• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ink, light, leaves [int. check]

arly

he/him
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

ink, light, leaves

scroll

Have you ever wanted a break from the mundane? An encounter with magical spirits? A sign that you were something more than human?

Those with experience will say: You shouldn't.

realistic, supernatural,
inspired by natsume yuujinchou

plot

It was supposed to be a simple day trip; A fun hike in the woods that one friend had dragged another into. Neither expected those woods to go so deep, once they stepped off the trail for only a moment. Neither expected to find the book, either, underneath overgrown vines. Neither expected that picking that book up would change their lives so completely.

The Book, as it turned out, was a powerful one. Inside were the names of countless yokai, bound to the wishes of The Book's holder. There was no returning it to the leafy growth; Now that it was held in the hands of these humans, it was tied to them until their last breath. And with it came far more attention from the world of the supernatural than either had ever anticipated receiving.

roles

hammer... [open]

Sometimes, the Hammer regrets their choice of roommate. Before, of course, the worst part of their relationship was pestering them for rent payments and going along with momentary whims. They wish they could go back to that now, but there's no undoing the damage of their walk. The Hammer is now stuck with a roommate chosen by the supernatural, and those yokai seem more than happy to infest their apartment.

nail... [open]

The Nail is a flake, sure, but at least they've always been a charming one. Ultimately, they live life based on passing whims; It was one of those that got them and their roommate on a walk in the forest, and another that led to them digging into that suspicious pile of ivy until The Book was in their hands. Now, their whims have once again gotten them into trouble, and for the first time, The Nail might not be able to charm their way out.

page... [open]

The Page lives in the same complex as The Hammer and The Nail, practically next door. The three were never more than passing acquaintances, though, until the appearance of The Book. After all, The Page has never tried to make their love of the supernatural a secret, and they seem to know about every possible occurrence of yokai and spirits in the area; There's no one better to go to for advice. (It doesn't hurt that The Page has an extra room in their apartment, one perfect for a particular spirit that seems keen on sticking around.)

knight... [open]

The Book is a powerful object, sought after by many, and it rests in the hands of a weak human. For The Knight, this news is perfect. After all, The Knight is a yokai with their name is locked away in the book, and they can't simply take it by force from the being who has complete power over them. But with a human involved, why use force at all? The Knight has revealed themself to The Nail as a protector, one who will fend off any potentially dangerous yokai that may come after The Book, all for one simple promise: When The Nail dies, ownership of The Book goes to The Knight. For a spirit like them, waiting that long is more than worth it. Since they've made it clear that they won't be leaving, The Hammer has sent them off to live in the spare room of The Page, so they can be close without disturbing the peace in their apartment.

eye... [taken]

Yokai will only be seen by humans if they want to be. At least, that's true for most; The Eye, though, has always been able to see the world of the supernatural. Since hitting adulthood, it's an ability that they've done their best to hide. Still, rumors spread from time to time, and some have ears keen enough to pick up on them. The Eye has been pestered about supernatural activity by The Page since the two met, but The Eye kept their lips sealed until The Page returned with some new friends who seemed to have a very serious spirit problem on their hands.

fang... [open]

The Fang comes from a long line of exorcists, committed to hunting down any spirits who wish harm to humanity. Their abilities to sense and fight the supernatural are weaker than most in their family, and they're often treated as the family disappointment in that regard. So when they heard about an uptick in yokai activity in a certain area, they were determined to find the cause and prove themself worthy in the process. That area was, of course, the one surrounding the home of The Nail, whose possession of The Book has caused many spirits to gravitate toward them. Since finding this information, The Fang has dedicated themself to staying close to The Nail and training their spiritual abilities to take down any dangerous yokai that may come their way.

rules

Roles are not first come first serve! I'll be choosing the best applicant from each role if there are multiple. Don't worry too hard about competition, though; If this ends up having more interest than I anticipated, I'd be more than willing to add or adapt new roles.

There are no real literacy requirements, but multiple paragraphs are preferred; No one liners, hopefully. Similarly, I have no real activity requirements, but if you go multiple weeks without posting or communication ooc, you will be removed. (Basically, if life gets in the way, just let me know!)

Discord is required for OOC. You can already go ahead and hop in over there if you'd like!

♡coded by uxie♡

Torn between The Hammer and The Eye. Will give it some more thought when I wake up tomorrow.

Edit: The eye is taken, I am blind and clearly need to go to bed

i'm gonna cry natsume yuujinchou is literally one of my favorite animangas ever <3 definitely interested + throwing my hat into the ring!

oooo i used to love natsume yuujinchou as a kid! it was one of my all time faves so i'd love to hop on board if i have the time !! — ✦

afternoon bump < 3 thanks everyone for all the interest so far !!

afternoon bump < 3 reminder to feel free to jump into the discord! link here and in the first post ^^

ink, light, leaves

scroll

Have you ever wanted a break from the mundane? An encounter with magical spirits? A sign that you were something more than human?

Those with experience will say: You shouldn't.

realistic, supernatural,
inspired by natsume yuujinchou

plot

It was supposed to be a simple day trip; A fun hike in the woods that one friend had dragged another into. Neither expected those woods to go so deep, once they stepped off the trail for only a moment. Neither expected to find the book, either, underneath overgrown vines. Neither expected that picking that book up would change their lives so completely.

The Book, as it turned out, was a powerful one. Inside were the names of countless yokai, bound to the wishes of The Book's holder. There was no returning it to the leafy growth; Now that it was held in the hands of these humans, it was tied to them until their last breath. And with it came far more attention from the world of the supernatural than either had ever anticipated receiving.

roles

hammer... [open]

Sometimes, the Hammer regrets their choice of roommate. Before, of course, the worst part of their relationship was pestering them for rent payments and going along with momentary whims. They wish they could go back to that now, but there's no undoing the damage of their walk. The Hammer is now stuck with a roommate chosen by the supernatural, and those yokai seem more than happy to infest their apartment.

nail... [open]

The Nail is a flake, sure, but at least they've always been a charming one. Ultimately, they live life based on passing whims; It was one of those that got them and their roommate on a walk in the forest, and another that led to them digging into that suspicious pile of ivy until The Book was in their hands. Now, their whims have once again gotten them into trouble, and for the first time, The Nail might not be able to charm their way out.

page... [open]

The Page lives in the same complex as The Hammer and The Nail, practically next door. The three were never more than passing acquaintances, though, until the appearance of The Book. After all, The Page has never tried to make their love of the supernatural a secret, and they seem to know about every possible occurrence of yokai and spirits in the area; There's no one better to go to for advice. (It doesn't hurt that The Page has an extra room in their apartment, one perfect for a particular spirit that seems keen on sticking around.)

knight... [open]

The Book is a powerful object, sought after by many, and it rests in the hands of a weak human. For The Knight, this news is perfect. After all, The Knight is a yokai with their name is locked away in the book, and they can't simply take it by force from the being who has complete power over them. But with a human involved, why use force at all? The Knight has revealed themself to The Nail as a protector, one who will fend off any potentially dangerous yokai that may come after The Book, all for one simple promise: When The Nail dies, ownership of The Book goes to The Knight. For a spirit like them, waiting that long is more than worth it. Since they've made it clear that they won't be leaving, The Hammer has sent them off to live in the spare room of The Page, so they can be close without disturbing the peace in their apartment.

eye... [taken]

Yokai will only be seen by humans if they want to be. At least, that's true for most; The Eye, though, has always been able to see the world of the supernatural. Since hitting adulthood, it's an ability that they've done their best to hide. Still, rumors spread from time to time, and some have ears keen enough to pick up on them. The Eye has been pestered about supernatural activity by The Page since the two met, but The Eye kept their lips sealed until The Page returned with some new friends who seemed to have a very serious spirit problem on their hands.

fang... [open]

The Fang comes from a long line of exorcists, committed to hunting down any spirits who wish harm to humanity. Their abilities to sense and fight the supernatural are weaker than most in their family, and they're often treated as the family disappointment in that regard. So when they heard about an uptick in yokai activity in a certain area, they were determined to find the cause and prove themself worthy in the process. That area was, of course, the one surrounding the home of The Nail, whose possession of The Book has caused many spirits to gravitate toward them. Since finding this information, The Fang has dedicated themself to staying close to The Nail and training their spiritual abilities to take down any dangerous yokai that may come their way.

rules

Roles are not first come first serve! I'll be choosing the best applicant from each role if there are multiple. Don't worry too hard about competition, though; If this ends up having more interest than I anticipated, I'd be more than willing to add or adapt new roles.

There are no real literacy requirements, but multiple paragraphs are preferred; No one liners, hopefully. Similarly, I have no real activity requirements, but if you go multiple weeks without posting or communication ooc, you will be removed. (Basically, if life gets in the way, just let me know!)

Discord is required for OOC. You can already go ahead and hop in over there if you'd like!

♡coded by uxie♡

I’d make a submission but I’m never good enough for the standards of RPs like this so I don’t know why I should bother.

Hello! Just wondering if this is still open for apps? (and do I just pop them in the CS thread or is there a separate application thread?)

aah apologies! this lost momentum but i’m more than welcome to it picking back up again :] here’s an updated link for anyone who’d like to pop into the discord!

2e0fc61ffca687e3033dd9b4581477cd.jpg

Interested! I'm not familiar with Natsume Yuujinchou though - would that be an issue at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back