• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Gabe blinked over at the man driving the carriage-a dark-haired fellow with piercing blue eyes. In response to the question about the meeting, he lifted his palm to his forehead before pushing outward with the palm flat-'I don't know' in sign language. He turned his head back, squinting at some of the other individuals gathered there. If there was a meeting, what was it even for?

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Argent
Argent gave a calm grin. "Cool." And with that, they started walking.

"Oh, and what's your name?" she asked the woman. "It would kinda suck if you died before I found out your name."

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
Therese: I smiled a bit wider and followed her.
"I'm Therese. How about you? What's your name?"

NickNacks NickNacks
Sorin: I frowned when I realized Francis could be rather far away by now.
"Well, I need to make sure Francis- He's the kid around your age who went that way- doesn't get into trouble. If you want, you could hop onto the wagon and decide later if you want to go to the meeting; It'll keep give the Shamblers a little trouble gettin' ya."

Gabe squinted up at the dark-haired man-he looked a little funny, but mostly human. Then again, sometimes you really couldn't tell. The good thing was, if he did hop up on the cart, he could easily hop right back off if something went wrong. Gabe walked around to the back of the wagon and, with some difficulty, pulled himself up to sit on the end of the wagon, his legs dangling off the edge. He signed a quick 'Thank you', unsure whether or not the man understood, but deciding to give the gesture anyhow. Besides, if he was traveling with a boy his age, he couldn't be planning anything nefarious, right?

cacti.convo cacti.convo
"Suppose so." Joannie replied after, opting to keep her hat on her head. "Till then, it's mostly a waitin' game I suppose." She said as she shrugged, rubbing the back of her own neck as she looked around the room awkwardly.

Jesse nodded, silent. Part of her just wanted the stupid thing to happen so she could go home and be alone, but another part of her had missed seeing people and talking to them.
She shook her head to herself, Jesse needed to get herself together. She would endure the meeting and then she would leave before she could make any other acquaintances.
PlasticBeach PlasticBeach

She took a glance at Jesse, noticing more of her closed off behavior. "Guessin' you're not much of a local either, are ya?" The redhead asked, though she figured she knew the answer.
cacti.convo cacti.convo

Joannies words caused Jesse to look at her and she grimaced whilst shaking her head, “Definitely not. I’m only here because I was passing through and caught wind of the meeting. What about you?”

The redhead scoffed "Well, I figured this would've been some sort of ambush or somethin', and decided that extra supplies may have been worth a few bullet holes, y'know?"
Joannie didn't dare admit that this had also been the first time she's had contact with other survivors in what felt like centuries. It felt surreal, like any second she'd realize she was hallucinating and the room of people like her would disappear, replaced by another abandoned building.
cacti.convo cacti.convo

Jesse nodded, “I know what you mean.” She wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed her arm softly, “It’s crazy isn’t it, everything that’s happened? It’s like, one day I was minding my own business and then...” She shook her head and sighed, “Never mind. I just hope this gets done soon so i can leave.”

"Huh, you're real eager to get goin'.
." She noted as she absentmindedly watched the door "Personally, I'm preferrin' the company, as odd as it is. Besides, there's somethin' to gain from these things."
cacti.convo cacti.convo

NickNacks NickNacks AquaMarie AquaMarie

Sorin: I nodded to the kid when he signed his thanks to me. I knew a little sign language, from one of Nathan's friends' mother- Not Francis, but that goth kid. What was their name again?
I signaled the horses to get going again once the blond kid was seated, working them up to a canter, and soon caught up with Francis and whoever that girl he was following was.
I breathed a sigh of relief to find that Francis was unharmed.

"Francis!" I called briskly, "What do you think you're doing, exactly? You could've gotten yourself killed!"

Francis: I turned my head at the sound of my name, but sighed at the start of Sorin's lecture.
"Yeah, yeah. That was stupid of me." I was just about to get up onto the wagon when I noticed that we had an extra passenger.
"Who's this?" I said perkily, waving to the other boy, "Hi, I'm Francis!"

Last edited:
It wasn't long after the first person turned a year ago, that Euodia and her twin brother Syntyche rekindled their sibling bond and set out to find what has been causing this mass chaos. Euodia had just finished her schooling at The Society for Magi; while her brother's path was more... hands on. After their powers awakened at age 18, Syntyche decided to leave his family to join one of the surrounding cults and develop his telekinetic abilities. While at the cult he acquired what deemed to be the Staff of Hades. Whether the name held true or not was still a mystery; but what he did know was that he could use the staff to channel his powers and maintain total control of them. After a dark and murky past with the cult and the news of the sudden outbreak, he left to join/find his sister.

Euodia was a different story. As mentioned, she did end up going to a school after her magical awakening which led her to focusing on more herbal/white magic. She was always the "favorite" child, even so that their parents gave her the family spell book. The book gave her an almost direct admission to the Society for Magi. This caused some problems between Syntyche and her and was one of the big reasons Syntyche went to the cult. Much like Syntyche's staff, the spell book was Euodia's main source of energy and allowed her to use it as a conduit for her telepathic abilities. She was in the high honors classes and went through the school with flying colors. It wasn't until Syntyche reached out to her and explained that they needed to be together during the rise of the infected, that the two actually met up again. Since meeting up, they've been traveling all around the states to try and find someone or someones who can help them figure out what has been causing this uprising in the undead like people.

It was the day of the meeting and Euodia and Syntyche made it into Greenstone. The town looked almost barren. A few locals walking around here and there and a horse and buggy or two. A lot of what they were seeing in the town was similar to what the rest of the outside world looked like. Not too much going on, the undead seemed to be on the outskirts of the city, almost as if a barrier was protecting it, grey and gloomy, signs everywhere talking about rallies and "change is coming!"

Yup. Post apocalyptic.

As they're making their way towards the epicenter of town, they notice a decent crowd of people heading to the abandoned building.

Syntyche looked over at his sister as their walking slowed down, "Well, well, well, I think we've reached the meeting place for your 'council members.'" He said creating air quotes.

Euodia glanced over to her brother and sharpened her tone, "Look, I know you're not thrilled to be seeking help from an elderly council; but they will probably know what's going on. No one else that you've suggested seemed to." She stopped walking and turned to him crossing her arms, "You reached out to me, remember?" Her tone became a little more cross.

Syntyche rolled his eyes and put one hand on his hip and met her eyes, "I just thing we can figure this out on our own at this point. How many cities have we gone to? And how many of them have had answers?" He stopped and took a breath, "We can go in to this meeting and find out what all the commotion is about. But if there's nothing going on, I think we should just figure it out on our own. You've seen what we can do together, maybe there's some sort of spell or incantation we can use to turn people back?"

After taking his words in for a minute, Euodia let out a soft sigh and continue walking, "Sure. But I'm telling you, these elders will know something. No other town has had any. I worked closely with the Headmaster of our school before he... ya know." Insinuating that he had gotten killed and turned into one of the undead. "He had been an elder before opening up the school. They know something, I swear it."

And with that, the two siblings continued towards the door of the building.

Last edited:
Jesse shrugged, “I suppose you’re right. But it also means there’s more people to turn against you. These days you always gotta be on watch.” She glanced at Joannie, “You seem like the type of person to understand that.”

The motion of the wagon was a bit jerky and unsteady, but it wasn't totally unbearable, even if Gabe did hold onto the post to try and ensure his balance. It wasn't long before they stumbled across the other kid that Gabe had seen earlier, whom he regarded with the same curiosity even as the boy-Francis-seemed friendly and tried to talk to him. Gabriel responded with a small wave, hoping not to appear too standoffish despite his obvious silence.

cacti.convo cacti.convo
"Lucky guess." Joannie responded with a smirk, giving Jesse a sideways glance before looking back at the door expectantly, getting a feeling that another wave of strangers would make their entrance.

Jesse craned her neck to look at the door before turning back to Joannie, “You expecting someone?” She glanced around the room, surely there can’t have been that many more people to arrive; How many of them had actually survived?

Marina stood to the side as she watched the boy, who his name seemed to be Francis ran back to the wagon. He rejoin the older man who was driving the wagon and that new boy who seemed around the age of Francis hopped on to the back of the wagon. Marina decided to keep walking as they should be reaching the meeting soon. Once the wagon continued to drive along behind her the girl continued on walking.

Walking about a block and half and around the corner they finally reached the building where the meeting was to be held. "looks like we reached the meeting spot!" she shouted back to the wagon and waved at them. At the time she spotted two people entering the building a man and women about the same age. This got her a bit nervous, about how many people were going to be in this meeting, something she had not thought about. "um I guess ill meet you inside" she said with a small smile before making her way towards the doors. She closed her eye she sounded so rude just leaving and the way she actted, she enternally screamed. With a sigh she walked closer to the door her friendly side wanted to make friends, she been alone for so long, but the truth is she was scared.

Entering the building she quickly found some where to sit. She choose to sit close to a window and to the back corner. She made sure to look around for her possible exit encase she had to do a quick escape. When she felt comfortable for her choice of seating she looked around. With curious eyes she looked at each person within the building and those still coming in.

AquaMarie AquaMarie PlasticBeach PlasticBeach cacti.convo cacti.convo Jakeberna Jakeberna VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow
Francis: When we reached the place of meeting, I hopped off the wagon once more, having not conversed much with the blond newcomer - I had sat next to him for about a block before the young woman had said we were there.
I entered the building's auditorium with a slight pang of nostalgia for the time before so many people had undergone the Shambling Change. I was supposed to be in my high school's production of Sweeney Todd, but obviously that didn't work out.
I waited in the building for the other boy, feeling some comfort in having someone my age around. It was a long time since I'd seen anybody my age who wasn't already a Shambler. It made me wonder how my friends back in Detroit were doing, or if they were even still in Detroit.

Pres. Seavey: I watched out one door as people entered through the other, surprised at the turnout for this meeting. There were many more unfamiliar faces than usual.

It wasn't long before they reached what was evidently the main building. It looked about the size of an average school building-it was weird to think he'd even been in high school before all this had happened. Gabe took a few careful steps, and then realized just how many people were within the building itself. He paused, feeling his chest constrict.

The last time he'd seen a gathering like this, it hadn't ended well.

Gabriel swallowed, mouth dry, and carefully removed himself from the midst of his newfound company, leaning his back against the outside of the main building. Slowly, he slit down to be seated, a heavy exhale leaving him.

Maybe he could just sit outside and wait. He hoped Francis and the others wouldn't be too annoyed, if they'd noticed him slip away at all.

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus AquaMarie AquaMarie

As the twins made their way to the door, they heard a wagon arrive behind them. Around them were all sorts of other late arrivals, so they were relieved to not be the only ones being fashionably late to the meeting.

"What are your thoughts on the people entering the building?" Syntyche asked his sister quietly. He knew it was possible for her to read his emotions, and if she did, she would definitely find out that he felt out of his element and not eager to be surrounded by god knows who else.

Euodia glanced around at all the people, giving a brief read through everyone's emotions. "I don't think you're the only one feeling uneasy brother." She said giving a slight smile, assuring him that she had his back.

Great. So she was reading his mind. Syntyche looked over and noticed a younger looking man on the side of the building, sitting on the ground. "I think I'm gonna hang out here for a little bit. Go in, and just send me mental notes. If I think it's worth showing up to, I'll pop in." And with that, Syntyche lit a cigarette and made his way over to the younger man. "Mind if I join you?" he asked raising a brow.

Euodia shrugged her shoulders, "Whatever" and made her way into the building. As she entered, she noticed the different people. Many of the species she picked up on were ones she had only read about in her books. She looked over and noticed someone sitting by a window alone. The woman seemed genuine yet timid, the feeling was almost mutual. Euodia made her way over to the woman with dark chocolate brown hair and gave a faint smile, "Mind if I sit down?"

NickNacks NickNacks AquaMarie AquaMarie

All of a sudden it seemed, lots of people arrived, some of them alone but most of them in weird mismatched groups. Jesse shuffled on her feet, uncomfortable, as she glanced at the newcomers.
Her eyes drifted from one person to the next, taking in each ones appearence and demeanour.
Jesse glanced at the President, trying to gauge whether or not she was about to start.
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus PlasticBeach PlasticBeach Jakeberna Jakeberna VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus cacti.convo cacti.convo
"Helluva turnout ya got here, Madame President!" Joannie called out as she shuffled to look at the sudden influx of strange faces.
This feels more crowded than I'd like. It feels stuffy..
"Suppose it's almost about time to call this meeting to order, eh?" She said as she took off the heavy duster, folding it neatly over one shoulder. She didn't really know why, other than the fact that it made her feel smaller and made it easier to move about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back