• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Interest Check: Superpower RP?

NessieAlways

da bomb diggity
Hi there! I'm looking to start a small RP about character with superpowers.

*In case the title wasn't obvious enough*

Now before you go off on some crazy overpowered character, there's a catch.

Idea: A group of characters are gifted with a superpower at birth in order to come together one day and save the world from *Insert world ending event here*. However these characters grow up without proper guidance(Abusive/neglectful parents. No Parents etc.) and they become spoiled and begin to use their superpower for useless and selfish things (Ex. Power: Super strength//Uses: Show off at the gym). When time comes for these characters to come together and stop the evil world ending event, they must first learn to trust each other, overcome their spoiled attitudes and use their superpowers correctly. Will they be able to form a team before the world ending event occurs or will their differences get the better of them and cause the end of the world?

Questions? Comments? Concerns? PM me or write below!

Anyone Interested?

Woo! Glad you guys are interested!

Any ideas what this world ending event could be?

I had some thoughts, but now that I think about it they all sound cheesy.

Aliens? Maybe some ancient force that was present long before humanity and was awakened on accident by some sort of archaeological dig? Maybe tie in an ancient civilization that foretold of these heroes and their victory over this force?

Oh oh!!

What if :

There's a distant planet in the universe called *insert name here*. The planet was like a second Earth, but due to some chemical composition, the people there had superpowers. Like we have out government, the people from this second Earth have a council that looks over the residents of the entire planet. The second Earth lived in peace and harmony until an evil ruler from another planet declared a war against them. The second Earth wasn't as powerful as the evil planet so the war wasn't in their favor. After several battle plans and strategies, the council decided to seek The Wise One so he could aid them in defeating the Evil Planet's Army. It took days for the Council to search for The Wise One, but when they found him, he told them the prophecy of the children with superpowers. The Wise One said that they would be marked with a crescent moon symbol in the back of their necks. Upon hearing this the council sent troops to look through every house and find these children. Once all the houses were searched and all the children found the council kept them and their families safe within their headquarters. But despise their efforts to fight back against the Evil Planet's Army, the second Earth was being destroyed. The Council agreed to send the children and their families to their sister planet. When the children were being boarded on the ship to Earth, the Evil Planet's Army attacked the Council. It was a bloody fight, with no survivors, except the children who were sent away moments before the Evil Planet's Army could destroy them. However the Evil Planet's Army did not stay behind since they too sent someone after the children in order to kill them.

When the children arrived to Earth they were found abandoned in the fields by an elderly couple. Not being able to care for the children, the elderly couple called the government and the children became part of the system and were separated. Shortly after the Killer from the Evil Planet's Army arrived and began his/her quest to finish them.

Ta da! Background story!

Oh boy, you asked the right person. :D

Evil Planet - HR Cerphei 4, has 4 large inhabitable moons, Serath, Oni, Den, and Frathen

People/Aliens from HR Cerphei 4 are called Cerpheians

Earth Like Planet - Detrath GS8, has 8 moons, Lenrath, Akim, Lino, Pilinx, Derik, Venih, Genget, and Reich.

People from Detrath are Detrathians.

Is our Earth going to be in it too?

Lol I bet you were just waiting for me to ask for opinions =P

and yes Earth will be the setting Since the second Earth planet was destroyed, but it'll just be plain old Earth with 1 moon called...moon. 
I'll take the names into consideration and figure out how to mesh all ideas into one =)

....... vat would ze Cerpheians look like? And could I play as one? :D  
Would they look like the Vasari? The Tau? Tyranids? Protoss?

SirDerpingtonIV said:
....... vat would ze Cerpheians look like? And could I play as one? :D  
Would they look like the Vasari? The Tau? Tyranids? Protoss?
Hmm up to you...although I would like for them to have a human appearance as well just so they could fit in one Earth.

Question before I start making the thread...

For Appearance would you guys prefer Written, Anime, or Realistic?

Idea: A group of characters are gifted with a superpower at birth in order to come together one day and save the world from *Insert world ending event here*. However these characters grow up without proper guidance(Abusive/neglectful parents. No Parents etc.) and they become spoiled and begin to use their superpower for useless and selfish things (Ex. Power: Super strength//Uses: Show off at the gym). When time comes for these characters to come together and stop the evil world ending event, they must first learn to trust each other, overcome their spoiled attitudes and use their superpowers correctly. Will they be able to form a team before the world ending event occurs or will their differences get the better of them and cause the end of the world?

Anyone Interested?
I am highly interested in participating in this storyline, and have several characters from which I could choose, i would choose whichever one works best with the story. None of my characters are overpowered of any suit.

Not sure if you still have spots open but I'm definitely interested, I think this could go places.

Anyone Interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back