• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [Interest Check] Danganronpa Killing Game Style RP? (With OCs)

Rycamp

Puhuhu~
Lately I have been thinking how fun it could be to roleplay a Killing Game set in the Danganronpa universe. A group rp with (at least) 6 characters, where they are put to participate in a Killing Game, being presented motives to murder, and class trials being held whenver a murder happens.

A RP like that would have to be very organized. The players would have to decide on their OCs and their Ultimate Talents beforehand so the main plot can be written. The players would also need to plan how action scenes would work (probably with actions decided by dice rolling?). There are also the investigation and class trial aspect that would need to be carefully thought.

With all that said, I would like to know if there would be people that would be willing to plan a roleplay like that? This could become a very interesting project if done right.

There are actually many Danganronpa RPs on this site a few years ago. I guess now it is not as popular.
Realistically speaking a highly organized large group forum RP is nearly impossible to realized.
I hosted one once and tried to do it such that only around 5 active rper participate and the rest of 'NPCs' do the dying and murdering. They only have to worry about the investigations and trials most of the time.
I hope to see more Danganronpa RPs in the future too. Lord Monokuma wishes you luck!
1597887856421.png1597887864014.png1597887872011.png

Last edited:
I would love to see how this works out/help if you decide to do this! I only recently got into danganronpa so i missed out on all the old rps

I love danganronpa so I would totally be up for it. I do believe it would need to be organized and planned out well!

Seeing all the feedback from this post I believe we could actually make a Danganronpa RP. Given Dreamtique's advice, then I believe the most likely path to be followed would be having NPCs do killing and murdering, and let players interact with each other, investigate and then argue in the class trial.

I would be down for coming up with the NPCs, the setting and a story. I'll be thinking about all this stuff and give a feedback later this week.

We could brainstorm ideas together!

I agree with that! (Danganronpa pun intended). Should we make a group chat with people interested? I feel like this way it would be easier to discuss ideas and gather feedback.

That works for me. I'll get a server up and running and DM you a link so we can get down to discussing it. If anyone else wishes to join the discussion, let me know and I'll DM the link to those as well.

That being said, this post will continue to be used as an interest check. Hope to hear from new players.

That works for me. I'll get a server up and running and DM you a link so we can get down to discussing it. If anyone else wishes to join the discussion, let me know and I'll DM the link to those as well.

That being said, this post will continue to be used as an interest check. Hope to hear from new players.
I’d be interested. I’ve run different DR RP’s before where the original was simply if your character dies, it’s out of the story, so the stakes were real within and out of the fiction. However, this seems like a cool new take. I’d love to be a part of it.

I'm Interested! I'd like to be a part of the discussion too, but I don't think I'd be much of any help, but I do have some ideas. ( How do I write this without sounding so demanding. ;-; )

By this point, the planning of the overall story has advenced a lot. The RP is planned to have a total of 6 class trials (just like a game) and there are a couple of twists to be thrown in to keep things interested. Hopefully, we can make an interesting rp together that'll manage to survive to the end.

I have been in touch with Waifu who helped me sort some things out, and we agreed that a hybrid roleplay strategy would be the best approach. Bonding scenes between characters would be held in Discord with multiple scenes happening at the same time to keep the pacing not too slow, and linear threads and more important parts of the story such as class trials would be done over RPNation.

With this, we have arrived the ideal number of people that I have been looking for the roleplay, therefore I'll begin reaching each one out in private to discuss more about how to get in touch.

Lately I have been thinking how fun it could be to roleplay a Killing Game set in the Danganronpa universe. A group rp with (at least) 6 characters, where they are put to participate in a Killing Game, being presented motives to murder, and class trials being held whenver a murder happens.

A RP like that would have to be very organized. The players would have to decide on their OCs and their Ultimate Talents beforehand so the main plot can be written. The players would also need to plan how action scenes would work (probably with actions decided by dice rolling?). There are also the investigation and class trial aspect that would need to be carefully thought.

With all that said, I would like to know if there would be people that would be willing to plan a roleplay like that? This could become a very interesting project if done right.
These got really popular around the beginning of Quarantine. I got into it around that time too. Ive hosted and participated in several on discord if you are interested in checking them out. Its so much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back