What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Inheritance OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Ask questions, chatter, shitpost, plan.

Welcome to the Palatial System.

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Epiphany Epiphany Kahir Kahir

One handy thing about this game - once you both have characters, we can start with you waking from stasis and escaping a lab. And you can rescue other players from similar circumstances as we go on and they join.

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
Epiphany Epiphany Kahir Kahir

One handy thing about this game - once you both have characters, we can start with you waking from stasis and escaping a lab. And you can rescue other players from similar circumstances as we go on and they join.
That's interesting! This will be my first group roleplay online in years, and, honestly, I have no idea about the dynamics, posting order, etc. It would be great if you guys could give me just a bit of insight over it. Thank you, so sorry for bothering!

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
You'd needn't apologize so much, Kahir, particularly not for good questions.

In general, you can expect me to set the scene. If no input is required from me, you can take turns posting however feels most natural and appropriate. You can also check in the OOC to be sure.
I'll generally post to cover reactions from the world and NPCs. When it comes to combat, there's a more strict posting order, but that only lasts for the duration of a fight and this system is designed to generally keep combat fast and deadly.

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Nice. I should also tag Teh Frixz Teh Frixz now I think of it.

Anyone have questions or ideas so far? Don't forget to check the threads linked in the... thread linking thing at the top of the page.

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
You'd needn't apologize so much, Kahir, particularly not for good questions.

In general, you can expect me to set the scene. If no input is required from me, you can take turns posting however feels most natural and appropriate. You can also check in the OOC to be sure.
I'll generally post to cover reactions from the world and NPCs. When it comes to combat, there's a more strict posting order, but that only lasts for the duration of a fight and this system is designed to generally keep combat fast and deadly.
Thank you so much! Apologising is something that I do, a lot 😅 But this is something that I am trying to improve! But indeed, as I have never played such types of roleplay, I guess that I need to get acquainted with the general rules, and I apologise in advance if I commit any mistakes, I am very lost in general XD

Right, so we are going to settle an order and stick to it, right? I really like the fact how combat is handled because often combat seems so unrealistic on certain roleplays.

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
We won't have a fixed order most of the time - it'll be whatever order feels most organically right. Generally, you can post in any order but should wait until all players in the scene post once before your next post. Don't overthink it and let me worry about controlling the pace.

We'll worry about rules as they come up, and I will handle the mechanical side of the sheet if asked so you can focus on purely narrative elements.

Right now, just ponder the look and personality of your post-human space ninja, ideally reflected by their Soulcage.

Kittenpom20

life needs things to live
This sounds super cool! I will also have to get used to group roleplays again but I love this premise. Very interested in the Prem.

Kittenpom20

I'll put my best effort into stats but I might mess it up, so some feedback would be appreciated once that's posted if you don't mind! Grey Grey
Also I just realized what your avatar is and I love it.

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
We won't have a fixed order most of the time - it'll be whatever order feels most organically right. Generally, you can post in any order but should wait until all players in the scene post once before your next post. Don't overthink it and let me worry about controlling the pace.

We'll worry about rules as they come up, and I will handle the mechanical side of the sheet if asked so you can focus on purely narrative elements.

Right now, just ponder the look and personality of your post-human space ninja, ideally reflected by their Soulcage.
Right, I'll keep it in mind. I am also not acquainted with how dice works here on the website.
I guess I understood the base mechanics of the game: so, we must pick a martial art and then distribute the XP points we get through the attributes we have, right? Can we spend such points on Mana? Also, are there armed styles?
Thank you!

Kittenpom20

Just to clarify for XP expenditure, the XP stacks, correct? So for example if I wanted to be level 4 in stealth I would spend 8 XP total.

Cirno

Sleepwalking Fairy
Grey Grey Can I get your help filling out my character's Skills? She's a derpy laser owl Gaida that resembles Ghibi Castle in the Sky robot in shape. Graceful movements, using Gentle Palm Stance. May redirect attention with flashy, threatening moves (blinking lights, visible laser targeting). Can shove single targets into place for fellow Bandi. Tries to maneuver large enemy groups with long-distance threats.
Basic preening ability to patch up self or others. Can gather physical information, including navigation. Not great with hacking or interacting with organics.
She just wants to fly forth and sing [--death upon the Enemy--].

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Cirno Cirno I think the way I'll handle Skills is to parcel them out as memories return, but it seems like she's coming out of stasis remembering how to sing to deafen LIDAR receivers. 3 Perform.
And up to the second technique in her Style.

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
After some contemplation:
Everyone take Condition 20, Shields 10, Soak 4

Gaida gets +1 Intuition for her 360 degree vision.
Separa has a floating free Physical Attribute point.
Vala has +1 Willpower
Prem can detect minds within 100 metres which is more powerful than it sounds.

Defence
Defence: Dexterity + Defence
Parry: Defence + Parry Focus, etc
Evade: Defence + Evade Focus, etc
Block: Defence + Shield Focus, etc

Offence
Melee: Dexterity + Melee
Ranged: Intuition + Ranged
Unarmed: Dexterity + Unarmed

Speed: Fitness + Athletics
Initiative: Speed + Composure
Combat Pool: Speed + Dexterity
Physical Soak: The lower of Fitness or Strength
Magic Resistance: = Willpower + any special traits
Health: 10 Condition: 20

With that done, I think I'll start a thread for characters completed so far.
Also, everyone think about signature weapons you'd like.

A main ranged weapon
A sidearm
A melee weapon
A utility item

Feel free to get weird with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)