• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I'm heavily leaning towards playing an Orchid mantis, Hymenopus coronatus. As for lore, still kind of up in the air. But magic-wise...really leaning towards plant manipulation. Nothing drastic, but more like magically encouraging flowers to bloom sooner and ensuring healthy plantlife; they wouldn't just be taking care of orchids but rather other types of flowers and herbs. Perhaps even have an apothecary sort of set up. And maybe have a heavy alliance with the honey bees; food in exchange for protection against predators perhaps?
Love it. People can totally collab on lore if they want.

Hopefully the idea I sent Silver is a good one. It's basic right now, but if they see value in it, I hope we can develop it out more as a group.

Instead of going for the Giants, might i recommend the Bombardier Beetle? Y'know, the one with a grenade-like defense mechanism?
I looked into those. They are nice, but I had this idea for giant beetle culture that I wanted to build out. Basically, the bigger beetle species are a working class, doing most of the heavier lifting and such or being strong soldiers in armies. That and the bigger species have always been a favorite of mine.

I looked into those. They are nice, but I had this idea for giant beetle culture that I wanted to build out. Basically, the bigger beetle species are a working class, doing most of the heavier lifting and such or being strong soldiers in armies. That and the bigger species have always been a favorite of mine.
Fair enough! In that case; Hercules beetle. Titan's bigger, Herc's stronger.

Fair enough! In that case; Hercules beetle. Titan's bigger, Herc's stronger.
Lovely! Thank you. Maybe I can make the Hercules Beetle character an established soldier. And make the species as a whole a real working class. Construction maybe or moving heavy loads like transport?

Now the only problem is finding suitable character reference for him. Lol.

Might be hard given the species.

And a honeybee, and an orchids mantis, and...
I can imagine my character just giving rides to all the smaller folk. His big old wings just causing havoc as he flies around. However, my interest is in your spider at the moment. Will it be male or female out of curiosity?

I can imagine my character just giving rides to all the smaller folk. His big old wings just causing havoc as he flies around. However, my interest is in your spider at the moment. Will it be male or female out of curiosity?
He's a dood. Channels magic through charms to cast spells since he can't do it normally, and has a lil' spool on his back for web.

Don't forget the orange bitey thing haha.

Hazmat44 Hazmat44 That's such an interesting concept, have you done much for him yet? I haven't developed my character that far, but they are getting there haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back