• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Interest Check Dragon Riders

LittleMissFoxy

Sweet Lil Foxy
Hiyo! I have started writing this entire world out of three different types of Dragon Riding factions. The idea would be either to take over other parts of the world or to try and unify the three factions, whichever way we wanted to go really.

Factions​

The Great Father's Children, these riders live high up in the mountains and are secluded from the rest of the riders of the world. They tend to live a more community based life and follow the word of their leader, who they believe hears the voice of their Great Father from the mountain. They are purists and will not allow people who don't have dragons or who are of half dragon blood (Draconians) to stay with them. They share a special bond with their dragon's and fellow riders, like a big family they stick together under the love and protection of the Great Father.

The Free Riders, these riders live wherever they want, be it on top of mountains, down in valleys or within the canopy of the trees. They are wild and adventurous always after the next fun thing to do, always looking for dangerous trails to face and test themselves on. They are a welcoming group and will take anyone in though they don't believe in a leader, they are more democracy based than other rider factions. Nomadic in nature, these riders tend to move from one place to another, often unable to find somewhere they want to call home.

The Forgotten Children, these riders live far off on a secluded island that seems to have not changed in years, the plants have become overgrown and the landmass is their playground. This is where you find the half-breeds (Draconians). The cast off children of the Great Father, generally appearing to have a long dragon like tail and horns atop their heads. These riders follow under the order of their leader for they want to be accepted with each other and care no for the acceptance of anyone else. They tend to stick to themselves and avoid trying to rely on others for help.

If this gets some interest I will post up a place to do characters and I will set up a thread for the rp. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, hopes or fears, feel free to drop me a PM or just send it here!

Thanks for reading all this! <3

Character Sheet

Last edited:
I'd like to join! Just a few quick questions: Do the free riders live in small groups scattered around the world or do they live alone? Are there any draconian free riders? How do the forgotten children react to the pure bloods? Are free riders able to become part of the great father's children or vice versa? ^_^ Thanks!

I'd like to join! Just a few quick questions: Do the free riders live in small groups scattered around the world or do they live alone? Are there any draconian free riders? How do the forgotten children react to the pure bloods? Are free riders able to become part of the great father's children or vice versa? ^_^ Thanks!

Here are the answers to your questions!
  1. Free riders are a large group, they just tend to wander off in smaller groups and explore together. If needed they all will meet up with each other and discuss things.
  2. There are some Draconian free riders, but most do opt to go be a Forgotten child.
  3. Generally they don't see them much and wouldn't really regard them as "Pure bloods." Because they would believe that they are better because they are actually half dragon.
  4. Free riders could become apart of the Great Father's Children if they wanted, but I don't feel they would because rules and regulations and such. Though if a GFC decided they wanted to be and FR they totally could leave their group and go join the other.
Hope that answers everything! <3

Here are the answers to your questions!
  1. Free riders are a large group, they just tend to wander off in smaller groups and explore together. If needed they all will meet up with each other and discuss things.
  2. There are some Draconian free riders, but most do opt to go be a Forgotten child.
  3. Generally they don't see them much and wouldn't really regard them as "Pure bloods." Because they would believe that they are better because they are actually half dragon.
  4. Free riders could become apart of the Great Father's Children if they wanted, but I don't feel they would because rules and regulations and such. Though if a GFC decided they wanted to be and FR they totally could leave their group and go join the other.
Hope that answers everything! <3
It does, TYSM! Let me know when you put up the character sheets.

Hm....The concept of the Forgotten children of being half dragon ties in with a concept I find very interesting myself; Hybrids. Just so you know, I'm just explaining the concept but not suggesting it goes into effect. Hybrids are those with dragon blood with any other sort of blood within their body. Humanoid blood seems to work best as it can give the child an advantage over pure blooded dragons but there is a catch to this immense advantage, they have a weakness that upsets the balance between the dragon and humanoid blood. Be it a plant or something that other people eat everyday.

Is there a specific plot that would appear?

I like the idea of this! Possibly interested in playing as a Draconian Freerider. I do have one question about them though. Is it just the horns and tail that would connect them to dragons or are there other aspects of their appearance that are more dragon-like?

I like the idea of this! Possibly interested in playing as a Draconian Freerider. I do have one question about them though. Is it just the horns and tail that would connect them to dragons or are there other aspects of their appearance that are more dragon-like?

This could be your own discretion, you could make it so they had scales on some or their entire body, maybe a more dragon shaped face. Really up to you on how you would like them to look.

OK, with that in mind I now have an idea on how my character may look. It will have to be a typed description of his appearance though

Kinda wanna make my character with a personality described by this song.

Don't care what you think, I do things my way and you can deal with it. Basic gist of how a good bunch of my characters are. This is another song that is the basis of many too.

I'm interested in this. It sounds like a good way to get my feet wet on the site.

One question, though: Will the dragon riders, aside from the draconians, be predominantly humanoid?

I love this, very creative! How many characters are allowed per roleplayer?
I will allow you to have up to three. After three I think it gets a little crazy.

I'm interested in this. It sounds like a good way to get my feet wet on the site.

One question, though: Will the dragon riders, aside from the draconians, be predominantly humanoid?

Yes they would be mostly human looking, though I may allow other species.

LittleMissFoxy LittleMissFoxy You got quite the popular thing going on here!
I noticed, I will have to set up the character sheet and everything soon! <3 Also great songs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back