• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Incarnate lore thread!

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Gnomar

Discount cryptid
Setting basics- Incarnate is set in the 2050’s, with a slight alternate history. Up until the present it’s history is the same as our own, and things progress about as you would expect until the 2030’s. At this point the first Incarnates begin to show up. As far as the general public and your own character’s will know, their true origin is unknown. The soul theory is floating around and is tentatively accepted by a lot of people, but there’s no hard evidence. Countries, cities, etc are the same as our own world just 30 years further into the future. If you have any questions or need help picturing what an area may look like in the 2050’s feel free to ask, but for the most part I’m letting you guys make assumptions here. The main influence on new development in cities is of course Incarnate defences, and most areas have incorporated infrastructure to help counteract Incarnate activities. Public shelters, lockdown systems on vital structures, and so on.

Technology- This is where things diverge pretty heavily from our own world. The 2030’s saw another technological boom similar to what occurred during the world wars, with most countries scrambling for anti-Incarnate measures. So whilst a lot of technology isn’t too dissimilar to our own, military equipment has experienced a sizable jump. Everything else, leisure, transport and so on will feel familiar to that of the 2020’s, just a little shinier and more efficient.

Of course issues related to technology haven’t gone anywhere. Global warming, the energy crisis and pollution are all being worked on but haven’t been solved. But hey, pretty much all packaging is fit for recycling now! Its the small victories right…?

Who do I work for?- Your character works for I.C.E (Incarnate control and extermination) an international taskforce tasked with, you guessed it, the control and eradication of Incarnates. By pooling resources to create I.C.E the governments of the world have developed their best defence against Incarnates, you guys. Originally I.C.E simply utilized special forces in their efforts but even the most skilled human is going to have a rough time against most Incarnates. Thankfully a division of the I.C.E research team concocted project Emblem and voila, humanity has weaponized it’s greatest foe. You and your fellow roleplayers will be playing as the latest generation of these project Emblem subjects, so there will be older more experienced Incarnate hunters already working for I.C.E for you to learn and be trained by.

I.C.E has access to the best technology humanity has to offer, and with Incarnates becoming more threatening everyday, the best budget humanity has to offer as well. At the start of the roleplay we’ll mostly be operating out of their Sydney branch, but with bases all over the globe we’ll be doing quite a bit of travelling.

Where will my character be living- You’ll be provided lodging at any base you end up stationed at, and you’re more than welcome to bring a reasonable amount of belongings with you from base to base so that you may decorate as you see fit. As a top of the range taskforce I.C.E boasts top of the range lodging as well. On site gyms, pools, cafeterias, self catering areas and leisure rooms (Tv, pool tables, so on) are included at every base.

You might reasonably asking yourself what happened to my family? Well they actually had to sign off on your resurrection, so whoever your next of kin is they are very aware of what happened to you. You’ll get leave like any other job, so there will be opportunities to visit them throughout your new career.

My Incarnate and me- Incarnates aren’t like real animals. They have no need for food or water, but may consume it anyway. They all have distinct personalities, but ‘feral’ Incarnates tend to be violent and prone to destruction. Most Incarnates can’t speak, and those that do can rarely use anything more than basic phrases. However, if you want a super intelligent and fully sentient Incarnate that’s certainly on the table. These Incarnate’s are usually humanoid and are often physically weaker than a more traditional monstrous Incarnate.

Your Champion can, conveniently, be stored away inside you at will. Summoning it is as simple as moving your arm. Just think it, and just like that your Champion will appear. However summoning your Champion isn’t free, imagine an energy bar of sorts, a chunk of that bar is eaten up each time you summon your Champion and maintaining its physical form will eat away at that bar over time. Likewise using your Champions abilities (I.E, elemental attacks or something similar) will be more costly than just having it move in a more traditional manner.

If you die, your Champion dies with you. If your Champion is defeated you won’t die, but it will vanish and you’ll need a long rest before it will have recovered. The abilities granted to you by your Champion are directly linked to it, but you can still use them without it summoned. Doing so is more difficult than having it present though, so the results are often lesser than usual.

The Vassals of Reincarnation-

When something as bizarre as Incarnates crop up you can bet your ass that there’s gonna be somebody somewhere who wants to start a religion based around them. Enter the Vassals of Reincarnation, usually just referred to as the Vassals by the public. Founded in 2032 by Caroline Sofie, CEO of the international transport service ‘Blink’, this religion is based around the central idea that Incarnates are the next stage of life for humans, and prove that reincarnation is real. The Vassals claim that those that transform into the feral Incarnates are chosen to bring destruction upon our society, and are a sign that we need to change our ways.

The Vassals are pretty ‘culty’ and although they have a surprisingly large following their are even more people who view them as a bunch of delusional fools. They prey on the naïve and gullible and many of their followers end up giving their everything to the Vassals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back