• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Crimson King

Return to the Earth.
Ok, so, I really only have a general idea of what I wanna do with this, that being: a group of senior-year high school students, probably a sort of friend group with mutual interest in the supernatural and other such similar topics, decide to undergo an occult ‘game’ that will apparently allow them to see past ‘the Veil’, or what separates their reality from all others. They go through with it and do actually see something; that something being an inter-dimensional prison, and when you gaze into the void, sometimes the void stares right back, a prisoner within the confines of the facility able to see the group of kids too, staging a scheme to break out, which eventually succeeds. The kids are later pulled into the prison, to be made responsible for the peephole they looked through, now a door into their reality. They are made junior disciplinary officers and are granted ‘Guardians’, which is where the weird Persona-type stuff comes in. The Guardians choose their ‘Ward’ depending on the ‘contents of their heart’ which had a lot to do with their personality, and their character, so a Guardian and their Ward will be strikingly similar, even if the Ward doesn’t quite realize it at first; (a Guardian would theoretically become stronger if their Ward fully accepted everything their Guardian represents).

But, yeah, that’s the gist of it. Kids open a would-be portal, it’s to a prison, prisoners break out, kids are made responsible, they get spooky ghost guardian powers and then fight for justice in a monster-of-the-week style (there being more laid back events in the ‘real world’ where the kids can relax and get their bearings, or just be kids. I’m down for platonic and romantic relationships between characters).

I called the prison ‘Tartarus’ in the original Discord roleplay (it did not do well, in case you’re wondering) but I’m open to ideas on anything else, cuz’ I honestly think that name’s kinda lame, now that I’ve thought about it.

Sweet! Was not expecting this many people, haha.. I’ll see about making an OOC thread soon, and then I’ll get to making another for Characters hopefully not long after.

Edit: Here’s the OOC thread.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this! I'll try getting around making a character in the next days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back