• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Interest Check - Mythrallia: The Celestial War

Would you be interested in joining this roleplay?

• Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably.

• Probably not...

• No.

• Total voters

Haruhi Suzumiya

An Adorable Entity

(NOTE: This isn't everything to do with the roleplay! It's almost everything, since it's not entirely finished. Keep in mind there's still things to be added, since this is an interest check and the concept isn't entirely polished! Anything can change to fit what you, the players, want!)

The land of Mythrallia. It truly is a magnificent place, filled with wonderful people, beautiful landscapes and peculiar wildlife... And now machines have finally entered the fray.

Within the central city of Peridot, which holds the lands surrounding together politically, rumors of a usurper among the Empire's greatest were spreading. No one knew who it was or why anyone would say such terrible things about some of the most powerful people in the world... Until disaster struck.

The Peridotian Military Commander, known only as Blade, rallied the entire Peridotian army against Peridot in an attempt to take the city for himself - The attempt succeeded with the Emperor being killed, any resistance getting assimilated into the military (Likely to be killed in private later) or killed on the spot. Very few incredibly lucky people were exiled or their lives were spared. However, after the takeover, many citizens lived on, albeit with much lower quality lives. Almost everyone was in poverty, as taxes werre raised by Blade for military enhancement.

The surrounding nations haven't dared making a move against Peridot to save it from its new ruler, knowing what would happen to them should they resist, and as a result they live in fear of destruction... But a great evil looms over the whole situation. Why did Blade suddenly take over Peridot, literally overnight, and why did almost every single soldier in Peridot agree unwaveringly and unquestioningly to serve him rather than defend their home?

---

The Five Nations

---

Peridot is a bustling nation of commerce and trading due to it being in the dead center of Mythrallia, and its military is not one to be reckoned with. Its dungeons are famous for breaking every criminal to enter it, which ensures everyone that sets foot in the nation avoids breaking any laws.​

Peridotians are known for their strength and endurance, making them natural soldiers. They can tote heavy armor and weapons like they weigh nothing, but they aren't the most intelligent people (They're still far from stupid, though). They cannot use magic, but they cannot be affected by weak magic, either, making their only worries physical in most combat situations.

In short: Peridotians are tough, bulky and best suited to Warrior-like roles.

---

Saphira is the ocean nation to the east. It's known as the Adventurer's Graveyard because of its uncharted (And unchartable) ocean which no man has ever returned from. However, it's also known as the Nation of Arcane due to its great library of magical knowledge.

Saphirans are clever, skilled with magic and are generally rather small. The men usually reach about 5'6 on average, but more than half of the women among the Saphirans do not grow past 5'. However, Saphirans are known far and wide as very beautiful people, with their ocean blue eyes, bright hair and shapely figures. They are typically kind and forgiving people, and while many mock them for that, almost everyone has been saved by the kindness of a Saphiran at one point in their lives.

In short: Saphirans are best suited as scholars and magic users.

---

Sylphione dominates the land's southern forest, and is dotted with many elegant towns and not-so-elegant tribal villages. One incredibly large oriental-style city far to the south of Sylphione is where the Queen of Sylphione resides, and is the one dominating force that the other settlements, crude and refined alike, answer to.

Sylphs are interesting creatures. The women are generally dominant over men, and typical gender roles are usually swapped (Not to mention made more extreme). Their feelings of pain are completely reversed: Gentle touches, if they are mixed with intents of harm, will hurt a Sylph more than a stab from a blade or bludgeon from a hammer - But gentle touches without the intent of inflicting serious pain will, rather than injure the Sylph, be amplified to about four times the regular effect. Sylphs are precise and gentle people, placing close second in mechanical inclination next to Eosans. Their silver tongues, fast minds and light steps make them well-suited to most things, but very few can call themselves masters of anything.

In short: Sylphs can do just about anything you want them to do, but they can rarely perfect any art they pursue.

---

Eosa is the desert land found to the north. Pits of quicksand, ancient ruins supposedly made by gods and bandit camps are commonly found. Surprisingly water is actually not a rarity in Eosa, and the largest city in Eosa is pierced through the center by the largest river in the area - Beside the largest city is the second largest lake in Mythrallia.

Eosans are the people known for their great advancements in technology and their great efforts toward industrialization, and many other races use their technology in their everyday lives. They are often quite strong people, known to be hardy survivors, and the men and women are often of very similar heights (Very close to but usually not above 6'). Many priests and priestesses of the sun god, Eos, can be found among this race - Priests of Eos or those blessed by a priest or priestess of Eos can be easily distinguished by their ashen gray skin and pupils.

In short: Eosans are strong though not quite as bulky as Peridotians, and they have close ties with Eos (Obviously).

---

To the west is Thophaz, the most peculiar of the five nations. It's known for its extensive history with other nations, both with spreading its bountiful resources to the other nations and defending other nations when they can't defend themselves. However, as of late it's been under heavy inluence from Peridot, presumably because of Peridot's new leadership putting it into a chokehold, which has forced it to cut off all trade relations with every nation save for Peridot. Its citizens have additionally taken a hit when it came to wealth - Since it's giving most of its resources to Peridot in fear of being attacked, Thophaz's citizens have been taxed much more heavily as a result, so much of Thophaz's citizens have very little personal wealth, and some people have been disappearing for unexplained reasons...

Thophazians aren't naturally very strong or particularly good at anything at all, but what makes up for that is the ability to improve over twice as fast at everything they do compared to the other races. They're capable of powerful magic with half the training it normally takes from most other races (Save for the Saphirans, who are naturally skilled in magic), they can build enough muscle to go toe-to-toe with the average Peridotian in a few months (But afterwards it takes years of work to improve), and they have near eidetic memories - The only problem is, many Thopazians lack the initiative to even consider working hard enough to use their incredible potential and are content to live normal lives.

In sort of short: Thophazians aren't very good at anything without training, but if you gave one a week and a sword, they could probably hold their own against a skilled swordsman for a minute or two, so long as they had motivation to actually do it.

---

The Two Deities

---

Eos, God of the Sun, is worshiped by many - He's known primarily as the God of Power and Victory, so many pray to him before battle. He is frequently depicted as a tall, golden-skinned man that leaves a trail of ash behind him as he walks, and it is said that touching Eos will turn you to ash. However, since no one has ever touched let alone seen Eos, no one can prove that.

Selene, Goddess of the Moon, is worshiped primarily by magic users. She's most known as the Goddess of Courage and Elegance, making and she's been additionally given the title of 'Hero's Deity' for being the Goddess of Courage. She is often depicted as a pale, silver-haired woman.

---

If you like my idea, please let me know. I've put quite a lot of work into this, and I want to know if anyone else likes this idea as much as I do. PLEASE, vote honestly! If you vote, I'll have a more accurate idea of how many people will actually join!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good question. Excuse me for a few hours while I think of where I was going with this...

Right. You, as the player, would either be a part of one of the resistances sprouting up against Peridot's ever-growing military (Said resistance would have to be started in-character, as the roleplay is set to start a few days after Peridot is taken over by Blade and resistances in Peridot would have been quelled already) or you would play the part of one of the Peridotian soldiers, or maybe you could just play as an independent agent of sorts that's fighting both sides, or a mercenary for one side (Doesn't have a true allegiance and potentially flops between sides over the course of the roleplay). Really, I don't plan to limit the players all that much, only to add a sense of direction - Making your question a brilliant one.

Thank you. Any other questions?

I'm actually not sure... See, I want to keep the roleplay as on-track as possible, since my sandbox-ish roleplays often don't get that far, but at the same time I want to allow freedom. I'm thinking a mix between the two - Some set goals will be imposed (Go to x, talk to y, stab z, take w, etc), but in between those goals (For example, while traveling or while resting in a town), the players will be free to do what they want, so long as it doesn't ruin the roleplay, like killing everyone in the roleplay while they're sleeping or something.

Does that sound good, maybe, or should I change things?

Goals are a wonderful thing.One more question. In regards to the setting, what type of setting is it? I'm guessing a sort of medieval with magic? And what kinds of magic? Is there a system to magic?

The setting is medieval with magic, yes, and a hint of steampunk because technology is just appearing. In terms of the magic, I haven't quite devised a fully-fledged system, but I have a good idea of what I want to do. For example, instead of specific spells, elements can be learned and used to varying degrees of strength, potency and can be used in different ways depending on the user's magical capabilities as well as the user's race's magical capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back