• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy INTEREST CHECK: Aether: The Age of Light [1 space}

Avari

Four Thousand Club
AETHER: THE AGE OF LIGHT
mapVR 2.jpg

Welcome to Aether. A world recovering from a terrible war and currently ruled by a religious organization - The Church of Light. A land steeped in political intrigue, lost magic and ancient secrets. Inspired in part by worlds from Dark Souls, Dragon Age and a DnD campaign I ran - Aether: The Age of Light will be a RP for those interested in political turmoil, ancient unseen horrors and a realistic twist on fantasy. Extra details below.

arn.jpg

The War of CindersThe War of Cinders was a long series of conflicts that took place across the Aether continent between the combined forces of Aether and the demonic forces that descended upon the world due to the actions of the Cult of Myrkul. It is generally referred to by the populace as “the Dark Ages”. The War of Cinders was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands and it’s conclusion brought about the founding of the Church of Light.

fddf.jpg

Player RacesHumans, Elves and Dwarves will be available. Humans currently dominate much of Aether, with the Dwarves on the verge of extinction after the loss of their homeland of Magruhdul. The Elves are divided into two unique groups - those who have integrated into human society and the mysterious Lumen elves, who have cut themselves off from the outside world and now reside within Merluminal Forest.

art.jpg

The Church of LightThe dominant religious organization in the world of Aether, the Church rose to power as a unstoppable and merciless defender against the evil beasts, demons and abominations that once terrorized and tormented the land. Based on the worship of a trinity of powerful deities and the teachings of its founder, Meyneth.

The Church's goal is to eradicate all that is evil and impure from the world in order to usher in a New Age where the Gods themselves will walk the Earth. The Church is broken down into three core groups - The magical Clerics, the warrior Paladins and the powerful and feared Inquisitors.

rntrnrnrn.jpg

The Role of MagicMages are a rare sight in Aether, but are available as a player class. Mages are individuals blessed by the Gods, and have incredible power in exchange for worship and rituals dedicated to their chosen deity. Mages often hold high levels of office within the Church, but some prefer to roam the lands as independent units. It's said the Lumen Elves also have their own brand of magic - one derived from the worship of the Earth itself. Mages focus on one particular facet of magic - whether it be a certain elemental ability or a more spiritual pursuit which healers use.

sgsgsgsg.jpg

Travel GuideYou can read a short guide to all the locations in Aether Here

egdsb.jpg

Aether LoreExtra info on Aether is available HERE which includes lore on the Church of Light, The War of Cinders, Elves, Dwarves, Humans and Magic.

The RPA decent amount of lore is available already, but players are encouraged to develop Aether themselves. Ideas about lore are welcomed, and player interaction is actively encouraged. A certain quality is expected - especially in terms of grammar and post length. While the RP begins in the Capital City of Alcamoth, players will have the option to travel out in time. Players will also not be required to stay in one group - Players focusing on the more political side of Aether might prefer to stay in the city for example. There will be a overarching story, but Players will have sufficient notice of big events. Be warned - actions always have consequences, either good or bad.

I do not plan to start the RP for a week or two, and will need sufficient interest from players since it's a wee bit of an ambitious world - plus it's my first time running a pure RP. Please be patient, and register your interest/questions below. Much love!

Last edited:
View attachment 349759

Welcome to Aether. A world recovering from a terrible war and currently ruled by a religious organization - The Church of Light. A land steeped in political intrigue, lost magic and ancient secrets. Inspired in part by worlds from Dark Souls, Dragon Age and a DnD campaign I ran - Aether: The Age of Light will be a RP for those interested in political turmoil, ancient unseen horrors and a realistic twist on fantasy. Extra details below.

The War of CindersThe War of Cinders was a long series of conflicts that took place across the Aether continent between the combined forces of Aether and the demonic forces that descended upon the world due to the actions of the Cult of Myrkul. It is generally referred to by the populace as “the Dark Ages”. The War of Cinders was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands and it’s conclusion brought about the founding of the Church of Light.

Player RacesHumans, Elves and Dwarves will be available. Humans currently dominate much of Aether, with the Dwarves on the verge of extinction after the loss of their homeland of Magruhdul. The Elves are divided into two unique groups - those who have integrated into human society and the mysterious Lumen elves, who have cut themselves off from the outside world and now reside within Merluminal Forest.

The Church of LightThe dominant religious organization in the world of Aether, the Church rose to power as a unstoppable and merciless defender against the evil beasts, demons and abominations that once terrorized and tormented the land. Based on the worship of a trinity of powerful deities and the teachings of its founder, Meyneth.

The Church's goal is to eradicate all that is evil and impure from the world in order to usher in a New Age where the Gods themselves will walk the Earth. The Church is broken down into three core groups - The magical Clerics, the warrior Paladins and the powerful and feared Inquisitors.

The Role of MagicMages are a rare sight in Aether, but are available as a player class. Mages are individuals blessed by the Gods, and have incredible power in exchange for worship and rituals dedicated to their chosen deity. Mages often hold high levels of office within the Church, but some prefer to roam the lands as independent units. It's said the Lumen Elves also have their own brand of magic - one derived from the worship of the Earth itself.

The RPA decent amount of lore is available already, but players are encouraged to develop Aether themselves. Ideas about lore are welcomed, and player interaction is actively encouraged. A certain quality is expected - especially in terms of grammar and post length. While the RP begins in the Capital City of Alcamoth, players will have the option to travel out in time. Players will also not be required to stay in one group - Players focusing on the more political side of Aether might prefer to stay in the city for example. There will be a overarching story, but Players will have sufficient notice of big events.

I do not plan to start the RP for a week or two, and will need sufficient interest from players since it's a wee bit of an ambitious world - plus it's my first time running a pure RP. Please be patient, and register your interest/questions below. Much love!
Intetested!

View attachment 349759

The Role of MagicMages are a rare sight in Aether, but are available as a player class. Mages are individuals blessed by the Gods, and have incredible power in exchange for worship and rituals dedicated to their chosen deity. Mages often hold high levels of office within the Church, but some prefer to roam the lands as independent units. It's said the Lumen Elves also have their own brand of magic - one derived from the worship of the Earth itself. Mages focus on one particular facet of magic - whether it be a certain elemental ability or a more spiritual pursuit which healers use.

The RPA decent amount of lore is available already, but players are encouraged to develop Aether themselves. Ideas about lore are welcomed, and player interaction is actively encouraged. A certain quality is expected - especially in terms of grammar and post length. While the RP begins in the Capital City of Alcamoth, players will have the option to travel out in time. Players will also not be required to stay in one group - Players focusing on the more political side of Aether might prefer to stay in the city for example. There will be a overarching story, but Players will have sufficient notice of big events.

Cool, I'm totally down. :)

View attachment 349759

View attachment 349916

View attachment 349919

View attachment 349917

View attachment 349921

View attachment 349920

Very interesting. I'll probably join.

Interested!
I've already started a bit of brainstorming, but I'm wondering about the deities in this world. Obviously there are those associated with the Church of Light and I assume that the Cult of Myrkul worshipped one or more, but are there more neutral deities in the world? Also, how strong is The Cult now? Are they still pretty prominent but being fought against, or are they hidden and trying to regrow number? Or are they completely wiped out? And my last question: Would it be possible for you to give me a rundown of the major deities associated with The Church of Light? And sorry for the rush of questions.

Quite interested in this, just curious as to what the post rate is expected to be?

I'm interested. Right now all I know is that I want to make a mage that is associated with healing. I don't know all the details yet that would be intermingled with that. Like exactly how close they would be associated to the Church. Which deity would the more worship than the others etc. But that'll all come with the lore, I'm sure, and that'll clear up some of my questions.

Interested!
I've already started a bit of brainstorming, but I'm wondering about the deities in this world. Obviously there are those associated with the Church of Light and I assume that the Cult of Myrkul worshipped one or more, but are there more neutral deities in the world? Also, how strong is The Cult now? Are they still pretty prominent but being fought against, or are they hidden and trying to regrow number? Or are they completely wiped out? And my last question: Would it be possible for you to give me a rundown of the major deities associated with The Church of Light? And sorry for the rush of questions.

Howdy! So. There was a time when Deities and spirits were a dollar a dozen. Before the War of Cinders, Aether was a significantly more magical and ethereal place. The Church of Light however, only recognizes three Gods -
  • Avandra, The God of Magic and Knowledge
  • Bahamut, The God of Justice and Order
  • Zanza, The God of Creation
They have an active role in the world, and the other gods have simply dissappeared. I only have their names - anything extra lore wise is up for grabs.

Next, the Cult of Myrkul was completely annihilated when they opened the portal. The dark forces did not diffentuate them from the rest of Aether's inhabitants. Although the Church is incredibly paranoid that the Cult is still active somewhere. Somehow.

Quite interested in this, just curious as to what the post rate is expected to be?

I'm not making solid rules for the first couple of days, so everyone can ease themselves into it. A post a day would be nice, but obviously everyone has lives to lead. The only strict part of posting will be the time within Aether - so, it'll start on a morning at 9AM and players are expected not to get too far ahead, time wise.

OOh, dwarves can be ancientor worshippers right?

Also, how many characters?

Indeed! The Dwarves worship their ancestors. However, even this brings in difficulty with the Church - it's a bit of a grey area blasphemy wise, so they can't do it in public. The remaining "True" Dwarves of Golorum openly practice Ancestor worship in an attempt to stay connected to their culture. Or what remains of it.

Also one character to start, a second will be allowed later on if a player is willing. NPCs are also fine.

I'm interested. Right now all I know is that I want to make a mage that is associated with healing. I don't know all the details yet that would be intermingled with that. Like exactly how close they would be associated to the Church. Which deity would the more worship than the others etc. But that'll all come with the lore, I'm sure, and that'll clear up some of my questions.

Howdy Vince! Avandra (Goddess of Magic and Knowledge) is the go-to Patron for Mages, but all three deities can offer that power. They'll just have unique properties. Basically, we can go into more detail later but it's a monthly ritual - think Runes carved into the floor, offerings etc. A Mage is incredibly powerful directly after the ritual and weakens over the month until they do another one. Kinda like a battery charge.

Well, blast the manling's god, if they have a problem with it they'd have to take up with me boot.

Well, they're indisputably real and assisted Humans, Elves and Dwarves in the War. It's more the Church of Light who take issues with that kind of blasphemy. You'd end up with an Inquisitor knocking on your door if you said that in public.

He'll be knocking on the ground if he tries anything with me fooking pickaxe in his face. My dwarves are anti magic if anything.

Sides, dwarves usually keep to themselves, trouble usually finds then.

He'll be knocking on the ground if he tries anything with me fooking pickaxe in his face. My dwarves are anti magic if anything.

Sides, dwarves usually keep to themselves, trouble usually finds then.

So Inquisitors are OP bullshit basically. No one can take one head on. They're like religious fanatic terminators. Hence, why it's important not to be too loud with anti-god sentiments such as that. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back