• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Instant Family

Max stood in her apartment looking at her full body mirror making sure her hair and makeup looked good with her outfit before she left for the night. Her friend's husband had just gotten home from overseas and she wanted to throw him a surprise party. She loved the two of them more than anything but she also envied them at times. She had always wanted that happy family life and she always fell short. The last guy she had been with was verbally abusive and since then she hadn't been with anyone. Though tonight she wanted to go out and have fun for once, not sit in her house cooped up like she normally did.

Pedro smiled happily as he stepped off the plane and made his way to the terminal. When he finally made it out he ran over to his wife pulling her into his arms and instantly spinning her around"Mí Amor." He murmured to her before he kissed her lovingly. He had been gone for months now filming Game Of Thrones and finally he had finished up. He had wanted to take his wife with him but she had to stay due to the posibility of her being pregnant. Unfortunately it was a false positive and their plans to start a family had to be placed on hold until he got back to her.

Carmen had been waiting for what felt like hours before she finally saw the mess of hair on top of the man she loved and she opened her arms wide, wrapping her legs around him once he got to her "Hey there handsome, I'm waiting here for my husband to get back, not sure he'd appreciate this." She teased him, kissing him back and held onto him tightly as she could "Mmm... I've missed you so much." She squealed happily. "Come on, let's get your bags to the car then we can go home! Edgar misses his Dad way too much." She giggled, keeping up the appearance of her being happy while they were in public. She absolutely was happy that he was finally home but at the same time she so desperately wanted a kid and for them to complete their family and so far she hadn't managed to hold a pregnancy longer than four months and she was losing hope fast now.

Jeff was going over the last of the instructions that Carmen had left for him to finish getting everything set up. They were all glad for PEdro to get home and glad that he and his friend were both finally finding good footing and a big break in the acting world around the same time. Pedro had always had the advantage of being good for theatre at least and Jeff had been doing local commercials to get by plus the odd bar shift at a friend's place in town but then he'd picked up Grey's Anatomy and now he'd picked up the part of a screwed up father on a new TV show that was looking like it would be a hit and things were looking up. He glanced towards the hallway when the doorbell went and Edgar was going mad, heading to get it and saw a young woman on the other side, one he recognised from the photos Carmen always put up on social media "You must be Maxine.... come on in, she's just found him at the airport you're in good time." He smiled at her shyly and shut the door behind her, walking off to the kitchen again to get a beer

Pedro chuckled softly and soon put her down to go get his bags "How have you been?" He asked softly having not been able to talk to her for the past two days. He was so happy to be home with his wife and what he wanted now was to take a little time off and try to get their family started. He had never fully pictured himself as a father until he met Carmen and after he found out how badly she wanted to be a mother his views on the subject changed completely.

Max knocked on the door to Carmen's place smiling some when she saw a familiar face open the door. She knew who he was from Grey's Anatomy but she would keep calm and collected like she always did when she came to their gatherings. She gave a small nod to him when he said her name and followed him to the kitchen "That I am. Do you need any help setting up?" She asked seeing a few things food trays not placed out. She looked to the ground when she heard a small bark and laughed lightly before she picked Edgar up "Hey there buddy."

She shrugged a little "Okay... Busy with work, having to keep myself satisfied in bed." She winked at him and helped him push the cart out to their car "We're going straight home okay? How was the flight?" She asked him, getting the bags into the trunk and shut it again, turning to face him, slipping her arms around his shoulders. "No travelling for a while right? You're home? Coaching?" She asked wanting him just to confirm it with her again for the hundredth time.

Jeff smiled at the dog a little "He's been needy since she left to go get him... Uh... no we're pretty set up, you want a drink?" He asked her, leaving the fridge open for her to pick something herself and he disappeared into the bathroom downstairs to keep himself calm and get away from being alone one-on-one with a girl in that kind of environment.

Pedro chuckled some and gave a small nod to her "Oh I can definitely be there for you in bed now." He muttered before nipping at her earlobe. He gave another nod as she started to ask about his traveling giving a small but not upset sigh "Yes my dear, I am stayimg here for atleast six months to a year to coach and maybe do a few plays. No international travel though." He explained while he stuffed his bags into the trunk of the car.

Max gave a small smile and nodded "I bet he has." She murmured. She got up to get herself a drink but frowned softly as he immediatrly left almost a little too quickly. Did she really make him that uncomfortable? Her doubts startimg to creep in as they always did whenever she was in group settings since she had been with her ex.

Carmen smiled a little and shook her head "Alright alright I was just checking." She murmured, pecking his cheek and getting into the car, waiting til he was in the passenger seat before heading out of the lot to go home finally. "I love you." She smiled over at him some, taking his hand once they hit the freeway.

Jeff came out once the text from Carmen came through that they were headed back "Hey, they're gonna be here in about twenty minutes." He called through the house to everyone, glancing over and catching Max's eye momentarily before heading out back for a minute to make sure no random lights were left on, frowning some when he heard her voice out there with him, "You should wait in the lounge, I'm just waiting to hear the car before I turn all the lights out." He muttered

Max noticed Jeff walking around and out to the back patio. She followed him out wondering what it was that was drawing her to him "I'll be fine out here. I'll help you." She said sipping her soda some before she leaned on the railing as she watched him "I know this may sound odd but...I loved you in Grey's." She said giving a small laugh and blushing lightly

Pedro started to drive off and smiled happily as he drove "I love you too beautiful." he murmured. As they finally pulled into their driveway he smiled and quickly got out "Oh where is my Edgar?!" He called leaving his bags in the car while he ran up to the door.

She smiled, jumping out the car with him and shook her head "Slow down." She laughed, pecking his cheek and got her keys out, unlocking the front door and letting him go through to the lounge where Edgar was curled up in his bed, wagging his til the moment he saw Pedro.

Jeff frowned more "Thanks." He muttered, not usually this stand offish around other people but she was making him really uneasy and he didn't like feeling like that at all. He made his way inside and shut the lights all off soon as he heard the car coming down the drive, waiting in the dark with everyone else.

Max frowned more at him and sighed heavily. She made her way inside when she heard the car pull up. She stood away from everyone smiling softly as she heard Pedro's voice. As the lights flipped on she yelled out surprise with everyone.

Pedro got inside and smiled wide seeing the light on for Edgar. He went over and picked him up holding him close. He turned to Carmen judt as the lights flipped on and everyone showed themselves yelling surprise. He smiled wider looking at Carmen "Did you plan this?" He asked seeing the big Welcome Home sign

Carmen smiled watching him some, walking over once the lights were all on, kissing his chin and nodded "No Edgar planned it... Course I did.... We gotta keep you awake and what better way to do that than with a party?" She smiled, pecking his cheek and going to get him a beer, bumping into Max by the fridge "Hey, nice to see you made it in the end." She smiled at her, "What's wrong? I know that look."

Jeff grinned as they all jumped out and let people go greet him til he was left alone again and he wandered over "Good to have you back stateside." He smiled, bumping his shoulder "So any spoilers you can give us for the show?" He chuckled teasing him some

Max smiled softly at her friend and waved some "Hey there, yeah I decided to get out here." She murmured. She shook her head some "Its nothing...that guy...the one who played Denny, does he hate me for some unknown reason? He just seems like he wants to be nowhere near me." She explained quietly

Pedro smiled happily at her and started to talk to everyone before he went to Jeff "No no spoilers for anyone!" He said chuckling a bit "How did that audition for that dad role go?" He asked placing Edgar back in his bed. It had been a bit since he last talked with Jeff

Carmen smiled shaking her head "I don't know how he could hate you if he's never met you before. Jeff's a great guy... Damaged goods... but a great guy, don't let him stress you out okay?" She smiled at her and passed her another drink "Here, get this down you, if you get too drunk we have a guest room... Relax alright?" She encouraged smiling some, grabbing Pedro a beer and headed out to him, sitting next to him on the couch once Jeff left, "Hey there... Welcome home handsome." She smiled, pecking his cheek and slipping her arms around him.

He chuckled and shook his head "Never any fun... Yeah I got it, so it went well, gonna finally be getting proper roles and not have to worry about commercials anymore." He chuckled "What about you? I know Car was saying you aren't taking anything major on for a while but anyone asking for you yet?" He asked, chatting with him a while longer til Carmen appeared near them and he excused himself to get another drink, leaving them to it, bumping into Max again once he was in the kitchen sighing heavily.

Max sipped on the beer Carmen had handed her and gave a small nod "I'll try.." she murmured giving her a small smile. She gave a heavy sigh as she saw Jeff come in as well and bit her lip softly "Hi." She said softly taking another drink from her beer.

Pedro chuckled some and gave a nof "Yeah we're gonna try for a family again." He explained. They chatted for a bit longer until Carmen came by and he waved bye to Jeff. He pulled Carmen to sit on his lap and kissed her cheek softly "Hey beautiful, thank you for this." He murmured while he kept her close to him "I love you more than anything in this world."

She smiled and pecked his lips, slipping her free arm around him. “Mmm... it’s easier to get everyone greeted in one go then loads of different get togethers.” She explained, “max is upset. Thinks Jeff hates her even though they’ve never met before.” She mumbled.

Jeff just nodded over at her. “How do you know carmen then?” He asked her feeling like he should at least try to make conversation with her seeing how hard she had been trying.

Pedro shook his head some "Jeez that guy really did a number on her self esteem." He murmured before he glanced over and gave a small smile seeing them talking "Looks like they're talking now....you know I'm surprised I didn't think of it earlier but they'd be a good match." He murmured

Max looked over at him a bit surprised that he actually responded to her "Oh....well when she modeled I was her photographer. We were always close and stayed in touch after she left the agency I used to work for." She explained before she started drink more of her beer. Her nerves starting to really mess with her "How do you know Pedro?"

Carmen smiled a little at him, holding onto him a little tigter "I'm pretty sure that the last time you tried to play matchmaker it ended horribly so you should stay out of it." She giggled, pecking his lips, "Mmm... Once everyone leaves I'm getting you up to bed." She told him quietly "Five months since I was in Dubrovnik.... Five months too long papí." She smiled.

Jeff nodded some "Oh right.... I uh, well we're both actors... we worked together on a play." He muttered raising an eyebrow "Are you sick? You've just gone really pale." He told her seeing she was sweating and looking really tense "You ant some water instead?" He asked her, going to get a glass out the cabinet for her to use, not wanting her to get sick on him or on the kitchen floor. No one wanted to clean that up

Pedro chuckled some and kissed her lips gently "Mmmm I know, maybe we should end this party a little early huh?" He murmured while he trailed kisses down her neck

Max gave a small nod and took deep breaths to keep herself calm "I'm okay, a play huh? Thats cool." She said before taking the glass of water from him "Thank you.." she murmured softly to him

"We could, or i could make you wait." Shr giggled, pushing his face away "Plus... there's no rush. Time isn't right for making babies." She told him quietly, pressing her forehead to his sighing a little and curled in close to him some more, just enjoying having him near her again rather than on the other side of a video screen

He nodded some and watched her "You don't look okay... Need me to drive you home tonight?" He asked her as he'd only had the one beer and she was already over the limit. "I don't mind, Pedro told me once you don't live very far from me." He told her, mostly wanting to make sure she got home safe

Max sipped her drink and gave a small nod "If...if you don't mind." She said softly giving a heavy sigh. She finished her water and shook her head more to herself than anything, she knew that this was a bad idea and now she had a man taking her home because she couldn't get ahold of herself.

Pedro chuckled some and kept her close to him "Oh my dear, the first night is not for making babies, thats for after I ravage your body." He murmured watching all of his friends while they chatted with eachother

She smiled shaking her head "You're being dangerous Mr. Pascal... Be a little more patient then we'll be up in our room." She murmured to him, kissing his cheek and soon, curled into him, content for now with just cuddling him, having missed just having him there with her.

Jeff frowned "I don't have to if you don't want it... I don't mean any funny business.... I mean I'm sure they have a spare bed here if you're really that against it." he muttered, shaking his head a little as he watched her frowning at him

Max took a deep breath and shook her head some "No..no its fine you can drive me." She said softly "God you must think I'm pathetic." She muttered to herself not knowing she had said her thoughts out loud.

Pedro chuckled before he pulled her in close and sat there contently with her for the rest of the night until the party started to wind down

Eventually after most people left Jeff went to find Max again and tapped on her shoulder "Come on then, I got a job tomorrow and I think these two wanna get some alone time, "Pedge I'll talk to you later." He called and waved to them both, taking Max's arm to keep her steady on her feet while he walked her to his truck, "You got your house keys?" He asked not wanting to get there and her not able to get in. He wasn't about to invite some random chick back to his place.

Carmen was tidying a little once everybody was gone, just about finished when she felt hands snake around her waist "We're finally home alone then?" She hummed and leaned back against him, placing her hands over his.

Max sat in that same spot for the rest of the night unable to move at all. She looked at Jeff as he came in and gave a small nod standing up and leaning on him for support. Once they were at his truck she got inside quick and sighed heavily "Yeah I got them...I'm sorry about this...I don't know what happened to me."

Pedro said goodbye to Jeff and Max as they walked out and quickly made his way to Carmen. He snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him "Mhmmm he are." He murmured before he let his hands slide all over her body

Users who are viewing this thread

Back