Video Games In your opinion, what are some of the most overrated video games?

Tiny Tina's Wonderland. I adore Borderlands and was excited for the D&D aspects, but I can't get into this game. It reminds me of the Lego Movie for some reason. I love the Lego Movie too, but overall I just feel like the tone/humor of the game was a real miss for me because it didn't feel like Borderlands.

I'm just gonna say it: Apex Legends is not substantially better than Fortnite.

This is not me saying Fortnite is good: it's a buggy, glitchy, poorly-optimized mess, but under the surface theres at least an interesting idea. Apex suffers from the exact same problems, and also has an equally interesting idea.

But at least the Switch version of Fortnite WORKS. I love the characters to pieces, but lately the networking has been SUPER hit or miss - especially on Switch. Not to mention an absolutely abysmal framerate...

I'm just gonna say it: Apex Legends is not substantially better than Fortnite.

This is not me saying Fortnite is good: it's a buggy, glitchy, poorly-optimized mess, but under the surface theres at least an interesting idea. Apex suffers from the exact same problems, and also has an equally interesting idea.

But at least the Switch version of Fortnite WORKS. I love the characters to pieces, but lately the networking has been SUPER hit or miss - especially on Switch. Not to mention an absolutely abysmal framerate...
Most Switch ports of games made for other platforms are quite broken. I love my Switch, but it's pretty limited as far as which games you can actually play on it without issue.

Among Us is top-rated on Steam... but I played it and it is boring, boring, BORING! The gameplay itself is whatever, and on top of that, you spend most of your time just waiting for everyone to convene their votes. And then there seems to be that one asshat who is perpetually afk and the vote drags to a time-out. I just don't understand why the game is even remotely popular.

Another game that is top rated and was even personally suggested to me by several members of the Steam community, is Divinity: Original Sin 2.
I'm always on the lookout for games with excellent character creation options. For whatever reason, a good handful of people thought this game fit the bill. I assure you, it did not. While it does have some more... unique options for character creation (I've never found another game that lets you play as an undead dwarf female, for instance), the actual customization of the individual character is not there. All the face/ and hair options are just choosing from one preset or the other. lame. The rest of the actual gameplay is mediocre. Nothing special about it. And I hate the fact that you are shoehorned into the specific role of a Sourcerer (that's how they spell it in the game).

Dragon Age and Mass Effect are also really overrated, imo. As well as the Star Wars KotOR games. I mean, I guess they were alright back in the early 2000's when they were shiny and new. But by today's standard, they are meh.

All things considered, I should have liked Stardew Valley. But as soon as it comes time to do the work to get your farm running, i get lazy and am like. yeah i dont want to.

This may be a controversial opinion but I think all modern Nintendo games are highly overrated. Many of them are overpriced for what they are, have horrible game design and can't even run well on Switch.

This may be a controversial opinion but I think all modern Nintendo games are highly overrated. Many of them are overpriced for what they are, have horrible game design and can't even run well on Switch.
Nintendo merchandise in general is overpriced. Even plushies, toys, clothes, and other non-game products are very expensive when compared to similar products.

Metroid Dread and BoTW were my favorites of the console, but I grew up RELIGIOUSLY Nintendo. I dont care much for their E-shop pickings, I also never got big into Pokemon (though I did play a lot of Y). Its not for everybody, but I've been pretty content with the Switch's offerings.

That's just me tho. And some games really REALLY dont run well at all on the Switch. Poor Apex Legends...

Metroid Dread and BoTW were my favorites of the console, but I grew up RELIGIOUSLY Nintendo. I dont care much for their E-shop pickings, I also never got big into Pokemon (though I did play a lot of Y). Its not for everybody, but I've been pretty content with the Switch's offerings.

That's just me tho. And some games really REALLY dont run well at all on the Switch. Poor Apex Legends...
Paladins as well. It's actually infuriating to play on Switch. Sometimes it's nearly unplayable. I miss having a PS4, but it broke and I can't afford to replace it :(

And some games really REALLY dont run well at all on the Switch. Poor Apex Legends...
Paladins as well. It's actually infuriating to play on Switch. Sometimes it's nearly unplayable. I miss having a PS4, but it broke and I can't afford to replace it :(
I grew up playing the Sega Genesis, then got into playstation and xbox, had a Gamecube for a time, then got newer consoles of both playstation and xbox as they came around in later years. But now I play exclusively on PC. A lot of those old games I used to play are now available on PC.... but lemme tell ya, Console games really don't do well when ported over to PC. Especially if they are action filled with real-time combat. The control of the character(s) just isnt the same.

I wont even TRY to play Monster Hunter. That game was hard enough WITH a handheld control. The creatires will be nigh impossible for me to beat if I'm stuck using a mouse and keyboard. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back