• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Interest Check: Everything from Nothing

Haruhi Suzumiya

An Adorable Entity
Here's the basic idea. It's incredibly basic and simple, which is because I haven't given it much thought before posting this, but I was hoping anyone interested would help me with developing this idea, should development be necessary (And to be honest, I'm not sure it is).

A group of people, of varying everythings (I'm aware that's not a word, but it gets my point across), awaken in an empty void that reaches infinitely outwards. There is absolutely nothing at first except the people. There is no way home, no way back, nothing but everything they could dream of.

Upon thinking of something, so long as said things follow a small set of rules*, that thing will appear before the person thinking of said thing. Essentially the people of this world have been given power over a dimension, they have become pioneers like none before - The group has to do only one challenging task: They must create the world. Not the world they were once in, but a new world, a better world.

*The Primary Rules

1. You cannot summon 'branded' objects. (You can't summon Pepsi, but you can summon a can of pop/soda/whateveryouliketocallit.)

2. You cannot summon humans. (This means that if someone's homesick and they want to see a family member or an old friend again, they can't.)

3. You cannot summon objects that are yet to be created. (Things that have not yet been made by man must be first made by man, in this case the group, before they can be summoned.)

4. In order for a human life to be summoned, another must be sacrificed.

5. Gluttony and Greed will be punished. (Summoning too many things for your personal needs/wants will get you in trouble.)

If you're interested, have ideas to improve the concept or have feedback of some sort, post. I'm interested in what people have to say about my (Incredibly simple) idea.

If you're interested, here's a link!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an interesting concept. :) Outside my normal comfort zone for RPing, but I'd be willing to give it a shot, and try to contribute ideas, if needed.

Would the people be able to suppress the spawning, or would anything and everything ever on their minds be created?

Spawning would be limited to things that the person actually wants to appear, so no, not everything, unless everything that came to mind was something the person wanted.

I'd like to do this as well, though I am having issues opening the link... is there anyway (that you know of) that this issue can be addressed?

I hope it's not to late to join!

nsms39 said:
I'd like to do this as well, though I am having issues opening the link... is there anyway (that you know of) that this issue can be addressed?
I hope it's not to late to join!
This died a while back and was probably marked inactive. It's archived, and this interest check should have been too.

Sorry.

You should re-do it, it seems like it would be something that could go on for quite a while if it was liked enough

I don't plan on reviving this, to be honest. I have little interest in the concept.

Also, please note the original post is from August, if you plan on replying, thank you~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back