• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Inconvenient? Maybe a little.

Kiraa

Hurricane of a girl
Hey there!
I'm Kira, and you can call me Kira, thank you very much. I'm a graphic design student in Eastern USA, but I will be in England from September through December this fall. This may be tricky (and inconvenient, as previously stated), but we could probably both squeeze in at least one reply a day. We can make it work! I swear!

What I'm lookin' for:

• Some MxF romance-y stuff. I have played a male character in the last million RPs I've been involved in, which is fine, because they've been great, but I'd really like to do some female role stuff. I could probably be convinced otherwise, though. Really, I'm not picky. I'm probably the most laid back person you'll ever meet!
    • I really, really dislike perfect characters, as far as personalities go. I love conflict. I love gritty, rugged guys and sarcastic, strong women. I love a slow burn. Things don't always need a happy ending. We can discuss this in further detail, if you need! (That being said, I also hate the "I have it worse than you" characters. Just use your best discretion, lol.)
    • I like collaborating on plots! As a graphic designer, I'm all about bouncing ideas back and forth, and I'd like to think I'm good at brainstorming. That way, we both can get what we want!
    • Third person, decent grammar and spelling, 3+ decent sized paragraphs are good for me, realistic images, and all that junk.

Pairings
For pairings with " * ", I have a rough idea for a plot.

Cop x Cop*
Cop x Civilian
Docter x Patient
Royal x Commoner (Modern times)
City x Rural
Traveler x Local **
Plots
I'm always up for making changes to these, so make suggestions!
Character A has just graduated college, and after a grueling four years of Biomedical Engineering work, he has one last summer break before starting his new job in the fall, working for a large hospital in Seattle, Washington. He and some buddies rent a house in the Florida Keys for three months, where they spend time drinking on the beach during the day, clubbing at night, and kicking girls out of their beds the next morning. It's become an almost weekly routine for them pretty early on.

Character B is in the Keys visiting family on her summer break between her Freshman and Sophomore year at a prestigious college studying education and creative writing. She and Character A cross paths, and while they are not at all alike, and she definitely isn't the kind of girl he goes after, they click, and Character A spends the rest of his summer being torn between his boys and their antics and the girl who caught his interest without being extremely drunk or half naked.

The only problem is that once August ends, he moves to Seattle, and she goes back to Texas A&M to start her second year.

Character A had been labeled "bossy" at her first parent-teacher conference in first grade. Much later in life, she has busted her ass to climb the corporate ladder. It's not easy being a woman in international business, let alone a woman in any business. It had taken a long time for her to learn how to stand her ground, to not let herself be pushed to the side. From where she sat now, at twenty-eight, in her office on the top floor of one of the largest, most lavish high rises in London, things were looking pretty damn great.

That was, until they hired Character B in order to fill in for another employee who had to leave urgently. He quickly became the only one in the building not intimidated by Character A, as he simply hadn't ever learned to be. His mere existence demanded attention when he entered a room, and in order not to feel threatened, Character A feels combative, as if she must defend her hard earned place in the company that Character B seemed to waltz right in to.

But the longer he sticks around, the more his dominant presence seems to grow on her. The longer they worked together, the less she felt the need to pick fights. But is she willing to give up a little bit of that power, to let the walls down, and for once let someone else in?

Character A and Character B have been close friends since high school, where they had a few classes together in which they got to know each other. Character A got married young, just barely after college, to a man she had met in a physics class. They wasted no time starting a family, and a year after the wedding, they welcomed their first daughter into the world, and then just barely three years later, their second.

Character A's husband had always rubbed Character B the wrong way, but despite the friction, he had always supported them, even being in the wedding party. He knew that her husband was often busy with work, and when he wasn't, he was at home, in his office. Character B often stepped in, playing the "cool uncle" as the girls got older, taking them to the zoo or helping them learn how to ride their bikes.

After a few more months of aggressive arguing and frequent separation, Character B finally steps in and asks Character A to leave her husband, not only because he's a bad guy, but because maybe he's got a tiny little crush on her too.

Last edited:
Kira,

If you're still looking for a partner, I'd be interested in conferring with you about beginning a game. I tend to loiter in the fantasy genre, but modern is perfectly fine. I can guarantee that all my characters are far from perfect. My only fear when it comes from an interest in "broken" characters is falling into the category of trope story lines. My ideal is to toss in characters without a predisposition for a story-line and see how they get along (assuming they would have a possibility beforehand). Again, that's just my ideal and I'm very flexible.

Let me know your thoughts,
Dahl

Hello Kira,

I'm interested in starting a roleplay with you, I've read this post front to back I feel, and I really like your rules and ideas! I love modern worlds myself and even though Victorian and vintage will always be my favourite, moderns open up more to the imagination.

If you want to start a small scenario just to see if our abilities work well together, please respond! I cannot send my own message because I still need about 7 posts, ahh!

Happy RPing!

Lyra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back