• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I knew there would be closer in size, but I was also informed that since my species is so large, they would be larger than most other characters. I am just trying to get a relative size for others so I can get a relative size for my guy.
Your guy would be close to 4cm

So would bugs that hunt other bugs be like serial killers in these societies? Perhaps monsters?
Haha, not in the city, there is a truce, but...outside the city? There are basically no rules. Though most bugs that have a rep for eating other sapient bugs regularly are generally not welcome in the city.

Ok, and I also think it would be cool that, hear me out, bugs that fight among themselves such as rhinoceros beetles would be considered gangs

Would we be able to try out for the Council? I've been imagining my Orchid mantis a soft-spoken old-lady grandma type for some reason and I keep imagining her to be someone like Magi Lune from Ferngully lmao, but I think that type of character might actually work for the Council

Question, since he is such a large species, would he be a bit larger than the 1-4 cm average? Not much larger. Like 5-7 cm? It's cool if not, just figuring out biology here.
just to clarify... you're aware he's like twice my character's size, right? he's the equivalent of running into a nine-foot-tall bodybuilder.

I was actually not aware of that. Thank you for clarifying.
I believe average height is around 2 cm. my character's a spider, so he's probably even shorter, and more long/wide than anything...

...so yeah, your guy's gonna be towering over him.

Remember, this isn't necessarily going to just be going from fight to fight and preparing in between - being too big can actually be a detriment depending on if you need to stealthy or diplomatic. Just remember to aim your character at the playstyle that works with you!

What I mean is that Silver's really good at coming up with a good plotline. While it will almost certainly involve combat, that's not going to be the only focus.

you like having the largest character in a thread or something?
Not really. I was just trying to figure out sizes. Since we are trying to keep it somewhat similar to irl. As such, since the Herc Beetle is so massive, I want to keep it somewhat parallel to the real versions of the insects.

Remember, this isn't necessarily going to just be going from fight to fight and preparing in between - being too big can actually be a detriment depending on if you need to stealthy or diplomatic. Just remember to aim your character at the playstyle that works with you!
Please don't think I am not only focused on combat. His size is going to be a key point in his character design. It is a point of his build I wanted to work this. That's it.

The character I am going for is real good. I think he will be diverse enough to participate in some level in any event. Yes, he is a REALLY good fighter, but he hates fighting. Only does it when needed. So, I just wanted to confirm biology in this world.

Okay, so I have the Lore for Hercules Beetles and my character thought out mostly. Now to write it down and buff it out.

Okay, so I have the Lore for Hercules Beetles and my character thought out mostly. Now to write it down and buff it out.
RPs in a nutshell. "Okay, I have an awesome idea! Now it's time to actually identify what that idea is! Because I know ahead of time that if I try to tell someone what the idea is, then it'll come out sounding more half-baked than cookie dough!"

RPs in a nutshell. "Okay, I have an awesome idea! Now it's time to actually identify what that idea is! Because I know ahead of time that if I try to tell someone what the idea is, then it'll come out sounding more half-baked than cookie dough!"
You are not wrong!

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Reading more about deathshead moths. (I'm most familiar with the bugs of North America, so Deathshead moths are not quite my area of expertise) Apparently they enter beehives and drink the honey. And they squeak. So there's an idea somewhere.

Maybe instead of being just a potioneer, my moth could be a bit more polymathic, just dabbling in things, proficient but not really an expert.

But then again, I might yet go with the Tick Cowpoke. They're growing on me, pun intended.

Any input from anyone is welcome, btw. Even if I don't go with suggestions, they might just help me know what I want.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Reading more about deathshead moths. (I'm most familiar with the bugs of North America, so Deathshead moths are not quite my area of expertise) Apparently they enter beehives and drink the honey. And they squeak. So there's an idea somewhere.

Maybe instead of being just a potioneer, my moth could be a bit more polymathic, just dabbling in things, proficient but not really an expert.

But then again, I might yet go with the Tick Cowpoke. They're growing on me, pun intended.

Any input from anyone is welcome, btw. Even if I don't go with suggestions, they might just help me know what I want.
Well, in my humble opinion, the idea of a "jack of all trades, master of none" character is interesting. My character is built around his size and strength. Making him a hard labor worker and a proficient soldier. That being said, he isn't just a random meat head. Having a swiss army knife for a character could come in handy with diplomatic problem and other such things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back