• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Instant Family

He smiled some and shrugged "Still not awake... Their beds are nice but... not mine." He muttered, "Probably a 7." He grunted a little and sat down, "She's still asleep in the travel cot... He okay?" He asked glancing out the back door towards the yard where Carlos was. "How long we gonna be here for?"

She shook her head and just sat there feeling shaky and desperate, waving her off and eventually calmed down enough to go get them a juice each, making her way back to the neurologist's office again but by this point she looked a mess and she was just waiting for him to get back

Max gave a small nod and rummaged through her purse getting his pain medicine out "I understand, here take these." She murmured frowning as she looked at Carlos "I'm not sure...he seems okay but also sad." She explained sighing softly "Carmen told me he is up to three or four seizures a day.."

Pedro was wheeled back into the room about ten minutes later giving a small sigh and not really looking at Carmen. He felt odd having her here even though she was his wife, him not remembering was making it difficult to feel comfortable around her.

He thanked her quietly and glanced back out the window again "Yeah he's uh... They don't think he's gonna see another christmas." He mumbled "He was saying that the first two rounds of chemo haven't worked so they're doing one last round and if it does nothing then he's going for palliative." He mumblred "You working tomorrow?" He asked her.

She passed him the orange juice and just sat down, running a hand through her hair when the doctor came back in "What's uh... what's the verdict?" She asked him hesitantly, reaching out and grabbing at Pedro's hand, giving it a squeeze, not really thinking about the fact he couldn't remember her

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly "I just...I.hope that isn't the case." She said sipping the water she had made for herself "No I don't go back until the day after next." She said looking over at him "Why do you ask?"

The doctor put the scans up and shook his head some "Well its not terrible news. The tumor has moved to a place where we can now remove it. It will be risky but it is possible now." He explained

She nodded slowly and frowned some looking over at Pedro. “I know this is a big decision... it would be big if you weren’t dealing with memory loss anyway.... but it’s this or nothing... I’m not ready to lose you... our son is not ready to lose you... we need you here with us Pedge.” She said gently watching him.

Jeff shrugged then winced. “Cause I can’t watch ana tomorrow while I’m at the appointment.... Also we got the vet coming to do the vaxxing for the winter.” He reminded her as he heard ana starting to cry upstairs.

Pedro listened to the doctor before he looked at Carmen and frowned some. He saw her hurt and her love in her eyes and for some reason that was enough for him "Okay...when do I go in?"

Max gave a nod and got up once she heard Ana "I've got her and I can help the vet." She said before she brought Ana back. She smiled as she cuddled in close still groggy "Aww sweet little thing."

Jeff nodded and went to wash his coffee mug up, looking up seeing Carlos and Edgar coming back in the house and going upstairs quietly. "Carmen ever tell you what his past is?" He asked her curiously, getting Ana some water and getting the cereal down to get her some breakfast.

She let out a quiet sigh of relief and nodded some, 'We can get you scheduled for... two days... It would be best in your current state for you to stay here until then. You will have visitation but we can keep you under observation and any complications that may occur we can deal with then as well... We'll get the pulmonologist down to see what we can do for that as well.' Carmen just kept nodding and thanked him, getting up to go call Max and let her know she'd be home in an hour or so.

Max gave a small nod before she placed Ana in her high chair "Yeah...she saw him at the super market working for an old woman. Said he never had a father and his mother died when he was young but he remembers it all." She explained shakimg her head softly "She says he is happy though, thats what matters." She murmured before she picked up her phone

Pedro gave a small nod lookimg at Carmen some before she left. He sighed softly before he took out his phone and scrolled through the photos smiling as he saw a few of Carmen and Carlos together. He may not have remembered them but he felt happy seeing them.

She came back in once they had him settled and smiled at him tiredly. “I’m gonna fun home real quick okay? I’m just gonna get you a few bits so you’re super comfortable here.” She promised giving his hand another squeeze. “This is the best news we could have hoped for.” She murmured kissing his knuckles then got up to go be at home for a while with Carlos.

Jeff just nodded and took Ana, setting her In her high chair so he could feed her, just making funny faces at her. “Hey what time are we gonna be able to head out?” He asked max, trying to find a comfortable position to sit in

Max talked with Carmen briefly before she went back to see Jeff feeding Ana already "Here soon, Carmen is coming to be with Carlos." She explained sighing softly "I hope everything is alright." She mumbled giving a small sigh

Pedro gave a small nod and frowned softly "Oh um...okay." he said quietly before pulling his hand away from her and closed his eyes starting to drift off to sleep there in the bed already exhausted from everything

He nodded some and sighed a little. “Do you wanna start getting the car packed then?” He asked her wiping anas mouth. “You’re so messy baby girl.”

carmen got home a short while later and went straight in. “Thank you... I uh... he’s gonna have a surgery in a couple days. They think they can get it out but he’s struggling right now. I’m gonna take Carlos to my parents. We were meant to be there today anyway.” She explained and went to find her son in his room. “Hey kiddo, sorry I had to take dad in but I got some good news.” She told him going to sit in the bed with him.

Max gave a nod and smiled softly at the two of them "Yeah I will, you just wipe her face." She said happily before she packed up the car finishing as Carmen got home. She listened to her and gave a small nod "Let us know if you need anything okay?" She murmured giving her a hug before she left with Jeff and Ana.

Carlos looked at his mom as she came into his room frowning some "Is Daddy okay?" He asked sitting on the bed with her and cuddling close "Whats the good news?"

She smiled and kissed his head holding him close. “Yeah he’s doing a little better now... the bad news is that right now he can’t remember us very well but it’s okay, cause the good news is they’re gonna be able to help him start getting better.” She told him smiling some kissing his head. “He’s gonna be okay.” She smiled wide

Jeff nodded some and got ana all cleaned up before taking her out to the car and getting in the passenger seat as well, relaxing once they hit the road.

Max drove home with him in a peaceful silence for once. As they got home she smiled seeing Adam there tending to the animals. She pulled a sleeping Ana out of her car seat and waved at him before going inside with Jeff

Carlos frowned softly and gave a small nod "Will he remember us after the surgery?" He asked looking at her with scared eyes. He was terrified right now that he would loose his father

He was already inside and stood still in the kitchen, leaning on the counter and looking very tense.

“He should do... they think he will yes but even if he doesn’t.... we can help him to okay? He’s gonna be okay sweetheart.” She murmured cuddling him close. “You wanna go get Edgar his collar and leash? Cause we’re gonna go see grandma and grampa.” She smiled kissing his head. “You can bring your iPad if you want.” She smiled.

Max frowned some when she saw Jeff and quickly placed Ana in her rocker before she went over to him "Jeff? Babe whats wrong?" She asked softly not even noticing her slip of the name.

Carlos nodded softly but didn't let go of her "You promise he will be okay?" He asked quietly before he sniffled hiding his face in her side. He didn't want to let her go at the moment he just wanted her to tell him everything would be okay.

“Hey... hey look at me sweetheart.” She murmured and kissed his head. “He’s gonna be okay Carlos I promise.... but you wanna know something? No matter what happens with daddy.... you are always going to have me you understand? I’m not going anywhere baby.” She promised holding him tightly.

he groaned quietly and glanced over at her. “Shooting pain up my back.” He mumbled, taking a deep breath and standing up again slowly, “Hey did you give Adam the Christmas present I got him?” He asked her, carefully moving towards the lounge.

Carlos nodded softly and looked at her "You promise?" He asked quietly putting his pinky out giving a small smile when she twisted it with his "I love you Mommy." He murmured before he wiped his eyes and went to get Edgar ready to go.

Max gave a nod helping him to the couch getting the heating pad for his back to try and help relax it "Yes I did." She murmured sighing softly "When is your appointment tomorrow? I think maybe I should go with you."

Jeff just nodded a little closing his eyes. “Tomorrow morning.” He mumbled glancing down to see ana had toddled over to him and was reaching to be picked up, ready to throw a tantrum when Jeff couldn’t lift her. “Not right now sweetheart.” He mumbled

she smiled and kissed his head “I love you too Mijo, I’ll go get the kool aid as well.” She promised as the water at her parents place was pretty nasty by itself and it was at least better than giving him a coke.

Max gave a small nod and sighed softly before she picked Ana up moving so Jeff could rest his head in her lap and Ana could stay close "Here, let me know if you need anything okay?" She murmured quietly

Carlos gave a nod and waited by the door smiling some as Edgar got excited "Mommy will I see you for dinner tonight? Or are you staying with Daddy?" He asked

“I’m gonna go check on him and I might stay... depends how he feels but when I get back I’ll make sure I wake you up okay?” She murmured and kissed his head getting him and the dog in the car, taking them to her parents place.

He fell asleep not much longer after that and was out for a good hour or so until he woke up needing to go to the rest room, frowning some when he tried to get up.

Max was up and making lunch for all of them frowning when she heard him "Hey you need help?" She asked as she went to see him noticing how much trouble he was having to get up.

Carlos nodded some and got in the car with her "Mommy will Grandma make cookies with me again?" He asked happily remembering the last time they were there

He glanced up at her and frowned. “Hey uh... not to alarm you but you should call me an ambulance and don’t move me... I can’t move.” He told her seriously.

“if you ask her super nice she might let you do that.” She smiled at him in the rear view mirror taking them to her parents place and got out going to knock on the door with him. It had taken them a minute to get their head around their grandson already being ten years old but they adored him and spoilt him

Max went wide eyed and nodded going to grab her phone calling 911 immediately looking at Adam as he came in for a drink "Adam! I need your help, Jeff can't move." She said before she started speaking with the paramedic on the phone

Carlos smiled widely at his grandma as she answered the door and hugged her tight "Hi Grandma!" He said happily before he ran inside with Edgar to find his grandpa

She smiled watching him go and shook her head some. “I’m just glad to see him happy right now.... sorry we’re late, Pedro is back in the hospital. Good news this time though, getting surgery in a couple days.” She told her mom walking inside with her and went straight to the kitchen.

Jeff frowned closing his eyes and just focused on staying relaxed as possible until they arrived and started asking max a hundred questions while they got him looked over so they could get him moved onto the stretcher. “I’ll call you when I can.” He mumbled sighing heavily as they finally took him in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back