• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern In the Wake of the War (FxM)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Note: I am not absolutely set on a pilot for your character. However, as a pilot your chances of coming out of the war without PTSD would be better. Not really wanting to have an RP with a character suffering that disorder. It’s become a little cliche in fiction.

Option 1 Post WW 1
World War I, also known as the First World War or the Great War, or the War to End All Wars, was a global war originating in Europe that lasted from July 28, 1914 to November 11, 1918.

Time: June 1921

Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps - Wikipedia
You served in the military as a pilot in the US Signal Corps, Aviation Section. You were all of 19 when you signed up in 1916, much to the displeasure of your family. But then you had already been the black sheep of the family for joining the Army. (The USAF won’t exist until Sept 18, 1947.) You would now be all of 24 years old.

The United States has been going through the Recession of 1920-21. Aviation jobs were extremely hard to find until 1927. The current President is Harding (dies in 1923; Coolidge sworn in).

Option 2 Post WW 2
World War II (WWII or WW2), also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from Sept 1, 1939 to Sept 2, 1945. It was the deadliest conflict in human history, marked by 70 to 85 million fatalities.

Location: Albuquerque, NM - population 90,000+ (97,000 by 1950)
Time: June 1947

You served as a fighter pilot in the USAAF (US Army Air Forces). Pick which theater you were in - Europe (Germany) or Pacific (Japan). You enlisted like about 31% of young men after Pearl Harbor (or maybe a little sooner?), already possessing skills as a pilot. Up to you whether you remained on active duty once your 4 years were up in early 1946. (Korean War starts June 25, 1950.) If a civilian, odds are you have found work as a civilian pilot. In this option, family approval would be more likely.

My Character
https://live.staticflickr.com/7151/6796830623_50044b96ec_b.jpg

Diane Matthews arrived from the year 2021 by way of a temporal accident being conducted by a friend. She was strangely dressed (similar to the image above.)

Posting
3rd person, past tense perfective.
Literate
Modest content. I am looking for at least a few good paragraphs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back