• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Instant Family

She frowned and took his hand gently as she sat with him and waited til his nurses left. “At least you’re get some kind of warning... you okay?” She asked him cupping his cheek and just made him look at her while she lay next to him.

Jeff was in a better mood all through the afternoon but still ignoring Sarah for the most part, just not wanting to deal with her bullshit right now.

Sarah found him happily watching TV in the living room "Whats got you in such a great mood?" She asked giving him a small smile. She loved him and she hoped once Maxine was gone they could get back to how they were.

Pedro gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "Yeah I guess so...I'm worried...just hoping they'll be able to get this out of me." He said quietly

She nodded some. “So am I.... otherwise you’re gonna be in trouble.... cause you promised til we were 90 in rocking chairs and I still count almost 50 years til then.” She teased trying to lighten his mood a little, running her fingers through his hair.

“Anas coming tomorrow. I’m gonna get her room finished tonight.” He told her. “We agreed sole custody. she’s coming with the social worker tomorrow at 10.”

Pedro gave a small chuckled and kissed her hand gently "I love you beautiful." He whispered holding her close to him "We are going to be okay...and we'll have our family and we'll be happy." He said softly

Sarah gave a nod and cuddled up close to him sighing softly "Well I'm glad you two could settle things. I'm sure we'll make Ana very happy here." She said softly

-2 months-
Carmen had been hanging out in the car with Pedro, outside of Carlos's new school for the past hour or so, worrying. They'd dropped him off and he'd been excited but at the same time she couldn't help but worry about him and she'd been waiting to see if they called to say he needed to go home again. "Well.... he's made it an hour so far... You feeling up for breakfast out or do you wanna get home?" She asked Pedro, looking to him for what he wanted. The day after the confirmation of the brain tumor they'd been dealt another blow that it was also in his bones and his lungs. They were treating it but watching him get sicker from the treatment had been really difficult on all three of them and she was so scared of losing him.

Jeff had been up real early with Ana, opting to sleep in her room the rest of the night as she'd been poorly all through it but she seemed to be feeling a little better now so he'd bundled her up in the little snowsuit he'd got her and took her out with him to get the farm done. He no longer had much choice as Sarah had left him a week ago. He'd finally been the one to end things with her and now that it was just him and Ana he was the most chilled out and content he'd ever been, starting to wonder if maybe he was just better off as a single Dad.

Pedro squeezed her hand softly as they sat outside of the new school Carlos was going to giving a small sigh "I'm sure he is okay babe." He said softly smiling some at her "Ihop sounds good if you're down for that." He said softly before he went into a small coughing fit. Since his diagnosis he had become weaker and could barrly do much without running out of energy. Chemo was draining him and even though he wanted to end it because he hated it so much he knew he needed to keep it up for his family.

Max drove down past Jeff's farm while on her way to work like she always did since it was on her route. Though when she noticed him out with a purple little blob on his hip she slowed her car and parked on the side of the road. These last two months had been hard on her without Ana there, she always tried to call Jeff to see if she could see their daughter but he never answered. She got out of her car after she had parked and stood at the fence her feet sinking in the snow but she didn't care once she heard Ana's laugh echo through the area.

She nodded some and gave his hand a squeeze "Alright, I just got some editing to do when we get home but I'm home all day." She told him quietly, rubbing his arm gently til he settled and then started driving "Oh I hope he makes a couple friends." She mumbled, chewing on her lip. The good thing for them was because it was his first year of middle school, a lot of the other kids would be new as well this year so hopefully that would help him find someone at least. She kept the radio down and stayed quiet when she realised he'd fallen asleep on the way there, just letting him get any rest he needed.

He smiled as she was trying to reach the alpaca's faces but they kept pulling away from her more til eventually one of them nudged her hand and she squealed with delight, Jeff cuddling her even closer then "Oh he's so cheeky isn't he." He chuckled and kissed her head, chucking in the last of the feed before turning to go back to the feed shed, stopping in his tracks when he saw Max standing by the fence, sighing heavily but made his way over anyway. "Hey. What do you want?" He muttered.

Pedro smiled softly and nodded some "I know babe, I'm sure he'll make some." He whispered before he started to nod off to sleep. He was always tried and would fall asleep multiple times throughout the day. He woke up once car was parked and grunted softly giving her a smile "Are we here?" He asker hopefully while his stomach growled

Max gave a small smile when she saw Ana and smiled wider when she squealed and reached for her "I just wanted to see our daughter Jeff." She said softly reachingnout and letting Ana take her finger in her hand "She looks adorable in her snow suit...how um how is she?" She asked not able to take her eyes off of Ana

Carmen smiled gently over at him once she heard his voice again "Hey there sleepyhead, yeah we're here." She told him, pecking his cheek and got out the car with him, heading inside to get a table with him, "I've got a photo shoot tomorrow morning, after the school run but then after that I'm yours all day, you've got an appointment with the neurologist." She reminded him yawning some. Where he was sleeping more than ever she was getting barely any. Between him and Carlos she was run off her feet but at the same time all the worry and stress was keeping her from drifting off at night and it was starting to weigh on her a little.

Jeff frowned some, stepping back a little and keeping Ana close to him "She's doing great. I'm glad you think I wouldn't tell you if she was having any problems." He muttered, shaking his head some while he watched his little girl, refusing to even look at Max, "I don't want her just stood still in this cold and I've got a lot of work to do... So goodbye Maxine." He muttered, heading off to the feed shed again with Ana attached to his hip and waving back at her mom giggling

Max sighed heavily and shook her head some "Thats not what I meant Jeff and you know it." She murmured frowning as he pulled her away "Bye Jeffrey." She muttered waving goodbye to Ana before she went back to her car and took off crying softly the entire time until she finally got to work

Pedro walked in with her and gave a small nod "Right sounds good, how has the shoots been?" He asked rubbing the back of her hand gently "You wanna go home after this and watch movies once you're done with work?"

Carmen smiled some and shrugged "Long... Boring... No one wants to enjoy themselves anymore and the girls that I work with these days are all so up themselves." She muttered shaking her head some. "One girl freaked out about Carlos being with me even though he spent the whole time in my dressing room." She muttered shaking her head some. "They want everything on a plate but they don't wanna pay their dues fir... Pedge? You okay?" She asked him carefully as she turned to find him sitting down on the floor on the way to their table

He was muttering under his breath having been put in a grumpier mood now but it went away the more he spent time with Ana, letting her ride on his lap when he took stuff out to the goats in their shed across the land, using the little john deere gator to get out there. His farm hand would be up at some point that mroning to do work anyway but he enjoyed the early morning stuff before going back inside to get breakfast done for him and Ana, setting her up in her high chair.

Ana giggled happily as she sat in her high chair watching him some "M...mm...mama!" She squealed out looking at him smiling just like Max as she watched him "Mama!!"

Pedro started to feel dizzy before he sat down and took deep breaths to calm himself down. He looked at Carmen as she came over nodding some "I just got dizzy." He whispered taking her hand to stand back up and make his way to the table with her. With his loss of energy he had been getting dizzy fits frequently and sometimes they turned to seizures.

She frowned but nodded and helped him up again and to their table, squeezing his hand some. “Ernie is still calling me about trying to convince you to tell people.” She mumbled shaking her head some. “I still think it’s none of their fucking business.” She muttered as she looked over the menu, still holding his hand.

“no you silly goose. Dada... you gotta say dada.” He chuckled and kissed her head passing her a sippy cup of juice while he finished up the other bits and finally sat down with her

Pedro shook his head some and took a deep breath "He think it'll help people remember me when I come back...but I want this to be about our family not the entire world in it." He muttered sighing heavily

Ana shook her head and laughed again before she started to eat her food with him. Once she was done and rightly messy from her yogurt she looked at Jeff and raised her arms up for him to get her messy top off "Mama!!"

She frowned sighing heavily. “I know and that’s the thing.” She mumbled, looking up and ordering when their waitress came, waiting while he still decided and eventually ordered as well then took his hand. “Oh! I got his Christmas list off him. He insisted that he didn’t want to write one to Santa but I told him he had to write one for us.” She said pulling it out of her bag.

Jeff smiled some and kissed her head. “Dada... say dada.” He coaxed and got her upstairs for a bath before going out again to work on the tractor, this time keeping ana in her playpen on the other side of the room so she wouldn’t get hurt.

Pedro gave a small nod and ordered his food before he smiled taking the list from her "He is a simple boy isn't he?" He chuckled kissing her hand gently "What else do you think he might like? You think a game system?" He asked quietly

Max frowned softly when she got a phone call from a random number and picked up thankful she was on break for the time being. She went wide eyed when she heard a nurse asking her to come up to the hospital as soon as she could.

She smiled some. “Said he didn’t want to ask for too much and seem greedy.” She mumbled sighing some. “I think we should get him a bicycle, I can teach him how to ride it and that way when we walk the dog he can have a bike to play around with.” She told him. “I put a switch console on my list so ... you know... we can always make that a family present.” She pouted st him some

Ana was crying in Adams arms when she got there and looked over reaching for her ‘Tractor came off the stop blocks while the engine was on and it ran him over, got in to find him being crushed under the big wheel.” He muttered. “They’re worries about how long he was under for.“ He explained as he handed Ana over to her.

Pedro chuckled some and gave a nod smiling more "A bike sounds great." He said softly before giving a small sigh "I want to take him to Chilé...let him see how beautiful it is." He murmured gently taking a deep breath

Max rushed to the hospital taking Ana into her arms going wide eyed "Oh my god....is he is surgery or in a room? Where is he?!" She asked worriedly while she bounced Ana to calm her down

She frowned some. “They told you no flying though honey... not with the brain tumour.” She mumbled watching him. “When we get you better you can go.” She promised, sitting up once their food arrived.

“they have him in one of the resus bays but they’re gonna take him in for surgery soon. They’re sure he’s cracked at least a few ribs. Worried about punctured lungs.” He explained.

Pedro gave a nod and sighed some "Yeah thats what I meant....this sucks." He mumbled sipping his drink and sighing heavily "So we should definitely get him some Marvel things as well. He loved all the movies." He said softly

Max gave a nod and frowned more giving a heavy sigh "Where can we wait for him?" She asked softly holding Ana close to her for the first time since she left her with Jeff

She nodded some and kissed his hand. He’d gone quiet while they ate so she let him be, doing some work on her phone before taking them back to the house, getting inside and just shutting the door behind her when she heard a loud thud come from the kitchen and looked round the corner seeing him seizing on the floor while she grabbed a towel and set it under his head just sitting with him and trying to soothe him frowning some.

“they told me in this lobby.” He told her frowning some. “You okay?” He asked sighing some. He knew her from back when he was just a friend of jeffs when they were together but he’d gone to work for him as well a year ago.

Max gave a small sigh and nodded "As okay as I can be I guess.." she said softly while she held Ana close "Things haven't been exactly easy these last few months with Jeff but I do hope he is okay." She said quietly before she sat down

Pedro got home with her and went to make a glass of water but grunted when he fell down and started to seize on the floor. He woke up a bit later and grunted softly seeing Carmen next to him "What happened?" He asked quietly

Carmen frowned, "Easy, easy.... here." She mumbled, taking his arms and helping him get propped up against the cabinets, sitting next to him again, "You had another seizure... No warning this time." She frowned kissing his cheek, "You've been out for half an hour though. I was just about to call the hospital." She told him gently, "Do you think you can stand? I wanna get you up to bed." She told him, helping him up and then supported him up the stairs and into their room, getting him laying under the covers and she eventually came to lay with him. Her work could wait.

He nodded some, looking up when they called Jeff's name out and asked for family, going with MAx up to where the nurse was. 'He's just come out of surgery, into a recovery ward, you can come see him if you like, he's not going to be very aware but he's kind of awake.' She explained to them.

Pedro gave a heavy sigh and got up slowly making his way to bed with her "I'm sorry I'm so worthless and unhelpful right now." He said quietly before holding her close to him "I love you Carmen...so much." He whispered softly while he let his head rest on her chest

Max walked back with a now sleeping Ana to him giving a heavy sigh. She sat down across from his bed and frowned at how battered and bruised he was at the moment "Oh Jeff....please get better." She whispered taking his hand in hers

Carmen snorted a little and laughed "I don't think I've ever heard ou say something so stupid." She told him, running her fingers through his hair. "I made a promise when we got married that I would be here for you no matter what... Obviously within reason... And this is the what... This isn't your fault baby." She murmured kissing his head gently, "I love you more than I could ever say... I'm worried about you but I'm not mad.... I could never be mad abo..." She trailed off when she realised he'd now fallen asleep and she just held him close, letting herself cry quietly while he was asleep.

Jeff groaned a little, looking over at her, pulling his hand away but not saying anything, no energy in him to do so, more worried about Ana than anything else seeing as she'd witnessed the whole thing and up until he passed out from his injuries all he'd heard was her screaming and crying, worried about his little girl, making grabby hands for her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back