• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interest Check - Retired Monster Hunters Running An Inn [Forum] [Dice]

The Fuzz

Staberinde
This would be a Crucible game, set in a town in the mountains, occupying the only clear valley passage between north and south for a hundred miles in either direction.

You guys would be monster hunters who decided not to get eaten by something terrible, and got out of the game while you're ahead. Instead, you're running a pub, selling beer, liquor, food and rooms to travelers, merchants, nobles, young monster hunters and adventurers and heretics and such going out to do brave deeds and get devoured/disemboweled.

@Grey, @Silvertongued, you guys were asking for it. Put your money where your mouth is.

Five players max, please.

How about this:

He goes by Thau, whatever his name used to be. Skin lined and tanned like old leather stretched over muscle - he's still out there every morning, going through the forms, keeping fit. Green eyes without a bit of warmth to them. Iron-gray hair tied in a high knot. Sometimes you can see the tips of the tattoos poking out over his clothes. He drinks more than he talks, and works as a bouncer at the inn. Sometimes he'll spout koans or proselytize a little, but for the most part he's quiet and practical.

Ooh, ooh......

I would like in, please. I'll be happy to enforce the Adventurer Security Deposit.

"Right, lads, we'll have to charge you extra, but you'll get it all back once nothing gets broken."

What Unbridled said.

As soon as I finish statting my Evil-Dryad Communer Cohort in the other one I'm in right now.

*Shoves Pixel into the room by doing the exact same motion faster* "Hi~. I have a cross-dressing elven barkeeper who's a skilled pyrotechnician I like to whip out in these scenarios. Of course once I read the rules, I may want to tool around with something else....muahahaha..."

Uh, right. Crucible....is not the kind of setting where you find cross dressing elven pyrotechnicians.

Someone who prefers to dress and act as the other gender and who has an interest in chemistry? Sure.

Definitely in. That said, you'll have to give me a wee bit to decide who my character is. I've already got something formative, but I need a little longer.

Would love to play my hand, if you'd have me. Been wanting to actually play Crucible for ages now.

A great bear of a man, fully of jollity and a million stories of adventure. Tends to the grounds of the inn, keeps the garden, hews wood for the evening fires. Carries a hammer as tall as his six-and-a-half foot frame. Often seen contemplatively stroking his beard and looking to the west when on a small break and allowed his thoughts. Smells of wildflowers and the barest hint of copper; loves his meat rare and his songs ribald. Enjoys books and the quiet talk of a night. Called excessively romantic by some of the inn's usual suspects, but distant and vaguely disturbed when caught unawares.

The Inn's freindly neighborhood Bard/Torchbearer, who likes to spend his elder years relaxing by the fireside, spinning yarns, singing songs, and playing music for younger generations to listen to. Nevermind that he acted as support for god-knows-how-long to the rest of the Bar-crew, and half his tales are about his own band of comrades.

Hmmm.

Okay, so, guidelines: retired monster hunters. Not necessarily old, but monster hunting is a young-ish person's game.

No magi, diabolists, witches, full blown vampires, that sort of thing. Everybody would have begun as standard issue human, and either remained that way, or returned to that state, having relinquished the most demanding/extreme of their Monster Hunter class features.

Grey's idea was for a disgraced Monk whose tattoos no longer grant blessings. Other ideas include: Freelancer who decided to get out of the game before they got old, slow, and delicious. Defrocked Inquisitor who no longer bears holy weapons, but maybe still has contacts. Bloodhunter who reached the end of that road, faced the decision to become what they hunt or let it go, and chose to detox and become human again. Alchemist, possibly with some kind of crippling injury which means that they're not up to hunting monsters in the field anymore. Spiritseer....maybe. Old Spiritseers get really fucking weird and scary.

You don't have to stat up your characters yet, but when you do, take 27 XP to represent the fact that you've been around. (In Crucible, numbers which can divide by three are good numbers for XP.) I will also throw your background Skill or other bonuses at you before you stat, so you know what you have to work with.

Grey, Silvertongued, Pixel, Alexandra, Unbridled Originality, PM me some concepts and backstories?

Sorry about tight spots, other players. Let me think.

In any case, I'm not gonna set up a forum for this until after the site merge this weekend, but by the time I do, characters can be made and statted.

I like the ex-Inquisitor idea; working on something as we speak......

He may or may not have visited Lama at one point, depending on how useful you think it might be.

Hookay. I'll have the concept up soon. Statting may potentially have to wait till possibly late Monday if that's at all okay, as we're heading home tomorrow morning and there's that great big bloody pond in the way of internet connection.

:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back