• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Okay, so just checking real quick, how many people are still on board if there's a two-post-a-week minimum for the RP? Like of course there can be more posts a week, and if someone needs to be away for a while as long as I get mentioned or PMed I'm cool with it, I just want to make sure the RP can keep going at a good pace.

Well, to everyone who expressed interest in this RP, the Character Sheet thread is now up! There's all the guidelines you need to make a character, suggestions on what to do if you're stuck, and a bunch of example factions that are more likely to have recruits. Thank you all for showing interest and PM me if you have any ideas that you're not completely sure on.

Looking forward to it. Also, are the factions 'The Machine Army' and 'Nilbog's Chosen' references to Worm? If so, I give my kudos to you, sir.

Stikes Stikes

Oh yeah, I do like my Parahumans universe. The Machine Army is definitely a reference to Worm, but they're actually robotic mages. Nilbog's Chosen is not similar in any way to Worm's Nilbog, although the biomancer faction "The Sarkic Republic" is an homage to Nilbog and the Sarkic Cults from the SCP Foundation. Nilbog's Chosen are a renegade faction of ogre-ish and goblinoid terrorists who broke off from the Monster Freedom Party.

Also, this didn't get brought up, but the original portrayal of Shaddai and his purity magic smacks pretty similar to Scion, and I don't know how much of that is carrying over.

Religion? Oh yeah, absolutely, but not the way that it was before. Humans still offer their souls up to different gods, they still follow rules that gods set and will spread the hymns and praises of their patrons. But since humanity knows about what gods actually are and where they came from, and they know that gods actually can deliver on miracles and give the gift of magic, religion's sorta lost its reverence to a lot of people. It's more like siding with a political party or brand loyalty now because the governments of the world pretty much told the gods "be accountable to our laws and systems or no more souls for you".

Are we getting an OOC? Also, is Infernal paying our characters for their work?

Oh yeah we're definitely getting an OOC. And Intervention pays characters for their work, not to mention gives them a home base with a canteen and training room and a bunch of other little amenities like that

Last question for clarification, is worshipping a deity considered being a part of their faction?

I'd say yeah, you're either part of the faction or you're allied with the faction if you worship a specific pantheon or deity

Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Ayama Ayama Viper Actual Viper Actual Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Abyss Abyss Bronco Bronco

Just to make sure anyone who's responded to the interest check knows, the Character Sheet thread is up and there's already been 7/12 positions filled. The IC and OOC threads are going to be made by Sunday, but those open spots will still be available after that point until they're claimed. So if you have an idea feel free to get it in, or if you're unsure about anything feel free to send me any questions you have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back