• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Infernal - Tales from Hell, Heaven, and Everything In-Between

Infab

The Demon Fanatic
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Infernal - Thread Header.png

Hey there! This is sort of an idea I've had brewing for a few months now, off and on while I focused on participating and running other RP threads on the side. My intent is to turn this into maybe a series of RPs, all set in alternate concepts of the Hell and Heaven most people know.

For example, Hell is quite like Earth in the modern day, but obviously a bit more Hellish looking. Demons (and others that choose to call Hell home or are cast there) live out their often long lives there, taking it day by day under the rule of the current King of Hell and his Icons (or Princes/Princesses of Hell). By current, I mean Lucifer disappeared a long time ago, and the crown has passed between powerful demons over the many generations that followed. Heaven, meanwhile, is still a paradise. At least, if you're formerly Human or visiting. Angels there are often overworked and stressed out, forced to manage the golden realm by the Archangels above them while the Divine One himself has stepped away for a bit to focus on other hobbies.

Purgatory is also a thing, resembling a seemingly endless city of classical antiquity and ruled over by the Reaper Corps. Lead by a group of seven known as the Board of Death, the Reapers of the Reaper Corps are tasked with harvesting the souls of those that perish and bring them to Purgatory for judgement. In addition, they also maintain the boundaries and power balance between Heaven and Hell. Neither side, of course, can grow too powerful. Things don't end well if that happens.

The story of Infernal begins with the rise of one known as the Kingslayer. Its quite obvious as to what he does, as its in his name. What he uses to do that is the issue, and it nearly brings the universe in which Infernal takes place crumbling down. Hell, Heaven, Purgatory, the Mortal realms... all will be plunged into chaos in some form or another. And its up to you to figure out who it is, and how to stop them!

What happens after that? Well, that's up for you and I to work out. Hopefully we'll have some fun doing it too!

I also want to mention that these stories are all directly linked to the RPs and stories done by my fellow RPer Breadman Breadman as his Helldiver RP (which you should really check out) is a partial inspiration for me to want to do this. Helldiver is set years prior to the events of Infernal, so if you already know of that particular RP, you can bring your characters over or make new ones!

These RPs will mainly be done in a typical story based fashion. If combat occurs, it will likely be settled in the story instead of using dice or some other manner. Whatever makes things play out cool and in an enjoyable way! Characters can be brought in from a variety of other places, thanks to the link to Breadman's RPs, or can be created specifically for this RP!

I'm open to taking 6 people for the time being, so if you wanna take a crack at this, post below! I'll select from among those that post, but I'll keep the rest in mind when I expand to allow more people in. And if you have questions, just post below or shoot me a DM! Tomorrow (or some point in the next few days), I'll get a character thread up so you can post the characters you want do bring in. In that thread, I'll also fill you in on the types of demons in Hell, if you want to play as one! Same goes with Heaven's angels, and the Reapers of the Reaper Corps in Purgatory!​

Last edited:
I volunteer

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

I’ll definitely put forth my interest here. definitely planning on playing a demon, maybe even a former human who’s become one after living in hell their whole life.

Hello Citezens! Killing god? Killing all institutions of a corrupt system that unfairly damns people to suffer? fucking with Christian mythology? All of my favorite things!

I am interested in playing a confused and pissed atheist.

Last edited:
Alright. Gonna bump up the player limit to 10. I'll toss up a character sheet thread in a bit. Details on races and such will be posted there!

And its up! Please go here and post your character sheets. Also, let me know if you have discord so I can invite you to our group. If you don't, I can set up an OOC Thread later too.

In Hell,do they have a distinct order of cops/enforcers of the (currently absent) King's will or general "peace"keeping? I imagine that if they had an alignment it'd be Wrath,Envy,or Pride.

They do, actually. The Royal Knights (which are all Wrath demons) enforce the law. They are controlled directly by the Icon of Wrath.

Also the King is still around (for now, since the story hasn't started yet.)

Thanks for the clarification,I think I have an idea of the kind of character I might play.

And it's pretty safe to assume that most of the offenses that apply to our world are also illegal in Hell and Purgatory,right? Assuming you don't get away with it. Robbery,murder,fraud,embezzling,littering,and all that.

Pretty much! Though some demons may be more likely to get away with certain crimes due to the nature of their sin alignments. Spices things up on the streets, obviously.

Infab Infab figured I'd just throw my CS in,despite not being too familiar with the setting.

Let me know if all the details add up,or if there's something I need to change.

Nellancholy Nellancholy Yep, everything looks good!

Still need the other character sheets from a few others, so remember to get those in. Also, if you have Discord, shoot me a DM so I can invite you to where we talk Infernal and such. Otherwise, as I said, I'll toss up an OOC thread later when the thread starts.

And its up! Please go here and post your character sheets. Also, let me know if you have discord so I can invite you to our group. If you don't, I can set up an OOC Thread later too.
Ughs. Ya had me until you said Discord. Buggirlie don't mess with the D lol.

Not a fan of separate OOCs neither so Imma withdraw interest. All goods. Good luck with RP!!.

Here's the OOC thread, btw! I'm gonna try and have the OP for the actual thread up sometime today.

And the thread is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back