• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Innocent Criminals

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Oh no, don't worry about it, my place isn't in the best shape either. I'm just glad to be off the streets, who knows how many hunters they'll send out now." He would say, looking around the apartment as she wondered off to her room. Desmond thought that it'd be best to just sit down and wait for her, not wanting to budge in on the privacy of her room, so he sat on one of the chairs and looked towards the windows, a helicopter's blades being heard from the room. "Damn. All those people." Desmond was referring to the escapee's. None of them deserved jail-time, but the government was going to hunt them all down like dogs. It was bull crap.

Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

She nodded to herself as he mentioned them sending out more hunters. This could spell bad news for her as well. She rummaged through her drawers as she felt Biru open his fat mouth. "What do you plan on doing now? You're gonna free him and then what,be roommates? Star in your own sitcom? This is bullshit. you're putting both of us at risk for some brick wall who wasn't smart enough to stay out of trouble." She let out a sigh, continuing to rummage. "Well what would expect? If we were in that situation, you'd hope for help."
"Of course I would." He interjected. "But I would understand if they didn't because sticking your neck out for some stranger is stupid!" Aya eyes grew wide as he began to raise his voice. "Shut up! You're going to make him suspicious. He might assume the worst, and then we'll certainly be in trouble." She hissed between her teeth before pulling out her chopsticks.
Taking a deep breath, trying to look as nonchalant as possible, she reemerged from her room with a smile. "Sorry I took so long."
R.I.P R.I.P

As he was looking out the window, he heard a different voice that was nearby the apartment. He wondered if someone was having an argument in the next room or the one below them. Who knows? He wouldn't want to cause more trouble than he was in anyway, it was best to just leave it alone and let those people handle there personal spat. Desmond yawned slightly, stretching his legs a bit before he saw the girl walk back into the room. "Sorry I took so long." he heard her say, replying with a "No problem." through the yawn.

She smiled at his seemingly relaxed state. Everything was fine. She was normal. Just a normal person. Carefully she took one of the chopsticks and unsheathed it. With the small blade she began picking the lock. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what can you do?" She kept her gaze lowered onto the hand cuffs to avoid making him uncomfortable.
After a few minutes a soft click emanated from the lock as it released the man's wrists. She smiled proudly up at him. "And there we go!" With a quick movement she sheathed the chopstick and stuck it into her hair. "Now all we have to do is figure out something for you to wear and you'll be all set."
R.I.P R.I.P

( Mot Mot )

Rai was panicking, she could only stare at the bloodbath in the streets in front of her. Everything had escalated so quickly.
Suddenly, she felt a tall figure bump into her and linger for a moment, before scooping her up and carrying her like she was a sack of vegetables that happened to be in his way. She was shocked, and before she could react or have any of her “stranger danger” instincts kick in, she was being dropped in an alley. The man fell and clutched his hip, where dark red had spread across his clothes and hand. She recoiled at the sight of blood, and scurried backwards from the man. He stood, obviously exerting himself from the grimace in his face. From Rai’s perspective on the ground, he was formidable looking, causing her to move back even more.

“Do you have a death wish or something?”

Huh? So he was trying to protect her?
Something from the tone of his voice told Rai that he wasn’t a danger to her.
Not yet, at least.
She stayed silent for a moment, then remembered that he had asked her a question.
“Oh, um... no, no I don’t.” Her voice was wavering, “I just... froze up, I guess. I didn’t expect thousands of prisoners to just pour out of that building. It took me by surprise...”
She kept her eyes trained on the man as she spoke, still trying to read him for signs of a threat. Sparks snapped between her fingers as her initial shock gave way to nervous energy. She kept eyeing the wound on his hip.
He wouldn’t be able to keep up with me if I ran, right? Can he still run?’

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what can you do?" Desmond watched intently as the blade picked the lock on the cuffs, almost forgetting that she asked him something. He looked back to her as her eyes focused on the metal. "Well, an active ability of mine is that I can use bursts of speed to move around or in combat. I don't count this as an ability, but you could say it's sort of a 'passive' one" he emphasised this by bending two fingers from the cuffs. "Basically, I don't have pain receptors, so any and all pain that others may feel, I cannot. I wouldn't even be able to tell if I was on fire, unless it felt hot." Desmond chuckled a little before the chains fell from his hands, onto the floor. "Finally, these things were really chafing my wrists. Thank you, uhh.." Just then, he realised that he didn't get her name. "Sorry, I don't think I've properly introduced myself. Name's Desmond Kaneri." Desmond reached his now free hand out to shake hers.

1523891926791.png

She nodded as he explained his abilities. Comparing her own to his, she considered if she could find any weak points, though she had no intention on fighting him. Safety was her number one priority, so knowing who came into her house and what they were capable of was important. A light smile pulled at her lips as she looked up to Desmond as he extended a burly hand. She let her petite hand be encompassed by his as they shook. "Aya Strickland." Her dark brown eyes locked with his for a brief moment before she looked around her apartment. "So you mentioned you had a place you're staying at?"
R.I.P R.I.P

As Mors went to step forward the sharp pain came back and the sensation of being light headed flooded his mind."Damn.. I guess they got me good.. Its my fault for getting cocky.." He said muttering under his faint breath. His hand against the wall his head quickly turned to the random Woman. "I need... Your help. " He gather up his breath and backed himself against the wall to look at her. He removed the mask that covered his forehead and stared her eye to eye. His face now revealed he leaned his head back waiting for her response the megaphones and the loud yelling can be heard a distance from the alley.
sleepontheCeiling sleepontheCeiling

Uria watched as Rook ran to help others as the rubble fell. She was far from a hero. She ran out of room and ran to the stairs. As she reached them, she heard the cracking of the ceiling. "Gotta run, gotta run, gotta run!" She sprinted down the stairs, jumping down each flight when possible. She continued to run as she heard the ceiling give way. She paused slightly before sighing. "Shit.... What was my DUMBASS father thinking!...I'm gonna kill him!" She set off again, before reaching the street, she ran out with a cough and splutter as she looked around at all the escaped abnormals. She inhaled as she grabbed her bow and arrow from her back. She looked up to the sky as she ripped off her mask, coughing out the dust as she screamed "BISHOP!", waiting for a reply.

Rai’s breath hitched when he took off his mask, she was definitely not expecting this much trust to come so soon. She weighed her options for a moment, then realized that, dangerous or not, this man was going to bleed to death. He obviously was at her mercy now, he had revealed his face, and now she had to repay.
She sprung from her seated position and shouted a hasty, “Ok, hm, just... be still for a moment... I’m going to get supplies.” Before sprinting down the alley and out into the manic streets.
What? I have never even seen this much blood come out of a human, and now I’m just going to patch him up? This isn’t something you just put a band-aid on, Rai.
Despite her critical thoughts, she found a convenience store that had been abandoned among the pandemonium and scooped up various medical tools from the health section. The selection was limited, so she just took one of everything, and some water from the cooler. Rai sprinted back to the alley as fast as she could without dropping anything, and set all of the items on a clean-yet-still-questionable looking folding table that lay discarded in the alleyway. She paused for a split second before shucking her jacket and laying it on the table. She popped open one of the many bottles of rubbing alcohol and doused the table and jacket with it.
Panting, Rai looked at the man, “I’m going to need you to lay on your back, with your hips over the jacket.” She paused,
“I’m gonna have to take out that bullet.”

Gritting his teeth as he kept himself standing straight he looked to her as she retrieved supplies. Biting his sleeve he jammed his finger into the bullet hole. He had no time to lay down and get healed he was being hunted for godsake. Feeling for the bullet he can feel the discarded metal jammed in the meat of his muscle. Wincing and his teeth grinded against the fabric of the sleeve to the pain and eventually he popped the bullet out where it clattered against the concrete ground . "We have no time to do an operation Just get the bandages will treat it later when were far away from the area! "

Rai widened her eyes as the man simply popped the bullet from his wound.
Who the hell is this guy?
“F-fine. At least pour this on the wound.” She gave him the second bottle of rubbing alcohol and pack off bandages.
“...Take some painkillers too, it’ll keep your mind off the pain.” She said as she tossed him the bottle of pills.
She eyed him warily as she picked up her jacket, now reeking of rubbing alcohol, and put it on. This new display of strength made her uneasy again.

( Mot Mot )

sleepontheCeiling sleepontheCeiling Opening the bottle of alcohol he poured it over his wound. Dripping down with his blood it soaked into his cloth. Wrapping the bandages around his waist he shook his head before pushing himself off the wall to stand up. Looking towards her He covered the bandages with his trench "So in return for everything i will grant you the ability to live. Follow me? " He waited for her response as he stood there looking towards her lifting the mask over his hair.

Rai’s blood ran cold at his statement.
He was planning on KILLING me? What? What did I do?
“Excuse me, what? You’ll ‘let me live’? The hell does that mean, you were going to kill me? Why would I trust you now?” Her tone was loud and accusatory. Rai backed up, the spike of anxiety causing sparks to zap between her fingers and crackle in short, angry bursts.
“My life is not yours to just... allow me to have!” Her eyes were angry. She watched him cautiously to see if he was going to retract his offer to let her live.

( Mot Mot )

"Hush." he said His body turned away from looking to the other side of the alley. "Your giving yourself away. That crackling noise, You need to calm yourself down." pulling his trench aside he put his hand on the handle of one of his Katanas. "I wont be the one to end your life, Why would i waste my time? Sss.. Im wasting my time now. Their closing in as we stand here waiting, We have a better chance of getting away together than separate. SO let me put it like this instead, Would you rather fail the examining test when you surrender yourself and be locked away or partner up with me to get away with less than a few bruises and cuts? You can also try fighting but you better hope you dont Encounter Rook and my Successor. I heard her yell a few cliches away and shes a sharpshooter and let me tell you she has an eye out." He cracked his neck and rolled out his arm loosening his muscles. "I might as well have a target on my back for game.." He muttered. "Now what do you say? we can even part ways if you feel unsafe after." sleepontheCeiling sleepontheCeiling

( Mot Mot )

Rai paused, turning over the possibilities in her head. The wild sparks from her hands died down slowly, and she lowered them from her defensive position.
She finally huffed, and bowed her head.
She had decided not to question him further, Rai knew his patience was thin, and that katana was formidable-looking too. He was her best chance of making it out alive, and of passing whatever the hell that exam was that he had talked about.
She looked up, stoic eyes meeting his,
“Fine, let’s move.”

He brought his mask over his face and before quickly moving out the other side of the ally he said "Follow me until i tell you to run ahead." As he moved out he looked around and he could see his Uria looking out for him. His pace quickening he kept against the brick wall avoiding the bloody laying still corpses. Looking to the middle of street he could see a sewer hatch and he pointed to it. "There. We have to move quickly. " And so he did quickly approach it and opening the hatch. "Get in."

( Mot Mot )

Rai glanced up at him, wondering if he was actually serious about getting into a sewer, but with one look at him she knew he wasn’t joking. Her face flashed with a hint of disgust before dropping in through the manhole, and she hit the floor with a small splash. The smell made her eyes water and she nearly slipped on the thin film of sewer sludge on the walkway. She repressed a dry heave and moved out from underneath the opening.
“Alright, you can jump down now.” She called, looking up at her guide.

Uria looked around at the scattering people and the wondering corpses. 'Son of a bitch...' She thought to herself. She walked on until a tug came upon her leg. She turned to see a small child looking up at her. The child had gills on it's neck as it looked as though it had escaped the explosion. "Where's mummy?"

Uria grinned a little and bent down on one knee. "Hello little one... What's that there?" She pointed to the gills.
The child shyly hid her gills. "...breathing in water"...

Uria smiled as she nodded. An abnormal child. She held out her arms. " You wanna find mummy?"
The child nodded and ran into her arms hugging into her neck.

Uria hugged the child with one hand while the other reached over her shoulder to her arrow pack on her back.

"I hope you're watching Father... Time to join your mummy little girl"
Uria pulled an arrow from the pack, staring forward, she held the arrow to the back of the child. The child's grip tightened as Uria looked to a street over where she felt as though she was watched. "Goodnight."

She pushed the arrow through the back of the small child and twisted it. The grip around Uria's neck loosened as the small hands fell down.

Uria took the arrow out and placed it on her back, cradling the child, she rose to her feet and brushed her hand over the child's cheek. "Sleep well..."

"So, you mentioned you have a place you're staying at?" Desmond had heard her say after they exchanged handshakes. "Yea, it's not as fancy as this one though. I don't like being around the city, so I stay on the outskirts in a small caravan park. It's not the best place to be, but it's home, I guess." He replied as he stood up and stretched his limbs, cracking his finger bones and feeling as if he were normal again. "Now that you mention it, a change of clothes would be great. Don't suppose you have any male clothing I can borrow?" Desmond thought that he might as well ask, just in case. "Only until I can go out and buy my own."

The excavation team arrived in order to clear the buildings rubble, but halfway through being done, it started to move slightly. Rook's hand came from the rubble as if he were a zombie in a horror movie, reaching around to find something he could pull himself up with. When Rook was fully out of the ground, the first thing he said was "My beard is filthy. I look like an old man." Before wiping away the grey dust that was clinging to it. "Sir, your leg is bleeding. Let the medical team fix it." "It doesn't need tending too, It's only a flesh wound." "But sir-" "It's only. A flesh wound." Rook said in a more serious tone. "Thank you for your hard work, I appreciate it, I really do, but right now abnormals are running around like headless chickens and I'm the only one in command around here. The other cities wont help us in this endevor, so lets get to CAPTURING them and not KILLING them. Get to work!" Rook's booming voice echoed through the streets as he took his mask from his pocket, putting it on. "Or I'll do it myself." he then walked away from the now-empty street, on the hunt for the abnormals.

1524065628102.png

She nodded. It made sense that he would hang towards the outskirts of town. There was safety in the small town mentality; everyone would know everyone so it would be obvious if someone new, like a hunter, came into the area. She thought for a moment as he that asked if she had any clothes for him. "Not in my house, but I think I know someone who would. I'll be right back." She offered a smile as she quickly exited her apartment and walked down the hall. Gently her small hand rasped on the door of one of her neighbors.
A frail voice came from inside. "Coming!" After a few minutes an old man answered the door. He smiled at Aya as if seeing his own daughter after years of isolation. "Aya, my darling, how are you?" She smiled warmly at him. The old man had been like a grandfather to her ever since she moved in. "I'm doing alright," she responded before shifting to look back at her door. "I have a friend who unexpectedly came into town, so I was wondering if you had any clothes he could borrow." As the words left her mouth a large grin pulled onto his wrinkly face. "A friend you say?" He giggled like a school girl. "Com now, Aya. These walls are thin. Everyone knows you've had a boy over ever since you moved here. We can all hear his deep, husky voice!" The old man looked so proud, but Aya looked absolutely mortified. Her face was a deep red. Her neighbors were listening in on her conversations with Biru? "N-No! That's not what it is. He's only a friend." The old man simply chuckled, waving a hand before disappearing into his home to look for clothing.
He quickly returned holding a pair of sweatpants and a maroon T-shirt. "These were my sons, hopefully they'll work. Now get along, you don't want to keep him waiting." He winked, and normally she would've found his behavior adorable, but all she could do was blush and nod. With the clothes in hand, she scurried back to her room. She closed the door and looked to Desmond. "H-Here," she said, trying to control the remaining blush on her face.
R.I.P R.I.P (sorry for the long ass post)

Desmond nodded to her and waited in the room, orange jump suit brightly reflecting from the sun's rays. He looked around as he waited, becoming bored shortly afterwards. When she returned, he stood up from the place he was sitting, tilting his head slightly at her flustered look. "What's up with you? You look all blushy. Looks like you've been flirted with." Desmond would say, chuckling a little as he took the clothing. "Do you mind if I use your bathroom to change in?" he asked, not wanting to just walk into any room and change.

Her face turned a slightly darker shade as he drew attention to it. "Hush," she managed to say before sticking her tongue out. She nodded as he then asked about a bathroom. "Of course, down the hallway, it's the door on the right." As he wandered off to change into the clothing she plopped down on her couch and let out a long sigh. "So, I guess we're a thing now." Biru whispered teasingly, moving a lock of hair over her hand. She swatted it off and glared. "I'll cut my hair off, I swear I will." She threatened, though both knew they were empty words.
Finally relaxed she kicked her feet up onto her coffee table. "So what are we going to do about tall, dark and handsome?" Aya simply shrugged. "I don't know, didn't put much thought into that. I imagine he'll leave after this. He has a home, and obviously the city isn't safe for him, so why would he hang around?" The room fell silent as she imagined Biru was busy mulling over possible comebacks.
R.I.P R.I.P

He threw the hatch aside as he just watched Uria execute a child. A long sigh came out of his mouth as he jumped down. Grunting to the drop he stood straight and looked at her. He then pointed right of him where the tunnel extended. "A few cliches that way and we will be safe.. If im correct we should be in the slum part of the city." He then began walking his arms to his side and ofcourse he kept his mask on because the stench of the manhole was just... Ew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back