• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [interest check] A surival esque murder mystery where YOU REALLY DIE

a r i e s

sadboy
I had the idea for a survival-esque murder house. Basically, our characters find themselves in an isolated mansion without any idea how they got there. Soon it's revealed that there's a murderer among them, and every week/few days they vote who to kill off.

I came up with it when thinking about how short lived group RPs are. Players who wish to continue can introduce a new character when theirs have been killed off, or you can be done with the RP.

It might be interesting to see what alliances form, what tactics people use, and whether they'll play good or bad.

Feel free to discuss

Kinda like Mafia/ Werewolf but actually killing the person. Sorta reminds me of Danganronpa in a way, also cool. That sounds pretty sweet. I'm interested.

This sounds awesome!! Or dead characters can become ghosts but only interact in bery vague ghosty ways. Id be heckin down.

This sounds awesome!! Or dead characters can become ghosts but only interact in bery vague ghosty ways. Id be heckin down.
I've participated in a similar type of role-play with murders before, and in those role-plays the characters were ghosts when they died. It was pretty fun. I was also in one that had an afterlife system where all the dead characters would go for a while, but eventually would be revived and reunite with the rest. I have to say it's a lot of fun. ^_^

Saw the 'really die' part and thought this was gonna become some fucked up RP where we kill ourselves once our characters die. Now i'm disappointed.

omg WOW this is a lot of people but I'd love to join... just gotta ask FOR NO REASON AT ALL is suicide an option? :closedeyessmile:

Im down, glad to see that the "Killing Game" genre has been growing in RPs as of late, its my favorite like "Dark" genre.

Allow me to play devil's advocate and say allowing people to make new characters feels like it takes all sense of urgency/weight out of the RP. The idea of just being able to kill off MIA people (of which there will be many) is a good idea and allows characters actually in it for the long haul to develop.

I love this idea for a Danganronpa-esque RP in theory but I don't know how you could make it work where everyone is happy. Either you let people make multiple chars so a death doesn't -really- matter or one person just has to stop RP'ing when their character dies. Which is also lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back