• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Interest Gathering for a Long Term Star Wars Universe Reboot

genevys

okay
Roleplay Type(s)
Depending on who you ask, Star Wars content as of late has been pretty... disappointing. Especially when it comes to Disney's Canon. Many Star Wars fans have grown apathetic in the wake of everything that's happened within the lore, how the franchise has been treated, and so on and so forth. I consider myself to be a part of this audience. Seeing so much potential in a universe, a world full of characters and locations and opportunity, yet still being let down when a new piece of media is released.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy watching Star Wars content nowadays, it's just that I don't care about it anymore. We already know what happens at the end. The New Jedi Order is destroyed, the Skywalker bloodline ends, and Palpatine is defeated by "all the Jedi" in a final push to the end. To me, everything has just become predictable. Plain. Soulless.

For the longest time, I've wanted to create my own universe of stories set in a galaxy far, far away. I've toyed around with many various ideas, from rewriting Canon stories to incorporating Canon and Legends content into one setting, but enough with that. I think I can do better. In an attempt to avoid the soulless, plain, and predictable nature (in my opinion) of Disney's Star Wars, I would like to rewrite Star Wars from the very ground up. Not Legends. Not Disney. My own version of the events as they happened, decanonizing EVERYTHING with the exception of the original six movies, and revel in the experience with as whoever would like to join me on the journey.

Ideas, for the moment, are few and far between. This interest check only serves to poke at the community with a stick; to see who, and how many, would be interested in this. I personally write semi literate to advanced literate (at least one paragraph, I try to fit more in when possible), and would appreciate the same amount of effort in any who join. I don't like taking shortcuts in my writing and would like to explain everything in detail. After all, I am making my own lore.

All RPN rules apply, obviously. I may host a Discord server depending on how many respond. Also, I will be creating a new interest check when a plot for the first RP is created and fleshed out. That may take a while though. Do keep in mind that I expect everyone to respect one another, no matter their views on the current state of Star Wars. We each have things we like, and there's no shame in that. Just be respectful towards one another in general as well.

I'm interested in Old Republic settings. Like, pre-clone wars stuff. Cold War era and before. Not so much in anything newer, and definitely not anything having to do with the movies or various series.

Personally, I shy away from any derivatives of Force characters. I focus more on underworld scum and the bounty hunter/criminal element.

While I didn't like a lot of what Disney did with Star Wars in the last trilogy, I thought Rogue One and the Solo movie were pretty good. I actually quite hated the prequels, and those were before the Disney acquisition. Mostly, I like the original trilogy, and the books and comics. To that end, Legends lore is unquestioningly superior to canonical stuff. I'm not even that hot on the Mandalorian series, and I was a big Mando fan up until Disney went and fucked that up for me, too.

For the record, my opinion on Star Wars might be a little different from a younger crowd, as I grew up watching the original trilogy on VHS. And let's not forget about the Ewok movies. The prequels didn't even come out until I was in highschool.

Last edited:
I would be interested. I love the first six movies and old Republic ear stuff. I've only been apart of one Star Wars roleplay before; sadly it didn't last long. Though I would still love to use the character I made for it, and I don't mind helping out with world building and plot ideas.

Thanks for the replies everybody! I wasn't exactly sure about throwing this out there. It was kind of a shot in the dark, lol.

I thought Rogue One and the Solo movie were pretty good.
I agree. I liked the both of them (still think Solo doesn't deserve the hate it gets), and they did their job in filling the gaps pretty well imo.

I'm interested in Old Republic settings. Like, pre-clone wars stuff. Cold War era and before.
Unfortunately I'm not all too familiar with the Old Republic era, as much as I would like to dive into it. At the moment, I'd like to get a feel for what it is that I'll (we will) be creating—flesh out the basics and get a taste of how far, creative wise, we can take things. Hopefully at one point we'll be able to branch off into the Old Republic, but I'm not sure how our version of that era will follow the one you know.

Though I would still love to use the character I made for it, and I don't mind helping out with world building and plot ideas.
I would be a fool to turn down the help! There's a lot of work that needs to be done in that department. Also in general, I'd love to hear character ideas!

Feel free to PM me if you wish. I might have to search around for the old CS I had... but having a character already made might help build upon other ideas. Honestly that is what ends up happening most often for my own world building. Start with a single character and then build outwards, but thats just me.

I admit to not knowing alot about star wars but I've always enjoyed the concept of it. Aliens, laser swords, space tech, vague magic...

But so long as no one bullies me for not knowing what race jar jar is or why only one guy gets a purple light saber id be down to join

I admit to not knowing alot about star wars but I've always enjoyed the concept of it. Aliens, laser swords, space tech, vague magic...

But so long as no one bullies me for not knowing what race jar jar is or why only one guy gets a purple light saber id be down to join
JarJar is a trash-tier character anyway. We can all happily forget he ever existed. The franchise will be better for it.

I believe the theory he was supposed to be some big bad in disguise but Lucas cut it out after the fact

Most of what I think is important to know will be in the Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy. Outside of that, everything else will be explained in a good amount of detail. I'm sure that whoever else joins, when the time to rp starts, as well as myself would be more than happy to help you out in that department!

call me intrigued!
Your name is now intrigued on my list of interested people...

I actually liked Jar-Jar as a kid. He became annoying (and a little offensive in hindsight) as I got older. But his memes and legacy are hilarious to me still.

im alive glad its the weekend lol you?
I don't see weekends the same as other ppl, as I very commonly work on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Just another day for me. Though, I actually DO have today off.
I actually liked Jar-Jar as a kid. He became annoying (and a little offensive in hindsight) as I got older. But his memes and legacy are hilarious to me still.
A lot of the characters in the prequels were pretty offensive, actually. The Gungans basically took on the stereotype of Bayou hicks, the Federation aliens sounded like stereotyped Asians AND had slanted eyes to boot. And Watto basically talked like a stereotyped Jew, and he was greedy and stingy. They even gave him a big nose and later put on the little hat that mimicked those antisemite depictions. In retrospect, the prequels were racist as fuck. j/s

Unfortunately I'm not all too familiar with the Old Republic era, as much as I would like to dive into it. At the moment, I'd like to get a feel for what it is that I'll (we will) be creating—flesh out the basics and get a taste of how far, creative wise, we can take things. Hopefully at one point we'll be able to branch off into the Old Republic, but I'm not sure how our version of that era will follow the one you know.
Depending on what kind of timeline we are looking at, I might still be interested in participating. My interest is more in Hutt Space and the Outer Rim because they tend to keep separate from most of the major narrative. So if I can feasibly detach my character away from the politics and wars that happened in a more recent timeline, I could still fit in the kind of character I want to play as.

Last edited:
I can see it for the Gungans. Not sure about the other ones though lol.

But thankfully most creators are more careful of their designs nowadays. As a kid I still enjoyed the movies and universe. As an adult I've really grown to like the more complex politics of the prequels. The slow showing of the fall of a Republic to an Empire is shown really well in those three movies.

I can see it for the Gungans. Not sure about the other ones though lol.

But thankfully most creators are more careful of their designs nowadays. As a kid I still enjoyed the movies and universe. As an adult I've really grown to like the more complex politics of the prequels. The slow showing of the fall of a Republic to an Empire is shown really well in those three movies.
I wasn't a fan of the prequels. The politics are exactly what bored me than and still bores me now. And then the movies were way over the top in later iterations (the hyper Yoda fight scene was overkill). Episode One had SO many scenes involving senators debating and politiking, it was.... yawn. And the actor they chose for young Anakin... yeesh! I think the only redeeming factor was Darth Maul, who had like three lines for the entire movie. And he was effectively dead for years until they brought him back in one of the animated series. Also, I saw a lot of other girls, usually younger than me, that were all gaga over Hayden Christensen. And I was like... "meh".

Anyhow, I know this really doesn't paint me as much of a Star Wars fan. But I really am. As I said before, I enjoyed a lot of the books and comics. Old Republic timeline is my jam. But I mean like OLD Old Republic. The stuff in Episode One is like the end of it. I like the stuff from WAY back, 3000 years and further. I played various video games, and I even used to have the original (unaltered) trilogy on VHS. I used to watch the Ewok movies with my cousins when I'd vist them because they had those on vhs. I even had a few of the action figures from the 90's, though I think I gave them to one of my aunts. She makes a Star Wars themed Christmas tree and hangs them up as ornaments.

Last edited:
I’d be down for this! I’ve got a pretty intermediate knowledge of the star wars universe, though I don’t know much about the prequels era.

Anyhow, I know this really doesn't paint me as much of a Star Wars fan. But I really am.
I'm nitpicky about a lot of little stuff when it comes to Star Wars. I think a lot of things can boil down to personal preference and what you enjoy, especially Star Wars.

I'm nitpicky about a lot of little stuff when it comes to Star Wars. I think a lot of things can boil down to personal preference and what you enjoy, especially Star Wars.
I like Star Wars for a lot of things. But the things I don't really care for are the Jedi/Sith and general "Force" stuff. I love OG Mandalorians like the Taung. And the Bounty hunter narrative like back when Boba Fett was signature for keeping his identity concealed. Before they gave him a face in Attack of the Clones as Jango. I have the Darkhorse comics of Boba. Yes, Dark Horse. Not Marvel. Star Wars is traditionally Marvel comics, so the Boba Fett ones I have under the Dark Horse label are a bit of a rarity. Anyways, his shtick was that he always kept his face hidden. His identity a secret. This was a Boba Fett thing. NOT a Mandalorian thing, and they totally ripped that notion off in the series. Anyhow, so I hate how he now has a known face and identity.

Aside from Mandalorians, I also like stuff with the Hutts and their cartel clans, and all the underworld stuff. The last OC i made for a Star Wars setting was a pirate in the outer rim that worked loosely for one of the Hutt clans. Basically, I'm into Star Wars for the Scum and Villainy, and not the Space Wizards. I generally don't engage in a narrative with characters of the Sith or Jedi persuasion.

Last edited:
I’m actually not very into Star Wars a whole bunch, but there are aspects I like. While I can see most people hate the jedi/sith force stuff, I like when it’s done in a more mystical sense, less colored light and more ritualistic mysticism. I’m also a big fan of when it’s not governments and politics, but more adventure. Something like The Librarians in Space. I’d love to join for that reason.

I’m actually not very into Star Wars a whole bunch, but there are aspects I like. While I can see most people hate the jedi/sith force stuff, I like when it’s done in a more mystical sense, less colored light and more ritualistic mysticism. I’m also a big fan of when it’s not governments and politics, but more adventure. Something like The Librarians in Space. I’d love to join for that reason.
most people don't hate the jedi and sith stuff. That's just me. lmao

The jedi and sith stuff is actually the big draw to the fandom for most people. it's what makes Star Wars, Star Wars.

What is The Librarians?

most people don't hate the jedi and sith stuff. That's just me. lmao

The jedi and sith stuff is actually the big draw to the fandom for most people. it's what makes Star Wars, Star Wars.

What is The Librarians?
An older TV Show that was kind of like a more modern Indiana Jones but with ethical consumption and more magic/folklore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back