• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ♡ interest check! ( f/f fairytales & more.)

ellarose

babe with the power
hello! i'm ell and i’ve been roleplaying for around 13+ years now. i’m looking to start maybe one or two more rps. first of all, here are some notes to let you know whether or not we’d get along as partners. this is going to be a bit lengthy, but i’ve found from experience that communication is important, especially in the process of finding someone to click with. i’m easygoing, but after roleplaying for so long i do have a lot of preferences when it comes to shaping my experience so it’s fun and comfortable. please read through them before contacting me if you're interested!

the basics.

- i’m 27 and looking to write with someone who's at least 20+

- please have an understanding of the site's guidelines and general roleplaying rules as a whole. (such as no god-modding, etc.) also be respectful and lgbtq+ friendly! this is non-negotiable.

-i use all lowercase ooc, but rest assured i'll use proper cases and grammar in threads. while i'm not stingy about spelling or the occasional typo by any means, i'd like to rp with someone who has a decent amount of experience. writing with someone who actively makes me want to be a better writer myself is part of the fun.

-i’m looking for a relaxed pace. i'm usually able to reply a few times a week, though i may not get around to posting every single day. (this depends on how busy i am irl, my mood, my partner’s preferred pace, and post length as well.) the same thing goes for chatting in general. i tend to shy away from a rapid fire pace, but i do try to poke in at least once a day ooc to give updates and chat. rp is a hobby, not a job. i don't want either of us to be stressing over it.

- ghost friendly! although that’s not to say i wouldn’t greatly appreciate it if you let me know when you're going to take a hiatus or if you want to call it quits— because i definitely would. there won’t be any hard feelings. sometimes it just doesn’t work out and that's okay.

- i don't have a discord and intend to keep all threads and plotting on site.

- i like to make friends with my rp partners, so it’d be nice to keep a conversation going as we write. i enjoy sketching, so i’ll probably pester you with scribbles of our characters from time to time.

- editing can be very lovely and i understand how much time and effort it takes to code! however, my eyesight is pretty terrible. if your text is a vibrant color or an incredibly small size, it'll be hard for me to read. please keep that in mind!

the writing process.

- my average length lately has been 1k words per post. if that number seems a bit daunting, don’t worry! i tend to mirror my partner to the point where i’m capable of writing more or less than that as well. i usually try to write as much as a scene demands, never pay much attention to the word count, and prefer quality over quantity. as long as i’m not getting flippant one-liners in response to paragraphs we should be golden.

- i don’t double for shipping purposes. i only write female main characters because that’s what’s most fun for me. however, that's not to say i’ll only write female characters and leave the rest up to my partner. i’ll take on any number of identities in supporting roles when necessary.

- from experience, i vastly prefer f/f when it comes to romance. i can be convinced on m/f if the dynamic is appealing enough— but just be warned that i’m very picky, haha. if you have a nb character in mind, i'm more than open to writing romance with them as well.

- i enjoy a good balance of plotting and winging the story. it’s great to have a general idea of where things are headed so they don’t fall apart, but i don’t like to map out every little detail either. character sheets are also unnecessary. i like discovering new things about my partner’s characters and their backstories as we write rather than having it all sent to me upfront.

- i’d like for the plotting process to be collaborative. please don’t push everything on me! it’s best if we’re both enthusiastic and contributing equally in moving the story along. otherwise it starts to feel like one of those group projects where i’m the one who gets stuck with all the work.

- as for genres, i enjoy a mixed bag of humor, action, adventure, drama, mystery and romance. i'm open to exploring dark themes and horror elements (we can discuss triggers one on one) but i don't necessarily want anything that's overly grim or gratuitous in violence. an excess of that sort of thing becomes really dull in my opinion. the same thing can be said for slice-of-life. i get bored with too much of one thing and appreciate a well-rounded, character-driven story with a lot of heart.

word bank.

enchanted castles. luminescent forests. twisted fairytales. cottages strewn with flowers. seafarers. siren's song. found family. witches and covens. traversing dreams and nightmares. beauty that hides something sinister at the core. curses. women who wield swords. (or any number of weapons.) hidden magic. dreams and nightmares. dancers in the snow. sneaking into the gardens at night. psychological horror. fast-paced getaways. a cozy hideout. late-night drives. walks by the ocean. flower shops. roommates. enemies to lovers. amusing banter. yearning to be free and learning how. opposites.

concepts.

-i love reimagining classic fairytales / myths / stories. (frankensteining several of them together to create something completely new works as well.) i'm open to incorporating them in modern, futuristic, or historical fantasy settings-- so these can really go in any number of directions in terms of tone and genre. some of my favorites are snow white, rapunzel, the little mermaid, swan lake, cinderella, sleeping beauty and alice in wonderland. (there are so many more, too. feel free to bring your own favorites to the table if this interests you!) side note: i’m also an absolute sap for a lost princess story.

- i've been craving mermaids and pirates by extension as of late. (lady pirates are especially appealing, haha.) it could be interesting to work the enemies to lovers dynamic in by having our characters form a temporary alliance to find treasure or the cure to a curse. another spin i've had on this idea is an angel / fairy / or avian humanoid of some kind injuring their wings and crash-landing on an airship.

- that said, most plots involving mermaids, witches, fairies, etc in some capacity are bound to win me over. i have a soft spot for writing magical characters.

- i enjoy uchikoshi’s games (especially the zero escape series!) so the idea of incorporating trippy time travel mechanics or multiple timelines in a roleplay seems interesting. i don’t have a solid idea to coincide with this yet, but i figured i’d mention it as a theme i'd be interested in. that said, i'd like anything inspired by games and such to be completely original.

- i'm always craving wholesome f/f plots, so i wouldn't be opposed to using cliche romance scenarios as foundation to build off of. like roommates, strategic fake dating that leads to something more, rivals slowly learning to work together, etc. that said, i’d like to spice those scenarios up with touches of magic realism, action, or an overarching mystery of some kind to keep things interesting.

and that's all i've got. please contact me via pm if you're interested. thanks so much for reading! <3

bump! while i'm at it, i've also been interested trying in a rom-com meets horror vibe lately? i figured i'd mention that, haha.

this all sounds superior and fun to do! i enjoy many mythical topics, including fantasy.

i’d love to plot some thing with you, and figure out many concepts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back