• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interest Check - V20 (Vampire the Masquerade) [Forum] [Dice]

PirateLexi

All Hail Cthulhu
So just to throw this out there, because I've been digging through the book and it really makes me squee to have found out they're doing this, would there be a lot of interest in playing a V20 game?

The game would be set in modern day Louisville, KY, and not only the themes of the game but also preferably the PCs would be based around music (not the music itself, but the themes from a song), such as say you wanted to make a character based on Vast, Pretty When You Cry (as an example :tongue:). You could very easily make a Ventrue who only feeds on pretty women, or some such. Would prefer approval but the music choice can come from any band/artist for your characters.

It would be Camarilla only, though some exceptions can be made on a case by case basis per bloodlines or antitribu. Your character would be a freshly embraced vampire, and the backstory is all yours right up until such time as you'd be released from your Sire's care. I'm looking for 4-6 players, and MAY be persuaded for a 7th if you can come up with a really amazing concept that I'm just thrilled about.

As an example, the main theme for the first part of the game:

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting... Most of the vamp games I've tried pettered out before they got any steam and I've always wanted to play in one that didn't

Well to be honest, I'd probably set it in Louisville because that's the biggest city I know personally (which makes it a lot easier to set a game in, lemme tell you :D ), and it would be a Camarilla run city, and if people were up for it, I'd actually like to give a whirl at something an old ST of mine did that was really awesome (his game was VTR but meh :P ), and that's to base the game and everyone's PCs around songs. His choice was that we made characters based on songs from Queens of the Stone Age, and that worked out pretty well. If I had my choice, I'd go with Vast, though I'd want some input from the players as well.

Sounds Interesting, 'though I'm afraid No One Knows is the only Queens of the Stone Age song I'm familiar with (Nosferatu or Malkavian I suppose?)

I don't know about that... I'm not much of a music fan and I haven't even heard of the band Vast, but I could see a character based on Supertramp's The Logical Song.

Also just to ask, would the people's interested find it better to play as experienced characters or fresh off the boat? Or embrace in this case.

Mmm, I'm half tempted to make a character based on a song based on vampires. Moar meta!

vinom said:
I don't know about that... I'm not much of a music fan and I haven't even heard of the band Vast, but I could see a character based on Supertramp's The Logical Song.
There's a band named Vast? That's an awfully generic name, in my opinion.

Anyways, I'll vote for "Fresh off the boat/embrace" or a bit more than that. While I am familiar with WoD, I don't have a lot of familiarity with actual play.

Also,I do find the idea of character concepts inspired by songs from a band an interesting exercise... Provided the group can make their minds on which one.

Well if you three or four peeps are interested, then that's cool. I'd like to have no more than 4-6 characters anyway. :D

I show my interest strongly!

I have yet to pick a song- but perhaps...

The Animal (Disturbed) for a Gangrel...

Or, perhaps... Serpentine (Disturbed) for a Tremere..

Or maybe- I HAVE LOTS OF IDEAS.

Haha well for anyone interested, shoot me a concept and let's see what we can come up with :)

If you need any information about the city, just ask lol

Madmal said:
There's a band named Vast? That's an awfully generic name, in my opinion.
While you're not wrong—it even stands for the more-generic-yet "Visual Audio-Sensory Theater"—I must argue that you're pretty when you're mine.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdDts3rsdzE[/media]

...also, while I don't plan to play, I did buy the Dancing Ferret Discs VtM compilation album when it came out, so I'd be happy to suggest songs.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]While you're not wrong—it even stands for the more-generic-yet "Visual Audio-Sensory Theater"—I must argue that you're pretty when you're mine.
...also, while I don't plan to play, I did buy the Dancing Ferret Discs VtM compilation album when it came out, so I'd be happy to suggest songs.

[/QUOTE]
The music is quite awesome though :3 especially that video.

I'm trying to find a song about /loyalty/... I intend to take my Sire as a Three or Four Dot Mentor, and have my Character be...

Well, hopelessly infatuated with her, in a big way; in a not-so healthy, way, maybe. Definitely going to be loyal to the Camarilla and all, so.... Hr- Ooh!

[media]

[/media]
Sick Love? Hrm..... Not sure about that one- or maybe..

((Looking for a Rock'N'Roll Lovesong of sorts to base a Character around..))

Or- how about this.... Hopelessly in love- but is afraid of her making her just like a Mini-Me of her sire... despite loving her sire, not wanting to be just like her- but feeling it happening more and more anyway...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2REZSj4XnE[/media]

Orrr...

Yeah. I like the second more, actually- hrm... I mean, it's the same /basic/ idea, but- the second song seems.. to just fit more.

SephirothSage said:
I'm trying to find a song about /loyalty/... I intend to take my Sire as a Three or Four Dot Mentor, and have my Character be...
Well, hopelessly infatuated with her, in a big way; in a not-so healthy, way, maybe. Definitely going to be loyal to the Camarilla and all, so....

Or- how about this.... Hopelessly in love- but is afraid of her making her just like a Mini-Me of her sire... despite loving her sire, not wanting to be just like her- but feeling it happening more and more anyway...
[media]

[/media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back