• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom In the Echoes [CS]

C
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

List of Characters
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Other
Here

AI10100

Expert Lurker

Character Sheet

Basics

Name:

Sex/Gender:

Appearance:

Country of Origin:

Affiliation:

Vision:

Main Weapon:

Story

[How did you receive your vision]:

Personality:

History:

Voicelines

Introduction:

Hobby:

Interesting Things:

Favorite Food:

Least Favorite Food:

Favorite Time of the Day:

[May include relationship voicelines here]

Note: Do not post your character sheets before they are approved over DMs.
If you if add a full set of voicelines for your character, you can opt out of the personality section. You don't need to actually voice them unless you want to. ; D
Also, you can edit the character sheet as much as you want as long as the basic information is there.​

Last edited:
Edrich [Mondstadt]
809e7e9e20564325517c5933c060312b.jpg

“Young, independent and curious, he is one of the most active ruin explorers in the Adventurer’s Guild of Mondstadt whose reputation and work has even reached Liyue as well. Due to the retirement of his old adventure team, he now leads one himself.”
Official Description

• Name: Edrich

Sex/Gender: Male

Country of Origin: Mondstadt

Affiliation: Adventurer’s Guild

Vision: Geo

Main Weapon: Polearm [Can separate the staff into two to form two eskrima sticks]

Last edited:
Hayate [Liyue-Inazuma]

Hayate

Artist: @helenpeanut

• Name: Mizushima Hayate 水島 颯

Country of Origin: Borders get a bit murky in the sea between Inazuma and Liyue, so it’s hard to say where his home belongs to—especially after a history of being orally claimed by both sides. Though the way his name is pronounced might lead most to believe that his island stands in Inazuma waters, many villagers express surnames in typical Liyue form as well.

Affiliation: Adventurer’s Guild

Vision: Anemo

Main Weapon: Harpoon

Last edited:
Ilya [Snezhnaya]

fmOCAXNVEmKL6Hf4SLW5W_iu7RGDaapFcUOtAJWhV0g0jDxNX7L3sdyOmvRmi_1M03_gHwA01Qafti_HAKd5pdaSbgY_P1CBbrAE6MaoE66bhvyi7xkZD5vzm2ErZDGC-A

“A young woman ridden with guilt from her time with the Fatui. She sees her hands tainted with blood, voices begging for mercy in her dreams. She travels alone in hopes that maybe she could atone for her sins through any means while running from the very organization that took her in."

• Name: Ilya Alexeev

Alias: Alex

Sex/Gender: Female

Country of Origin: Snezhnaya

Affiliation: Fatui (Formerly), Herself

Vision: Electro

Main Weapon: Gunblade

Ori [Inazuma]
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  character sheet : kanbe ori  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

krQfNlRL3CK8tPx6q6clErP27_eG7R-6F70bC7OX2_JycV5vyD4E93-rPjCJHjZDKxKKQq7DerOpZUax373RpogZEd9AOiINPlEnY_0ZaLWm3TsHfs0D-xvEqgTOvdiBUQS-C-Ms

✧ name: kanbe ori , 神戸 桜蘭
✧ age: 20-21
✧ sex: female
✧ appearance: at approximately 5ft2/158cm, ori is the average height for a girl her age from inazuma, but has felt dwarfed since she arrived in mondstadt. she has narrow shoulders and hips, but her body is well-muscled and toned due to her weapon of choice and so she has quite the androgynous silhouette. her hair is dark black and choppy. she refuses to let it grow past her chin, and usually defaults to tying it half-up in a small ponytail. high cheekbones, pale lips, and almond-shaped eyes. her skin is whitish in colour and refuses to tan, while her eyes are so dark they seem nearly violet, under certain light. she has a small birthmark at the outer corner of her left eye.

ori can often be seen in the standard knights of favonius armour, with her vision worn around her neck on a strap like a choker. on days when she doesn’t wear her uniform, she usually chooses simple, baggy pants and a sleeveless top, along with one of her few relics from her life in inazuma, the tabi boots passed down to her by a childhood friend. she dislikes wearing anything that feels restrictive or performative.

✧ personality: ori is far from a social butterfly. upon first impression, she is quiet and subdued, often formal in her manner of speech, and not one for unnecessary drama. get to know her and this mostly remains true, though once she becomes comfortable with somebody she can be coaxed into opening up and expressing emotion, including affection, albeit veiled by a layer of indifference.

when ori was a few years younger, she went through a period of time where she was far more aggressive and unpleasant to be around, and lashed out at anything that made her feel as if she lacked control. she has since outgrown this behaviour and overcompensates for her embarrassment by feigning at emotionlessness. ori has also never been one for proper coping mechanisms.

✧ country of origin: inazuma
✧ affiliation: mondstadt, knights of favonius
✧ vision: anemo
✧ main weapon: claymore

✧ character details: ori is a young new member of the mondstadt knights of favonius, with a quiet demeanor and a penchant for hard work. don’t be fooled by her standoffish first impression, however: though she currently is working as a minor guard and performing basic tasks around the city, she considers herself to be a protector of the city and anyone else who needs it. she has a complicated feelings toward the anemo archon, but considers mondstadt to be the closest thing she has to home.

✧ story 1: in the dead of winter, in the middle of the night, in a small port city in inazuma, kanbe ori was born the only child to her newly wed mother and father.

ori’s father was a trader and spent months away from home at a time, carting goods back and forth between inazuma and the other nations. despite the burden this placed on ori’s mother, who was hardly more than a child herself when she became pregnant and got married to avoid the social stigma that comes with, ori regards her father’s absence as a blessing -- whenever he did come home, he would get drunk and beat her and her mother, citing his resentment for the two of them as a ‘family he never wanted.’

both due to this and reasons other than, her mother was a quiet and timid woman, and ori learned from her at a young age how to become unnoticeable.

✧ story 2: of course, the thing about hiding is that at some point somebody has to find you, for better or for worse.

for the first portion of her childhood ori grew up learning how to take care of herself. her mother was emotionally unavailable, and did not work, meaning the two of them were left to rely only on the income ori’s father would send home. this meant ori became quite acquainted with finding odd jobs around the city to do for extra money, until she turned old enough to find work loading cargo onto ships at the harbour.

when ori was nearly 15 years old, that’s when everything began to change: ori, aching and famished after a long day of heavy work, decided to spend some of her day’s pay on dinner for herself at the noodle shop on the port, before she had to go back home and give up the rest of her earnings to her mother to spend on drink and spoiled food.

it was a family’s restaurant that ran itself out of an old cargo shed, and it was their oldest daughter who was working behind the bar the evening that ori came to visit. the thing is, it would have been so easy for that girl to take one look at ori’s dirty clothes, bony face, torn knuckles, and be cruel, like so many others in her life, but instead she fixed ori with a smile so bright it seemed to radiate out of her, and then even let her stay all the way up until closing, tucked away at the corner of the bar under the warm candle-lanterns and paper garlands like they’d make up for the cold and empty thing of a house she had to go back home to.

it was the same girl working there the next day. and the next. and the day after that. and like a moth to all things warm and light, ori couldn’t stay away.

✧ story 3: curling brown hair and the smell of sweet flowers. a gentle voice, even softer hands, and a heart so kind it seemed like the whole universe couldn’t help but hold their breath and fall for her. that was what sato ayase was, to ori.

ori learned this over the course of many weeks. she had become a frequent patron of the sato family’s noodle shop, miraculously showing up only on the days that ayase was working (which, granted, was often). ayase was always delighted to see her, as well -- although ori had never been good at conversation, it never seemed to matter to ayase, who somehow managed to fill the space between them for hours with mindlessly sweet chatter. ori could never recall any one thing they spoke about, just that every night she made the long walk home while feeling that much lighter and giddier inside.

eventually ori became a frequent enough presence that she began to help out around the shop. of course, ayase couldn’t actually hire her as an employee, but nobody seemed to mind if ori helped wash up some nights in exchange for something to eat.

the two quickly became inseparable -- wherever ayase went, ori would follow, and the other way around. if ayase was her sun, warm and full of life, then ori was her moon, soft-spoken and dependable, and they moved together in perfect orbit. it was almost inevitable, at that point, when the two of them had their first kiss on ayase’s 16th birthday, warmed by the spring breeze and the glow of the candle-lanterns lining the shop’s kitchen.

✧ story 4: the hardest thing to learn when you are young is that good things never last.

half a year later, after ori turned 16, her mother died without warning. her heart just stopped in her sleep. it wasn’t until the morning that ori noticed.

her father returned for the funeral. he hadn’t come home in a long time -- instead visiting his mistress and their new children, ori suspected. after all, he seemed so distraught at being removed so suddenly from his family and forced to remember the burdens of his younger years, that he returned to his old habits and bruised ori black and blue as soon as they were alone after the ceremony. a ‘farewell gift,’ before he left her life for good.

it didn’t take long to convince ayase after that.

“we have to go, ayase. we gotta get out of here. there’s nothing left for me here anymore. let’s run away together. we can figure something out,” ori said, even as her hands trembled where they gripped the doorframe.

ayase pried her fingers from their shaky hold on the doorframe and gently cupped ori’s hands in her own, pressing a quiet kiss to her fingertips.

“for you, i’ll go wherever.”

✧ story 5: that same night, the two of them packed whatever they could fit in one bag, then climbed aboard her father’s little ship and stole it right out of the wharf. through some miraculous stroke of luck, they survived the journey and managed to make it all the way to liyue harbour. the next step was just to keep their heads down until they made it to mondstadt, however long it took them to get there by foot.

mondstadt, the city of freedom; where they could build a life together like they’d always dreamed. they would train together and join the knights of favonius -- then, it’d be their turn to protect anyone who needed it, and nobody could ever touch them again.

but life on the run isn’t easy, especially when you’re desperate and you’re so close to victory that it makes you stupid.

for reasons that escape ori to this day, when they were about halfway there, ayase fell ill, either from stress or exhaustion or just in a cruel turn of fate. it was bad. it was really bad. the closest thing they got to help was a travelling doctor who gave them some herbal medicines, but all those did were put ayase to sleep so she wasn’t in any sort of discomfort. ayase was barely lucid by the end -- ori would carry her on her back for hours each day, until one evening that ori sought them shelter from a thunderstorm in an old ruin, and ayase stopped breathing right there while ori was trying to put them to sleep.

the thunder and lightning outside were almost mocking in their cacophony. parting words, from their homeland.

✧ vision: after a day of floating from shock, ori buried her body with a crown of sweet flowers. it cannot be underestimated how close ori was to giving up and letting herself die with ayase; after all, it was her fault to begin with, her fault for giving into impulse and convincing ayase to come with her. but… to surrender now and ignore all they had given up to get this far would have been even greater an insult to ayase’s principles than failing her so badly in the first place, so, with a weary soul and no other choice, ori completed the journey and made it to the city. it was as she was walking up to the gates that a glowing green light plucked itself out of the sky to fall at ori’s feet, waiting to be claimed. an anemo vision, inlaid in mondstadt’s winged crest -- the cruelest sort of ‘welcome home.’

“any love i had for inazuma died on the journey. mondstadt and its people are all that’s left for me.” ori would say, to anyone who bothered to question where her allegiance lay.

✧ introduction: “Hello. ...It’s nice to meet you. Just call me Ori; I’m sure we have lots of work to do, so let’s get going.”
✧ hobby: “I don’t have a lot of spare time outside of work. I do keep a small flower garden that I tend to when I can, though.”
✧ favourite food: “Udon noodle soup. I haven’t had it in ages -- the ingredients are hard to find here. It’s alright. I’ve never been able to get it quite right anyways.”
✧ least favourite food: “Any sort of alcohol, really, but the smell of sake in particular disturbs me. Ah, I guess that’s not really a food, is it…”
✧ favourite time of day: “Dawn. It’s a reminder: the world keeps turning, the sun keeps rising, and so do I continue on each day.”
✧ good morning: “You’re awake. Are you rested?’
✧ good afternoon: “It’s not antithetical if you feel the need to take a break. We gain nothing if you push yourself.”
✧ good evening: “...And so marks the end of another day. Curious, how I so loathe the colours of the sunset when a sunrise looks the same.”
✧ good night: “It would be wise for you to rest now. If we are lucky, we have nothing but time ahead of us.”

✧ about edrich: "Edrich is a good man. I don't doubt that, and neither should you. I've known him nearly the whole time I've lived in Mondstadt. He's always been willing to take me along with him to do some commissions as part of my knight training. ...Not that I'm sure it really counts, but Grandmaster Jean has never minded. I suspect the two of them have worked out some sort of deal -- though, never mind that, it's none of my business, and I'm just thankful someone like Edrich has been willing to keep me around as long as he has. Archons know I would be a lot further behind where I am today had he not forced me out of my shell."

✧ about hayate: "Hayate? Yes, we're familiar, he travels with Edrich, and so coincidentally I've ended up spending a lot of time with him as well. Ah, well... It's a bit embarrassing to look back on now, but when we first met, we did not get along very well at all. I can't quite verbalize it -- I think something about him reminded me of things I try not to think about, and, well, this was years ago now, when I was younger and quicker to lash out at the people around me, and Hayate didn't appreciate the antagonism. Apologies, that's not what you asked to hear about -- anyways, as time went on I grew up and we began to appreciate each others' presences, and now I can't imagine not knowing him."

✧ about enki: "We've certainly never been strangers, what with how often he frequents the city, but our first proper conversation was... less than ideal. I found Enki collapsed outside the city gates while I was a knight-in-training patrolling on my own, and he had been shaken quite badly after an encounter with an unusual monster -- a colossal-sized mitachurl he found while exploring, he described. It was a bit difficult to make heads or tails of what he was talking about, at least until I wrangled him inside the city and made sure he had something to eat to restore his constitution. Enki is no coward -- if he says this mitachurl was beyond any other of its kind, then I believe him. I only hope to find answers one day, as to what kind of beast could be so undefeatable. Enki deserves that much, at least, especially after this long."

✧ about klaus: "I met Klaus for the first time many years ago, back in Liyue Harbour. We- I had stopped there for a few days to rest and earn some mora before making the rest of the journey to Mondstadt to pursue knighthood. That was how we crossed paths: Klaus was one of the Guild's adventurers, and he joined me in taking on some higher-level jobs, even despite my inexperience. We reunited a handful of years ago and he's become one of my closest confidants. He's known me at my lowest and still he remains a steadfast part of my life, something I am eternally grateful for. Perhaps that's why I find myself so at ease around him, compared to most others. ...Hmm, don't tell him I've said any of that."

✧ theme song/voiceclaim:

✧ character playlist (wip): https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgVpakGHPwgyS0DUUYRp8DrcwbOYguLfV

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  player : lunar_moth / moonchild  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Last edited:
Yuhai [Liyue]

• Spiderwebbed Artistry

Name: 余海

Name (Pinyin): Yuhai

Affiliation: Liyue Harbor, Treasure Hoarders (previously)

Vision: Hydro

Weapon Type: Catalyst (Hydro whip)

Yuhai's Theme:

Fighting Style and Abilities

Fighting Style (Whip)
    : Yuhai has a staccato fighting style that is quite out of control and almost wasteful of energy. He tends to use his catalyst to make a whip that he lashes out at enemies with. A charged attack uses a certain amount of stamina to deal hydro AOE damage. This can also cause shatter if the enemy is frozen.

Fighting Style (Visionless): Yuhai uses his spray can to blast enemies in the face with cryo

Skill - Ensnaring Web: Yuhai taps the ground with his foot, which causes a large web to cover the ground. Enemies will be slowed down and actions will be slower while inside the web, and the wet status will be applied to them. Yuhai is unaffected by this.

Skill - Yao's Gauze: Yao shoots a web that slowly heals Yuhai or his companions

Elemental Burst - Golden Strand: Yuhai infuses his web with gold, allowing him to have a wider reach as well as doing AOE damage

Elemental Burst - Cobwebs: Yuhai throws a cobweb down which ensares enemies and does a large amount of hydro damage over a short period of time

The competent code credit goes to Ami

Mu [Khaenri’ah]
ѪЦ-00000

V3oCQd4OYRcgO659TVDKEswSSa841IwPI6VTve9QpADvoHukW8bt8TggJRuntIneXcTOFT5o9OH6nEjJ5D7aN0P1TyhQwGuYCs3pPvc4PaZDBQSTdNzwRGqvWcPY471Z9aHQ3qEc

“An enemy to the gods, the people who serve them, and his creators, Mu’s fight to exist continues”

Theme(s)
MU

Character Files Loading…...

Name: Mu-00000 (Mu)

Sex/Gender: None, however, Mu is represented as a male though his appearance is a bit androngnystic.

Country of Origin: Khaenri’ah

Affiliation: None (Formerly Kingdom of Khaenri’ah)

Vision: Missiles LOL

Main Weapon: Saber

k7tKmsd2WeL73zgXqbL5H2BYvJ_yFPHhPMq1jjOTnIDnCcRxQvz7Gse34euVq-5I6OgpyI-Xsyi_nULnTgweIGL_tuk9_Wok5nJILOyeoi-JIz1_U7EN6j8bKC3leOXKbVxCt-c_

ꁝ꒐ꈜꋖꊿꌅꐔ

Point Zero….

Many, many years ago, the Kingdom of Khaenri’ah was entrenched in battle. It was no mystery of their innovative capabilities; in fact, the existence of the nation itself was a miracle itself, so it was no surprise that they sought to create something that would have been considered advanced even in their time. They had already developed several battle automata whose sole purpose was destruction. While they were effective to a point, one could not ignore their glaring weaknesses (figuratively and literally...seriously why put glowing areas telling the enemies where to target). Their ability for higher level planning and adaptability was severely lacking; likewise, humans often lacked the dexterity, and efficiency of the automata. Following this line of reasoning the Kingdom of Khaenri’ah decided that combining the two could potentially create the ultimate warrior of destruction. All in all, this being designated Mu, the first of its series would be the enemy against the gods. Creating Mu was not easy, and it involved many failures and fruitless theories, but eventually they were able to implant a soul into the most advanced automata design at the time.

The initial tests showed that their century of hard work was a success. However, Mu’s ability to feel along with his free will was a bit troubling. His sentience allowed him to think, and plan independently. This was extremely evident in his battles against his counterparts. It also resulted in the desired calculated risks that were necessary at times. Nevertheless there were times in which Mu would act/respond in way well outside of their expectations; nevertheless, they decided to continue with actual field tests.

God of Destruction….
Mu thrived in his role as a weapon of destruction. His missions were always a success, and he displayed a ruthlessness on par with his kind whilst also displaying coherence not involved in the mindless destruction of his counterparts. After Mu himself was able to gather more data he was even able to suggest strategies, or find ways to maximize performance. In tests against other automata, his adaptability, and overall performance greatly surpassed his counterparts. Mu was such an impressive specimen that they had begun to work on the next automata of his series. However, one could say they had begun to fly too close to god.

Mu was impressive...too impressive. They realized that if he were to stray too far from his robotic qualities, it was well within the realm of possibilities that he could eventually betray and destroy their nation from the inside. In short, Mu was far too powerful to have free will. So, they had devised a plan to “run some tests” in which they would remove certain aspects of Mu so that his freedom would be limited. By chance, Mu was able to catch wind of this plot and went rogue before they could call him in. He destroyed his tracking unit and went into hiding.

While out on his own, any and every encounter was an enemy. The gods and the nations they birthed despised him, and the Khaenri’ah kingdom was hunting him down. Even with his tracker disposed, he had several encounters where the blood of his creators were on his hands. He began to despise all humans and their treatment of the automata. They were sent on several impossible missions, tools for mankind’s war against the heavens. The dream of creating a nation just for those like him was something that Mu could hold on to in order to keep fighting.

Mu Offline...

One day, after another bout with the Khaenri’ah army he came across an abandoned encampment in the blizzard country. Seeking shelter from the raging storm, Mu decided to take shelter here to make repairs. It didn’t take long for him to realize that it was not abandoned, but in fact, the home of a young woman who had been living here for the past few years. She immediately noticed his presence without looking at him, but instead of reacting with hostility she offered him something to eat. Of course, he turned it down without explaining that he didn’t need to eat, but her demeanor was different from that of a normal human. She should have had some type of reaction to his presence. It was soon that he discovered she was blind. Mu wouldn’t be able to tell you how it happened, but a strange bond developed between them. It began out of his pity for the handicapped woman living in the harsh climate, performing errands here and there while labeling it as “research”. Eventually, he found himself living there and enjoying her company. The same could be said for her. However, luck would not be on their side. By pure chance an advancing force from the Khaenri’ah and an occupying force in current Snezniyah happened to meet at the location of their encampment before they could escape. Initially Mu thought he had led them there, but that was not the case as it had been months he had been living in the encampment. Needless to say, Mu did his best to protect Irina as they attempted to escape, but the bombardment from the surrounding armies hit their location and they were sent flying in different directions. Mu was damaged, but relatively okay. However, he rushed toward Irina’s location...at a first glance of her body he knew she wouldn’t survive. A frustrated Mu could not understand what he was feeling at this time...it was the first real emotion he had felt, but in reality and unbeknownst to him it was his second. It was here that he finally told the blind woman that he was in fact not human. She responded by telling him that she knew. It was a miracle born from tragedy, but Mu shed a single tear before taking his weapons and rampaging on a battlefield where everyone was his enemy.

Mu suffered several injuries in the battle, but eventually all was destroyed; that was his purpose after all. Eventually, Mu blacked out and fell into a deep chasm to never be heard from again.

Mu 00000 Online (PRESENT)...

It is not uncommon to come across various automata in the land of Teyvat, but it is best to avoid them if possible due to their aggressive nature. With the many explorers, and adventurers expanding across the corners of the world it was only a matter of time before the discovery of Mu came about. Not too long ago, Mu was discovered by treasure hunters exploring ruins in Dragon Spine. By pure chance, they accidentally activated Mu whilst fighting Ruin Guards in the area. Before the hunters met their end, a severely injured Mu made short work of the weakened Ruin guards. Of course, the humans didn’t stay around to find out if Mu was a good guy or not. In fact, Mu didn’t know what he was for he had lost his memories. He could only remember the name Irina. In a new world, in a new time, what destiny awaits this being of destruction?

꒦ꊿ꒐ꏳꑀ꒒꒐ꃔꑀꈜ
wrwEe-_-s4dZD_Vn_bqlzaBemyD2DWpvhAJuzsPZxsuo4TMpd4qY-Gw0H9fpgUL4feot3ikEI3qU9ddURLIoM03qhAtzapKfogUo3LOcPZrD3Ekg86DwhR6uPxNXFuFgjO507YIX

Hello:...Hey, you can call me Mu.

Good Morning: …

Good Afternoon: I’m busy.

Good Evening: ...The day is almost over; go to sleep.

Good Night: …Whatever

When it Rains: Vision slightly obscured, ranged combat not advisable. Unforeseen hazards are a possibility. Ability to function not hindered.

After it rains: All environmental factors normal. Functionality is at 100%.

When it is sunny: Optimal weather for performance.

When it snows: Potential hazards mounting. Shelter advised.

Food: ...I’ll pass

About Us [Mu]: ….I don’t know what I am, or my purpose. Maybe you could help me.

About Us [Talents]: ….Unfortunately, I’m probably only good for one thing.

About Us [Reminiscing] :....There’s not much I know about my past. The only thing I can think of is a name…

Chat [Automata]:...I don’t know why, but it’s a little sad watching them roam around aimlessly like this.

Chat[Friends]:...Is that a soft term for two people in contractual agreement to peacefully use each other.

Something to Share: There is a look people often give you before they die. It seems to be the same amongst most species. Maybe we’re not so different.

Something Interesting: I don’t necessarily need to sleep, but I can go idle in order to maximize capabilities and run internal diagnosis.

Chat [Idle]: ...I shouldn’t be standing around doing nothing.

wfChdyoslj4cGdXZ36pEc95XJq0UF4Xk6kSf7hA8ZpzpKBYtAc-9LgE-EcdVsfYAAKRMlWJCMVGhSXt9_wr_o3LYTnZ60zmewb-PqSrg5ZPPTvKGUFx_zq71nBTNldAbbKwXYYWY

Reiji [Inazuma]

• Mukai Reiji

BLOBZLF.jpg

Appearance: (Human and Kitsune form pictured)

Country of Origin: Inazuma

Affiliation: Wangsheng Funeral Parlor

Vision: Geo
    [How did you receive your vision]: “My Vision? Oh, it’s… an old story that I don’t like remembering, but for you… It happened back when I was a kid, on the same day that I lost my sister. While I was grieving, I remembered a promise between us, as if she was trying to guide me from beyond. When we were even younger, she forced my hand, going without medicine for six days until I caved, all to make me agree with her offer. I couldn’t stand seeing her deteriorating, so I had to say yes. The agreement, you ask? It was… The day that she wasn’t around anymore, that I would have to leave Inazuma. All to chase a life for my own happiness, and not for those in power.

“So that same night, I immediately tried absconding, but was caught and thrown in jail by the Kanjobugyo. While I was contained there, I never gave up attempting to break out, day after day, using every trick I knew to try and pry my way into freedom, all so I could uphold the end of my promise. Finally, when I needed just a bit more leverage to have a successful jailbreak, I got my Geo vision, as if Rex Lapis himself saw my efforts in that cell. I remember using it to escape detainment, but… Everything after that is a blur. Though there is one thing that I do know; I am eternally grateful to Rex Lapis for granting me the power to uphold my end of the contract. So the least I can do is use this new strength to fight for what I think is right.”

Main Weapon: “It’s a bit of an odd combination, but daggers and great swords are my thing. Adapt and overcome!”

Personality: “I’ve been told that I’m lazy and a bit too relaxed, but I see it as saving up my energy for everything that I’ve overexerted when I was younger.”

Last edited:
Enki [Sumeru]
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 1.01.00 AM.png
    Kokonose._Konoha_.Haruka.full.1733718.jpg

• original.gif

Name: Enki Tsuchiya
      Birthday: May 10th || Taurus
      Occupation/Affiliation: Sumarian Diplomat || Sumeru Academia || The Karunungan

Last edited:
Katja [Mondstadt]
Basics

Name: Katja, The Phantom Alchemist

Sex/Gender: Female

Appearance: Katja is a creature of studied unobtrusiveness for the most part. She tends to keep to the out-skirts of crowds and groups and avoid focus if possible. Actually observing her is difficult on account of her habit of moving fast and keeping her face tucked in. If you manage to get her to sit still and let you look at her, her appearance is a little striking. This is foremost thanks to the burn scars. On the left side she has a burn going up her jaw to behind her temple, and on the right side she has a burn scar covering most of that part of her face. She also has a jagged slash scar going diagonally upwards across her forehead from her left eye. Beyond that her face is angular but pretty, marked with a slight gauntness by early hunger, and her hair is a well-kept black hair accompanied by sharp green eyes.

The Phantom Alchemist is an entirely different story. It’s rare for someone to see her unless she is deliberately taunting you, but if she is she is unmistakable. She wears well-fitted tight dark grey clothes, optimized for maximum mobility, and complete with long black gloves and a thin scarf. She also wears a full face mask depicting an abstracted monstrous face, complete with blank one-way eyeholes.. Her well kept black hair is usually tied into a tight bun, but her ears are too useful to be inhibited in any way, and sit twitching, proud and cat-like, atop her head.

Affiliation: Herself, Shinies, Knowledge

Vision: None

Fighting Style, Phantom Bladework: She is a precise, dangerous, and effective fighter. She is most dangerous as the Phantom Alchemist because she is a precise duelist, and her obscured eyes offer a concrete advantage. With or without she is focused on agility, slipping around through or inside of defenses to deliver precise, singular strikes. Generally speaking she doesn’t engage in prolonged back and forths as a rule, for a couple reasons. If she goes for a strike in a real fight it is usually intended to end it, and otherwise she plays a game of avoidance and agility until she has a read on her opponent. This is partly simply her style, and partly a limitation of her weapon. It is incredible well made, but the swappability of it’s blades firmly limits it’s resilience. She cannot directly block blows, or rain blows into an opponents defense or armor. Even if she actually engages in close combat she needs to deflect so as to not risk unseating her blade. This necessity alters her style, but she does also know how to fight in more direct styles.

Fighting Style, Alchemists Grenades: She has a clockwork cartridge that stably contains twenty-one of her cartridges. She can only remove one element at a time, and has to use the clockwork to cycle between them. She also has to prime each one before use. In total she has enough experience with it that it doesn’t take more than a few seconds generally, but circumstances can cause issues. She also has three small cases in pockets with progressively more complex seals on them. These contain the nine specialized cartridges, which require more care to use and store.

Main Weapon: Alchemist’s Rapier; Her weapon is a masterwork of her craft, an intricately crafted rapier, although the blade is only a part of it, with both the hilt and the sheath playing a key role. From the bottom up we must start with the sheath. The sheath is a precisely machined metal tube, utilizing clockwork engineering to cycle between three separate blades, each imbued with elementally active materials, one pyro, one hydro, one electro. The handle also contains several elemental charges, loaded in a firing mechanism that trigger them directly onto the blade from the hilt. These can be swapped out, but are usually cryo, electro and anemo.

Secondary weapons: Elemental Cartridges; She has developed weaponized elemental cartridges created via alchemy and slimes. She generally carries around twenty-one standard cartridges at all times, three of each element, which can be replaced given thirty minutes and her backpack. She also carries more specialized/experimental charges, which can be highly effective, but can also be incredibly dangerous to everyone around including her. In total she currently carries nine of these, detailed below.

Standard Cartridges and their uses:

Pyro Cartridge: This is a simple cartridge. It’s a potent explosive, only useful as a thrown weapon. Even in combination with other cartridges it simply makes it more powerful, or function differently.

Hydro Cartridge: This cartridge is far more versatile. Firstly it has two primary uses, primed one way it’s a supportive effect, a burst heal. Primed the other way it can pop a small blast of water, primarily used to combo with cryo or electro cartridges to make them more powerful. However the heal option can also be combo’d, although it was difficult to manage it. Correctly primed, she can combo a geo and hydro cartridge to burst heal and burst shield an ally.

Dendro Cartridge: This is one of the last ones she made, as figuring out a priming mechanism was difficult. It’s not exceptionally powerful, but can be used in two ways. Primed defensively she managed to mimic the effects used by Mitachurls to create shields. Primed offensively she can leave it on another, which isn’t especially versatile or useful, but can be used to strength and prolong pyro effects.

Electro Cartridge: This one is again fairly straightforward, although it's a bit more reliable and effective due to working with Lisa. It can combo with it’s usual elements, and is primarily a burst dmg interrupt. It can however be primed to hit a single target and directly deliver a higher charge, or primed to discharge arcing electric energy.

Anemo Cartridge: This one is primarily utility, allowing her to create upwinds. It can also be used to create a windburst outwards to knock back enemies, which can be combined with other cartridges.

Cryo Cartridge: This one is simple in application again, either aoe-bursting, or delivering a more powerful cryo attack. Both can of course be combined with other effects. It can also create a small solid barrier, which can be empowered with hydro, but this is not reliable.

Geo Cartridge: This one was one of the hardest to make, but she managed to create it while making her sword in Liyue, by studying their use of Geo. It is somewhat larger than most, and can be primed in hand with other cartridges to burst on a friendly target and create a powerful elemental shield for the particular element. It can again be primed to hit a single target for a more powerful shield, or tossed down in a group of friendlies for a wider shielding. It can also be used to deflect powerful elemental attacks by throwing it at them, although it won’t shield the defended unless timed very well and activated very close to you.

The nine experimental cartridges, in three cases:

The First Case: This case contains simple precombined reactions, and is the least secured case and the least dangerous to use. Replacing these cartridges is more difficult than the baseline ones, but ultimately it only takes a few hours and the materials she usually carries with her in her pack. The first of these cartridges is a simple freeze grenade. It releases a burst of hydro energy immediately followed by cryo, icing everything in range. The second is a defensive tool, combining hydro and geo to release a burst heal/shield on everything in range. The last is a hydro/electro combo and is probably the most dangerous as an aoe attack, priming everything in range with hydro and then blasting them with arcing electro.

The Second Case: This case contains more complex reactions, and is much more secure. The cartridges within would each take at least a couple days to remake, although if she had access to one of her proper hideout labs it would take half that because she wouldn't have to gather the materials. They are also very capable of backfiring if handled improperly. The first of these is an airburst freeze grenade. It’s designed to clear a space by blasting people back with anemo/hydro energy, immediately followed by a blast of cryo. It’s less intended as an offensive option, and more so intended as a defensive/crowd control option. The next one is far more offensively intended, another tri-burst in the order of cryo+electro to slow enemies down and then put them off balance before following it up with a potent pyro explosion. The last is back to pure support, combining an anemo updraft with geo shielding and hydro healing to give allies a boost and room to maneuver.

The Third Case: This case contains extremely dangerous experimental weapons. Opening it requires a specific sequence and involves a keyhole matched to the base of her sword’s hilt. The cartridges contained within are extremely difficult to make and prototypical. Making them at all took as much as a month, and remaking them would take weeks, if it was possible at all. Additionally these cartridges have to be very carefully handled, and are incredibly dangerous to the user as well as anyone near where they are used.

Firestorm Cartridge: This is an incredibly powerful explosive attack, utilizing four separate elements. It uses anemo as a primer and delivery method to knock people off their defense and then empower the follow-up attack. The follow-up involves a swirling blast of cryo electro and pyro. With the assistance of the anemo primer, these elements swirl together and can affect targets multiple times for the few seconds the blast lasts.

Heat-shock Cartridge: This one starts off with a puffing blast of dendro energy, priming all targets in range for the immediate pyro followup to cause people to burn more painfully and longer. If the clockwork works properly, there is then a couple second delay while people have to deal with that, immediately followed by a cryo blast immediately chilling the previously burning people, and then following it up with a blast of electro energy.

Earthquake Cartridge: This is her most experimental and least understood prototype. It is extremely unstable, but only utilizes two elements, albeit versions of each she usually cannot access. It starts off with an inverse anemo burst, violently pulling in everything within range, and then unleashing a powerful blast of geo energy into the earth, creating a localized violent earthquake. It also creates fractures and fissures in the earth, along with forcing up stone pillars and spikes. She estimates this has an about eighty-percent chance of working and not violently backfiring.

Story

[How did you receive your vision]: She never received or sought one. She was caught up in seeking alchemical knowledge and mastering her thievery.

Personality: Catch her on her footing and she can be a compellingly odd figure, the ever dashing, ever precise thief. Clever, knowledgeable, and highly dangerous in a pinch. This is by and large all true. She is very good at her life’s works, firstly the study of the art of weaponized alchemy, and secondly the philosophy that if something isn’t nailed down, it's basically hers, and if it can be pried up, it wasn’t that nailed down. However the key thing to remember is that while she can pull off the dashing thief banter, that is about the only conversational skill she has. Despite all her skill and knowledge, she is, crucially, basically a triple threat complete useless nerd, alchemy, engineering and thievery. Actually socializing with people isn’t exactly in her skill set.

Story One: Katja is an odd figure generally speaking, but she is generally regarded with friendly eyes as she travels. She is quiet and keeps to herself, but isn’t one to turn away from helping others, even while she habitually keeps to herself. People who have met her before generally know her to be very shy, although if prompted some will warn that if you ask questions about theoretical alchemy or engineering she absolutely will talk your ear off. Despite the sword at her hip few have actually seen her fight, and some have expressed curiosity or confusion about how easily she travels despite not having a vision.

Few actually know where she comes from though. Countless merchants and townsfolk in towns and cities all across the lands know her by face and name, but most just know her as a simple traveler. They know she travels, but not where she travels from or where she travels to. Few have seen her actually use her sword, and fewer still have seen the other part of her fighting style, at least when she is unmasked that is. Those who have tend to speak of her with respect.

While many people know of her, either as a brief traveling companion, helping hand, or customer, nobody really knows her. She keeps entirely to herself for the most part, dedicated to studying her interests and practicing her crafts.

Story Two: The Phantom Alchemist is, in short, an absolute irritant and known thorn in the side of pretty much every nation. Not that she is some big deal important threat, she really isn’t. She doesn’t really generally steal important enough things to be a high priority, but she has proven to be annoying to everybody that enforces laws as she travels the world. People don’t really know who exactly she is, just that this odd masked figure shows up here and there to steal various items from alchemical materials to simple food.

She first showed up around ten years ago, the beginnings of her current fighting style already in place. She was a fast, agile and curious thief, equipped with a rapier and a keen eye for humiliating those who tried to stop her. She didn’t have a vision then, and so was classed as less dangerous. Over time this changed, not because she gained a vision, but because as her alchemical style began to be used she made it clear she was capable of evading and opposing vision users.

The masked alchemist is generally considered a wanted criminal everywhere you could care to name, but simultaneously has never made herself enough of a problem to have many resources dedicated. She would likely have been written off entirely if she didn’t like to steal small symbolic items from the leaders of various governmental groups to make a point and challenge herself. Her collection includes such items as an inkwell stolen from Jean the Dandelion Knight in front of her face, and a quill just barely stolen from Ninguang when the woman herself was traveling. Gay cowardice prevented her from more directly making a point of the latter theft.

Story Three: There are only a couple people alive who have managed to trap her in conversation long enough to weasel her beginnings out of her, and one of those doesn’t actually know her name. Nonetheless it isn’t actually a very interesting tale. She was an orphan, and ultimately not even a particularly interesting one. She had no grand tale, no interesting history, and no particular inheritance. Her parents were a couple of young assholes who didn’t intend to have her while traveling. They stopped in Mondstadt for her birth, and then promptly left the continent without her. They didn’t care for her, and she doesn’t care for them.

Ultimately she doesn’t really care about them, but that beginning did set the tone for the rest of her life. She started out a solitary creature, and has remained one. From a young age she was a sneaky child, liking to creep around Mondstadt and observe the people there. While she was somewhat provided for, those resources were limited, and she got a taste for stealing fairly early on. Remarkable agility and strength for her young age helped her to not be caught. It was only later when she began to grow restless that things changed. She was thirteen, young and bored, when she decided to steal a weapon from the knights, seeking her first blade. She succeeded, although not uncaught this time, and thus began her thieving renown. Shortly after she moved on from Mondstadt, making the childish decision to wander aimlessly.

Story Four: Her love of alchemy was sparked under odd circumstances, only a few months after she left Mondstadt. Her habitual stealth allowed her to see a great many things. Most crucially she saw a Mitachurl crafting a shield from a Dendro slime, and after that sparked her curiosity, saw the many other ways Hilichurls used slimes. This began her studies of this kind of alchemy, but of course she could not use the slimes in the exact same way.

It was several more years in which she traveled and stole and began her reputation before she actually made a breakthrough. She had studied and experimented over the years, gaining the first of many burn scars for her trouble. Eventually using a combination of plants she managed to extract a usable elemental material from slimes. After more experimentation and more injuries she had managed to devise a process for all seven types. However stable storage and use was still out of reach. However as she refined her usage her reputation as the Phantom Alchemist began to truly take form.

Story Five: In need of a better way to use her newfound items she eventually took to engineering and forging at the age of seventeen. By the time she was nineteen she had developed techniques to create elementally loaded cartridges for various purposes. As she developed them she also studied them, learning how best to use them. She developed a couple techniques for each one, along with combo techniques with each of the others.

However as she learned how to do this, she could feel an idea taking form. What if she used her newfound knowledge of forging to combine her two areas of study, and make herself a new blade. It took another year of dedicated study in Liyue harbor, working with the local smith who took an interest in her project. Eventually she succeeded, creating a masterpiece rapier, devised with clockwork mechanisms to utilize her elemental effects.

Alchemists Diary Journal: This is a hefty tome she spent a small stolen fortune on. Officially speaking it is where she records all her alchemical knowledge and discoveries, with a smaller portion of it dedicated to her smithing and clockwork studies. It contains her life’s work, and she has paid to have it well protected. It would take sustained powerful pyro magic to even ignite an edge of a page. Additionally it has a lock on the cover that if opened improperly will unleash a powerful Electro blast. That part was a later addition on the part of a brief opponent and now friend.

Less officially this book is also her diary, and more than that contains her personal writings going back to when she was a small child. She didn’t have it at the time, but she likes to have things tidily archived so when she got the book she spent time painstakingly transcribing those along with her knowledge. She also got thoroughly embarrassed, but she cared more about intact records. This book is her first or second most prized possession, varying depending on how recently she read the earlier bits, and competing only with her sword.

Lisa Story: When she was eighteen she was hunting for alchemical and engineering knowledge, with the desperation of an artificer too close to a breakthrough they can’t quite manage. She then made the interesting life choice to steal from the library of the Knights of Favonius. She had stolen from knights before after all as the Phantom Alchemist, even made a show out of it at one point, even if she only barely managed to run away before Jean beat the crap out of her. Okay admittedly she had had to go into the wilds for a while to lick her wounds, but she made it out taunting intact, so she called that a win. What could go wrong with temporarily stealing a couple books? She would be avoiding Lisa for the same reason she avoided Ninguang anyway.

As you might expect, it went very badly. She got away okay, she chose her timing well and slipped in and out, leaving a calling card behind with nothing out of place besides the missing books. Unfortunately she simply didn’t think to check for any kind of tracker, too busy scurrying away to a nice and dry little hideout/workshop she had nearby. She might have had at least some chance of escaping, except when Lisa showed up for the missing restricted books, Katja was in the middle of a breakthrough and paying absolutely no attention to her surroundings. The only silver lining is that she sparked Lisa’s curiosity, and so the librarian waited until Katja was stepped away from her work table before zapping the fuck out of her.

When Katja came to she was tied to a chair in her own library with an only slightly less annoyed librarian ready to interrogate her. The books being in perfect condition and clearly being used for interesting purposes helped. She was ready to interrogate this phantom thief the hard way, but the alchemist cracked instantly, albeit she was too flustered to be useful at first. This unfortunately lead to Lisa poking around and finding her journal, which was open to record the discoveries of the evening. This then made her panic even more, which rendered her unable to actually do anything about it, and also made Lisa curious.

Over the course of a curious evening, Lisa learned a lot about the thief and her discoveries. Eventually after it came out that Katja genuinely just didn’t think she could access the books another way and intended to return them in perfect condition, it became a friendlier chat. Eventually it became less of an interrogation and more two alchemists discussing the craft. Katja was uneducated and missing a lot of basic knowledge, but she had taught herself a great deal, including much that very few had ever discovered. In the end Lisa offered her a deal, allow the Librarian to read her journal and copy some of the discoveries contained within, and Katja would be allowed to finish her studies and not be turned in.

It was an awkward choice, especially considering the other information contained within the book, but in the end she had to. She got her information, and the knowledge that would lead to the creation of her cartridges and later her sword, and in return Lisa got some very interesting theoretical alchemy involving the use of slimes. She also got an array of personal information on the elusive thief, including how she started out and her opinions on Lisa and Ninguang among others. After the books were returned and exchanged, the alchemist and the witch began an odd friendship. Lisa bullied her into not stealing from the knights or citizens of Mondstadt as much, and in turn offered her knowledge and a lock on her book. When she stopped by Mondstadt now it was mostly to simply visit and talk about discoveries and curiosities she had found.

History:

Voicelines

Introduction: “….”, *scurries off*

Introduction if pressed, cornered, or the asker is a pretty lady: “Hullo, I’m Katja, traveling alchemist and engineer.”

Hobby: “Alchemy is my life’s work more than my hobby, but honestly I can’t think of another answer. Traveling perhaps?”

Hobby answer if known better: “Thievery. I like the challenge, and I don’t have a lot of legitimate resource acquisition streams to fall back on.

Favorite Food: “Pizza. It’s akin to alchemy in a sense, with its versatility and intricacy, despite its simple purpose.”

Least Favorite Food: “Slime. Have you ever been desperate enough to try and eat any kind of slime? Not a good time, and that was my least favorite trip I have taken.”

Favorite Time of the Day: “I can’t pick just one, each has it’s own uses for gathering alchemy ingredients and using them.”

Klaus [Mondstadt]
e591ec9d66b9a495ef3afb0ff9458a1a.jpg

Klaus

Affiliation: Adventurers’ Guild, Hanfeng’s Ironmongers

Main Weapon: Dual Linking Katanas - Twin katanas capable of attaching at the handles to form a dual-bladed masterpiece.

Vision: Pyro

Bauza [Liyue]
Name: Bauza

Appearance: Bauza stands at six foot one with brown skin and jet black hair that stops at his shoulders. His eyes are light brown and usually on the move as he's constantly checking his surroundings. Physically, he is slim, but athletically built. Generally, he can be seen in a fisherman's outfit during the day. At night, he's normally in a jacket with the hoodie over his head and matching pants. Black, gold, and gray are the primary colors he wears. Additionally, he has a tattoo of a Phoenix on his back and a tattoo of a shield on his left arm.

Country of Origin: Liyue

Affiliation: N/A

Vision: Pyro

Main Weapon: Scroll

Skills

Passive: Vision's Curse- Every use of the Red flame(offensive abilities) hurts Bauza.

Fury Fighter(standard attack/red flame)- A flaming aura appears around Bauza's hands and feet, causing his punches and kicks to be afflicted with the burn status. Sprinting while this ability is active can leave a small trail of fire on some surfaces.
Health Cost- 1% of max per second

Fury Sniper(hold/charged version of Fury Fighter)- Instead of both his hands and feet, the flaming aura only surrounds his right hand. After a second of charging, Bauza fires a flaming arrow at the target.
Health Cost- 5% of max per shot

Cinder Shroud(elemental skill/blue flame)- Bauza drops a smoky, blue flame around him that coats the area in a thin haze for three seconds. He and allies within the haze are healed. If the flames are hit by water, or the flames land on water, the shroud lasts twice as long.
Healing- 5% of max per second
Cooldown- 15 seconds or 10 seconds by sacrificing 15% of max health

Bruise Missile(burst/red flame)- Bauza charges his body with flames from the scroll for one second. Then, he launches himself forward and into the air for up to three seconds or until he collides with something. He deals an explosion of massive fire damage upon impact and staggers the target if it survives. This skill gains bonus damage based on Bauza's missing health/damage taken. Bauza cannot use skills for five seconds after using this one.
Health Cost: 30%(or reduce Bauza's health to 5% if it was below 35% before use)
Cooldown: 45 seconds if Bauza's health is at or above 35%
90 seconds if Bauza's health is below 35%

Story

Story 1
It's no secret that Liyue is essentially the land of contractual obligations. If you want something, there's a good chance that you can make a deal for it in Liyue. A good way to build your reputation is to specialize in something and be both reliable and reasonable with your deals. Of course, with the right moves, you can also fly under the radar. This is the case for Bauza. He is mainly known as a traveling fisherman who doesn't say much when he's around. He isn't very talkative, nor is he used to casual, friendly banter. However, he is a good listener. This makes him able to hold a good conversation when necessary in order to make sure his deals go well. Ultimately, one of Bauza's strongest traits is his perceptiveness. He's constantly aware of his surroundings, and he picks up on things quickly. Unfortunately, he finds it difficult to truly be able to relax around others. It's another reason why he enjoys fishing so much. Less people means less social interaction. Bauza is just an anti-social fisherman. That's all. Well, that's all they see. It's a much different story when he's alone. Especially at night.

When the sun goes down, and most people are either at home or on their way there, that's when Bauza's "day" begins. He generally watches over Liyue from the shadows, taking out threats to the land and its people....even if some of those threats are from Liyue. He uses stealth and speed to eliminate his targets. Then, he burns away whatever may be left of what he kills to prevent any chance of something being traced back to him. Bauza doesn't consider himself a hero, nor does he want the attention that comes with the title. Instead, he'd rather be a protector that's just seen as an ordinary fisherman.

Story 2
Bauza has always had a hard time getting along with people. Even at a young age, he refused to hang around the other kids in Liyue. He would often run off somewhere and be by himself to the point where the others wouldn't even want to be around him. Not kids, not adults, not even his own parents at times. However, there was one person that seemed to get through to him. An elderly man named Jianhuren. Jianhuren was a family friend and a beloved fisherman. No matter how cold and isolated Bauza was, the old man never lost his smile. Instead, he offered to teach him about the wonders of Teyvat as he would often find the child staring into the distance from a highpoint. Bauza agreed, and the two began traveling together in Liyue, with Jianhuren making sure the young man was safely home before nightfall. Finally, the eight year old had a friend for the first time in his young life.

Over the next two years, Jianhuren would tell Bauza stories about different locations and events of the past. Once the kid had reached the age of ten, the two began to travel beyond Liyue a little at a time. Being able to find so many areas to just relax and be at peace brought joy to Bauza. Jianhuren also began teaching self-defense and making a point to always be aware of your surroundings. Additionally, since Bauza had always loved the taste of fish, Jianhuren decided to teach him how to catch his own fish. Needless to say, it wasn't an easy task.

"Dang it! I missed again! I'm never gonna get this!" Bauza yelled out angrily. His arm was growing tired from spearfishing. Each time he would throw the weapon, he would miss the target and watch as it swam away.

"You won't with that attitude." Jianhuren replied with an added laugh.

"I don't get what I'm doing wrong." Bauza said. "I keep throwing the pike, but I never hit anything."

Jianhuren reaches into his backpack and takes out an apple. "You're a smart kid. Let me ask you something. Say I want to toss this apple to you. You're directly in front of me right now. So if I throw it forward, you'd be able to catch it, right."

Bauza tilts his head slightly. "Well...yeah. I'm pretty sure I'd catch it."

The old man nods. "Good. Now, what if I threw the apple forward while you were running to my left? Would you be able to catch it?"

"Probably not because I wouldn't be where you threw it." Bauza answered.

"Precisely." Jianhuren said. "The same applies here. When you're fishing with bait, you relax, and you let the fish come to you. When you're fishing with a pike, you go to it. However, when you throw your weapon, consider it like tossing an apple to the fish."

Bauza pauses for a second before the wheels start turning in his mind. "Ohhhhhh! I get it! So I have to try and throw the pike where the fish is going to be at!"

Jianhuren simply smiles and nods. Bauza turns back to the stream. He watches for patterns in the movement of the fish. The frustration that he had before was swept away by the calming flow of the water in front of him. Five whole minutes passed in silence. Then, as if he were waiting on the right conditions to happen, he throws the pike as hard as he can. A few moments later, his eyes light up.

"I did it! I finally di-ow!" A jolt of pain runs through his arm. This causes Jianhuren to walk over to him.

"You've been throwing that weapon for hours. Your arm must be tired from that, so it's possible that the last throw went a little overboard. Still. You got it done. Not with simple brute force, but with strategy, patience, and persistence. Who knows, you may end up becoming a great fisherman when you're older."

Bauza's eyes light up in rare excitement. "Really!? You think so!?"

Jianhuren nods. "I know so. Come on. Let's get your dinner back home."
Story 3: (locked)
Story 4: (locked)
Story 5: (locked)
Story 6: [REDACTED]

[How did you receive your vision]: Bauza's old friend, Jianhuren, wanted to visit the Dunyu Ruins one last time, so he honored his request and brought him there. The elderly man told a then 18 year old Bauza that he wanted to peacefully pass away there. They have a conversation that unfortunately gets interrupted by a ruin hunter. Not wanting to see Jianhuren killed by the massive creature, Bauza lures it away and tries to fight it. Initially unsuccessful, it wasn't until he was thrown into a pillar that would collapse from the impact that his vision would find him....by hitting him on the head on its way down. With the help of his newly acquired vision, Bauza defeated the hunter and returned to Jianhuren. The two smiled at each other for the final time before Jianhuren passed away.

Voicelines

Introduction: "My name? Bauza. Remember it if you want, or don't. Either is fine with me."

Hobby: "Fishing. I do love eating fish, so it only makes sense that I'm able to catch my own."

Chat: Mountains: "The views from up here are quite majestic. It feels like I can watch over a whole city from here. Just....try not to fall off. It's a long way down."

Chat: Liyue: “It's my home. It's where I was born. Ironically, I'm hardly ever there when I'm awake. Still, I enjoy being there. You should check it out sometime.”

Chat: Ruins: “There's always a mystical feeling in the air whenever I come to places like this. Not to mention, there are tons of horror stories that come with the territories.”

When It Rains: “I used to hate the rain, but now, I enjoy it. I guess even opposites can work together well sometimes."

When Thunder Strikes: “I'm a fan of lightning, honestly. If it strikes the right thing, it creates fire.”

When It Snows: “I don't have a problem with snow. However, I can't really participate in snowball fights anymore because the snow tends to melt in my hand before I can throw it.”

When The Wind Blows: "Ahhhh. Nothing like a breeze passing by to soothe the soul."

Good Morning: “I usually sleep through the mornings. I guess this isn't one of those days. Oh well. Good to see you're awake as well I guess.”

Good Afternoon: “Ahhhh, another good morning's rest. What's that? You've been awake for a while now? Good job.”

Good Evening: “The sun is on its way out for the day. Lots of people are wrapping up their jobs for the day. A good meal would be nice right about now. I guess you can join if you want.”

Good Night: “Enjoy your rest. No, I'm not going to sleep right now. Nighttime is when I'm most productive. It's also when there are less people all over the place.”

About Bauza: Travelling: “I've ventured all over these lands. High, low, and most places in between. Every location has its own unique beauty. Something that makes going there worthwhile. I like that.”

About Bauza: Stealth: "I prefer to be unseen. Too much spotlight draws unwanted attention. So whenever I do something, I like to do it efficiently and methodically, and then I leave like I was never there."

About Bauza: That Night: "There was one person that caught me using my vision. We just so happened to be going after the same target, and our eyes met before I could try to get away undetected. It was like two shadows bumping into each other under a light. It would be nice to sit and talk under the stars with...hey! Why are you looking at me like that? See, this is why I don't hang around people."

About Jianhuren: "He was the first person I actually called a friend. I learned a lot from him. About life...and even about myself. If he could see me now, he'd probably say 'I told you so' and we'd have a good laugh about it. He's why I have a tattoo of a shield on my arm. It's to honor him as a mentor, and as a friend."

About The Vision: “It's a very odd and complicated gift. As fire, it burns. As smoke, it heals. Unfortunately, it comes with serious drawbacks. Every use of my vision hurts me in some way. It almost feels like I'm cursed with this blessing.”

Favorite Food: "Salmon. Absolutely delicious. If you get the chance, ask Xiangling to fire some up for you."

Least Favorite Food: "Raw meat isn't my thing. I'd rather it come out burnt than undercooked."

Favorite Time of the Day: "Nighttime is my favorite time. Most people are asleep, which means less crowded areas and more peace."

Bauza's Troubles: "Nothing worth anyone worrying about. Besides, there are bigger issues out there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back