to decide on planning something set directly AFTER Revenge of the Sith (think during the Bad Batch, but our own personal take on the era), or something set during the New Republic era. Possibly something to do with the foundation of the New Jedi Order. If anyone has any input, comments, etc., don't be a stranger!!!

There is definitely possibility with both.

While I usually perfer New republic Era (legends). And since this is going to be completely original it gives us more free reign. We can tell the demise of the Empire. The rise of the New Republic and set up the New Jedi Order. Maybe some actual new threat that emerges due to the power vacuum left by the emperor's death. The ideas are endless

While post sith there is still stuff we can establish. A group of Jedi being hunted down. The formation of the rebellion. Or like what Murdergurl Murdergurl likes something bounty hunter related in the outer rim away from it all.

Either way it will be interesting

I'm down for Jedi being hunted, and bounty hunters. The grander scheme or galactic level is something that is beyond me. :)

I think this is a very interesting way to go as for the time line, as I usually prefer Old Republic, but that's because that's the info that was available for the longest time. I'm all for the New Republic era.

Hey guys!!!!! Sorry about the absence!!!! Just came in to say that I haven't given up on the rp. It seems we've picked up a few more interested people, which is awesome!

I'm currently trying to decide on planning something set directly AFTER Revenge of the Sith (think during the Bad Batch, but our own personal take on the era), or something set during the New Republic era. Possibly something to do with the foundation of the New Jedi Order. If anyone has any input, comments, etc., don't be a stranger!!!
Given these options, I'll probably just do my best to keep to some obscure corner of the galaxy where it doesnt matter. Far in the Outer Rim (and possibly Hutt Space) are gonna be my stomping grounds for sure.

Gonna stay away from Jedi/Sith-centric storylines and interactions

Last edited:
I'm down for Jedi being hunted, and bounty hunters. The grander scheme or galactic level is something that is beyond me. :)

I think this is a very interesting way to go as for the time line, as I usually prefer Old Republic, but that's because that's the info that was available for the longest time. I'm all for the New Republic era.
I'm an OR fan, myself. I called it the "better lore" until Disney got things under the Legends designation.

To be fair, Legends/EU was A LOT to try and cover. But it was fun to read through bits and pieces here and there. I loved playing KOTOR & KOTOR 2.

To be fair, Legends/EU was A LOT to try and cover. But it was fun to read through bits and pieces here and there. I loved playing KOTOR & KOTOR 2.
i played them both, but I honestly only kinda sorta remember the second one. I also played the MMO for a while, but then it underwent a huge revamp of how the whole thing was played, and now I dont understand whats going on. So I havent gotten back into it for a couple of years and dont plan to.

mostly, I had read a lot of SW books and comic books back in the 90's.

I I've played, and still have an active account for the MMO. But haven't been on in a long time, so I'm not sure I would notice anything.

I read a lot of the books and comics as well, not to mention digging through wookiepedia.

I I've played, and still have an active account for the MMO. But haven't been on in a long time, so I'm not sure I would notice anything.

I read a lot of the books and comics as well, not to mention digging through wookiepedia.
lets put it this way, the last time I was actually playing the game, you only had one weapon class per character class. Now you can create a character and pick from a whole slew of stuff. But the whole hub that you crafted and customized your weapons at is gone, same with the trainer. I logged on after a loooong time of not playing and I had no idea what had happened. And I felt pretty cheated that my Bounty hunter was stuck with dual pistols (which I always thought was a dumb loadout for a bounty hunter) when now you can create a BH with a rifle (which makes much more sense). But I'm not gonna start all the way from the bottom again with a new character just for that. So.... all a bad taste in my mouth and i wont play anymore.

I had the ACTUAL Wookiepedia book when I was a kid. It was a literal encyclopedia of all sorts of star wars stuff: Planets, ships, people, etc. etc. It included all kinds of stuff that was definitely not canon then (or now), like Luke Skywalkers clone, LUUKE. Jacen and Jaina Solo, and more. I think my little brother kept the Wookiepedia, but he lives in another state now and we rarely talk.

I’d be down for either though I’m more of an old republic/clone wars.

Happy for both. If I have a preference i think I would pick post revenge, like the idea of building rebel alliance or being a runaway from the empire.

lets put it this way, the last time I was actually playing the game, you only had one weapon class per character class. Now you can create a character and pick from a whole slew of stuff. But the whole hub that you crafted and customized your weapons at is gone, same with the trainer. I logged on after a loooong time of not playing and I had no idea what had happened. And I felt pretty cheated that my Bounty hunter was stuck with dual pistols (which I always thought was a dumb loadout for a bounty hunter) when now you can create a BH with a rifle (which makes much more sense). But I'm not gonna start all the way from the bottom again with a new character just for that. So.... all a bad taste in my mouth and i wont play anymore.

I had the ACTUAL Wookiepedia book when I was a kid. It was a literal encyclopedia of all sorts of star wars stuff: Planets, ships, people, etc. etc. It included all kinds of stuff that was definitely not canon then (or now), like Luke Skywalkers clone, LUUKE. Jacen and Jaina Solo, and more. I think my little brother kept the Wookiepedia, but he lives in another state now and we rarely talk.
That .. that sounds like a lot and incredibly frustrating. I should log on and see what's changed for me. And yeah I'm pretty sure I wouldn't keep playing after all that as well.

That's actually really cool that you had the physical book. But yeah there was a lot of info in there that we not canon even then. But was still a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back