• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings In Search of the Compelling and In-Depth

GhostDash

Wintery Mix
Hello, hello. Thanks for checking out my thread. I'm gonna be as concise as possible here.

1. I'm looking for folks with compelling story-making capability, in-depth character progression, and good grammatical understanding--though it won't break the bank if typos happen. They happen to me pretty often.​
2. Preferably, because of my own age, I'd much rather write with those older than 20.​
3. I'm only looking for original characters; I haven't done any fandom role play for quite a long time. That said, I'm not opposed to using canon universes as a setting or springboard. For example: OCs in a Beauty and the Beast style story. Or OCs in the Star Wars universe. Just to be clear, I'm not looking for threads in either of those specifically; they're just for the sake of example.​
4. Genres preferred: there is a wide range, from Romance to Suspense. Typically I find myself writing Fantasy or Futuristic Sci-Fi, but I have dabbled in Historical, Urban Fantasy, Dystopian--honestly, as long as the story is interesting, I'm not very picky about the genre. So let's talk.​
5. Concerning romance, I'm only interested in MxF. Friendships are also greatly encouraged across the board.​
6. Willing to create multiple characters beyond just the necessary NPC, if necessary or desired.​
7. OOC chatter is welcomed! This is where the plotting and progression really happens, even while the story is in motion. Doesn't have to be constant, but it helps keep the story on track. Also, if things need to be put on hold for a bit, then please tell me. I'm very patient and not willing to just kick anyone to the curb, but a little warning ahead of time keeps any concern at bay.​

Now, for ideas, I'm actually running a bit low on the tanks currently between all the things I am writing or have ideas for so...just hit me up. Really. Even if you don't have an idea specifically but want to try and hammer something out, let's go for it.

As of right now, some general ideas I'm almost always up far are:
-Generational. Give me a set of parents we love, and let's continue with some stories on with the next generation or two. I've never actually done one of these, and I really want to.​
-Arranged marriages. This varies, largely depending on the characters in question, so let's discuss. See what we can do.​
-Large-scale fantasy. Something like a Nation Builder. I've never heard of those before, but I find the idea fascinating, though it probably won't follow the exact rules, as I am a rule breaker. Let's make a world, chart a course, and see what happens. Why not? An arranged marriage plot would be good in this mix of this, too.​
-And, finally, the spook. I've been really wanting some theme-esque stories for this, my favorite time of the year. Doesn't have to be outright horror--in fact, I would prefer it not. But mystery or intrigue, werewolves, a quiet haunting--things that draw suspense rather than outright fear.
-I've been making a lot of male characters lately, so right now it'd be great if I could make myself some ladies to play as well to balance things out.​
And there you have it. Please PM me with thoughts, ideas, or just to start a conversation. I'll probably update this as needed in the future. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hi ^^ Would you happen to have discord? I find that rps die out very quickly for me on here and the rps on discord generally tend to last because it's just way quicker with responses.

GhostDash GhostDash

Hello! My name is Steph or Stepherz. I have a plot idea I've been dying to try out and wanted to see if you'd be interested. The plot is based off the video game Pikmin. If you've heard/played it that's great! If you haven't that's okay too! I can give you the vital information necessary for the plot. It would involve a fighting a corrupt government, venturing off to an unknown planet, some world building, and learning how to survive. All the characters would be OC's and we can build an original world. That's just a snippet as I didn't want to bombard you with all the details right from the get go. However I thought I'd share some facts about myself:

*I am 26 years old.
*I love to double (or more!) and am comfortable playing male or female! When it comes to romance I greatly enjoy it in my role-plays as I am a hopeless romantic. However it's not my main focus of my role-plays. I love drama, action, and adventure!
*Been roleplaying on and off for about ten years so I consider myself literate. I tend to mirror my partners when it comes to posting length and I'll be happy to send a writing sample if you want one.
*Happy to OCC to plot and brainstorm ideas!

If you're interested let me know, if you're not that's okay too! Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Look forward to hearing from you!

Hello. I am interested as well. I’m a very in-depth Rper and looking for quality roleplay. I play females and all your ideas work amazing with me. Let me know if you have time to chat or come up with some characters and settings. I did post here earlier with a bit more information but I have my own post up looking for a partner if you want to see what I am looking for. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back