• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interest check! looking to start a "Fantasy/Nation-building" RPG!

For the population of my colony I choose.....

70 springborn

35 hunt elves

15 Hearth elves

6 winterborn

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]30 men? Ok then, SEND IN THE WOMEN!

[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAAHAH

Leusis said:
For the population of my colony I choose.....
70 springborn

35 hunt elves

15 Hearth elves

6 winterborn
Splendid. Of your 6 winterborn:

Two are Veteran Warriors, walking the martial paths even longer than you have. They stood with you in the fighting pits, and are well-sung in the stories of your people. Both seldom speak, one out of perfection of his discipline to blend into the wood, the others quiet is to bear an honor to your people's fallen -- as they can no longer sing. (Both of them write fantastic reconnaissance reports and are good at following your instructions -- they're just not very talkative company.)

one is a musician of epic quality, who keeps much of the oral traditions of related wood elves.

another is an accomplished herbalist and medicinal healer.

(These two are likely your best candidates as counselors as there is much wisdom and experience remembered in the songs, and any wood elf herbalist is known just as well for their knowledge of lore, as many of the greatest ingredients are adventures in themselves to acquire.

the last two (a coupled pair) are expert tree-singers -- able to shape living wood for the purpose of housing or craft, to make bridges of living root, to make dwellings that coexist with nature rather than be carved out of it. Your people do not NEED such dwellings, but they might need them to be truly happy.

Of your Hearth Elves: With human proficiency they could fill a wide variety of jobs, but there is special aptitude among your workforce for tree-singing (and plant cultivation), baking, pottery, and the craft of natural materials (fabrics, woods, furs and skins.) These are just the talents you know of that are well represented, other tasks or skills may be drawn from your talent pool as they present themselves.

Among your Hunt elves every one of them are (as stated above) expert hunters, scouts, trackers, and archers. Most are also very accomplished with a variety of blades, with some empty-hand fighting abilities, and some talents in intrusion and stealth in varied environments (not just woods)... there are also some appreciable skills as fishers and trappers... but as stated, this isn't a definitive list.

Of the springborn most have not developed any singular expertise, at least not to the level an elf would appreciate. You or your delegates will have to guide them, or circumstances will dictate the paths they must choose.

Just an FYI: we almost have 3 players fully fleshed out -- when that happens, (thank you Deth for the suggestion) I'll PM you guys a form where you can succinctly post whatever information you want me (and the rest of the group) to know about your faction and character and shortly after that the game can begin. If another player besides Deth, Leusis, and Icerex presents themselves with their starting choices soon they'll likely make it for the "First boats over" when we start the game. After that, if the game moves fast (or slow) enough to merit additional players, new factions may arrive as immigrants. :D

I'm glad we're rapidly moving past logistics and may very soon be playing our game in earnest!

IF YOU ARE A PROSPECTIVE PLAYER AND WANT TO THROW IN:

Just like the other players so far, give a loose description of the type of character you want to play (class/archetype/backstory) and the kind of race of settlers you want to lead. A pretty broad list of prospective races is available earlier in the thread.

Presently we have a Primarily militant human faction with sympathies to the Old World Order,

A larger human faction mostly composed of rebels, exiles, undesirables, and criminals,

and a sizeable minority population of wood elves, the ways of whom remain somewhat mysterious. :D

Just wondering if I could get that PM form now, as I plan to write up everything my faction is currently missing. Such as their religion, views towards each race, and lore.

To answer your question Leusis -- There has been a LOT of activity on the board so far (which is spectacular and I want to encourage that) -- I'll try to cobble together the form as soon as I can. I want to make sure we maintain momentum, but I also want to make sure I pace myself. I won't drag my feet.

You think the Zealotry is strong in me? Hail Dracos Mo'Fo'. I created an order of knights to protect my religion and shoved someone else in charge so I could further my devotion.

Everybody gotta hate on wood elves, doesn't matter if its an original fantasy universe, Tolkien, or Warhammer.

Its okay, we may be fewer in number, but our guerilla warfare tactics and expert archers should keep you racists away from us at the start.

Better to be sexist and live forever than be racist and only live for 100 years max

Last edited by a moderator:
I will live forever. Dracos will take my soul and it shall survive eternally. Sadly she will do the same to yours.. damn it religion, why u not racist like me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back