• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Inside the Great Maker - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It is a cold day in Ein, but most days are. This day in particular is quite chilly with temperatures dipping down into the upper twenty's, leaving a coating of frost on many surfaces that have not been wired with Red Jade filaments to keep them ice free. Most people are staying inside, and those that have to brave the elements are bundled up in layers of heavy fabric as they move quickly between the various heating obelisks that pump out life-giving warmth.

Right now, our Champions find themselves faced with problems not at all related to the ice and cold outside. First, there is a troubling movement in the lower working classes and the Lumpen trying to install a new system of government that will favor their needs and desires. Normally, this would be of little consequence and the various counter-intelligence cells would be able to root out this rot in the body of the Populat, but there has been no successes in finding out the identity of the leaders of this movement, other than the name Amon. Who this person is remains a mystery, and several under cover agents have gone missing in their efforts to infiltrate Amon's inner core.

Next, the numbers of other workers coming up missing is on the rise. No bodies have been found, leaving no trace of the missing factory workers.

There is a issue that is of concern to not just the people of Ein, but all of Kamak. Your nation shares borders with Estasia, a very aggressive nation that has just negotiated a peace with Yugash, a close ally to Kamak after nearly a decade of fighting. There has been several "incidents" on the border involving troops from both sides trading blows, leading to a lot of saber rattling from Estasia and talks of war with Kamak. They claim that Kamaki troops have been violating their borders along with several Champions from Ein. The Tripartite Assembly in Ein and Kamak as a whole deny this happening, and all of you can personally attest to the veracity of this claim. It is suspected that Estasia is using these incidents as a excuse to invade, and as a result, the military forces of Kamak are on high alert.

In order to try and avoid any conflict and peacefully resolve these differences, a peace summit is about to be held in Ein with several members of the Estasian leadership coming over to lay out what evidence they claim to have. There is going to be a honor guard to meet the delegation that will include Hammer of the Populat and Thousand Gears of Industry, along with the four of you to make sure that security is going to be locked up tight.

The conference is scheduled to take place in two days, giving you some time to look over the security arrangements and coordinate with one another to guarantee the safety of the delegates on both sides of the table.

Psychie Psychie WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Crocodile Crocodile Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

Relentless Laborer of Sacred Unity steps down from the Vat. Steam rises from her peerless body. She looks at her fist and flexes. The feeling of her combat configuration being re-implanted is that of extasy.

“Will that do, Mistress?” the Vat tenants ask.

“Yes,” Unity replies with a devilish smile. “I have what I need.” Grabbing her gear, she suits up and heads for the meeting with the others.

Last edited:
Most Assurant of Three Assemblies is currently in the heart of the medical center, working with the Meticulous Surgeons in their work to perfect the new Neural Net in the next set of candidates for the procedure when the large mechanical wasp on her shoulder gives out a attention-getting buzz. "Mistress? It is time for your meeting to go over the security protocols for the summit."

Ma3a removes the probe from the cranium of the subject and retracts it into her hand once more. "Thank you, Ghost. What would I do without you?"

The insect lets out another buzz, this one Ma3a can recognize as an expression of humor. "Let us hope we never have to find out, Mistress. Do you have any thoughts on just what you will be called on to do?"

The Exalt shrugs. "It doesn't really matter, since whatever that needs to be done will be. Come. Let us hasten. I do not want to be late." She gives a nod to the other medical technicians and heads for the door.

Justice Enforcement Engine was going over planning for the meeting. His regulators and clerks moving about as the officers under his command gather round. He wanted to give the Estasians no reason whatsoever on this end to go start more trouble at home. He was often a meticulous planner considering his running of a mobile Olgotary office handing down judgments or looking into rebellious elements.

"I want the servers all checked and cleared. The last thing we need is poisoning," Justice said pointedly as he looks up from the layout for the conference. "The avenues needs to be secured and monitored as well. I want them checked aggressively and roamers discouraged or detained."

He walks around the the display more and rubs his chins. Rattling off more preparations but also knowing he'd need to meet with the other Alchemicals to ensure they had things covered.

Relentless Laborer of Sacred Unity steps into the room with her familiar, Scrapper, on her heels. When Unity stops at the table, the great cat construct sits still as a statue next to her.

“Justice,” Unity says and nods. “Good to see you again. And so soon. Hopefully this will go as smoothly as our last go round.” Her smile is wry.

“What do you have, so far?”

Ma3a enters the room just as Unity asks his question, so she pipes up with, "A potential disaster on our hands if things don't go well. This meeting may be all that can alter the course of the two nations and keep us from war." She looks about the room that they are meeting in, and lets out a sigh. "A explosive device in the meeting hall would cause the most harm to both sides of the table. I believe that we should dedicate some of our time to look into the backgrounds of all of the security personnel that have access to any of the counsel chambers. Its not that I believe that any of our people would be a part of something like that, but it will be best to cover all of our bases. Ghost and I can take care of the interrogations if you would like."

Justice nods his greetings to both of his compatriots. His attention shifting to them more from his personnel who continued to work out cordones and checkpoints for his review.

"It does indeed hold potential disaster, but this also plays into Estasian behavior. They've used meetings as excuses before to push ahead with their wars. Revolutionary elements have also attempted to start wars to destabilize the Tripartite to weaken the state in preparation for a coup in the past," He notes with as sigh, all too familiar with the history, law and politics of his homeland. It was his duty to be knowledgeable, to hold perspective to ensure his rulings in trials were always fair in the eyes of the law of Kamak and its people.

"We can start having personnel checked, though infiltrators trouble me more. I trust those who've served under me, but I doubt they'll balk at some questioning if only to show solidarity with those now directly under me. It aids to maintain morale to not show favoritism in such matters, makes other parties more cooperative and morel likely to point out odd behavior in their ranks," said the soulsteel judge and security officer as he looks to the others.

“I worry less about explosives,” Unity says, adding to the previous point. “That has short-term written all over it. These accusations smell more of long-term invasion or annexation. I worry the pot is being stirred for what comes directly after. Not just to stir.”

Ma3a lets out a snort. "What better way to jump-start a war than to have the visiting diplomats get killed off in what should be a secure location in the heart of our city? In any case, it will fall upon us to make sure that such an event does not happen and that everything goes as planned. Let us allow these Estasians present their 'proof' that we have been responsible for the attacks and we will rebuff them with the captured Estasian uniforms that we have taken in the raids that they are responsible for. Come, Ghost. Let us begin our investigations."

As the Circle moves out to begin their checks of the various people and places that the conference will be using, you find that the other two Exalts, Hammer of the Populat and Thousand Gears of Industry, already hard at work. The older Jade caste and the newly formed Orichalcum caste are already examining locations along the approach and the rooms that the foreign delegates will be using during their stay. Hammer and Gears both come over to give you their reports. From what they have to say, you know that it will take another several shifts to complete the security exam, even if you don't suspect that there will be any signs of IED's or any other possible tampering. Still, the work continues.

Everyone, please give me a Perception + Awareness roll, with five extra dice added to your pool for the extra time being spent on your examinations.

Over the course of the next several shifts, the Exalts and their human assistants tear apart every inch of the counsel chambers and the rooms set aside for the visiting members of the Estasian delegation, and as expected, you find nothing untoward waiting there for them. Also, the various background checks and interviews conducted on the security force come back with no abnormalities to report. It would appear that Ein is now ready for the meeting.

As things wrap up, two members of the Tripartite Assembly come to pay you a visit. Autocrat Garret, Ein's leading law enforcement agent, and Celebrant Mera, the spiritual leader of the city, both make unannounced stops at the counsel chambers where the Exalts have gathered to go over your findings. The Autocrat quickly comes to the point. "We are concerned with the security of the upcoming summit, and want a update on the status of your examinations."

The Celebrant gives her fellow Assembly member a disapproving glance. "Oh, please. Our Champions are more than capable of the highest level of performance. I only wish to keep my grumpy coworker from making any unfounded accusations of lax behavior on the part of Ein's best and brightest." She gives everyone a glowing smile that hides the layer of steel that everyone knows lies underneath her pleasant exterior.

Relentless Laborer of Sacred Unity spreads the holo-reports and findings out in the air with a wave using the Essence Projectors in the room.

“Our team has conducted extensive background checks and interviews of delegation personnel and security,” Unity says. “We have found no issue. In addition, we have found no threat within the counsel chambers planned to be used. I have now forwarded all the reports and documentation found thus far by our team to both your offices.”

"Thus far, we have found nothing to raise alarms. Our security forces for this shouldn't be the issue. Which sadly leaves the Estasian delegation as the origin point of main possible troubles," Justice replied to the pair of Tripartite leaders as he presented a report for them he had worked up.

"There is unfortunately the 'one soul' scenario that is the nightmare of all security arrangements. That being an individual determined to do something and is willing to die for it. All we can do for that scenario is have elements in place to rapidly respond. Combined with our own presence, hopefully that can be halted to, which brings us back to the Estasians. If they're looking to sabotage the summit themselves, that is the most likely trouble point," said the soulsteel judge calmly as he regards his superiors respectfully.

Garrett nods in agreement. "I can only hope that our 'friends' in Estasia are willing to treat honestly with us, and are not using this meeting as some kind of ruse. Champions, it is my fervent hope that all of you will be in attendance at the landing pad tomorrow when their skiff arrives? It is due in the third shift. I also expect that our security staff will be busy with dealing with a mass of political protesters that are against any contact with the delegates, along with some that see the opportunity to try and foster an air of peace between our two nations. While I am not expecting any difficulty, let's not take any chances."

Mera taps her finger on her chin. "Especially with so many of Ein's Tripartite Assembly in attendance at the landing grid."

Ma3a assures the two Assembly members, "Of course we will be there. The preservation of life is critical to all of us. No matter what, we will be ready." Turning to look at the other Exalts, she says, "I believe that it would do is well to have someone positioned in the crowd of people that is expected to arrive that can blend into the workers there. I can do so, and maintain a level of vigilance there. The other alternative I could suggest is that I use my gravity manipulator to perch on the underside of one of the nearby spires with my crossbow and optical camouflage active."

"Both options are viable, I personally will be with the welcoming parties. The position is optimal to give orders to the regulators I have under my command. It also allows me to be directly in position to shield a targeted individual with my form while showing a the commitment to security due to my strong links to the Olgotary," He said with a thought rubbing of his chin. An old habit from a past life he curiously seemed to never lose with each incarnation despite being an entirely new personality.

"At least one posting in a covert position would be excellent. If we would manage both, it would be better admittedly. The crowd position could help halt my 'one soul' scenario more discreetly. The elevated position would give better observation and aimed response to an incident...."

“I agree with having some one or several people in the crowd,” says Unity. “I’d prefer, personally, to be at the landing pad when we receive our ‘guests’, as you say, Autocrat Garret. If something were to go wrong there, I would want to be in the thick of it. And it is where my abilities will be best used. Otherwise, I can take a high perch on the high wall or on one of the towers. From there, I can assess and leap in any situation.”

Gears looks up at the towering figure of Hammer of the Populat. "Of the two of us, I would be able to blend into the crowd than our Jade Caste here could, leaving Most Assurant the option of taking her place cloaked up on the spires with her crossbow or joining me in the audience."

Hammer gives the much smaller Gears a friendly shove on her shoulder. "What are you talking about? I can blend in so well that you wouldn't even know I was there! Seriously, you have the truth of it. I will be best placed in a position on the landing pad where I can quickly respond to a threat to either delegation as a part of an honor guard."

Garret gives a smile without any amusement in it. "Excellent. I will leave you to your planning. I must return to my own duties." With that, the former Regulator gives a perfunctory nod and heads for the door.

Celebrant Mera offers up a more winning smile. "Thank you for your diligence in this matter, dear Champions. I have complete faith in your abilities to keep the summit safe. May the blessings of the Maker be upon you."

Now with the arrival due in just a few hours, you have some small downtime to be able to unwind from your marathon work.

Where will all of you be located for the arrival, and what Charms will you have installed?

Relentless Laborer of Sacred Unity will keep her combat configuration installed as-is. She would also like to be stationed on the landing pad during the arrival of the Estasia representatives.

She will activate Essence Shield Projector with 5m for the scene when the skiff is making its decent.

Justice Enforcement Engine will take time to relax, reviewing a few pieces on previous Estasian affairs of state and etiquette. More so to see if this will look like another meeting used simply as an excuse for war. Information was always oddly calming to him even if it could point to negative data.

He elected to keep his load-out as it was for a mixture of approaches considering crowd control and shouted orders were heavily his venue. He positioned himself on the landing pad with a contingent of his men to function at the honor guard unless others have been appointed. Making sure the rest are in position for security.

Ma3a will make her way to the Vats to replace her current Charm loadout for her combat one. She will have herself positioned in the middle of the crowds, using her Integrated Artifact Transmogrifier to conceal her Exalted nature and her Beamklave under her heavy cloak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back