• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy INTEREST CHECK: Aether: The Age of Light [1 space}

basically the inquisitors are like templars. that's not that far fetched or hard to take in. It's a realistic approach to the idea, which is what the RP opening stated the direction it was going towards.

basically the inquisitors are like templars. that's not that far fetched or hard to take in. It's a realistic approach to the idea, which is what the RP opening stated the direction it was going towards.

In my head they're quite similar to Hunters from Bloodborne. But that's just in my head. Haha

bloodborne_hunter_by_artanthonyzero-d936nnr.jpg

So Inquisitors are OP bullshit basically. No one can take one head on. They're like religious fanatic terminators. Hence, why it's important not to be too loud with anti-god sentiments such as that. ;)
Well, they're indisputably real and assisted Humans, Elves and Dwarves in the War. It's more the Church of Light who take issues with that kind of blasphemy. You'd end up with an Inquisitor knocking on your door if you said that in public.
The perfect place to flesh out an old, disillusioned priest with quotes like this:
"I've come to understand a certain pattern in this life. The gods and Kings agree too often. If the King changes his mind then, miraculously, the gods seem to change theirs as well. When the time for war comes, the gods demand blood and martyrs. When the king wants to fatten himself on gold, the gods suddenly expect grand and expensive tribute. I don't know about the gods themselves, but religion is clearly an arm of the king, not the people."

The perfect place to flesh out an old, disillusioned priest with quotes like this:
"I've come to understand a certain pattern in this life. The gods and Kings agree too often. If the King changes his mind then, miraculously, the gods seem to change theirs as well. When the time for war comes, the gods demand blood and martyrs. When the king wants to fatten himself on gold, the gods suddenly expect grand and expensive tribute. I don't know about the gods themselves, but religion is clearly an arm of the king, not the people."

Welllllllllllll, it's a tricky thing. The Gods are real. The Church's founding saved the world from the war. They've overseen several centuries of relative peace. The vast majority of people are content and happy to live under the church and they consider themselves a force for good. The Church of Light is not like medieval Catholicism, it's quite enlightened. It's simply they have a certain way of going about things, and if you don't bend your knee then you're obviously working with demons or something.

i didn't really catch on to Bloodborne or the Dark Souls franchise. but I AM a huge Dragon Age fan :) so any references to those i'll completely get.

i didn't really catch on to Bloodborne or the Dark Souls franchise. but I AM a huge Dragon Age fan :) so any references to those i'll completely get.

The Church of Light is like a more powerful, fanatical Chantry with real actual gods. :)

Meyneth is also very reminiscent to Andraste in the way she is treated by the Church. She's kinda their Jesus,

The Church of Light is like a more powerful, fanatical Chantry with real actual gods. :)

Meyneth is also very reminiscent to Andraste in the way she is treated by the Church. She's kinda their Jesus,
that's what i was picturing in mind anyway :3 at least about the Chantry. How are elves treated? The ones that live among humans/society? Are they treated like everyone else? There's no discrimination or racism or distinction between upper, middle, and lower class? I'm prolly jumping the gun with all these questions. I'm just one of those types of people that want to understand as much as possible when writing someone else's world so I don't get something really wrong.

that's what i was picturing in mind anyway :3 at least about the Chantry. How are elves treated? The ones that live among humans/society? Are they treated like everyone else? There's no discrimination or racism or distinction between upper, middle, and lower class? I'm prolly jumping the gun with all these questions. I'm just one of those types of people that want to understand as much as possible when writing someone else's world so I don't get something really wrong.

Elves and Humans are pretty chill, Elves probably lost the most during the war and everyone is aware of that. Lots of Elves in the church and in every level of society. A lot of Elves are actually in fact disappearing - many feel a yearning to return to the last great forest and search for the Lumen Elves - they never return. So if they found them/died/got lost no one knows. The Lumen and the Church do not have the happiest history -> The Lumen basically closed themselves off from the world after the Church attempted to stop them worshiping the Earth itself. Haven't thought much about the class system, no doubt their is one. There's a nobility, a monarchy, no doubt a working class as these things always go.

and no, questions are good!

Really happy with the interest so far, I hope to have a CS and additional lore page up and running over the weekend. Feel free to ask questions/register interest here until then <3

I'm interested. Right now all I know is that I want to make a mage that is associated with healing. I don't know all the details yet that would be intermingled with that. Like exactly how close they would be associated to the Church. Which deity would the more worship than the others etc. But that'll all come with the lore, I'm sure, and that'll clear up some of my questions.

Actually - a quick thought. This is if you're interested of course:

Would you be interested RP'ing a Mage who is about to get access to his/her powers? That way you could actually have a Church Priest explain the Trinity to you, and you could develop your abilities through that as a healer. Go through the ritual, get "switched on" so to speak.

Was just a random idea I thought of. Feel free to discard <3

I'm interested. Is it possible that some elves still live in the Wetlands?

Howdy Lefic!
I mean, the Wetlands are a mysterious and pretty horrible place. I'm not gonna say 100% not, but if there are, they're not gonna be right in the head.
However, as the RP goes forward, the Wetlands does have a place to play, especially in regards with the Lumen Elves.

Lots of ancient Elven ruins in the Wetlands, that no one has ever been able to reach.

Really happy with the interest so far, I hope to have a CS and additional lore page up and running over the weekend. Feel free to ask questions/register interest here until then <3
Just curious if at any point later in the game Dwarf charries could attempt to reclaim some of their people's lands at all? Or are they on a permanent decline at this point?

Just curious if at any point later in the game Dwarf charries could attempt to reclaim some of their people's lands at all? Or are they on a permanent decline at this point?

So you see the place called Golorum on the map? That's basically the "Last" Dwarven City. Wouldn't even really call it a city, compared to what they used to have - more of a town. Anyhow, a lot of Dwarves have started to gather there, in a last ditch attempt to save their race from extinction. Trouble is, they have no King and no consensus on what to do with Magruhdul. Some want to do one more glorious suicide attack, others want to let go of the past and try to build something new. Others don't care any more and they've become mercs, shopkeepers and such.

So you see the place called Golorum on the map? That's basically the "Last" Dwarven City. Wouldn't even really call it a city, compared to what they used to have - more of a town. Anyhow, a lot of Dwarves have started to gather there, in a last ditch attempt to save their race from extinction. Trouble is, they have no King and no consensus on what to do with Magruhdul. Some want to do one more glorious suicide attack, others want to let go of the past and try to build something new. Others don't care any more and they've become mercs, shopkeepers and such.
So what happened to the Dwarf city? Because all it says in the travel guide is this:
Magruhdul

The lost Dwarven City. located deep beneath

So what happened to the Dwarf city? Because all it says in the travel guide is this:

WHOOPS.

better fix that, HAH!

Orc tribe. Powerful and fierce, took the city from the Dwarves a few centuries ago. This escalated to something of a cold war with the rest of the nation - and there's been an uneasy stalemate for a long time now - travelling East into the mountains, past the Throne of the Abyss can be seen as an act of war.

Naturally, it's rather hard to get there.

Hmmm, lot of potential plots with that. Thanks! =)

Actually - a quick thought. This is if you're interested of course:

Would you be interested RP'ing a Mage who is about to get access to his/her powers? That way you could actually have a Church Priest explain the Trinity to you, and you could develop your abilities through that as a healer. Go through the ritual, get "switched on" so to speak.

Was just a random idea I thought of. Feel free to discard <3
that primarily means just more writing since I'll have to go through the start of the person getting first access to their powers then learning them and getting familiar with them. I just really hope the RP goes on with a long, if not full, lifespan so I can get through all that. but i do understand the importance of having a character explain the whole process through example for the readers. So I'm on board.

that primarily means just more writing since I'll have to go through the start of the person getting first access to their powers then learning them and getting familiar with them. I just really hope the RP goes on with a long, if not full, lifespan so I can get through all that. but i do understand the importance of having a character explain the whole process through example for the readers. So I'm on board.

Absolutely up to you friend, please don't feel pressured into it if you would like to go another direction with it. I was simply brainstorming. If you do wanna take that route - sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back