• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Infinite Time, and Yet So Little Time (Interest Check)

Assailant

The SHSL Shadow Alchemy Stand Using Lab Member
Okay, so this one is still in the works, but here goes:

It is about 100 years in the future. Aliens have invaded earth, and destroyed most of the world. Civilization fell apart. A small resistance remains. They have built a fortress and have fought to save humanity. However, they have been failing. The Aliens have destroyed most of their outposts, leaving only three or four left, and dwindling.

However, there is hope. The resistance has been building a secret machine, a time machine, sending one's body and conscience back in time, but tethering you to the present. Men are sent back to the past, back when the aliens first invaded, to take them out before they can destroy the earth. However, things aren't so simple. If the aliens in the present take out the resistance, they can destroy the time machines, killing anyone still in the past.

RP'ers will be forced to go back and forth between past and present. Some will stay in the present to protect the resistance, others will go to the past to destroy the aliens, and others may go back and forth. However, the aliens WILL eventually destroy the resistance unless they are destroyed in the past, so if no progress is made in the past... you get the idea.

This one is still early and not thought through that much. If you have any questions, ask it in the chat. If this gets enough support, I will create a rp and link it here.

TheManWithManyName said:
Is this like X-Men: Days Of Future Past?
Kind of. While I was typing it, I noticed the connection. Not QUITE. You see, this is still a forming thought, but here's how I imagine the machine will work. As I mentioned, there are still a few remaining compounds. Each one will have a sort of machine. Your... I don't know, "presence" I guess, will be connected to all of them. A sort of network connection. Individually, you are okay, but if the aliens are able to take out all the compounds, they will be able to destroy the network. Your... "presence" will be lost, and poof. You're dead. I am DEFINITELY going to need a better way to explain that, but I think you get the idea. Either way, your physical body does not remain... or maybe it will... I guess then that would explain where you come back... no, I'll figure out a way to explain it. For now, at least, my above explanation holds. As I mentioned, this is an early thought, so it isn't completely airtight.

Julieta said:
This idea amazes me. I would love to join it!
Thanks! Once I get maybe 5 people saying they might want to join, I'll get it started. Make sure to watch this thread, because I'll be posting the link here.

I expect to be starting sometime this weekend or next week. I have a friend who wants to join, but he can't get on for a bit. Once he's able to get on, we'll probably be starting. Just a few notes: 1. You must be willing to let your character die. I will be controlling a lot of resistance leaders, as well as my own character. However, I'll also be controlling the aliens under certain circumstances. You should try to survive, but be honest. If you are cornered, you're gonna die. You are not a god. You can't also jump into save someone at the last moment. This rp is not SUPPOSED to end in victory. There is a probability we'll lose, so be honest, and let yourself die if need be. As such, you may want to create multiple characters. 2. You need to be active. This role-play progresses over time. After awhile, if you guys haven't posted, the aliens will make a move. Be ready. That is all for now. I hope these guidelines don't push you guys away, but it's the way it is.

Also, just wanted to throw something out there. This name is temporary. If you guys have better suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm thinking More Time Doesn't Mean Enough Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back