• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Infernal Intervention (Urban Fantasy, Looking for 1-3 More Members)

I dont get it tho, there were only nine of them, no? Sorry, confusion takes over

There were originally ten. One of the people who made a character felt like they couldn't keep up with the posts and dropped out so there's going to be an open spot soon

Id still love to join, but I was stricken by a horrible stomach flu that kept me in bed for days, still feeling like a bag of....

Hey I'm pretty interested in this, but after reading the lore page, I was left a little confused on how exactly magic works in this universe. I had an idea for a mage character, but I'm not sure what the rules of the universe are exactly. Including what all are the schools of magic I can choose from. I may have missed something if so I'd appreciate it being pointed out.

Also generally not sure if I'm allowed to create an organization for background purposes. Thanks in advance!

Hey I'm pretty interested in this, but after reading the lore page, I was left a little confused on how exactly magic works in this universe. I had an idea for a mage character, but I'm not sure what the rules of the universe are exactly. Including what all are the schools of magic I can choose from. I may have missed something if so I'd appreciate it being pointed out.

Also generally not sure if I'm allowed to create an organization for background purposes. Thanks in advance!
Hey there! I'm not sure if our GM has had time to get back to you with answers to your questions, so I'd be happy to lend a hand in helping sort out any confusion you might have (my own character in the RP is a mage as well).

I asked the same question of him, on how magic works, and if you've read Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, it's basically the same for casting. If you're unfamiliar with that series, casting spells can be done either verbally or a somatic way (which is just waving your hands around, really). You don't need a catalyst for casting either, though I'm sure it could be helpful. :3

I used D&D books for a reference for the schools of magic I decided to choose from, since it casts a pretty wide net. This is the list I chose from: Abjuration, Alteration, Apportation, Conjuration, Elemental Air, Elemental Earth, Elemental Fire, Elemental Water, Enchantment, Divination, Illusion, Incantation, Invocation/Evocation, and Necromancy.

I personally made a small organization (a minor cult with a very misguided view on a goddess) for my backstory (didn't even think to ask at the time) and it fit in just fine with the setting. So I imagine you could, unless you're wanting to create a large organization, where you'd have to clear it with the boss-man first.

I hope this has been helpful and helped continue to garner your interest in the Infernal Intervention RP.

Hey there! I'm not sure if our GM has had time to get back to you with answers to your questions, so I'd be happy to lend a hand in helping sort out any confusion you might have (my own character in the RP is a mage as well).

I asked the same question of him, on how magic works, and if you've read Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, it's basically the same for casting. If you're unfamiliar with that series, casting spells can be done either verbally or a somatic way (which is just waving your hands around, really). You don't need a catalyst for casting either, though I'm sure it could be helpful. :3

I used D&D books for a reference for the schools of magic I decided to choose from, since it casts a pretty wide net. This is the list I chose from: Abjuration, Alteration, Apportation, Conjuration, Elemental Air, Elemental Earth, Elemental Fire, Elemental Water, Enchantment, Divination, Illusion, Incantation, Invocation/Evocation, and Necromancy.

I personally made a small organization (a minor cult with a very misguided view on a goddess) for my backstory (didn't even think to ask at the time) and it fit in just fine with the setting. So I imagine you could, unless you're wanting to create a large organization, where you'd have to clear it with the boss-man first.

I hope this has been helpful and helped continue to garner your interest in the Infernal Intervention RP.
Thanks I'm reading up on the magic system in the Dresden Files now, and will get on making a character sheet soon.

I read through at least as much as I could online, and I'm still pretty confused on what magic is and can actually do in the universe. I think I might just wait, for now, I don't feel confident enough in the system to create a character yet but thank you for the help.

I read through at least as much as I could online, and I'm still pretty confused on what magic is and can actually do in the universe. I think I might just wait, for now, I don't feel confident enough in the system to create a character yet but thank you for the help.
Anytime! Feel free to follow our main thread; we'll soon be getting truly started on our first mission (we've had some shenanigans happen XD) and if it makes enough sense from there, shoot ZacksQuest a PM. He'd be better able to answer your questions cohesively :3

Bumping because due to a few people dropping out, the Infernal Intervention RP now has space for 1-3 new team members to join in! See the first post for any important information and if you have any questions at all feel free to ask over PM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back