• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Instant Family

Carmen smiled down at him but paused when she heard his question, frowning a little, "We uh... Well we tried... We tried a lot, and I almost had a baby, four times." She told him "But they couldn't live in my tummy so they all passed away. Then Daddy told me we were coming here... and that's when I met you while you were helping Señora Castellano... and I knew that you were meant to be my son." She told him, kissing his head while they walked.

Jeff pulled a bottle of whiskey out of the cupboard and looked over at her, not caring that it wasn't even 10 am yet. "That was MAxine... That was my ex girlfriend.... She helped me heal from all the wounds left by ex wives and fiancees.... and then when I asked if she wanted to move in with me while I was buying this place.... She ghosted me. Ghosted everybody she knew. And as I have just found out.... She was pregnant with my kid." He muttered downing the shot before pouring another.

Carlos nodded some and gave a small frown "I'm sorry you lost your other babies." He said softly before he stopped and gave her a hug "I promise I won't ever leave you." He whispered before he started to walk with her again

Sarah listened to him and went a bit wide eyed "Oh my god Jeff...had I known... I'm so sorry babe. I would have never let her in if I knew who she was." She said softly before she went over and took the glass from him "Hey...hey look at me. Its going to be okay. If you want to be in the baby's life I understand and if you don't I also understand." She said softly to him

-1 week-
Jeff walked into the house after sorting out paperwork with his attorney, walking over to Sarah and kissed her head "Hey, you wanna go get some lunch?" He asked smiling some. Their farm hand was working the whole day so they didn't need to be there and could get a once in a while trip out of the house and off the land which would be nice. He had sent Max papers for taking custody of their daughter. A lot of it was that he wanted to know her but another large part was that he wanted Max to hurt the same way he had.

Carmen walked into the house with Carlos. They were finally home in New York and she couldn't have been happier. They'd been out all morning at Home Depot and Ikea, picking up things for Carlos that he wanted for his new bedroom. She'd cried all evening after they'd brought him home because he'd just been so happy to have such a large room all to himself and Pedro had laughed at her some the whole time but this morning he'd woken up with another migraine and she was starting to get seriously worried about him. "Mijo you go put your new stuff in your room okay? I'm gonna go check on Daddy." She told him, going up with some water for him, frowning seeing how bad he was sweating, going over and waking him up "Pedro... Hey... Hey how you feeling?" She asked him, taking his hand worrying about him.

Max sat at her apartment for her day off looking over the papers and crying softly. She was willing to let Jeff see Ana, but to take custody was not okay. She needed Ana, she was her world. She took a deep breath before she put the papers aside glancing at her daughter who was asleep in her bouncer.

Sarah gave a small smile to Jeff and nodded "Yeah that sounds great." She said softly before giving him a kiss. She knew about his plan, he had told her everything about Max and she had his side 100% for wanting to have his daighter.

Pedro was happy to be home and even happier to see how his son and Carmen were. He hadn't seen Carmen this happy in a long time and it warmed his heart to the highest degree. After they had run all their errands though he started to feel a migrane take over. He had been in bed for maybe two hours before Carmen came up and nothing had helped it at all. He panted softly as she came to sit next to him but he could barely open his eyes "Hey...I'm uh...I'm okay."

She frowned some, gently taking some of the peppermint oil she kept for her migraines out of the drawer, gently rubbing his temples with it "You need to go to the doctors honey this is ridiculous." She frowned some. This would make the 5th one he'd had in three weeks and it was really worrying her. "Carlos wants to help paint his room but I told him we gotta get you feeling better first... I might call Javiera to get her to come take you to the ER... Don't look at me like that I'm being serious... This isn't good." She mumbled feeling his forehead again and shook her head "That's it, I'm calling your sister." She told him quietly, getting up to call her to come and collect him. She didn't want Carlos spending one of his first days in the country in a hospital waiting room.

Jeff smiled some and pecked her cheek, "Shout me when you're ready okay? You gotta pick though. I picked last time." He chuckled and went to sit down, frowning though when his phone rang with a random number but he picked up anyway and sighed some hearing Max sobbing down the line "What do you want?" He muttered "You should be contacting my lawyer... Not me." He muttered

Max ended up calling Jeff sobbing as she thought about loosing her daughter "Jeff please don't do this! We can work out you seeing her, I'm fine with that! Please don't take her from me though!" She sobbed now begging him "Please Jeff she is all I have don't do this!"

Pedro grunted some shaking his head "No babe I'm fine I promise." He muttered but when his temp read 104 he stopped fighting her and let her go off to call his sister. He sighed heavily taking deep breaths as he did his best to stay calm. He glanced at the door frownimg softly whem he saw Carlos standing there lookimg at him "Hey there bud...whats up?" He asked quietly

Carlos frowned some and moved in a little closer. “Are you really sick?” He asked him “my mom used to be sick like this all the time, then she went away and never came back.” He frowned still until carmen came back and got Pedro to sit up after speaking to the hospital, helping him to lean right forward to help him breathe a little more. “Hospital is sending a paramedics car.” she told him quietly, giving him a pillow to lean on.

jeff grit his teeth shaking his head. “You’re emotionally unstable. Simple as that max and that’s far from healthy for a chikd to grow up around. I’d you wanna not tell anyone important whos child she is then you can deal with the consequences.” He spat down the line and hung up still Furious about the whole thing.

Pedro frowned some and shook his head softly "I'm okay buddy." He whispered before Carmen came into the room "Get him out of here." He said quietly to her so Carlos couldn't hear him "Get out of here before they get here...I don't want him seeing."

Max shook her head as she listened to him "Damn it Jeff I'm better I swear!!" She said crying harder "I fixed myself for her!" She yelled but when she heard the click of him hanging up she threw her phone down onto the bed and yelled out in anger

Carmen frowned a little and kissed his cheek. “Come on baby, let’s go get you a snack.” She told him. “Get you and Edgar set up with a movie okay?” She told him taking Carlos out of there to get him set up in the den with a movie and snacks eventually getting the paramedics up to Pedro and standing in the doorway watching them with him.

he sighed heavily and went to get a drink anda sandwich finding Sarah in the kitchen. “What you doing?” He asked hopefully while he watched her at the stove.

Pedro told the paramedics everything he could before he looked at Carmen sighing heavily "I'll be okay." He whispered as they started to help him out to the car saying they wanted to run some tests on him.

Sarah gave a small smile "Just make a few snacks." She said kissing him gently "You ready for lunch? What was all that about on the phone?" She asked softly stroking his cheek gently

Carmen frowned but nodded and helped them get him out of the house before going to sit with Carlos. “What do you wanna do for dinner bub?” She asked him quietly, rubbing her fingers through his hair.

he sighed a little shaking his head. “Max is pissed. Obviously. But she made her bed. Now she has to lay in it.” He muttered. “You want a drink?” He asked her going to grab something from thegarage.

Sarah frowned some.and gave a small nod "Are you going to let her see the baby if you get custody?" She asked raising an eyebrow when he came back with a beer. She went over and took it from him giving a sigh "Too early for that babe, calm down okay? Its going to be alright."

Carlos looked over at her as she came into the room and gave a small shrug "I don't know, is daddy going to be okay?' He asked quietly

“Jesus Christ Sarah it’s fuckin 1 o’clock. And last I checked you’re not my mother!” He snapped at her and took the bottle back going to get it open, walking out of there to go up to his study.

she nodded and smoothed his hair back. “He’s gonna have the doctors make sure he’s okay and help him with his headaches alright?” She assured him holding him close. “What movie did you pick?” She asked.

Sarah frowned more at him and shook her head some while she finished up what she was doing and went to sit in the den not even going to mess with him

Carlos gave a nod and cuddled into her some "I picked out this one." He said softly showing her Iron Man "I always wanted to see it." He whispered

“Oh yeah? You know.... maybe if you ask daddy super nicely.... for your birthday this year, we could go back to California and go to Disneyland? They got all the marvel stuff there now.” She told him, wat hung Edgar snuggle in close to his new brother happily and smiled, frowning some when the phone rang and jumped to get it, “hello? Do I nee-“ she stopped when she heard Max’s voice in the other end for the first time in forever.

Jeff headed down a while later and just walked out of thehouse without saying anything going for a drive to try and clear his head.

Max took a deep breath finally calmed down enough to talk. She called the only person she knew she wanted to speak with and sighed heavily but smiled when she heard her voice "Hey Carmen..." she said softly hoping she wouldn't hang up on her

Carmen frowned not saying anything for several seconds. “You know.... it’s good to know that you’re alive... but I really need to be waiting on a different phone call right now.... why don’t you come over this evening instead..... say 8oclock.” She suggested just worried she’d miss the call about Pedro.

Max listened to Carmen and nodded softly "Oh okay...I hope everything is alright. I'll see yoh then." She said softly before she hung up

The doctor's called her soon after "Mrs.Pascal? Hello m'am we have an update on your husband." She said softly to her "We ran a few tests and as of right now we want to keep him overnight until the neuroligist comes in." She explained

She listened intently, keeping an eye on Carlos while she spoke with them, frowning when they explained that he had requested she not be told any news yet but agreed anyway and made a few notes about where to find him the next day to pick him up, starting to feel a little overwhelmed by everything going on.

Jeff got home late into the afternoon and headed straight out back to get some jobs done on the farm and to keep himself busy. He wasn’t going to apologise to Sarah for their spat. He hadn’t done anything wrong and he was getting sick and tired of her breathing down his neck about every little thing.

Sarah was in the kitchen again getting dinner made for the two of them when he came back. She sighed heavily and finished up before she went to call him in "Dinner's ready Jeff!!" She yelled before she walked back inside and made two plates for them to sit at the table

Carlos looked over at his mom when she came to sit back down cuddling close to her "Mommy can I watch any of daddy's movies?" He asked quietly hoping he could maybe see his father act.

She smiled over at him and chewed on her lip. “Not yet kiddo... oh... maybe. I’ll see if I can find the episode of him when he’s really young... you can tease him about how bad the tv show is.” She told him kissing his head. “I’ll get it for you tomorrow.” She smiled.

he came back in going to wash his hands off and sat down. “Thank you..... what?” He mutteredseeing she was frowning at him.

Carlos giggled and nodded some."Okay Mommy." He said happily before he turned his attention back to the TV to finish up the movie "Mommy do you have the other movies?" He asked hopefully

Sarah frowned softly as she watched him.and gave a heavy sigh "Look babe, I understand you're pissed. I understand you're hurting. Please don't take it out on me though, please let me talk to you about it. This is apart of OUR lives now I can have a conversation with you on this okay?" She said calmly to him

Carmen smiled some and nodded going to fish the dvd out of the cabinet, setting it up for him. “I have someone coming over in a minute okay? You can come meet them if you like.” She told him and went to get herself a drink from the kitchen. her mom was coming in the morning to meet Carlos so she was hoping he’d be comfortable enough with her so she could get away and go be with Pedro

“Don’t get me started Sarah on how there is no way you could understand what this woman did.... or what it’s like to have a kid out there you didn’t even know about.” He muttered.

Max took a deep breath and knocked on Carmen's door holding Ana close. She gave a small smile seeing Carmen open the door "Hi.." she said softly biting her lip hard

Sarah sighed heavily and nodded some "I know Jeff...I just...I think you should atleast let her have supervised visitation." She explained taking a deep breath "The child deserves both her parents."

Carmen looked her over and sighed heavily. “That’s jeffs kid isn’t it.” She mumbled as she let her into the house. “Pedro isn’t here. He was getting migraines and was running a fever so he’s at the hospital right now. They’re running tests.... I hear Jeff is trying to take full custody.” She muttered.

“why? You don’t fucking know her. I don’t trust her to raise a child. Soon as something gets difficult she runs away. I don’t trust her not to abandon Ana at the drop of a hat anyway.” He told her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back