Story Injury and defeat.

Jhade

That one person who needs no help unless its cooki
Alex Mabry was a good kid. He got okay grades at an okay school in an okay county. But he was depressed. It seemed like everyone around hated him, and it was his fault.
Why did he have to wake up one day attracted to the new kid? Why couldn't he be the straight normal christian kid his parents wanted him to be?
|
|
|
|
|
Isn't that sad?
Hi. Jhade here, and i'd like to talk to you before this starts. The content of this story is not for the faint of heart.
Warning-Triggers. Talk, thought, and action of suicidal intentions. Physical self harming. Mental harm. Depression. Do not read if you are easily triggered.
But those who are, and still want to read, talk to me.
Please don't take this story for a joke. Most of the characters are actual people, just with different names and the events actually happened, with details changed. Thanks for listening here and please enjoy what you can.
|
|
|
|
|

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*
I wake up and slap the off button on my alarm. "Hate that alarm." I say, sitting up. I yawn and look around my room, but all I can see is shadow. It's December and 6 am is still dark. I get out of bed and pull on a pair of jeans and an ACDC shirt. I know it's old, but i don't care. I step towards my door and go to open it when i hear footsteps pounding and doors slamming. I sigh and walk over to my weekly sock supply and get on a pair. I yawn once more and clear the sleep from my eyes as I grab my backpack, slip on my shoes, and open my window. I have to do this the mornings my sister and mom go at it like this. All the neighbors get woken up and i get stares from people. I jump out my window, and land on the concrete sidewalk outside my house. I slip my window shut (I'm on the first floor) and then i'm off to school. First, though, I get my overnight clothes from the garage and stuff them in. I grab my sunglasses and i'm off to school. The walk is the easy part. It's the stares i get from everyone thats the hard part. I sit down at the table i usually sit at before homeroom, with the people who everyone else would consider my friends, but it's really only people who tolerate me the most. I don't really talk to them, but there is one guy who i like hanging out with. Matt. The only person in the whole school who i really talk to. It's not that i don't like people, it's that people don't like me.
I'm talking to Matt for a few minutes before we go to homeroom. Yes, we share a homeroom. Yay. Hear the sarcasm? Yeah. The reason i'm like that is because of the schools number one problem. That problems name starts with A and ends with Aspen. Aspen Davis was six foot, three hundred Pounds. This guy was as big as a horse and dumber than than it's leavings. This guy made it his life mission to ruin mine. I wasn't in the mood for it today."Hey, shithead" He says to me as I pass by. I ignore him, and he gets mad. He grabs my shoulder and turns me around. "I'm talking to you, shithead!" What a great pet name. "I'm busy, leave me alone." I go to walk away when he snaps and grabs for me. His hand wraps around the back of my neck and pulls me out of the classroom. Into the bathroom we go, him shoving me into a stall. He shoves my head into one of the toilets and makes sure it stays there for a minute. He then pulls my head up and lets me get a breath, then back down i go. Again and again it goes on like this. Again and again he pushes me into the bowl. I gave up after a while, just letting him dunk me. And my shirt is practically destroyed, my pants are wet, and then he stops dunking. "Done already?" With the look on his face I realized I shouldn't have made that last comment.

Last edited:
My stomach and chest felt like it was inverting with how many times he kicked it.. After I made that last comment, I had received a facefull of fist and a promise that i would regret my words. It was after school and we were in a side alley when I regretted it.
The pain was everywhere, and every blow was accompanied by an insult.
"You're a piece of shit. A disgrace of the human population. You don't even deserve your life."
That last bit stung a little. But it wasn't anything I hadn't told myself before. Aspen stopped with his assault, but not the insults.
"Just go home and kill yourself. No one will miss you." He said before spitting on me. He walked away laughing. That kind of laugh is always associated with pain. I was barely able to move, let alone pick myself up. My entire body hurt and when i tried to move, I screamed with pain. My chest felt like liquid metal was being poured into my chest cavity. I could barely breath and with a weak cry for help, I started to lose consciousness. And as my vision started to fade, I saw a face. A beautiful face. I thought to myself "I'm dying." Maybe I said it, because concern crossed over it and then i blacked out.

Time passed, and it felt like a few seconds later, I woke up in a hospital bed. No for the first time. My first thought was "How did I get here?" My second thought was ''How long has it been?" And the third thought that occurred was "How am I going to pay for this?"
All three questions were dropped from my mind when I tried to sit up and was greeted with pain. I reached for the remote at the side of he bed and pressed the button that let me sit up a little. Halfway up to the best spot for me, I stopped, dead in my tracks. There, sitting in a chair and leaning on the bed, was a boy. Before i could react, he opened his eyes and sat up with a jolt.
“Oh my god! You’re awake! I’ll go get the Nurse!” The boy went to get up, and I reached out to stop him. “No.” I weakly said. I’m such a weakling. Can’t even take a proper beating without almost dying. “How did I get here?” I whisper out.

“I heard your cry and came to help.” he said with a frown, sitting back down. "Also, I don't care about your financial situation, i'm paying the bill." He says with resolve.
"No. I'm paying." I say. "These guys know me, and know how many times i've been here."
"For what?" he asks.
"Lacerations, broken bones, pierced lung, failing kidneys, fractured skull, broken ankles, fractured rib cage and clavicle, Broken arms, internal bleeding.....And something else." I say, turning my eyes away.
"All at one time?" He asks, scared.
"No. All of them were different times." I say, still not meeting his eyes.
"And that last one you said, 'something else'? What was it if you don't mind me asking." he asks, leaning closer.
"I don't even know your name, let alone tell you personal stuff." I say, making my bed finish going to the optimal spot and i get comfortable.
"Oh, sorry. My name is Jade Daniels." he says, smiling.

Last edited:
"Ajay." I groan out. I look over and he is leaning forward with intent.
"What? Something on my face?" I ask, jokingly. He answers with, "Nope. Just waiting for an answer."
I'm confused for a second, then i realize what he was talking about. "I don't wanna talk about it." I say, rolling onto my good side.
Well, both sides are bad, but one has a drip still attached, so I roll onto the other arm.
"Why not?" He asks, face full of concern.
"Fine. I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone, okay?" I say, holding out my hand for him to shake.
He takes it and says,"I promise."
So I tell him. I tell him the story of how I was bullied in middle school. I tell him how everyday I was tormented. I tell him that things only got worse after I asked for help. I tell him that things went into a downward spiral after my dad dies. I tell him about the people who bullied me afterward.
Then I say,"And the reason I told you this long story is to say..."
"I tried to kill myself."I show him the white jagged scars on my forearms and upper arms. I show him the scar on my neck from the knife. I show him where I tried to stab myself in the heart and missed.
"Now that you know," I say with tears in my eyes,"You can't tell anyone."
I expect him to run out of the room crying. I expect him to say his condolences. I expect him to literally do anything but what he did.
He stood up, leaned close, and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. That part I could deal with. It was what he said next>

Last edited:
"Me too."
At first I thought he just meant that he had family problems, but Then it clicked. He pulled up his sleeve and showed me what i assumed was the first of many. It was angry, white and jagged.
He pulled his sleeve back down, then asked,"So who did this to you this time?"
I rolled back over and said,"Someone who's done this before."
His watch beeps and he tells me he needs to go.
Before he goes, he runs back to the bed and hugs me before leaving.
Surprised, I do nothing.

hey. this is jhade the writer. I cant write this story anymore. some personal stuff came up and i need to stop writing this. Yes, i'm abandoning it here. No, i won't ever continue it.

sorry. And, if you're out there and you can see this, Jade, just know i still remember you. I'm still searching, too. I took the name you suggested for me. just, come back home. I miss you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back