• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [Instant Roleplay] Wanna pop into the roleplay straight away without thinking much of a plot, settings, or even detailed CS? Come join here! [Open]

I
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

An instant roleplay that's open to anyone. Come join and see where this story would end.

ZeeNathan

Shhh! I'm trying to sleep here!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[Introduction]

Hello there, this is Zee writing. I'm bored and want to do some quick-to-act roleplay with no complicated search for partners, planning, discussion, or anything like that. So, I'll just pop in some random story to start the roleplay here while anyone of you who is interested in it could reply right away. Yes, this is open to everyone. No need to notify me if you want to join, just start right away and dump whatever dumb and crazy ideas you had laying in your head. Let's see where this is going by then hehehe. My only requirement for you who wanted to join is that you have to make the story make sense! Don't just go straight to sci-fi, out in the spaceship, when the previous writer made the setting of the story a historical one. If you want to change the setting, tossed out whatever kind of bullshit you can find to make it - at the very least - connected. Anyway, enjoy!

---

It seems like I won't be having any customers today either...

Yure looked out of the french-styled window of his bookstore. Azir has been experiencing extreme weather conditions this past few weeks. The rain hasn't stopped falling for a few days straight. Sometimes, it would be a downpour coupled with hurricanes and flashes of lightning. Other times, it would just be a mild drizzle that felt quite chilling upon contact. The sun hasn't shone for quite a while, covered with gloomy dark clouds. Above all, thick grey fog covered the whole city, limiting the visibility to 10 feet at most. As a hermit who loved to stay in the comfort of his house all year round, the weather outside didn't affect much of Yure's activity. But few people would choose to come out in this kind of damp and cold weather. Few people on the road mean the already low chance of someone out there walking into his small and secluded bookstore becomes almost non-existing. No customer means no money. And that has been the case for the last few days.

Actually, Yure didn't really care much about money. He had enough savings to last him a lifetime even if he become a spendthrift. It's just that sitting behind the counter every day while reading book after book could be quite boring. Alas, his bookstore really was easy to miss among the row of stores around this area. The interior was filled to the brim with towering bookshelves. Due to the somewhat dim lighting as well as dark-colored wallpaper, it became even harder for anyone to see the interior from the outside. Yure was really too lazy to think of a name for his bookstore, making it nameless and signless. The only indication that it was even a 'store' was the open or close plaque hung behind the door's small window. With a bookstore like this, it was a wonder how he still had a few customers coming in every few months.

Yure sighed lightly. Sometimes, he felt like something abnormal was currently happening in Azir. He didn't know if it was just him hallucinating from staying indoors all alone for too long or simply because he read too many books and causes his brain to be overly imaginative. But Yure felt like the normal Azir was not at all 'normal'. He felt like the fog that shrouded the city more often than not hid a kind of secret from the oblivious people. Maybe the extreme weather was not simply caused by 'the weather', but by something more unscientific and abnormal... Who knows, right? In this foreign world that he had just moved into for less than 2 years, maybe things like monsters, elves, dwarves, or even aliens exist.

As if something like that really exists... I must've really gone crazy... Shaking his head lightly, Yure went back to the counter and started brewing a pot of tea. Azir's technology wasn't as advanced as Earth was. Things like electric pots and convenient teabags didn't exist here. But that doesn't stop Yure from enjoying his favorite drink. Using the traditional way of brewing tea, he skillfully added the right amount of tea leaves into the pot. The steam that rose from the pot blurred his face, making his black eyes and hair look hazy. A few minutes later, the faint but relaxing smell of tea filled the bookstore. Yure poured two cups of tea and put them neatly on the counter. As he sipped on one of the cups of tea and enjoyed the warm feeling it brought him, Yure leaned back on his chair, quietly continued reading the book he hasn't finished yet.

In this quiet and dark bookstore that gave off an oddly mysterious vibe, a young man sat behind the counter while focusing on the black book in his hand. His skin was pale white, showing the lack of time he spent under the sun. It contrasted greatly with his black suit. The pair of seemingly bottomless black eyes were half covered by the shadow, making his actual thoughts hard to guess. Next to the young man were two cups of tea with one of them being untouched and placed neatly across from him. While he didn't seem to be doing anything else but reading at the moment, the untouched cup of tea as well as the weird angle of his small smile make it seem as if he was expecting someone... A person that might change his, and perhaps, the whole of Azir's line of fate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back