• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Inquisition Reformed - Common Room

Oenanthe

Your Local Schmuck
tumblr_nk7dnulEeX1rhgu0no5_r1_400.gif

As the Inquisition grows, so does my urge to squeal over it. So I have created this space for extra activities, exercises, and misc. This is the place to post headcanons, short stories, character-building exercises, fan art, character playlist, and more!

Click Here For:
Roleplay Thread
Character Sheet
OOC Chatter

Heres our Discord
(For dice rolls & what not)

New! Character Development Exercise:
Make a soundtrack for your character consisting of 3 songs. You may do this however you like. Either representing 3 stages of their life, music they would like, or theme songs that fit them, just let us know in your post!

Keenan
The first song sort of describes Keenan's past right up to when the darkspawn attacked his village. His father visited very infrequently and he resented the fact. He struggled with his identity and what sort of purpose he had in the world.

The next song describes Adamant and his experience going through the horrors and trials of it, along with the events leading to it. The calling terrified him, but he clung to his duty, as he'd sword he would do whatever it took to keep the world safe from darkspawn.

The last represents his ideals, his end goal to be a true hero and protector of Thedas, this music I picture playing everytime Keenan does cool things in battle. It...also has a gryphon on it.

Maximillian Trevelyan

1) Max always wanted to be a hero and help people, he was a very idealistic and sweet boy even from the start.

2) I imagine Max would relate a lot with this song during the Inquisition as he is thrown into a position where everyone thinks of him as god status, and he knows that he's just a mediocre man trying his hardest. (Look just pretend its Max in the vid)

3) I can see him singing this to his little girl

Last edited:
Vunora

1) Being a vagabond never bothered Vunora and she loved life growing up with the clan. She was a carefree and happy girl.

2) From an early age nothing caught Vunora's constant curiosity like her own lost culture. She devoted her life to reclaiming their lost language, heritage, lore, and traditions. She loves her people and her gods and it breaks her heart that they have been so brutally broken by humans and their religion stamped out by the Chantry.

3) In the end, Vunora isn't afraid to just 'lose it' and let herself be a true free spirit

tumblr_ocztuq74t71tg3a8ao1_500.gif

"The queens and the court jesters
Clapped, adored
Their hearts swelled to overdrive
And mercy soared"

{Her life in the Great Game}

"Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused"

{Her upbringing/training as an assassin/spymaster}

"Well I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard
But I may snap when I move close
But you won't see me move no more
Cause I've got an elastic heart"

{Her thoughts on looking back of her life; her parents, other servants, etc.}

Numerious Agorix : Somehow I just feel...

Dramatic/Battle Theme for Numerious

Numerious the Complex & Deep Tevinter

Numerious The emotional journey yet completed

Theme #1 I think fits a Tevinter character for a dramatic scene music and battle music

Theme #2 I think provides a glimpse into the world Numerious lives. A look into the life he experiences on a regular basis. Kinda (?)

Theme #3 I think could represent his history and family/relationships aspect of his life. He pushes on toward his goal, toward his plans and yet feels the pain of his life's journey that has not yet come to a end and work completed.​

Last edited:
Theme 1: Would most likely be playing in his head during a fight. The quick string represents his quick and agile thinking while backed up with the orchestra, resembling the Qunari band he has under his wing.

Theme 2: The suspenseful and almost intimidating lyrics and beat sounds really negotiating and powerful. During a heated debate he articulates and shows his true colors as a passionate politician

Theme 3:Despite being adorned with beautiful things, inside can be cold and irritable. He hides secrets that none should know and it would ruin him. This theme represents the inner turmoil of this Quinari politician

I currently do not have any actual songs with Lyrics since I listen to more pop stuff and its just more suiting for the context of this rp

So I made this nice little header for all my post Inspired by nettie. nettie. Thinking about sizing it down, but anyway here it is! If any of you would like me to make one for you just PM me!

Okay, so somehow I completely missed all that has happened in here but I hope I am not too late to do the character development thing. I'll start with Tasuki then I'll do Serenity.

TASUKI
Okay this is how he started from childhood. Seeing the world as equal but wrong in how people treat others. He wants everyone to be treated equally and he sees the mages as the outcasts in this scenario.

This is from his teen years and forward. He sees himself as a betrayer and a deceiver but he only did it to keep her safe and hopes for redemption. He has no idea how long it will take to get that friendship back if at all. He feels like he sother in the back when she was nothing but good to him and trusted him.

This is when he finally became the leader of the rebellion and let himself be his true self and let his fire out in full force. After everything he is able to heal he is himself for the first time. His friend forgives him and his rebellion is doing great and things are looking better than ever.

Serenity
This is how she has felt since she was born. Hated and persecuted both in and out of the circle. Her magic being dangerous and cold she was looked at a evil but only one person saw her for who she was and he betrayed her and left her to "fry on a pyre" even as she found her family who still hates her.

After a very long time of being pushed around and told what to do and never given a choice, she is now part of the inquisition and able to be herself and let her sleeping self wake up and be free for a while.

This is after she confronts her family and is able to release herself from her shackles of persecution and hatred. She is set free from all the blame and accepts herself for who and what she is and that is a powerful mage with a pension for ice elemental magic.

What is your character like?
Sul is a quiet man that lives alone with his white maine coon cat, Lavender. Not too fond of having relationships, he prefers to tend to his shop. He does like going on dates with friends though; simply platonic stuff. He also does platonic hand holding and cheek kissing and very comfortable with doing so. He believes all bodies are beautiful, it helped him cope with things.

What do they wear?

tumblr_ogjxcdVCZV1rt5sspo1_1280.jpg

Some comfy but fasionable outerwear! Such as faded jeans, a nice pair of boots, a comfy shirt, big coat and scarf. With lots of rings and necklaces, of course

Where do they work?
Probably at a shop that sells good smelling things, like incense sticks, melt scent cubes, oils, soaps and other bath stuff ! Probably like his own little Bed Bath and Beyond/ LUSH store?
c1821c660b20b865d73ddad9bd0b83b1.jpg

Live?
Right above his store! It's filled with plants and fairy lights along with books and lots of natural lighting. His walls would have like a teal tint to it, of course!
Summer-Rayne-Oakes-Plant-Filled-Apartment-in-Williamsburg-Brooklyn-kitchen.jpg

Modern Max Trevelyan -
59442a9d468278249a5243b4b3293e91.jpg

What is your character like: Max would probably be the coolest dad on the block. That one guy who always host the backyard grill-outs. First to volunteer to bake at PTA's. Totally domesticated.
What do they wear:
Casual-Cool-for-Dad-In-Post.jpg

Where do they work: He'd be a police officer, for sure.
Live: Super Suburbia
e3018115c3c849ae353cb5262813d22b.jpg

Modern Vunora -
tumblr_o6lwlzq0wD1qidyw2o3_r2_500.gif

What is your character like: Vunora would probably be one of those super hipster kids, maybe even a little bit new-age Hippie. Definitely, a vegetarian who goes to Sunday morning yoga classes.
What do they wear:
b7b54de439f857e761fba775f84e170f.jpg

Where do they work: In a little brick bakery/cafe with a little garden patio in the back.

Live: A quaint little apartment with lots of windows either on the very edge of town or by a park. Definitely in a little coastal town or in the mountains.
tumblr_luz5mznBJt1qg0lreo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Taverns are a very human way to party, but this is how Vunora likes to get down:

dalish_past_times_2_by_rooster82-d3nh103.jpg
(Art not mine, just something I found online that made me think of her and chortle)

Serenity

Serenity is really a sweet, hard-working, smart and determined girl who always does her best to make her way in the world and make a name for herself.

What do they wear?

She wears sweats for normal days when she doesn't have to go anywhere or do anything important. She wears her school uniform at school and when hanging out with friends. During competitions she wears what she is told for her performances and work outs.

Where do they work?

She is a full-time student and a competitive figure skater.

Live?

She goes a lot of places but she is based up in the north in America where she trains on her own frozen lake in her back yard.

Tasuki

Tasuki is brave and loyal. He tries his best every day and is free with his emotions but he does tend to go overboard. He does have a bit of a temper if one gets on his bad side.

What do they wear?

Tasuki wears loose-fitting clothes that allow for free movement and comfort. He usually has SOMETHING red on him, weather it's the whole outfit or just a bangle bracelet.

Where do they work?

Tasuki works as a martial arts instructor. He loves the discipline it requires and he loves teaching little kids.

Live?

He lives in the tropics on the beach. He loves going for hikes in the mountains in his back yard and going cliff diving to get his heart racing but his home is warm and inviting.​

【Modern!Kyra】
FC: Tatiana Maslany
YpUFcQbGZv8jvuhlw_qHS5AmIvbJG9FhQBEDRSYdrcsFzDg_mpkSy3k2P7VX2TdouuMDSTZmBNxWa7041Gbm8nd7IkCX8QurnNklcnbTX_dRydtL6kfTZD18PhGYjNNdhcZsYAh0

XUTw8b4b1TDlra1MfkCIbysaKaw4jfuA83yMS0t74TIuZ6Ky2CXphDiZsK2sgvPLdHyXI9yKsiooJoxIvOG1PWscK5KxDVHq2Rb3IJ0AXgxZXJYkt5ciAIQduN1I_3DafkAc0WnZ

→What is your character like?←
M8e5fQwm7Es6_eGotAJGzyo562cGzJPrPPuxnXoqGMDF7nDAOU1R-YnDXM3XUomnUZ__9Eovpn82Fa3q4scrnqViCM5HrI6cxfNrWW6fxjfO21fUaKC8SyMx6ExR6OuYieWkpKSL

Kyra would honestly be a little shit; a sarcastic troublemaker. Easily bored, makes good for her crazy shenanigans. She would be one to keep to herself (hanging out with a select few), though her curiosity would always gain the upper hand. But don’t let that fool you - she’s hella smart and loves deep meaningful conversation. She honestly means well. However, past those rough edges is the most loyal of friends someone could ask for. Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to help those closest to her; namely her grandmother as she’s all she has left, but she tries her hardest despite what others may think.

→What do they wear?←
Kyra’s style would be a bit on the edgy/grunge side; practically anything black (preferring darker colors overall), yet comfortable.
tRGL_enrijN3OSepNseyVP9WWh7-ZM5osX1lHuyuClWL_QCop5mrGkRip_J1lotS_d_O69iD70fUr8L1kYc7m-Llr2WWAqpK1FAMYJUcf-_BELQDgnajMxxwhm922p_KV-4IldNw

→Where do they work?←
Kyra would work at a tattoo parlor. Likely in training to make it as an artist. On the side, or as a second job, she’d likely work at an animal shelter or even take up being a foster parent for strays.

→Live?←
Kyra lives with her grandmother, taking care of her any way she can. Not that she’s not able, as she’s very spry for a woman her age - but just as she feels she owes her a great deal and has the utmost respect for her ‘Nana’. Her house would be rather old, likely built in the 80s. Having a Victorian touch to it, it’s rather cozy and holds a lot of books and antiques; mostly collectibles from her father. And there is even a treehouse in the backyard where she use to have adventures with her imaginary friends; as her grandmother likes to tell everyone. Even today she goes up there to doodle in her sketchbook or play with her critters.

G-g6UdGnULgnSRY9_FvMNdtU0T-c45MlAYGdHocEsU1cKSolZuaButmP2LyruVyNcalJJTMifycKGpq1eT2GD-QvqyNfE-JM5gMvrNqLJ_8pg_NpUY00wIO0977IPtEce5Gs-Qzs
no4MJMm1Ux8GsZ-gekaTOEsdqgXYMpKi8TVVpGNPmitbkMkpjcCHXaOb-WNQKyeQxKglqiDgWR7hV3ZxU8cT7OVAkkQtT7pZ8CR4Jnai3Z44FmMsIojxUIQNyb1bTTiEUJDqNi_F

Last edited:
Well this is interesting.

This is probably how Sandro look in modern outfit

iJZIuOx.png

What's he like: He would live alone in his apartment, once had a family but already divorced by his wife, who's living with his kids. He always seem to live a secretive and silent life. As he's almost at his 50, been through a divorce and live alone, he pretty much tries to live his own life and can be a little introvert. It's always exciting for him to visit his kids or that they come to visit him, though their mother doesn't think so. He's an alcoholic and a big fan of classical Jazz music as he comes to a Jazz club weekly.

Where they work: I always thinks Sandro as a silent and experienced mafia figure (I took lots of inspiration from mobster into making Sandro). A low rank mobster who is careful, just try to get by with his life.

Modern Numerious:

Career wise it would be likely expected he'd become a Historian and Archeologist. Committing his time to work, traveling to new sites and ensuring his museums are well maintained. A man dedicated to his job and leaves little time for social activity. He's a man with trust issues, capable of charm and eventful occasions but quite used to his work that he buries himself into and committs much of his time.

Due to his family relationships the man doesn't have much outside of work and personal wealth. He lives in a old restored mansion with himself and his staff of housekeepers and cooks.

Numerious modern quote "History is more cutthroat then one would think. It's like game of finding treasure but with lives becoming more like pawns."

Appearance probably would look like this: Young version &a Bearded/older version
IMG_0310.JPG

Last edited:
- Keenan would be the unassuming nice neighbor, the sort who looks after your cat while you're away, fixes your car or your computer or takes your trash bins up from the curb. He'd take pottery classes on weekends and volunteer with the blind. He'd have a few really close relatives that would adore him to bits, but that lived far away. Keenan would probably help out at the local library or school when they had fundraising events. He'd also be a Starbucks kinda guy, and adore the all you can eat sushi restaurant in the center of town.

What do they wear?
- Plaid shirts and jeans. He'd always have headphones and his phone would be packed with indie rock, folk music and historical fiction/adventure audiobooks. He'd probably have a brown leather jacket on cold days and constantly wear sneakers or hiking boots, even in the snow.

Where do they work?
- Local police department, K-9 unit, and his massive German shepherd would be with him constantly.

Live?
- He'd have a single-story house on the outskirts of a small town, backed up against a big pine forest. He'd likely have built half the place himself and installed solar panels on the roof to help cut his grid power consumption. His German shepherd would own the house and there would be dog hair on the couch and on the mat by the door and...probably the bed too, in addition to squeaky toys and a kong lying about the hallway. Her bowls would be porcelain and personalized and she would have a matching leash and collar set with little blue flowers dotting it for when they weren't on duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back