• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Interest Check : Revolution RP

Punkie

Gaymer Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Check out this Pinterest board I made for the idea!
It might help set the mood for you in mind. Note that it's not ll violent and action, in fact most of it probably won't be, but you get the idea of the feel.

Hi, I'm Punk, and I'm a university student with lots of writing ideas floating in my head. Most of them I keep to myself and write them out as personal pieces, but this one I felt like might be fun to try out with a group if I could get interested parties.

I want to quickly note that this would be a LITERATE rp, so please don't read further if you won't be able to put out some good paragraphs.

Essentially, I'd like to imagine sometime in the future where the U.S. government slowly turns more and more unjust, maybe even close to the lines of becoming a dystopian society, and at some point the people finally fight back. Imagine it being gritty, think of the photos where people stand screaming in front of SWAT members, street medics, anarchists and people who use all their might to fight back.

I'd like to imagine that each one of the U.S. States creates their own factions of revolutionists; ideally, each state has people who survived and is fighting back, and those people all band together for one large group/faction/clan or whatever you want to refer to it as. Each one probably has a leader, and each state probably has it's own unique sets of skills depending on where they're from. [For example; northern states are going to be more apt to understand how to handle the cold, such as driving on it or using it as a point of advantage in a fight, etc.].

I'd like to imagine each group is very different -one state might be gritty and mean like old school punks, one state might be a group that's usually gentle and peaceful, who are attempting to learn how to approach this revolution, some states might be more mischievous, etc. The point is that while the ongoing theme is that there's a gritty revolution against the government, every group of people reacts to it in different ways. While it's fun to imagine everyone banding together with the common idea of just fighting back, it's more likely that everyone will have different approaches, different ideas, different ways of handling things. Though, I do still imagine that everyone would band together and fight together nonetheless.

For this idea, I wanted to establish some relationships between a handful of different states, but in different settings. For example; two states are meeting for the first time somewhere north, and helping each other escape from some kind of prison. Somewhere in the west, there's three states currently trying to hold onto their states in a violent battle with some SWAT members, and it's not looking too good for them. While these connections are being made in their relative locations, they're happening separately from each other. As in, the states forming an alliance in the north are forming their own connections with each other, but are completely unaware of who the states are in the west fighting their war.

I would love to do something like this in perhaps a discord server, or I could figure out a way to format it on here if people would be more interested. If it were on discord, I could make a server where there are many different channels, each one a different location relevant to the plotline. Ideally, a bunch of separate relationships would be formed, and then as the RP goes on, more people meet up and get together, intertwining their own individual stories with each other.

Imagine in one channel, New York gets captured and put into jail. In another channel, belonging to Vermont, gets word of what happened in New York, and decides to go out there and break them out. Meanwhile, in another channel, the states of Texas, New Jersey and Indiana all decided that they wanted to go to California after hearing word that there's a safe haven there, and all three states eventually meet in the same channel/location as they travel to Cali.

It seems like it might be a confusing concept, but if people are interested, I can explain further and figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back