• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Insert Catchy Title Here [F//, Urban Fantasy]

Syntra

Baba Yaga
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hi! Personally, I dislike overly long recruitment threads, so I'll try to be (relatively) concise here. I'm actually a chatty person, but this feels like I'm just screaming into the void and it makes me vaguely uncomfortable, haha. But anyway. What am I looking for?

Boring (but important) stuff under spoiler:

- Someone with a passion for writing. I like pretty words and good syntax, and it would be nice to write with someone who appreciates the same things. I don't care about post length that much; I write anywhere from 300 to 1000+ words depending on the situation. As long as you move the story forward and your writing is pleasant to read, we're good. (A sidenote: If you're interested in a sample, just stalk my profile. Most of my rps are public.)

- FxF. Yeah, I don't really roleplay anything else. If you aren't keen on that, please move along. I actually like doubling for the sake of making the world feel more expansive, but all romantic couples will be FxF anyway. No exceptions!

- 18+. I'm in my twenties and it would be strange to roleplay out certain scenarios with younger roleplayers. Sorry, friends.

- Romance, but the slowburn kind. In other words, I'm enemies to lovers trash. I also love fucked up scenarios, though I draw a line at abusive relationships. I don't enjoy that shit. What I enjoy is when the characters are fundamentally compatible on some level (usually personality, interests, sense of humor etc. etc.) but external circumstances make their relationship... complicated, to say the least. That's my jam, none of that 'and then she fell in love because Stockholm syndrome, and oh, also because her abuser is hot.'

- That said, I do like power imbalances and dark themes, but only as a source of drama/obstacles to the relationship rather than it being the foundation of that relationship, you feel me?

- Plot. The plot is kinda important to me as well. I mean, you can't really write 1000+ posts about the characters staring into each other's eyes lovingly, now can you?

- Frequency. Once a day is ideal! I can usually handle more than that, but sometimes I do get busy. Of course, life happens and I am understanding, so it's not like I'll ditch you if you happen to fall behind a little bit. It's just that I want the plot to go somewhere and I have a hard time staying invested when I only get like, one post a week consistently.

- Drama! Complicated, sprawling narratives with a big, recurring cast! Characters getting fucked over by their own shitty decisions! Larger than life personalities! Romance! In other words: go big or go home. Cowards need not apply. I'm here to cry tears of blood and I want you to cry with me. Also, be fine with graphic murder because I love writing about those, lol.

- OOC. I like to actually become friends with my partners, and OOC interactions can determine a lot re: how I feel about a plot. I mean, it's likely not going to work out if I can't feel comfy around you, lol.

Now, what do I actually want to write about? I've been in the mood for urban fantasy shenanigans, set in basically "our world" but not quite. You know the drill; things go bump in the night, and maybe we are those things or we hunt those things but dammit, we sure as hell are involved. Witches, vampires, minor gods -- you name it, I'm probably down. The point is that Supernatural Bullshittery is afoot, and we're going to have fun with that. Some quick ideas to get us started:

- Supernatural Police, because obviously a lot of shit happens and that shit needs to be taken care of, lest humans find out that their favorite legends are real and everyone gets fucked over. Fun times! Maaaybe with some bigger conspiracy in the background?

- Someone's rise to power in Supernatural Mafia? Gotta love murders and grudges, as well as characters pulling off insane plans. Centuries old grudges are a lot of fun, too!

- A Big ThreatTM turning everything upside down? You know, our supernaturals are just chilling in their city, peacefully - or not do peacefully - existing, and then they suddenly need to join forces with their enemies to prevent some kinda disaster.

- Whatever you come up with?

Obviously, all of these are super vague: the point is that we are supposed to come up with something together, so hit me up and we can talk.

Oh, and if we talked and I didn't respond, give me a poke. Likely, I lost the message, lol (and the past month or so has also kinda been a shitshow).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back