• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Infernal Intervention (Urban Fantasy, Looking for 1-3 More Members)

ZacksQuest

Indiscriminate Quest Taker
UPDATE: 03/01/2019

We now have positions available for 1-3 new team members to join!

You can check out the other character sheets to get a feel of the kind of character you want to build on the CS thread here, you can catch up on the RP so far here, and if you're interested in trying to figure out what in the setting you want your character to be and what's the RP's all about or anything else of note, you can PM me or join our OOC Discord server (PM me for the link or find it here in our OOC thread) and feel free to ask questions here (we also have a Lore thread but it's out of date due to how the RP operates). The RP is basically designed for every character to have their own personal skills and arcs so everyone gets time in the spotlight!

The RP is fairly slow and steady-paced, and as the remaining original team members are still on a mission it might be a little while longer before your character sees any real action, but feel free to still get some posts in while the mission wraps up.

I'm looking to see if anyone would be at all interested in an RP idea I've had in my head for an insanely long time. The basic idea for the setting is that every god, monster, fairy, demon, angel, spirit, and type of magic ever conceived by man turns out to be at least partially true, as the pantheons of gods are actually powerful beings from outside the universe who laid claim to territory to harvest the power of the human souls. When the balance of power is threatened to break because of humankind's discovery of the truth, and the new tensions between corporations, magic cabals, pantheons, groups of monsters, and governments, the most powerful factions across the realms develop a team of essentially magic using super-spies, either high level mages in their field or a powerful half-human. The setting is modern-day Earth, but it's an Earth that has been touched by alien cultures and warped by the constant travelling of beings with vastly different laws of physics.

The team's goal is maintaining the balance between all the pantheons and governments of the world, and it makes use of everyone's individual skills and backgrounds in order to tackle missions suited to their build as a team. Some missions can be combat-heavy or end in direct combat, but theft, diplomacy, espionage, sabotage, assassination, protection, hostage rescuing, investigating, and disaster management are all equally viable options in a setting that will pit the characters up against a multiverse full of vengeful gods, undead armies, corrupt corporations, vicious monsters, and all manner of powerful creatures who need careful analyzing and tactics to be brought down to size. There will be all manner of repercussions for your actions that last well beyond when the mission ends, and a larger story arc forms in the backgrounds as the results of these missions pile higher and higher as .

The RP is primarily mission-based and heavily character driven. Characters can choose from a list of missions or suggest what the team should tackle next. How the actual missions play out are usually suggested based on how they're listed, but depending on the build of the team and any personal stakes the mission can be played any way you choose. Teamwork is a key part of both completing the missions in the setting and furthering the story as a whole.

If that sounds good to anyone, or if it would sound good with some changes, please tell me! Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey everybody, just bumping the thread a little to let everyone know that the CS thread for Infernal Intervention is up and running at the link here, so if you're all still interested and have a character in mind you can now head over there!

Nastarial Nastarial Post the CS to the thread and wait for approval. I think I'll be openly accepting most applications but I'll be pointing out what needs to be changed or I'd suggest be changed before using them IC.

I will be in the mountains until Friday, so I cannot apply now. But Ill be watching the thread and if you are not full by then, I have a few characters in mind to choose from.

I will be in the mountains until Friday, so I cannot apply now. But Ill be watching the thread and if you are not full by then, I have a few characters in mind to choose from.

I don't think I'll be completely full by then, so you can take your time and feel free to apply when you get back. Worst case scenario, you might have to wait until enough people apply to fill up an adjacent B-team before I stop accepting characters. Thank you for letting me know though!

HEY, ITSA ME! Got a question, how'd you feel about a Revenant character? But he's not a demon, per se, he tricked a demon/devil into it reviving him with a quirky riddle. Obviously, not gonna go OP, keeping his weaknesses but also a moral code. I swear it sounds better than I'm making it seem, trynna not be too e d g e :')) ZacksQuest ZacksQuest
I can go ahead with the CS if you want and see how you feel about it!

idalie idalie Revenants are fine and are actually a part of the setting already. There's actually a couple tabs in the Lore page of the RP that mentions the origin of revenants and all other kinds of undead (they're origin is mentioned at the end of the "Demons, Monsters, and the Undead" tab and the "Nation of the Damned" tab talks about a huge unified group of them led by the undead spirits of history's greatest oppressors) that I'd suggest taking a look at those tabs before making your CS so it's setting-accurate but if you want to make one that made some deals or pulled a trickster move on one of the demons for a bit of a demonic power boost I say go for it!

idalie idalie Revenants are fine and are actually a part of the setting already. There's actually a couple tabs in the Lore page of the RP that mentions the origin of revenants and all other kinds of undead (they're origin is mentioned at the end of the "Demons, Monsters, and the Undead" tab and the "Nation of the Damned" tab talks about a huge unified group of them led by the undead spirits of history's greatest oppressors) that I'd suggest taking a look at those tabs before making your CS so it's setting-accurate but if you want to make one that made some deals or pulled a trickster move on one of the demons for a bit of a demonic power boost I say go for it!
Ah! I did look at the lore tabs but i was afraid that making a revenant would be considered not viable for the grouping -- considering the whole, kinda -- woops necromancy is bad :p But thank you!

OH ALSO, so the lore talks about tyrants mainly using revenants/undead, right? So would say Vlad the Impaler be counted as a good way to get involved in all that? C:

EDIT: Oh wow I have no eyes, ofc he's right here. I am all over the place, RIP, don't worry!

Last edited:
This rp still open? I'm itching to jump in ^_^.

I see one place is still open, is that correct?

Yes it is! If you still have a CS in mind feel free to post it on the thread. The one thing though is that they can't be introduced as a sudden 11th recruit, they'll have to be introduced a little bit later but they can already start taking part in the RP pretty soon.

Yes it is! If you still have a CS in mind feel free to post it on the thread. The one thing though is that they can't be introduced as a sudden 11th recruit, they'll have to be introduced a little bit later but they can already start taking part in the RP pretty soon.
I dont get it tho, there were only nine of them, no? Sorry, confusion takes over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back