• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy In The Land Of Gods & Monsters

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Junko~ (Interaction; Pepsionne Pepsionne )
“Great!” Junko couldn’t help but to let her excitement show, yet tried to dial it back a bit to not seem overwhelming. She proudly started to lead the way, having zero idea where she was going at all. She was just happy to be there. Luckily, Junko had saw a bunch of people walking in the same direction and decided to follow them. There’s no way a group of people could get lost.

Once they had arrived, Junko held the door opened for her, like a gentlewoman. Once inside, she turned to face Nix. Before she could speak, Nix had clasped her hands together and started to speak. “O-oh, okay! Well, I’ll probably see you around if we have a class together.” She waved at Nix before walking off to find her normal sitting space, which was closer to the back so she could draw while everyone spoke.

Junko found her seat, which was still empty, and plopped herself down. She opened her bag up just enough to pull out her art book, along with a pencil. She looked around, thinking of what to draw. The principal wasn’t there yet, so she still had time to do what she wanted.

Isis~ (Mentioned; Everyone)
As Isis started to walk, she noticed Kai sticking his hand out. At first she was confused, feeling tempted to hold his hand for some reason. That’s when she realized, taking half of her stack of papers and handing it over to him. Though she didn’t like working here, Isis was glad that she had such amazing people to work with. She hadn’t met anyone she didn’t like working here before, which was great. Each year had some sort of bully, but it seemed none of them were working at the academy. Which made her wonder where they were now.

Isis walked silently next to Kai, lost in all of her thoughts. She didn’t snap out of it until they were almost there. “I’m so sorry! I hope my silence didn’t make you feel awkward… I was just thinking about the students that were here when I was just a student. I wonder where they are now.” She said a bit quietly, hoping nobody besides him heard. Once they had reached the ballroom, Isis carefully took the papers back from him with a smile. “Thank you very much for helping me with the papers. I appreciate it. I’ll be seeing your around shortly.

Isis walked up to the front of the ballroom, setting down the papers on the table besides her. She waited until the room got quieter before speaking. “Good morning students. To those of you who are new, welcome! It’s wonderful to have you this year.” Isis grabbed a pile of paper from the stack and separated it from the rest, setting it by itself on the table in its own group. She did that a couple more times before placing her hand on the first pile, “This is for all of the students, new or returning.

Isis picked up the pamphlet for all the students to see before starting to speak again. “This will have just about everything you’ll know to know about the academy. There’s a map of the school, the rules and more.” She placed the pamphlet back down, “As for your schedule… Your home room teacher will be handing it to you. If you need more time to put your things away, you’ll have ten minutes before the bell rings. If you’re unsure who your home room teacher will be, come up here and it’ll say it on this sheet.” Isis held it up before placing it back down. “As for the home room teachers, please report up here to receive the students schedule. Thank you, and have a wonderful year.” She smiled.

latest
"Haris." The girl replied curtly, carefully adjusting her stance as to not jostle the other too much. The extra weight didn't seem to bother the blonde too much, if at all. To be honest, it was like holding a couple of grapes. "Might wanna hold on tight. It's gonna be a bit of a bumpy ride."

With little to no other warning, the two were off. They zipped through the crowd, weaving in and out of the throng of students—surprisingly enough avoiding collision with the help of some deft footwork. Making quick work of the distance, they managed to make it to the ballroom in record speed. Haris skidded to a complete stop, delicately depositing her passenger onto the ground. "Looks like we're just on time." She looked over to the front where the principal stood.

AbyssFlower AbyssFlower (I am so sorry for the late reply)

Levi~ (Mentioned; AbyssFlower AbyssFlower & Ineptitude Ineptitude )
Levi had rushed to the ballroom, making it there pretty quickly. He didn’t take a seat though, deciding to stand closer to the door until it was over. He didn’t really pay attention to what Isis had been saying, mainly because it was nothing new. Levi was just waiting for the day to start to he could be distracted from all of his thoughts. This new year was already weird to him. At the time, he was so distracted that he didn’t notice the two girls he was talking to earlier had came in together.

As soon as Isis finished speaking, he walked over to the front to see who his home room teacher was that year. Levi flipped through the papers, searching for his name. Once he had found it, he looked at the teacher’s name. Williams. He moved away from the sheet for other students to see, grabbing a pamphlet as he walked away.

Howl~
Howl had already been in the ballroom, sitting near the front row. He was still new for the most part, he showed up near the end of the year. It was technically his first full year at the academy. He hadn’t really made any friends from last year because he didn’t have enough time, but he was going to this year. After Isis had finish speaking, he waited in line to see who his home room teacher was going to be.
Howl knew he still had ten minutes before class started, and there was no reason to get there early. He looked around, wondering who seemed like a good enough person to be his friend.

Kai
Kai looked at Isis, offering a small smile as she shifted some of the papers into his open hand. He continued thinking about potential candidates for student assistants for his classes this year. He would have to do more observation during class time to find someone who showed promise. He was too lost in his own thoughts, barely noticing Isis herself was walking in silence beside him as they grew closer and closer to the ballroom. He glanced her way once she finally broke the silence between them and offered her a shrug, unbothered by the lack of conversation. "Don't worry about it," He said, his eyes searching her elegant features while she expressed concern for previous students. The thought turned over slowly in his head. It was a struggle for him to see the reasoning behind her concern. Kai had been there since the school's founding, which was nearly a century at this point. He had seen so many students pass through the halls, keeping them in his memory was about as difficult as holding on to an oil slicked fish. There were a few who managed to grab his attention every couple of years, but for the most part they were a blur of ever changing faces.

Kai offered the papers back to Isis when she reached for them. He smiled politely. "I'm sure the alumni are doing well on their own. You, Mira and Ricin turned out alright, didn't you?" He tilted his head to the side. It was a surface level fact, but hopefully a reassuring one nonetheless. Kai watched Isis hurry to make her way through to the front of the ballroom and disappear through the double doors. His eyes lingered on the space her body had disappeared from, churning over what she had said to him. There was panic there, some kind of reason for her concern. Her voice had been lowered from her normal light, bouncy delivery. Did she only want him to hear? If so, why?

A particularly loud laugh from one of the students filtering into the ballroom made his face twist into a grimace, but managed to bring him back to the moment at hand. Kai shook his head and walked into the loud ballroom to listen to Isis' orientation speech. He took a seat in one of the first rows, not bothering to look behind him at all of the new students that had shuffled in. The room was full of a low clamor of moving bodies and hushed whispers. When Isis spoke, a wave of silence fell over the crowd. Kai didn't listen to the orientation speech. He didn't really care. He had heard orientation speeches more times than he could reasonably keep track of. What he was more focused on, was the odd behavior that Isis exhibited. Was it something he should be concerned about? His expression was set into a severe look once the orientation ended. Kai stood up absently, lost in his thoughts while students began to trickle out of the ballroom.

Interacts: Kakyoin Kakyoin Isis
(Open for interaction)

-------

Mira
Mira noted Ricin's shrinking movements in the crowd. He grew less and less sure of himself, closing himself in to the distance that felt safe and known. Her touch became slightly firmer, more reassuring once she picked up on his disorientation. Don't worry, She thought to herself. I'm not going anywhere. The crowd began to thin out the further they moved into the ballroom. Most of the students were filing in row by row, and the front portion was mostly filled in. Mira stood on her tip toes to look across the sea of heads in front of them, spotting a couple of open spots in the very front where teachers occupied. Seemed like students were a little hesitant to sit near any of them.

A small smile in relief drifted across her features. Mira gave a little tug on Ricin's sleeve. "Almost there, I just spotted the best seats in the house," She giggled, leading him towards the front of the room. She sat down once they arrived, patting the seat next to her to give the man a sound cue. "Ooh Isis just arrived," She said, already intrigued with the announcements the woman had to kick off the year. Isis looked like her normal, ethereal self, but Mira couldn't help but notice a slight edge to the woman's expression while she filtered through the stack of papers that sat atop the podium. Maybe she had been in a rush gathering everything she needed. It did look like she had just arrived and walked straight to the podium, after all.

The orientation speech was short, simple, and over before Mira even knew it. "Well--" She started, turning to Ricin beside her. "That's that, I guess. Straight business this time." Mira stood up and smoothed the back of her dress in one fluid movement. "Hmm--" She hummed absently. "I've got to get coffee before I start my classes or I don't think I'm going to make it through the day. Would you like to join me?" Mira smiled widely, shifting her weight from side to side while she stood.

Interacts: plontae plontae Ricin

Nix felt warmer and more energetic after parting from Junko. Was she supposed to feel that way? She felt a little guilty for that...but if it was any consolation, Junko seemed used to it. Nix was sure they would meet again eventually. That's how school tended to work, after all. It had been a good while since Nix just got to sit and listen at a ceremony like this. For a couple of years now, she and Hinode tended to be a week or two late starting school, considering all the events they needed to appear at during the start of the year. Things...actually seemed to be looking up.

She took her time, watching and taking stock of the other students that were lining up. For all the decorum and artifice this school had built up to meet the needs of its...unorthodox student body (and equally eccentric faculty), Trinity seemed to be a school like any other. The thought amused her, like she could go to a university with whatever diploma this place gave her. Though she did take note of labels like "Power Use and Combat", and "Mythical Languages". She wasn't quite looking forward to getting into scuffles with manticores or harpies, even as memories of her more bloodthirsty comrades like Byleth or Asmodeus returned to her.

All things considered...she was still certain it would be a good idea to participate, make some friends. She sidled up to the heavily pierced boy. Now that was a style she was pretty familiar with from her performing days. "Extracurricular music club, huh? Know anyone who might be into that?" She gave her best networking smile, certain he'd be receptive.

Kakyoin Kakyoin (Howl)

~ Harmony ~
Her foot entered the ballroom and she turned to see if Alexis had caught up to her. Luckily, she was still faster, but he was getting faster as well. "Wow Alexis, gotta say, you're starting to catch up to me!" She said to hims as he finally entered the ballroom. She stood up straight and wipe some sweat off of her forehead with her arm. "You okay?" She turned to Alexis and placed a hand on his back. She knew not everyone has the stamina for running for that long. After making sure he was okay, she heard the principal start to speak to the students in the room and she snapped her head to look at her. She payed attention throughout her entire speech, making sure she got all the information she needed to know. Once she was done speaking, Harmony's gaze fell upon the table with all the pamphlets. "Let's go get the pamphlets. I promise not to run." She said to Alexis, putting her hand up in a pledge like motion. "Well, what do you say?"

DracotheStern DracotheStern

As she got off Heather glanced around the room for reassurance then let her gaze go back to Harris. "Thank you, that ride was pretty cool, we made such an entrance…" she trailed off with sparkled in her eyes as she listened to the principal. Once the small speech was done she turned to the other girl again, "I'll go check about my home room teacher and maybe get a pamphlet too. I'll see you around." She thanked her again then went to check the papers.

She noticed the nervous guy from earlier who looked better now, she didn't want to startle him so she just checked the papers, took a pamphlet and walked away wondering what to do until the lesson began. "I should just wait outside the classroom... I don't have much time to sit around the library." She thought out loud.

Interactions/Mentions: Kakyoin Kakyoin Ineptitude Ineptitude (don't worry about it hehe)

Howl~ (Interaction; Nellancholy Nellancholy )
Howl stuck both his hands into his jacket pockets as he looked around, slowly moving up in line. He had to admit, there was a bunch of attractive people going to the academy this year. Some he did slightly recognize from the short time he was there last year. This was technically Howls full first year at the academy. He hadn’t made any friends yet, he didn’t have much time to get to know anyone. He was very hopeful about this year though.

Howl jumped when he heard someone speaking to him, quickly looking down besides him. He smiled brightly, letting out a chuckle as he removed his hands from his pocket. He placed a heart on his chest, taking a deep breath before responding. “It would seem like you would be into it. I honestly can’t picture too many people who wouldn’t be, even just slightly.” Howl started to play with one of his cherry earrings as they spoke, which was a habit of his. “I mean, I’m not great at it and I’m still interested in the club….. What do you play?

Howl wanted to read her emotions, but it was so hard when there were so many different people there feeling all types of different emotions. He couldn’t just touch her out of nowhere to feel it, so he just tried to read her by the way she acted.

Eren~ (Mentioned Topless Topless & Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 )
If you don’t see me there, don’t wait up for me! I’ll more than likely miss it or make it at the very end.” Eren called out as Luke walked away. He opened the door to his dorm, tossing his bag onto his bed and opening it up at grab fresh clothes. He ran into the bathroom, trying to shower and get dressed as quickly as he could.

As soon as he was finished, Eren looked at himself in the mirror and tied his hair up into an extremely messy bun. As he looked at himself, he started to wonder. Is that evil witch going to be there this year? He didn’t even know how to deal with her, which was his biggest issue about going to this academy. Eren was way bigger than her, which is one of the reasons why he never laid a hand on her. That, and he was a man. Maybe he would find another woman to deal with her for him.

Eren left the room, and started to make his way towards the ballroom. He knew that the orientation was more than likely over, but he still wanted to see who his home room teacher was going to be. He walked past some people walking out of the ballroom, sliding in past the doors. He slightly looked around to see if the kid was still there or not.

Levi~ (Mentioned AbyssFlower AbyssFlower )
Levi wanted to go do something while he waited for class to start, but there was pretty much nothing he could do while he waited. They only had ten minutes, so he thought he might as well start to make his way towards his first class. He would have to grab his school things out of his locker first though. Levi started to leave the ballroom, but heard someone speaking. He turned his head in the direction of where he heard it, realizing that they were just talking to themselves.

Levi squinted his eyes a bit to get a better look, and it was the girl who asked him if he was okay earlier. He quickly turned his head away, trying to disappear. If only he could control his powers a bit better, he would’ve disappeared into the shadows.

Last edited:
The pierced boy seemed a little cautious, anxious maybe, despite his friendly demeanor. It seemed that before Nix had approached him, he was lost in thought for a bit and perhaps wasn't quite expecting to be talked to. Not to mention that...he didn't seem to recognize her. Really, it was just as well. Without the makeup and costumes, the lighting and filters...Nix probably looked quite different. That was something that took getting used to, after the respectful distance her previous schoolmates tended to give her.

Hearing his modesty and his question, Nix decided it was alright to return his friendly smile, folding her arms as she looked him over. "It's the kind of thing that takes polishing...you'll probably feel quite enthusiastic once you find something you're into. Or maybe you won't, and...that's fine." She shrugged. "As for me..." Her gaze darkened, as she looked away for a moment. He didn't recognize her...that meant he didn't know about the scandal, right? So there was no need to hide..."I used to sing. Aaaaaaaaah..." Giving in for a moment to her voice's urge to break free, she let out a melodious trill, the kind of sound that sank deep into one's mind, returning unbidden at any moment.

"Ahem. But maybe I should move on from that. Maybe I want to take up guitar. Guitar's still in, right?"

Kakyoin Kakyoin (Howl)

Both Luke and Abigail had made it to the ballroom just in time for the orientation to start. Right after the principal, Isis, finishes her speech, the students make their way to the table to get their schedules. Their first class will be Home Room, easy enough. Nothing much happens around that subject so this should give them plenty of time to take a break before the second class.

Amanda and Abigail

"Hello sweeties." Amanda greeting the incoming students as she hands them the pamphlets with a bright smile. But when it came down to Abigail, Amanda said "Oh hello sweetie. It looks like I'll be the one handling your home room for now on. Isn't it exciting?" Abigail felt a bit embarrassed, and yet she cannot do anything about that. "Mom, please don't embarrass me while you're at it. I don't want other people to laugh at me." She said. "Aww don't worry about me, honey. I'll make sure nobody is going to make fun of you. Anyway, here is your schedule and I'll be seeing you later." Amanda assured before giving her daughter a quick kiss to her cheek before leaving.

Open for interaction

Luke

After Luke got his schedule, he looks around to find if Eren has made it. Sure enough, he sees him. "Eren!" He called as he runs up to him. "Eren, you finally made it. I thought you wouldn't make it here." He said befoe asking "Anyway, you got your schedule? Looks like home room will be up first."

Kakyoin Kakyoin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back