• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Industrial Harpy in Vira City

Adamented

The One, the Only.
I'm really just looking for as many people as would be interested.

" I've been looking up at the LED sky ever since I was born, wondering if what I saw there ever had been real. I was lucky, far enough out of town the smog wasn't thick enough to block the view. I'm told it's nothing compared to what the real sky was, and from the paintings and posters that surround my room you could tell it was true. The blue moon is my favorite even if I know it was meant to be more amazing than the LED dome overhead could ever portray, it comes by two times a year and on those days up until last year my dad used to take me into town to the tallest skyscraper in this city, the Vienne Ri Hotel.
At that time of year, the place was alight with balls and social gatherings, so we'd spend the day dancing in our finest wear to blend in with the rich. But at night... the sun on those LED screens would begin to set and you could see the sky turn orange from the hotel's many windows, and we would head up to the very top to sit on the roof and watch the moon come out, bright and glorious in the sky. My dad died last year, so I'd had to go alone to see the first blue moon of that year, but I didn't bother dressing up and dancing to blend into the fun I just went straight to the roof where I sat and cried the whole night.
Now I sit on the roof waiting for something else, something much more impressive than a perfectly scheduled blue moon, I sit waiting for a person. Just like the second blue moon of last year, she will come on golden wings to join me on the roof, where I will always be waiting. I'm not really sure who she is, or why she comes, but something tells me her knowledge goes past the times that anyone should remember. I used to think she was an angel, but what god would support the human race after what they'd done to the surface? She recites a lot of history to me, and sometimes I think she must have participated in this history, the stories of the Third Surface War she speaks of seem to bring her great pain. She shares these stories with me despite the pain in her recollection of them, about how the Third Surface War had destroyed the surface until it was unlivable. The underground colonies were forced to take in refugees of the war, Surface Dwellers they were once called.
She told me there were others like her as well, a result of the Third Surface War. Immortals, she said, some with large wings that carried them over the smog of the cities, others with glorious horns that crowned their heads, and even some with sinewy tails that they used like an extra appendage.
I could see her approaching quickly, wings beating, unlike her usual gliding when she came to meet me. As she comes closer I can see a look of sheer panic on her face as she opens her wings to slow her decent, stumbling at a half-run onto the roof. Fear was evident as she spoke, and set my heart stuttering, "War is coming, we need to go!"
"

The 3000's War
There were three sides tot he 3000's War, there were the Industrialists, Traditionalists, and Progressionalists. The Traditionalists wanted to revert the underground colony's technology and society to the state it had been in the early 2000's. The Progressionalists wanted the future, flying cars and robots abound. The Industrialists wanted a compromise, a wonderful paradise, the industrial future-past. Each side used the immortal formula to create generations of soldiers to fight their war for them. The war seemed to be endless, as the immortals were hard to kill and no side seemed to be winning for almost a whole century. The original generations of immortals were captured and forced into the war, many tried to leave but most were caught and thrown back into the front lines. Then the leader of the Industrialists made a deal with the Progressionalist and Traditionalist immortals, their freedom if they forfeit. This brought about the Victorian Industrial Era, a very steampunk world that people now inhabit. Rules were set to limit immortals' natural advantages, such as Harpies having to bind their wings to their backs and Faun having to put hoods, bandannas, or head wraps over their horns to hide them.

Immortals
After the 3000's War, immortals were promised their freedom and the first Harpy signed a treaty with the Industrialist leader, Vienne Ri. They've become citizens like any other, though most don't take kindly to each other after being forced to fight one another in the 3000's War. Harpies are immortals that have some form of wings, whether they are feathered like a bird's, leathery like a bat's, or somewhere in between. Naga are immortals that have a reptilian feature, usually a sinewy tail or scaly patches of skin. Faun are immortals that have horns or fur of some form, usually deer antlers or ram horns, sometimes a fawn's tail.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back